Hear Me Out

The Beautiful Mistake

Marisa’s POV

I still remember the kiss; I will always remember the kiss. My first kiss. I can’t believe that I had my first kiss with Sungyeol. He acts as though nothing has happened and things have been more relaxed between us. Maybe I should go out with him. He was always there besides my side; he was always next to me more than even Jinyoung was when our relationship was fake. I do care about Sungyeol, I really do.

Sadly, the members of Infinite have to go to their schedule today, they left after lunch. So I’m walking home by myself today it seems. I walk right out by the front gate when someone grabs my arm. I immediately turn around and see Jinyoung standing there. We haven’t talked since the other day, his birthday. I haven’t had the courage to face him because of the kiss. We are broken up and we weren’t really together, but for some reason, it just feels awkward whenever I see him.

Today, though, I did sit next to him at lunch, but like always, we didn’t say anything. Everyone still thinks that we’re together, besides the B1A4 members and Myungsoo and Sungyeol. Everyone else thinks that we’re in a relationship and are just dealing with some difficult times because of Seohyun.

“Jinyoung, what are you doing?” I ask looking at him and then looking at his arm on my wrist.

“I…I thought I’d walk you back home,” he says nervously.

“Really?” I ask. For some reason, that gets me kind of excited, but I try not to show it.

“Yeah since Sungyeol had to leave to go for their schedule, he couldn’t walk you home today. I thought that I would step in as a replacement, is that okay?” he asks looking at me hopefully.

How did he know about Sungyeol walking me home? Normally he always stays in school late, either doing some extra studying or maybe doing something because of him being the president of his class. I didn’t say anything about Sungyeol walking me home and normally the other members of both groups are too busy to notice what we’re doing.

“How did you know that he walks me home?” I ask looking at him suspiciously.

“He mentioned it once,” Jinyoung says calmly. He drops my wrist and puts both of his hands into his pockets. I look at him and see his eyes look at the ground and then back into mine. I guess it wouldn’t be bad if he just walked me home this once. I nod my head in agreement. “Okay,” he says with a smile.

We walk side by side in silence. I don’t really know what to say to him and he probably doesn’t know what to say to me. The first time we met wasn’t even this awkward.

“So, how was school today?’ he asks trying to attempt small talk.

“It was alright,” I say. “Just the usual stuff, learning, you know. I actually have a big project coming up. What about you?”

“You know, just the regular stuff, trying to prepare us for our future lives, things like that. It’s all basically depending on what we want to do for the rest of our lives, the path that we’re going to do go down,” Jinyoung explains to me.

“And what do you want to do with the rest of your life?”

“I want to become a composer or producer or songwriter. I just love writing songs and composing them. It’s one of my favorite pastimes and my biggest dream. I’ve only composed a few so far, but I hope to compose much more.”

 

Jinyoung’s POV

That’s the first time telling a girl my dream. A girl’s never asked me my dream before. of course there were teachers, but I don’t really count them. Before the fateful day when I met Marisa, music was my life, as in I couldn’t do anything without it. Back home I always thought it was just going to be a phase, but as soon as I got to Seoul, I wanted to do everything regarding music, it became my passion and no one was going to stop me. And then I met Marisa and my world flipped upside down. Is that something good or bad?

I couldn’t tell her that I saw her and Sungyeol walking home every day. I couldn’t tell her that I spy on them sometimes to see what they’re doing. If I did that, then there’s no way she would’ve ever let me walk her home from school.

“What about you?” I ask her. “What do you want to do for the rest of your life?”

She shakes her head and shrugs her shoulders. “I’m not sure what I want to be. I don’t really have a goal for the future right now.”

“Ah, I see,” I say looking down at the ground again. I can’t look at her. Since I know about the kiss, it’s awkward to face her. I just want to ask her straight out about the kiss, but then she would think that I was spying on her and think that I’m a weirdo. I want to try to not say anything about it for as long as I live, but if she were to choose Sungyeol over me, I don’t know what I would do. I might be angry because she’s not mine anymore, I may be angry at Sungyeol because now he’s dating the girl that I like. But in reality, was Marisa even mine in the first place?

We walk slowly and take our time. As we’re nearing the house, I grab onto her hand. She looks at me for a moment, but then interlocks her fingers with mine. I don’t know if that’s a good sign or a bad sign, but it makes me happy.

“There’s a lot I haven’t said to you,” I say looking at her as we near the apartment.

“What do you mean?” she asks.

