Common Ground

The Beautiful Mistake

Marisa’s POV

I open my eyes slowly with the realization from yesterday setting in. Jinyoung and I now have to stay in the house all day until this whole thing blows over. I hear a stirring movement and it’s then that I realize that I’m no longer where I fell asleep last night. “Sungyeol oppa?” I ask. I look around me and realize that I’m on his bed; his hands are around my waist holding me to his chest.

“Hmm?” he asks shifting around a little.

Are all men the same when they sleep? They never want to get up and only make little grunts?

I manage to get out of Sungyeol’s grasp and am able to sit up in his bed. I put my back up against the wall and look at him sleeping; he looks so peaceful sleeping there like a little baby. It still hasn’t set in that he’s my boyfriend yet, maybe because of everything that happened with Jinyoung already and now with all of this craziness. I can’t help but feel sorry for him because he has to put up with all of it.

I look over at the clock and see that he’s going to be late to school if he doesn’t wake up soon. I can’t help but wonder if Myungsoo is up, but I can’t see because he’s on the top bunk. “Sungyeol oppa,” I say running my fingers across his face. “You’re going to be late if you don’t wake up soon.”

“Please let me sleep more,” he mutters grabbing my hand and holding it.

“You have to go to school,” I protest. “You’re going to be late. You can’t miss school because of me.”

He slowly wakes up and sits up on the bed. “Fine,” he says looking at me. I look back at him and I can’t help but feel myself blushing. “You like me, then.” I guess he’s seen my embarrassed face.

“Just go get ready for school,” I say gently pushing him. “Is Myungsoo up yet?” Sungyeol sticks his head out of the bottom bunk to look up at the top of the bunk. He looks at me and shakes his head. “Well let’s wake him up and get you guys ready for school.”

It took a while, but both are finally off to school with the rest of the members. Myungsoo and Sungyeol say that they’re going to tell the others about what’s happening and why we’re staying in the dorm for the time being. I can’t help but wonder how they’re going to react upon hearing such news.

I look down at the sleeping Jinyoung. I probably shouldn’t disturb him since we don’t have to school. Now I’m all alone in the dorm, what am I supposed to do? I go out of their bedroom and head for the main living room where I decide to watch some television. Television is an easy way relieve some boredom.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I turn around. There’s a bright flash of light. People are around me screaming and yelling. What is happening?

 

I wake up with a sudden jolt in bed, well more like the heap of blankets on the floor. I forgot, I’m staying at the Infinite dorm. I look around the bedroom and see that Marisa isn’t there anymore and my heartbeat quickens. I rush out of the room to find her lying in front of the television on the floor.

“What’s wrong?” she asks looking innocently at me.

“Oh, nothing,” I say trying to shake off the fact that I thought something had happened to her while I was sleeping. It must’ve been that dream. That’s all it is. It was just a dream.

I take a seat down next to her and I see that we’re both still wearing our pajamas. She’s wearing a pair of Spongebob pajamas while I’m just wearing some lounging pants and a plain white t-shirt. It’s really awkward with us sitting here.

“So,” she begins looking at me.

“So,” I say. “How is your relationship with Sungyeol going?” Why did I have to say that question? My mind couldn’t think of anything else?

“It’s going good,” she says nodding her head, “but with all of the mess, we haven’t had time to act like a couple or anything.”

“Yeah,” I say looking down on the floor. Most of this is my fault, all of it is my fault. I can’t help but feel sorry for Marisa. I mean, the one that Seohyun wants is me. “You know,” I begin, “maybe I should just give into Seohyun’s request.”

“What?” she asks looking at me.

“Maybe then we won’t be prisoners in a dorm. If I just say that Seohyun can be my girlfriend then this whole mess will be solved, right?”

“I don’t think it gets solved that easily, Jinyoung,” Marisa says looking at me. “We don’t even know if the people who took the photos are related to Seohyun.”

