Happiest Birthday Ever?

The Beautiful Mistake

Marisa’s POV

I decide to sleep in for the day, it’s not like I have anything to do. I broke up with Jinyoung last night. It’s not even like I really wanted to. I think I was starting to like him, despite the limited time and attention that he actually gave me during our six month relationship, well fake relationship. Whenever he talked to me, I felt special, but I knew that it was all an act. I couldn’t help but be moved by it sometimes, though.

I hear my phone ring and I pick it up, but not happily. Whoever called is destroying my nap time. “Where are you? Where are you?” a voice frantically asks. It’s Gongchan. That’s to be expected.

“Sleeping,” I say. “Why?”

“You aren’t going to come to Jinyoung’s day?” he asks.

“Jinyoung hasn’t told you then,” I say.

“Oh, he already told us. He told us last night. We prodded him until he told. You see, he looked upset last night, so we could only naturally ask him what’s wrong. We’re s, he’s our leader.”

“Ah,” I say. “You still want me to come?”

“The public still thinks you’re together,” Gongchan says quietly. I know that he doesn’t really like speaking about our relationship being fake. He tries to avoid it at all costs possible. “You can avoid each other in private, but our fans think that you guys are together. I think that they really like you, Marisa.”

“Oh, I guess I’ll come. I’ll get dressed really fast and then I’ll meet you guys at your dorm.”

Half an hour later, I’m driving in the van to go to the hotel. Jinyoung is sitting up front with the manager and I’m in the back again between Sandeul and Gongchan, a comfortable place that’s away from Jinyoung. I bet Jinyoung already told his manager too because he doesn’t even question why we aren’t sitting together or even talking with one another.

I haven’t told Sandeul an answer yet. Truthfully, I don’t want to break his heart, but I don’t think that I’ll be able to like him. I only see him as an older brother, but would I be able to see him as something more? Then again, Sandeul also hasn’t said anything about the time that he confessed to me, so he’s probably forgotten all about it or just forced himself to forget about it. I also get the feeling that Sungyeol likes me a little bit, but I don’t know. All of these people, what’s the right decision?

We finally arrive at the venue. Everything is all set up to celebrate Jinyoung’s birthday.

During the sort of fan meeting type thing, I sit in the crowd watching it all happen. It is really cool how they interact with their fans and how they really do appreciate them for everything that they’ve done up to this point. I see Jinyoung sneak a flew glances at me, but it would only be for a few seconds. He would then turn back to the other fans that were there. I was expecting that, or I was actually expecting him not looking at me at all, like ignoring me like the plague.

The fan meeting successfully ends, with Jinyoung getting some cake in his face, and there are a couple of more hours until the surprise party. Jinyoung just thinks that we’re all going to go out for dinner tonight, me included, to some casual place, so casual clothing.

“Hey,” Sandeul says catching me aside. It’s the first word that he’s spoken to me all day.

“Hey,” I say smiling back at him. “About your confession…” I begin.

“Shh,” Sandeul says bringing his fingers to my lips and looking around. “No one knows about it. You’re not going to accept it, I already know. We can just be friends like old times. no hurt feelings.” He looks at me with one of his eye smiles. He’s probably hurt a little bit, but I don’t want to lose him as a friend. He’s a really good friend. Actually, since he confessed, too, his accent has gone away when he talks to me. I can understand what he’s saying perfectly.

“Oh, okay,” I say nodding my head and understanding. “What did you come over here for again?”

“Oh, yeah,” Sandeul says remembering. “I thought you wanted some clothes for tonight.”

“Clothes?” I ask.

“Yeah, you know to wear for Jinyoung-hyung’s birthday,” Sandeul says.

“What do you mean, though? I have clothes.”

“Yeah, but you don’t have the clothes that I have for you. I saw them when I was walking and I thought that they’d be good for you. Plus, they’re also a style that Jinyoung-hyung likes.”

“Why do I care about what he thinks?” I ask at the sudden pop up name.

“Don’t you want to get him back?” Sandeul asks.

“You know that we weren’t in a real relationship,” I tell him.

“Yeah, but you never know. You could’ve developed feelings for him.”

“Developed feelings?” I ask looking at him. I hadn’t thought about it before. What if I do like Jinyoung, it’s just that I hadn’t noticed it yet?

“Anyway, follow me,” Sandeul says taking my head and leading me somewhere.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

Where is Sandeul taking her? Does he not know that I’m standing right here? Granted, we did just break up.

Then again, let him. I hope he just goes along to the plan.

 

LAST WEEK

“What do you have to confess or talk about, Jinyoung-hyung?” Baro asks.

I take a deep breath and look at all of them. “Well, you see,” I say taking the beginning slowly. “You know how Marisa and I are in a fake relationship, right?” I look at everyone and they all nod their heads in agreement.