“I know I wasn’t the best boyfriend alive, even if we weren’t in a real relationship. I just wanted you to know that,” I explain. It’s true. I want her to know that I didn’t do as well as I could and that there’s still a lot that I have to do and fix between us. It’s my first time spilling my true thoughts to her.

We finally reach her door when she turns around. “Thanks for walking me home,” she says with a smile.

“It’s no problem,” I say giving her a smile back.

“Um…” she says leaning against her door. “Would you like to come in?”

“Eh?” I ask in disbelief. I’ve never gone into another girl’s house before. I’ve never been invited to another girl’s house before and I’ve never walked one home before.

“My parents aren’t home. Come on in,” she says opening the door wider for me to go in.

The only thing I can do is to abide by her wishes. I walk through the door and into her house. All of my firsts are happening today.

 

Marisa’s POV

I see Jinyoung hesitantly come into my house. I don’t know why I invited him in, I guess I just thought that it was something I should do. I think we should talk about everything that’s happened before things get too awkward. I need to tell him about the kiss, if I don’t tell him, things are going to just keep getting awkward between us, I wouldn’t know how to face him anymore.

“It’s alright,” I tell him as we both take off our shoes and enter the living room. “Go ahead and sit down. Do you want something to eat or drink?” I ask.

“Um…water would be fine,” he says as he sits down and rubs his hands on his knees. He’s nervous I can tell. Is it his first time in a girl’s house?

I get both of us water and sit down next to him on the couch.

“Why did you invite me in here?” he asks looking at me.

“Well, you said that there were a lot of things that you hadn’t said yet and I was thinking how there are a lot of things that I haven’t said yet either,” I tell him.

“So you want kind of like a heart to heart conversation?”

“Yeah, kind of sort of,” I say adjusting myself on the couch. “Maybe if we say the things that we want to say to each other right now, things will be less complicated for us in the future. We can still be good friends, you know. We can tell each other what’s been going on in our lives lately and clear up any misunderstandings that the other person might have.”

“Yeah, I know,” he says looking down at his hands, which are now in between his legs. “I’ll start," he says looking at me. “What happened at my birthday party…” His voice starts to trail off. I see him try to find anything in the room to set his eyes on, anything but looking at my eyes. “The song wasn’t intended for Seohyun, it was intended for you, which you probably already knew since I was looking at you the entire time. To tell you the truth, Seohyun has been bothering me ever since we met her randomly that one day when we first started ‘dating.’” Jinyoung uses air quotes made by his fingers around the word dating. “Ever since that day, she’s been following me and is always trying to force herself with me. That’s how things got out of hand in the first place with her. That day she kissed me, I walked away, but she pulled me back and forced herself upon me. I had no intention of doing it, I really didn’t, Marisa,” Jinyoung confesses.

I take all of the information in that he’s telling me. He’s telling me that it’s all Seohyun’s fault, that she did everything. Should I believe him? After everything we’ve been through, can I find it in my heart to forgive him and believe his words?

 

Jinyoung’s POV

Without me even realizing it, I’m confessing everything about Seohyun and the problems with her to Marisa. What am I wishing for? Do I wish for her to take me back and to finally call our relationship real?

“You don’t have to believe any of it,” I tell her. “I just wanted you to know what has been happening in my life for the past months. I didn’t want to tell you any of it because I didn’t know how you would react and plus I already knew that I was being a terrible boyfriend and that you already have a lot on your plate. I didn’t want to make things any more complicated than they have to be.”

I reach out to grab her hand and she allows me to, I didn’t think she would. I hold her hand tightly while she just looks at it. I pull her close to me and let her head rest on my shoulder. I play with her fingers for a little bit, holding them, looking at them, doing things of the other sorts.

“Now it’s my turn I guess,” she says. I look at her, as much as I can since her head is on my shoulder, and see that she’s looking at our intertwined fingers, too. “I’ve had a lot on my plate recently, you’re right.” I take a deep breath. “Sandeul confessed to me.”

“What?” I ask slightly shocked, but I could slightly see it coming. I could see the way that Sandeul always looked at her, the way that he always admired her and got the gleam in his eye. I had an inkling about it coming.

“He confessed and said that he really liked me. It was after I broke up with you, but don’t worry about anything, like about me going out with him or something of the like,” I tell him. “I’m not going to. He already said that I didn’t need to respond to him. I guess he knew that I didn’t like him in that sort of way.”

“Who do you like then?” I ask jokingly.

“It’s a secret,” she says laughing. “But then,” she continues getting serious once again, “Sungyeol confessed to me at your birthday party…and he kissed me.”