“True.” I can’t help but feel stupid now for bringing it up. “Why does this have to be so annoying?” I ask as I lay down on the floor and stare the ceiling. I put my hands behind my head.

“Because it’s a way of life,” she says watching me. “Why did we have to meet in the first place?”

“Are you regretting meeting me now?” I joke sitting up on my elbows.

“No,” she says with a smile on her face. “If we never met, then I would’ve never met Sungyeol.”

So that’s what it’s about, it’s about meeting Sungyeol. She must really like him. It kind of pains me. Silence comes between us again.

“And,” Marisa continues, “I wouldn’t have met some awesome people.”

I was just about to make a witty response when I hear my phone ring. “Give me a minute,” I say going back into the bedroom. I rummage through the blankets to find the place where my phone is.

“Jinyoungie-oppa,” Seohyun says on the other line. Great, what does she want? “You aren’t in school today, are you okay? Should I come over to your dorm?”

“No,” I tell her. “Don’t come near me anymore. I don’t need your help, I never did. Why do you insist on following me?”

“Because I like you,” she responds.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in class?”

“It’s lunch.” I quickly glance over at the clock and see that it would be her lunch period.

“Still,” I begin, “don’t call me.”

“Is Marisa there with you?” she suddenly asks, her voice suddenly turning from cute to serious and dangerous.

“What would it matter to you whether or not she was here?”

“Are you guys doing something you shouldn’t be doing?”

“Once again, it doesn’t matter to you,” I repeat.

“Jinyoungie-oppa, I don’t think Marisa can make you happy. I think you guys should break up and look elsewhere. You don’t even look at her; you barely give her any attention. You give more attention to me than to her.”

“No I don’t,” I say. “You don’t know anything.”

“I know that your relationship is fake and I know that you will be mine Jung Jinyoungie-oppa,” she says before she hangs up.

I keep the phone to my ear, I can’t move my arm. How does she know that our relationship was fake? There’s no possible way. No one knows besides the other members. They wouldn’t betray me, would they? How in the world does Seohyun know that our relationship was fake? Did she overhear it somewhere? Is she only attempting to see what would happen? Is it just me or are things getting worse?

 

Marisa’s POV

I see Jinyoung coming out of the room walking like a ghost. He doesn’t seem like himself from when he went into the room. “Did something happen?” I ask.

“Seohyun knows that our relationship is fake, or rather was fake,” he says.

“How does she know?” I ask. It feels as though the wind has been knocked out of me.

“I’m not sure, but do you think that those people that took the photos and Seohyun are related now?”

“Probably,” I say. “Well do you remember anyone of your past someone you may have angered unknowingly?” I ask trying to find information.

“Nothing I can remember,” Jinyoung says looking at me. “Marisa,” he says looking at me, “what are we doing?”

“We’re fighting an unknown monster,” I tell him. “We’re fighting two monsters right now.” I think for a moment. “Should we just say that our relationship was fake?”

“You mean like announce it?” I nod my head. “Are you crazy?”

“I probably am,” I tell him, “but things will probably only get worse now with that hanging over our heads now that she knows. I think that we should say something about us breaking up, at least that. We shouldn’t hide it anymore. If we just say that we’re broken up, maybe the whole thing will blow over.”

“Are you sure that it’s what you want?” Jinyoung asks looking at me.

“I’m sure.”

“Then I guess I’ll give a call to manager-hyung and we’ll sort all of it out.”

 

Myungsoo’s POV

School is normal and I’ve told everyone to keep an eye out for something suspicious. I’ve asked Sungyeol especially to keep an eye on Seohyun because he comes in contact with her the most during school, and Dongwoo. They’re both making sure that she’s not doing anything out of the ordinary or giving anything away.

This is just becoming too crazy. Those people at the restaurant seem all too familiar for me. Too close for comfort, but I can’t seem to remember who they might be and why they are targeting those three especially. As far as I know, there is really no direct tie to Marisa, Jinyoung, and Sungyeol besides when Marisa and Jinyoung got placed into their fake relationship. This is just one large puzzle waiting to be put together; it’s just that I don’t have all of the pieces yet.

