Graduation Concert Party (Part 1)

The Beautiful Mistake

Marisa’s POV

“Congratulations on your graduation,” I tell the guys and I hug every one of them.

“Hey,” Jinyoung says pulling me closer to him as I attempt to walk away. “Where’s my present?”

“I don’t know,” I respond trying not to look into his eyes.

“Give me a kiss.”

“But everyone’s looking.”

“Then just give me one on the cheek.” I quickly look at Jinyoung and kiss him on the cheek. “Thank you, best graduation gift yet.”

“Oh be quiet,” I say lightly hitting him.

“Who’s ready for the party?” Myungsoo says with a bright smile on his face.

“Party?” I ask looking at them.

“Graduation party, duh,” Woohyun says excitedly. “We told you before.”

They told me before? I rack my brain trying to think of when they told me about the party. I couldn’t have forgotten, right? I’m not a person who frequently forgets things. It was just a momentarily lapse of my brain, that’s all it had to be.

“Yeah,” I say faking a smile. “How could I have forgotten? So are we going to go?”

“Not dressing like this,” Sandeul says. “We’re going to change first into proper clothes.”

“Proper clothes?” I ask.

“Proper clothes, dress attire,” Sandeul explains.

We went back to the apartment when I found that there was an outfit on my bed already placed with a note from the other members saying that I should wear it and dress up prettily. The outfit is a dress that sort of looks like a sun dress even though it is kind of cold outside. It’s white on the top with some plaid designs towards the bottom.

“Beautiful,” I hear Jinyoung whisper to himself as I get into the van to go to the party.

“Really?” I ask looking at myself.

“Always,” he responds by kissing me on the cheek since the other members were there.

“Yeah, you’re really pretty,” Gongchan says.

The car ride up is really enjoyable with all of us laughing and talking with each other. All of us also poke fun on how Jinyoung and Shinwoo are old since they’re going to go to college while the rest of us are in high school. They don’t find it as funny as we do.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

I look at my watch as the members and I wait for everyone to start coming to the party. Hoya and Dongwoo have gone to the back to make sure that they know the songs that they are going to play for us to sing as well as the ones that B1A4 are going to sing. We also sit an extra chair backstage for when we bring Marisa up on the stage and sing to her.

All of the songs that we chose relate to Jinyoung and Marisa being together, although one is about Sungyeol and Marisa’s breakup, but that doesn’t really matter since it’s an upbeat song. Through last minute rehearsals before everyone comes, we brush up on some of our dance moves.

Finally, noon strikes and people start coming. Some people I haven’t met before, so they’re probably with the B1A4 side, and other people are ones that I’ve known for quite a while. Within five minutes more, I see Marisa and Jinyoung walk into the room.

“Welcome to the party,” I say with a smile as I go over and greet them.

“There are a lot of people here,” I hear Marisa say.

“Yeah, there are. We just have a lot of friends, you see.”

“Are those reporters over there?” Marisa asks pointing to a corner. I forgot about them being here.

“Um, yeah,” I tell her, “you see, this is a graduation party, of course. So people are going to want to know what we do, just don’t mind them for now, okay?” I ask her giving Jinyoung a look and he gives a thumbs up, one that Marisa doesn’t notice.

“Oh, okay then,” Marisa says nodding her head. “Where’s everyone else?”

“Around,” I simply respond looking around the room. “They have to be somewhere.”

“Well, I’m going to go find them,” Marisa says starting to walk away.

“You’re leaving me?” Jinyoung pouts.

“I won’t be too far,” she says before she leaves.

Once she gets out of sight, Jinyoung looks at me. “Good cover up about the cameras and reporters.”

“Well, it is halfway true,” I tell him.

“Yeah.”

“You’re nervous, aren’t you?”

“Why wouldn’t I be? I’m about to tell the whole world that Marisa is the person I love.”

“You just said it,” I say pointing at him with a smile on my face.

“Said what?” Jinyoung asks completely clueless.