I knew it was coming, I knew that by having a heart to heart conversation, she wanted to tell me about Sungyeol kissing her. She probably feels guilty about it, but why? Why would she feel guilty about that sort of thing when we aren’t even together in the first place?

I look at her relaxing on my shoulder and sigh. “I know.”

“You know?” she asks immediately sitting up and looking at me.

“I know,” I say nodding my head. “I saw it.”

“You saw it?”

“I was walking out of the party venue trying to find you and I saw you two kissing. I thought that you two were going out or something,” I say.

“Well, about that,” she starts.

“You guys are going out,” I say in a somewhat disappointed voice. Why am I sad that she’s going out with Sungyeol?

“Jinyoung, I think that it’d be best if we just took a break from each other for now. We should get to know each other as friends before we do anything that we might regret. I barely know anything about you and you barely know anything about me. We should start at the beginning, that’s why I agreed to go out with Sungyeol,” she explains to me. “Who knows, maybe in the future we might have something.”

“Who knows,” I say with a sigh.

Something inside is telling me that I’m not going to let her go, that I want to keep her close to me forever, a burning and tugging at my heart. If I’m sure of one thing right now, it’s that I’m not going to let Marisa get too far from my sight.

“What are we going to tell everyone now, that we just broke up?” I ask her.

She nods her head. “That would be the best way.”

“I guess it would be. Are you going to say that you’re going out with Sungyeol?”

Marisa shakes her head. “We’re going to keep it hidden for a while. We both agreed on that since it appears as though I just came out of a relationship with you, it would look bad if I just went into a relationship with Sungyeol, he’s your best friend, even.”

“That’s alright. That part doesn’t bother me. I won’t tell anyone. I promise.” I stick out my hand and we seal our promise.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

“Why are you so happy and jumpy?” I ask Sungyeol. We’re arriving home from our schedule and he’s bouncing off of the walls of the van.

“Oh, no reason,” Sungyeol says looking at me and attempting to shake off his odd behavior. Thankfully, everyone else is sleeping so we talk in whispers in order not to be heard.

“What’s going on? You’ve been acting strange since the birthday party,” I tell him.

I see his face think about something, he’s probably debating about whether or not to tell me something. “Okay, I’ll tell you,” he says, but it’s more like for himself rather than for me, “but you have to promise to not tell anyone.”

“I promise,” I say. “You know that I would never sell you out, you’re one of my best friends.”

“Okay,” he says with a broad smile. “I have a girlfriend.”

“You have a girlfriend?” I ask. I’m clearly shocked about it. “Who is it? Is it someone I know?” Suddenly I’m interested in his personal life. He nods his head at the second question. “It’s someone I know?” I think about it for a minute. For some reason, I think that it’s Marisa. He did chase after her after Seohyun’s lovely announcement at Jinyoung’s birthday party. “Is it Marisa?” I ask. I see him close his nods and furiously nod his head. “You’re going out with her?” I hit him lightly.

“I confessed to her and she agreed. She said that she wouldn’t mind giving me a chance,” he says with a smile beaming across his face.

“That’s great,” I tell him with a smile. “You finally admitted your feelings for her. How do you think Jinyoung will react when he finds out?”

“We already talked about that,” Sungyeol says with a smile. “We’re hoping to keep our relationship hidden, but Marisa felt as though Jinyoung had a right to know about it, so you two are the only outside people who know about the relationship. That’s why you had to promise not to tell anyone.”

“Oh, okay,” I say nodding my head. “I get it. Are you going to see her once we return back?”

“I hope. I’m going to text her to ask her if she wants to meet up.”

 

Marisa’s POV

I slowly open my eyes to the vibrating of my phone in my pocket. I open my eyes and realize that Jinyoung and I fell asleep and I’m lying on top of him, my head is resting on his chest. His arm is around my waist holding me close. “Jinyoung-ah, Jinyoung,” I say as I shake him.

“Hmm,” he groans and turns over onto his side, taking me with him. “Let me sleep for five more minutes.”

I look over at the clock sitting on the table in the corner of the room and it reads five, we’ve slept for quite some time. “Jinyoung-ah,” I say trying to wake him up again. I see his eyes flicker open a little. “We fell asleep.”

I take out my phone after sitting up and look at it. It’s a text from Sungyeol. Thankfully it wasn’t sent too long ago. I open it and read it.

Hey, I’m going to come home soon, do you want to meet up?

-Sungyeol

I look at the text and text him back.