“Don’t say that you’re going to break up with her,” Gongchan says. “I like Marisa; I think she’s good for you whether you guys are actually going out or not.”

“I wasn’t going to say that I’m going to break up with her, Gongchan,” I say messing up his hair.  “You shouldn’t assume such things.”

“Then what are you going to say?” Shinwoo asks looking at me.

“I…I was going to say that I think that I like her,” I tell them.

“Really?” Sandeul asks looking at me.

I just nod my head. “I think I really do, but, I’m really bad at conveying my feelings. Do you think that you guys could help me?”

“Sure,” Gongchan says. I know that he’s always on my side.

“Why don’t you write her a song?” Baro suggests. “You’re good at composing.”

“What about your birthday? It’s coming up,” Shinwoo says.

I listen to all of their ideas and suggestions, taking them in one by one. By my birthday, I hope to confess to her how I truly feel.

“Actually, I was thinking of a song,” I tell them. “But when I try to force myself to write, nothing comes out as a result. Do you guys want to hear what I have so far?”

 

Myungsoo’s POV

The members and I all enter the venue for the surprise party. I see everyone turn their heads to look at us, the new arrivals. Over in the corner, I spot Seohyun looking this way. She just drinks whatever is in her cup and talks with some of the girls next to her. She’s probably soaking up that publicity from the newspaper.

I see her spot me and start walking over. All of the members have gone their separate ways now. They’ve seen people that they are good friends with or maybe someone that they want to introduce themselves to. Whatever the reason is, Sungyeol and I are left standing here facing her.

“Well, if it isn’t my favorite people in the world,” she says in her disguising and fake sweet voice. “L-oppa and Sungyeol-oppa.”

“Stop calling us oppa!” we both yell at her at the same time. She only looks at us like we’re crazy.

“You better not do anything tonight,” I warn her.

“Or what?” she asks coming right back at me.

“You don’t want to know. I swear, if you do anything to mess things up tonight, you’re never going near Jinyoung-hyung or Marisa again,” I threaten her.

“Jinyoungie-oppa would never let that happen,” Seohyun says looking me square in the eyes. “He likes me way too much. Plus, didn’t he and Marisa break up already anyway? What’s the point of me not saying anything to him?”

“How are you sure that they broke up?” I ask suspiciously.

“It’s all over school,” Seohyun says with a clear smirk on her face. She’s probably enjoying this moment because neither Sungyeol nor I know anything about this whole breakup rumor, we haven’t heard anything about it.

“And when was this rumor all over school?” Sungyeol asks her.

“Well, it’s not all over school yet,” she says with an evil look in her eye as she walks away.

“If it’s not over school yet,” Sungyeol says looking at me, “then there’s a chance that it might not have actually happened, right?”

I nod my head. “Maybe she just wants us to think that they’ve broken up.” I suddenly remember Hoya’s words from last night asking if anything was wrong. Nothing went wrong between the members today, maybe he was thinking about the party tonight. “Sungyeol-ah,” I say, “we have to keep a watch out if something happens tonight. Just stay on alert.”

“You got it,” he says with determination in his eyes.

 

Marisa’s POV

Jinyoung has to trust s. I wouldn’t even trust my friends to put a blindfold on me, as if it wasn’t obvious that we were going to go to his surprise party. He believes that we’re going to go to a restaurant to celebrate his birthday and because his party is in the same place as the fan meeting, we decide to take him outside and drive around the block in the car to make the allusion that we drove someplace so he doesn’t think that we’re back in the hotel. The blindfold has the purpose of preventing him from seeing anyone that might be entering the party venue. We took all precaution in doing this.

Finally, we make our way back into the hotel with Jinyoung thinking that it’s a restaurant. All of us make our way into the party venue; I had previous texted Sungyeol and Sungjong to tell them to quiet everyone down because we were going to come. Baro, Shinwoo, Sandeul, Gongchan, Jinyoung, and I walk into the room with everyone staring at us. We silently count to three and look at everyone and take off Jinyoung’s blindfold. Everyone yells surprise and Jinyoung stumbles backwards in his steps.

“Whoa,” he says looking at all of the directions and everyone.

“Happy birthday, hyung,” Baro says slapping Jinyoung on the back.

“Happy birthday,” Shinwoo says.

A bunch of other people that I don’t know come up to say happy birthday to him and congratulate him on becoming a year older. Breaking way from the crowd, I go over to an empty table and sit down watching everyone. I watch Jinyoung walk around the room and thank everyone for coming. I can see that he’s purely surprised on his face; he didn’t expect any of this.

“You shouldn’t be sitting here by yourself,” I hear Sungyeol say as he comes and sits down next to me. I look up and see Myungsoo with him. He sits on the other side of me.

“Aren’t you guys going to go talk with Jinyoung?” I ask.