“You just said that you love her.”

“Did I?” he asks scratching his head and pretending like he doesn’t know that he said it.

“You did. So you love Marisa.” Jinyoung shyly nods his head yes. “Well then we’re just going to have to make this an even more memorable day for her then.” Jinyoung nods his head in agreement. “We’ve already went backstage and all of the music is ready and there’s an extra chair for Marisa. Just whatever else you want, go make sure.”

“Ah, her gift,” Jinyoung says reaching into one of his pockets and pulling out something.

“What is it? You already got her a ring, didn’t you?”

“Ring,” Jinyoung says looking at me, “how did you know about it?”

“It’s obvious,” I simply state. “What did you get her?”

“It’s a necklace. I have one, too,” he says pointing to his neck, “but she didn’t notice it. This one says my name and I have one that says hers.”

“You completely want to tell everyone that you’re dating for real already, don’t you.” Jinyoung doesn’t respond and he doesn’t need to, I can already tell what he’s going to say by the look on his face.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I stare at Myungsoo with the color rushing to my face. I do want to tell everyone that Marisa and I are dating; I just like her that much. No, I love her. I feel as though I can confidently say that now, I love Marisa and I never want to let her go. I never want to see her cry or be upset. I never want her to go to another man if she’s having problems; I never want her to have problems with me. I guess some could say that I’m selfish, but I think that this greed is because I love her a lot, because I want to protect her.

So I guess necklaces might have been a bad thing, but I already got her a ring for Christmas, what else could I get her that she already doesn’t have from me?

I walk around the room for a little bit with people coming up to me and congratulating me on graduating and I politely smile and thank them back… until I see Seohyun approaching me. Should I be afraid? Should I run away? She comes up to me faster than I thought.

“Congratulations on graduating,” she says with a smile.

“Um, same to you. Congratulations,” I tell her warily.

“You don’t have to be so tense around me,” she states. Was I being that obvious? “I’m not going to go after you or Marisa anymore. If you already didn’t know that it was all me. I want to be your friend and I want to be Marisa’s friend. I think that she’s a better match for you than I will ever be.”

“What’s with the sudden change of heart?” I ask her.

“You could say that I have a boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend?” I ask shocked. “Who?”

“Someone you know.”

“Someone I know? Then are you going to try to use him to get close to me.”

I feel Seohyun hit me on top of my head. “The world doesn’t revolve around you, Jung Jinyoung,” she says. I rub the place where she hit. “Anyway, it’s Sungyeol.”

“Sungyeol?” I ask. Wait, didn’t I know that? He was the cause of Marisa’s tears when we were back at home. “I knew that, didn’t I,” I say out loud.

“Yeah, you probably did considering…” she says letting her voice drift off. “I’m just going to leave it at that.”

“Why Sungyeol?” I can’t help but ask.

“We were actually dating secretly before, but let’s just say that some things didn’t work out once I moved here.”

“Oh, okay,” I say nodding my head. I don’t want to press the discussion any further if she doesn’t want to say anything about it, it’s their relationship.

“So, I just want to make amends, we have graduated high school, after all. We’re starting college, we can be professional. Okay?” she asks extending her hand.

“Okay,” I say shaking it with a smile.

“The first time that you have actually smiled at me,” Seohyun comments. “Anyway, I’m going to go find Marisa, do you know where she is?”

“Um, no I don’t, she was going to go find people,” I confess. “But can you bring her to the stage when you find her?”

“No problem,” Seohyun says walking away.

I look at my watch and head backstage where all of the guys are already waiting. “Infinite is up first,” Shinwoo says.

“We’re doing three songs then your turn is up,” Sunggyu explains.

“Sungyeol, no funny business,” Myungsoo says looking at him.

“Hey, why am I always picked out?” he asks pouting.

“Because you’re probably going to go do something to Marisa or Seohyun,” Myungsoo says not even looking at Sungyeol again.