Of course. Do you want to grab something to eat? Should you bring Myungsoo and I’ll bring Jinyoung? That way we can go over our plan about this whole relationship thing.

-Marisa

I don’t even have time to put down my phone when I get the reply.

Sure. We’ll meet you guys in front of your apartment. I’ll call when we’re there.

-Sungyeol

I smile by reaction, I can’t help it. I decide to respond back to show him that I got the message and proceed to try to wake Jinyoung up from his slumber.

“Jung Jinyoung,” I repeat over and over while shaking him. He is one stubborn sleeper. “Hey, do you want to go out to dinner?” I ask.

“Dinner,” he mumbles.

“It’s five. Aren’t you hungry? Don’t you want to change out of your clothes?” I ask.

‘Change out of my clothes?” he asks.

“You, me, Sungyeol-oppa, and Myungsoo-oppa are going to go out to dinner, okay?”

Finally, Jinyoung slowly sits up and blinks a couple of times before it hits him. “We fell asleep?” he asks.

“Yeah,” I say. “Go back to your room and get changed. Sungyeol-oppa is going to call me when he and Myungsoo-oppa get back from their schedule to go out to dinner. You’re invited.”

“Oh, okay,” he says rubbing the back of his head and his eyes.

“So you can go back to your room and get dressed and then come back here because I’m not entirely sure when they’re going to be back.”

“Okay, I’ll see you in a couple of minutes,” Jinyoung says as I walk with him to the door.

“Okay, see you back here in a couple of minutes.” I close the door behind him and head to my room to find something nice and possibly cute to wear to impress Sungyeol since he is my boyfriend now, but why do I feel as though things aren’t going to get easier from here on out? Of course they wouldn’t get easier; it’s my life we’re talking about.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I make my way towards my dorm to get changed into something nice for going out with everyone. I see the rest of the members sitting around playing some sort of game.

“Hey, Jinyoung-hyung,” Gongchan says with a bright smile as soon as I enter. “Where were you?”

“Oh, I was just talking with Marisa,” I tell them.

“Did you guys get everything worked out?” Baro asks.

“Um…we cleared up some misunderstandings.”

“Are you guys going to get back together?” Sandeul asks with a bright smile still on his face. I can’t help but wonder how he was like when he confessed with Marisa, how heartbroken he must be since she only sees him as an older brother and nothing more.

I shake my head. “No, we’re not getting back together. We think that it’s good if we just get to know each other first before attempting another relationship.” I sit down on the floor next to them. “You know how we just rushed into this relationship that neither of us wanted. It won’t be good for our friendship or our attempt at a friendship, if we just try to rush getting back together and following our newly born feelings.”

“So she likes you back?” Shinwoo asks.

“Maybe, I don’t know,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “She didn’t say anything about whether she liked me or not and I didn’t say anything about liking her, but I’m going out to dinner with her.” I see all of my members have surprised faces, maybe they’re happy faces, but I’m not entirely sure. “No, no,” I say waving my arms, “I’m not going to do anything with her. We’re going to try starting a friendship with each other. I have to go get changed.” I get up from the floor and make my way towards the dresser to pick out some clothes. “Oh, and can you not spread word about our break up? I don’t want more scandal than I have to handle. Well, if someone asks, you can say that we broke up, but don't just randomly go around saying that we broke up."

My members give me a nod and thumbs up signaling that they get the point as I try to pick out something that would be appropriate for the dinner. Even if it’s such as a casual thing, I want to make a good impression.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

Sungyeol and I wait outside of the apartment for Jinyoung and Marisa. We both went back to our own dorm to change into some better clothes to go out in public with. Now it’s already five thirty.

Marisa and Jinyoung finally come out of the door and we’re all face to face. “Where are we going?” Marisa asks curiously looking at all of us.

“I don’t know, does anyone have anywhere in mind?” Sungyeol asks.

Having no plan, we decide to go to a local restaurant, nothing too fancy, but nothing where young people frequent just in case we get noticed and create a huge racket that we don’t want to create. With that, the four of us set off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marisa and Jinyoung worked out their misunderstandings for the time being, what will the future hold for them now? Marisa accepted Sungyeol's confession and now they're boyfriend and girlfriend, how will everyone react when they find out? How is Jinyoung planning on capturing Marisa's heart? What is Seohyun's next move in trying to capture Jinyoung?

Marisa and Jinyoung or Sungyeol and Marisa or Jinyoung and Seohyun?

Who is going to be with who in the end? What is going to happen?

 

Chapter 8 is done :D

I hope you enjoyed reading it.