“Are you okay?” Sandeul whispers to me during class.

“Perfectly fine,” I say giving him a fake smile and lying.

“What’s going on with Marisa and Jinyoung-hyung?” he asks.

“Why would you ask?”

“They were going over to your dorm last night and Jinyoung-hyung was packing clothes and Marisa had a backpack. Why were they going over?”

“I was planning on saying something later, but I guess I’ll say it now,” I whisper. “Seohyun is acting crazy and there are these pictures taken of them. I’ll explain all of the details later.”

“It sounds dangerous.”

“It seems like it’s getting dangerous. They’re staying at the house for the time being, though.”

“That sounds good.”

“Yeah,” I say looking at him. “For now.”

 

Jinyoung’s POV

“What did you really think of me?” I hear Marisa ask me randomly.

“What?” I ask looking at her. We’re both bored out of our minds sitting here waiting for them to get home from school, which should be any time from now.

“When we were in our fake relationship, what did you really think about me? I know that you never showed me any emotion or anything, so did you like hate me or something?”

“I’m not sure what I felt,” I tell her, which is true. I didn’t know how to digest this whole relationship thing. We spent practically six months together, so truthfully I got used to her being by my side. This idea now that she’s not by my side anymore is killing me. I do like her, but I can’t tell her. She’s in a relationship with Sungyeol. I can’t say anything. I won’t say anything.

“Oh,” she says looking slightly disappointed.

“I don’t mean that in a bad way,” I start attempting to explain myself. “It’s just that I wasn’t sure how to react to everything. I only focused on music before you came along, like I told you before. Music and composing was everything. Now, I barely even do it anymore. I remember the day that I met you, I thought you were a nuisance; you probably thought I was, too, though. I thought that you were just coming to purely mess up my dreams so I ignored you. It wasn’t on purpose though.”

“I thought you were annoying, too,” Marisa says looking at me with a half smile on her face. “I kept asking myself why I had to be in a relationship with this annoying guy. We barely even talked to each other before and this is probably the longest time that we’ve ever spent with one another.”

“True,” I say nodding my head. “Now, though, you’re not that bad. I’m sure that you and Sungyeol are going to be the happiest couple.” I look at her and I see that she doesn’t look happy at all. “Are you okay?” I ask looking at her. “C’mon, cheer up.” She continues to ignore me so I quickly sneak up on her and start to poke her. Somehow that leads to me tickling her.

“Please…don’t,” she manages to get out during her laughing fits.

“Well you wouldn’t laugh, so now this is what happens,” I say with a smile on my face.

Suddenly, before I know it, I manage to trip myself on something and fall on Marisa, our lips touching.

“Hey,” I hear someone say as the door opens.

Immediately Marisa and I pull away from each other, but not before we’re seen by the incoming party.

“Jung Jinyoung!” I hear Sungyeol yell. “What are you doing with my girlfriend?”

Marisa and I only exchange some awkward glances and I feel the color rushing to my face. We both look at the people walking in and see the it’s the members of both of the groups. Neither of us can do anything, it’s like we’re frozen where we are.

Great, what is everyone going to think now? I look down at Marisa and I see her looking at me. Why does my heart feel like it’s about to explode?

 

Marisa’s POV

Jinyoung and I kissed in front of Sungyeol and the other Infinite and B1A4 members. What are they going to think about us now? It feels awkward with Jinyoung still holding himself up off of me. It feels weird having him this close when my boyfriend is watching. Why is my heart beating so fast, though?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ending of another chapter :D

Okay, so things don't get that serious, but Jinyoung and Marisa know that Seohyun knows about their used-to-be fake relationship. Are they really planning on announcing it, though? What's going to be the aftermath of Marisa and Jinyoung's accidental kiss in front of both groups? Is Seohyun really connected to the people that took the pictures?