“Don’t do anything to my girlfriend,” I comment.

“I wouldn’t even dare, besides during the one song that’s like about our breakup,” he quickly adds onto the end.

“Infinite are you ready?” a guy asks coming into the room.

Dressed in their stage outfits, they make their way out onto the stage. I hope everything goes well.

 

Marisa’s POV

“Hey,” I hear a voice come up to me. Immediately recognizing it, I turn around. “No need to be so tense,” Seohyun says. “I’m here to take you closer to the stage, upon request.”

“Request?” I ask.

“Ladies and gentlemen,” a voice booms over the loudspeakers. “Get ready for a treat. Now performing is going to be Infinite.” Infinite is performing?

I walk closer to the stage with Seohyun as there are already people gathering around.

Suddenly, the seven figures walk out on stage all with microphones in their hands and all with changed clothes.

“Hello, we’re Infinite,” they all greet together.

“Thank you for coming out to the party,” Sunggyu starts. “Now we’d like to show this appreciation by singing a couple of songs. Would everyone like that?” People start cheering in response. “Let’s do it boys. This is ‘Cover Girl.’” How come when he said that I felt like the boys were all looking at me?

Suddenly the music starts to play and the boys start jumping around on stage and playing with one another, also not forgetting to do fan service. They must really love performing this song. Sungyeol starts with his rap and he looks right at me.

 

I don’t want to face any kind of beautiful separation

Someday we will grow apart; we won’t see each other again

It’s too short of a love journey to say this

Passing over the countless doorways that say love is pain in the open streets

Going by myself is not the solution

The awkwardly held hand is you

 

Suddenly Sunggyu starts to sing and he points right at me.

 

You are so pretty, you really shine

Each moment, you are my cover girl

 

Myungsoo starts to sing and I see him wink at me. Why is Myungsoo winking at me?

 

You smile whenever you see me, even when you’re mad, you smile

How can I say I don’t like you?

 

I only need one, I only need one

You know it, it’s obvious

Completely trust me, just trust me

Then I am yours, for always

 

The boys then start dancing to a cute little aegyo dance, which I can say looks slightly awkward with them doing it? But maybe it’s because I’m not used to them dancing like this, or rather dancing a lot at all. They looked slightly cute jumping back and forth like that.

Sungyeol then begins to rap again as he jumps down from the stage and makes his way towards Seohyun and me. Which one of us is he aiming for?

 

Pretend that I’ve never been sick

Pretend that I don’t regret after I love

There’s no need to hurt by thinking

Just you and me, just us two is enough, baby love ya

 

As Dongwoo starts rapping, Sungyeol hops back to the stage, but not before kissing Seohyun on the cheek. She and I start laughing and giggling with each other.

 

Is your head still calculating?

Are you still confused on what the answer is?

It’s simple; I can never let you go

The answer is that we can’t go on if it’s not us together

 

If you let your eyes wander, you know what will happen

If you have other feelings, you know what will happen

Then I don’t know what I will do either (you are my cover girl)

 

As much as you love, as much as you receive love

The scars are bigger as well

 

I only need one, I only need one

You know it, it’s obvious

Completely trust me, just trust me

Then I am yours, for always

 

As Sungjong starts to sing, I see him glance in my direction and throw a heart. A lot of girls start yelling for him. I guess the youngest does have a lot of girl fans.

 

This is it, it’s not that hard

If our hearts for each other are beating

If I call your name with my voice, it starts

 

I swear I could hear one of them whisper my voice, but I don’t know which one it was. I don’t even know if one of them did.

 

You are my angel, my only cover girl

I shout louder, you are mine (I can be loud)

My burning heart has focused on you

My eyes will only hold you

 

I only need one, I only need one

You know it, it’s obvious

Completely trust me, just trust me

Then I am yours, for always

 

The song comes to an end as they all start to settle down on stage. “Ah, thanks for coming,” Sunggyu starts off.