“Nah,” Myungsoo says. “He looks like he’s preoccupied with meeting other people. We seem him every day. These people he only sees once in a while. It doesn’t hurt to not talk to him right at this moment. So, tell us,” he says looking me squarely in the eyes. “Did you and Jinyoung break up?”

I stare at them. It’s not even like we’re both trying to hide the fact. Well, we were never together, but we did break up, or rather I broke up our fake relationship. I just nod my head.

“So the rumors are true then,” I hear Sungyeol mutter.

“Rumors, what rumors?” I ask.

“Seohyun came up and said that there were some rumors of you and Jinyoung breaking up,” he explains.

“Wait, how?” I ask.

“People must’ve heard. Word travels fast,” Myungsoo explains, “especially when they’re famous.”

“But that just seems totally improbable,” I say. They both look at me with quizzical faces. “You see,” I explain, “we broke up last night, at like eleven something, close to twelve, I believe. There was no way anyone could know. Granted, Jinyoung told the other B1A4 members, but other than that, no one really knew and I was with them all day today.”

“So then how did Seohyun know?” Myungsoo asks, primarily to himself, probably.

“Was she the one who instigated the break up?” Sungyeol asks me.

There’s no way that she could’ve instigated the break up. I’m the one that broke up with him, but was it her idea for him to meet me because she knew that I was leaning towards a break up. Does she know that our relationship is, or I guess it would be was, fake?

“She couldn’t have been,” I say to them. “There’s no way.”

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I can’t believe that they threw me this surprise party, everyone. It’s really exciting to see everyone that I haven’t seen in a while. I take a look around the room and see Marisa with Sungyeol and Myungsoo. It’s not that I should care anymore since we broke up, but I keep being drawn to her. Whenever she is, my eyes just know and automatically spot her. I can even spot her in this party when there are a lot of other people in the room. Why do I keep looking for her?

“Now,” I hear a voice say. I look over and see Baro and Shinwoo standing on stage, they both have microphones. When did they get there?  “The birthday boy is going to show off some of his talents,” Shinwoo says.

“Come on up here birthday boy,” Baro says after him.

I look at everyone and they’re all waiting for me to go up on stage and demonstrate them my talent.

“Why don’t you sing us one of your songs?” Sandeul asks, he’s on stage, too. Are they all just going up on stage now?

I slowly walk up to the stage. I was supposed to finish my song to present it to her on my birthday, but sadly, I didn’t finish it and I told the boys that, but they still want me to sing. Even so, I didn’t know about this surprise party. Sandeul hands me my guitar and Gongchan sets up the microphone stand and the chair.

I sit down with the guitar in my lap. “Um, first I’d like to thank all of you for coming to my birthday party,” I begin. “It was a major surprise and I’m thankful to all of you guys. On my birthday, I wanted to finish creating another song, but sadly, I wasn’t able to finish it, there just aren’t enough hours in the day.” I hear some of the people laugh at the comment. “Anyway, I’m going to sing some parts of a song I composed earlier, ‘Bling Girl,’ an acoustic version this time. This time around, this song is for someone special to me, someone close to my heart.” I look at Marisa who is still sitting with Sungyeol and Myungsoo. “ I stare at her while I continue talking. “This person has stayed by my side even though I’m not the best person in the world, I’d like to change that and become someone to rely on. A stronger person who isn’t a coward anymore.”

I start playing ‘Bling Girl’ much slower, turning it from a pop song into a ballad. I start to sing.

 

I need you girl, need you girl

Baby my girl

 

Oh, I want to try talking to you

Even though I’m shaking and it’s very awkward

Even though I am always watching over you

You’re really pretty today

Oh baby

 

So that I won’t fall off my feet

I have been circling around you while being troubled

Like a fool because of my courage

I can’t lose you, ma girl

 

Oh baby my bling girl, bling girl

I know I’m unreasonable and lacking

But I can’t do anything about giving my heart to you

So, so I love you

 

Oh baby my bling girl, bling girl

If you’re with me forever, ever

Oh baby you keep on making my heart all soft

 

My bling girl

 

I won’t take my eyes off of you

Can’t you come to me who only looks at you?

Though I don’t know love well

At least I’ll make you happy

 

Oh baby my bling girl, bling girl

I know I’m unreasonable and lacking

But I can’t do anything about giving my heart to you

So, so I love you

 

Oh baby my bling girl, bling girl

If you’re with me forever, ever

Oh baby you keep on making my heart all soft

 

My bling girl

 

I can’t even live a day without you, oh baby girl

Just not talking on the phone, I want to hold on to only you

Stay by my side forever, I want to protect you

I love only you, please receive my heart

 

I finish up the excerpt of the song and look at the crowd, particularly looking at Marisa. I see her looking at me as the people there applaud and clap. I give the guitar to Gongchan and start walking off the stage. I want to tell Marisa that I like her right now at this current moment while I have everyone’s attention. People that are at the party would probably think that it’s me just saying that the song’s for her, but Marisa and I, along with the other members, know what’s going on between us right now. The only thing Marisa doesn’t know is that I actually do like her, but other than that, we’re all in the same boat. Me confessing my feelings in front of everyone, that should prove to her that they’re real, right?