“Did you guys enjoy it?” Sungyeol asks practically staring at Seohyun and me. The crowd yells back their response.

“We knew you guys would like it,” Hoya says with a smile.

“How about another song?” Myungsoo asks. The crowd yells once again.

“Looks like another song,” Dongwoo says.

“This time, it’s going to be slower,” Woohyun says as they start bringing out chairs.

“It’s called ‘Real Story,’” Sungjong says as the music starts playing.

As the song starts, they all sit there and start swinging to the music. Woohyun starts doing aegyo while the others yell out some random things before they start singing.

 

You ask me again today if I love you

I only laugh and ask why you say that again

 

You cry again today, saying I’m too much

It’s just the same answer to the same question

 

Are those words that hard to say?

Is it hard for me to do something that everyone does?

 

Do I need to say it for you to know? I love you everyday

 

As the chorus kicks in and they’re all singing, I gently see all of their eyes land on me once in a while. Sungyeol stares at Seohyun, but Myungsoo is practically staring at me the whole time. Why? He was doing that in the first song, too. Am I supposed to specifically be paying attention? We’re only friends, he can’t like me. He knows of my relationship with Jinyoung.

 

Hey, wait a second, I only look at you

Even if I don’t act like it, I’m paying attention

Hey, it’s constant, there’s no change

You’re a fool who puts her everything towards just words

 

Infinite starts swaying back and forth to the music and some are tapping their feet. I look around in the crowd and some are waving their hands back and forth. For being a graduation party, it feels more like a concert to me.

 

Why wouldn’t I know those words ‘I love you?’

It’s tickling me as it’s around my neck

 

Why wouldn’t I be able to do it, those words that are on my mouth?

There’s really no big meaning to it if I keep on repeating it

 

Is it really that important?

Is my heart not enough?

 

I really don’t know why is it important about what others do?

 

Hey, wait a second, I only look at you

Even if I don’t act like it, I’m paying attention

Hey, it’s constant, there’s no change

You’re a fool who puts her everything towards just words

 

Going out with the blunt me

You’ll probably become tired because of me

 

But I’ll promise you one thing

I’ll do better than anyone else

 

Hey, wait a second, I only look at you

Even if I don’t act like it, I’m paying attention

Hey, it’s constant, there’s no change

You’re a fool who puts her everything towards just words

 

I’ve become sorry to the smiling you

I feel like I’m tying you up, with the word of love

It’ll become lighter with whispers through the ears, side by side

You’ll never be sad

I’ll change gradually with those words I cherish and without change; I’ll stay by your side

I’ll do better and better because I know you well

 

As the song comes to a finish, I can’t help but feel touched and I bet everyone else does, too, since they’re clapping and cheering.

“Well, we’re glad you all liked the song,” Sunggyu says.

“That was for someone special,” Myungsoo says. The girls start cheering.

“It was requested by their someone special,” Sungjong says looking at me and winking. What’s up with all of them and winking? Was that song requested for me by someone? Was Jinyoung the one that requested it? Speaking of, where is he throughout this thing? I don’t see him or the other members of B1A4 anywhere. They didn’t run off, did they? They’re the ones that brought me here.

“We have one more song before our turn comes to an end. I guess this song could be taken both ways by that special person whose song was requested before,” Woohyun explains.

“It could be about the person they broke up with or it could be about their own feelings,” Myungsoo says. As he said those words, he looked right at me. There’s no doubt that they’re talking about me now. He’s probably talking about the time I broke up with Jinyoung or about my breakup with Sungyeol. What song could possibly reference that?

“Please listen to our last song ‘Amazing,’” Hoya says.

The music starts playing as they get into formation and start dancing again. I didn’t even notice when the chairs were taken away.

 

So amazing, yeah

So amazing

 

Why am I so weird lately?

I keep smiling all day long

 

My soul must’ve left my body, I must’ve gone crazy

Whatever I eat, I still feel numb

 

Something feels empty, something feels awkward

I definitely lost something, but

 

Girl, what did I forget?