“Jinyoungie-oppa,” Seohyun says standing in front of me. She’s wearing some skimpy dress and has makeup on way too thickly. “I can’t believe you sang that song for me. You’re the best.”

I feel her arms wrap around me as I was just about to tell her to move, that the song wasn’t for her, that it’s for Marisa. I didn’t play that song for her. I didn’t. I attempt to tell Marisa by moving my mouth that it’s a mistake, that I played the song for her not Seohyun, but she doesn’t understand. I look at her eyes once again and see hurt, I see tears. Are they because of me?

I promise the song wasn’t for Seohyun. I didn’t play it for her.

 

Marisa’s POV

I watch Seohyun hug Jinyoung and I can’t help but feel hurt inside. I stare at them and feel tears welling in my eyes. Maybe this is jealousy. I saw him looking at me the whole time throughout the song, his eyes making contact with mine and I was contemplating whether or not I should take him back. I was sure that he was going to say something about performing the song for me, that’s why he was coming over, but then Seohyun stepped in his way and says that the song’s for her. Should I be angry? Is the song really for her? But he was looking at me the whole time.

I walk out of the room where the party is and I hear Sungyeol running after me. I can’t stay in the room any longer. I can’t handle looking at Jinyoung and Seohyun any longer. The whole thing just makes me sick. Everything is just spinning into mass confusion now. What am I supposed to do?

I find a couch in the lobby and sit there, watching all of the people walk by before Sungyeol comes out and sits down next to me. He doesn’t say a word, which I’m grateful for. He probably understands that I need some time to think about everything before I say anything.

“Do you think he was singing to me?” I finally ask.

“He was looking at you,” Sungyeol says. I look at him and he looks at me. Caringly, he puts his arm around me to bring me closer as he puts my head on his shoulders. “Look, don’t think too much into it. I don’t know what Jinyoung did to you in the past, but you guys broke up now, there had to be something that was wrong with the relationship, right?” I can’t say anything; I can only listen to his words. “Don’t let Jinyoung get you this upset. Make him jealous of you that you aren’t with him anymore, that he missed his chance. Any guy would love to go out with you, to protect you, to be your boyfriend.”

We sit there for a while, just like that, my head on his shoulder and he just sitting there telling me stories. He even grabbed my hand and is holding it. Somehow, it doesn’t feel awkward at all when he does it, it feels…natural.

“Marisa,” he says lifting my head off of his shoulders. He looks at me for quite some time and before I know it, his lips are pressed against mine.

My…first…kiss…

“I’m sorry,” he says pulling away. “I…I always wanted to do that.” I’m still in shock from the kiss so I don’t say anything, I just look at him. “Marisa, I really like you. Forget Jinyoung. I don’t like to see you hurt, please.”

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I see their kiss… They kissed…

My mind is spinning, going crazy. First Seohyun and now this. Just when I settled Seohyun, I come out to find Marisa and I see her and Sungyeol kissing. They kissed…

I probably deserve this. I probably have every right to deserve this. I’m the one that didn’t stop Seohyun when she first started making advances and now it’s probably too late. I sang the song for Marisa. I sang it in hopes that it would lead up to my confession to her, but Seohyun ruined the moment.

Sungyeol and Marisa kissed…what am I supposed to do?

 

Myungsoo’s POV

“What do you think you’re doing?” I angrily ask going up to Seohyun. I try not to go up to her, but she’s been making me so angry lately that I just can’t hold myself back anymore.

“What do you mean L-oppa?” she asks looking at me. “Sorry, I have to take care of some business,” she says to some of her girlfriends standing next to her. I really don’t know who would want to be her girlfriend though, especially with her personality.

“You obviously know that the song wasn’t meant for you,” I tell her.

“Yeah, well, everyone has their own opinion,” she says looking at her nails.

“Look, you obviously knew don’t play stupid with me,” I angrily say at her. “Why don’t you just leave us all alone? You know that Jinyoung’s never going to go to your side. Why not give up now?”

“It doesn’t seem like it. It seems as though I won round one.”

“This is only the beginning,” I say as I walk away. I don’t even care to look back at her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungyeol finally conveyed his feelings to Marisa, but what will she say? Seohyun ruined Jinyoung's perfect moment to confess and it's a war between Myungsoo and Seohyun. Who is going to win? Will Marisa and Jinyoung ever be able to talk about their differences and their feelings?

 

Chapter 7 finished. Hope you enjoyed :D