I think I hurt my head

 

As they start singing the chorus, I can’t help but laugh at their adorable dance. And somehow, I find it addicting, not only their dance, but the beat of the song. As I listen to the lyrics, I finally realize what this has to do with my breakups. Again, like the past two songs, they’re also looking at me. I have to ask them why later.

 

But why aren’t you coming? (Baby, baby)

Why aren’t you contacting me? (Baby, baby)

Thump, my heart drops, this was it, the thing I lost

 

Amazing you, amazing me, amazing

How did we become strangers?

Amazing you, amazing me, amazing

 

That’s it, just listen

The road you liked because there weren’t any tall buildings

You’re walking down it with some other man and holding hands

Even if we’re now strangers, I can’t forget you

No matter how much I try to forget and forget, there’s only you

 

I, who was hit here and there, my body’s full of scars

There’s no way back, I can’t breathe

The thing I found by looking and looking was myself through your eyes

 

I keep searching for you

 

I should’ve lived acting like I don’t know

But at the thought of you, my heart hurts too much

 

My soul must’ve left my body, I must’ve gone crazy

Lost my mind, forgotten about my life

 

What’s the problem? What’s wrong?

It already ended

 

Girl, it hurts so much, I don’t think I can handle it

 

As the Infinite members point out their fingers during the dance, I feel like they’re pointing at me. Why does it make me nervous?

 

You’re not coming back (baby, baby)

I won’t see you again (baby, baby)

Drop, tears fall, this is what it’s like, you not being here

 

I don’t think I can live like this anymore

You were my all and I lived for you

 

You’re not coming back

I won’t see you again

Drop, tears fall, this is what it’s like, you not being here

 

Amazing, amazing, amazing

How did we become strangers?

Amazing you, amazing me, amazing

How did we become strangers?

 

The song ends as Infinite gives off a last “cool” pose and I can’t help but to laugh at the silliness since I know the true sides of them all.

“Well, that was our last song, now time to pass the baton,” Sungyeol says.

“Who are we passing the baton to?” Dongwoo asks, he’s probably pretending since he laughs.

“We’re giving it to B1A4,” Myungsoo announces. “Come out on stage, guys.”

Right before my eyes, Shinwoo, Baro, Gongchan, Sandeul, and Jinyoung come out on stage donning their stage outfits. When did they do that? When did they plan this?

The members of Infinite come down off of the stage and find where Seohyun and I are. Well, it’s easy for them since they were staring at me the whole time. “Did you guys like our stage?” Sungyeol whispers.

“It was cool, but why—,” I begin to ask, but am cut off when Sungyeol tells me to watch the stage and be quiet.

“Now, it’s B1A4’s turn to show you our charms,” Baro says.

I hear Jinyoung sigh, close his eyes, and shake his head with a smile on his face in a cute way. He slightly laughs to himself. “I hope you enjoy our stage,” he finally says looking right at me and winking. Really, winking again? Is this like a winking party instead of a graduation party? “This is for you,” Jinyoung says, “you know who you are.”

“What?” I ask looking around at the members of Infinite.

“It’ll all make sense soon,” Myungsoo whispers to me.

I just nod my head and turn back to the stage where the music starts up for B1A4. I’m pretty sure that this is no longer a graduation party.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is Jinyoung going to confess to Marisa? How is Marisa going to react to the confession?

 

Chapter 25 is done. Hope you enjoyed :D

There will probably be two more chapters until this whole story raps up. The next one will be a continuation of the party and then the last one will happen....at a secret time...shhh. And then the sequel.

The songs I used for Infinite are some of my favorites. They are Cover Girl, Real Story, and Amazing. Personally, I have to say that Amazing is probably my absolute favorite out of the three, but I like them all. Just wait to see what the B1A4 songs are, unless you already read my blog post that put them in it, then you already probably know what to expect. Wait for it! :)