Do You Want the Good or the Bad?

The Beautiful Mistake

Jinyoung’s POV

My heart is beating so fast. I look at Marisa and I hope she’ll answer yes. I really want to make her mind, and thanks to my mother’s advice, I was successful in a song conveying my feelings for her. I just hope she’s able to notice them.

“Marisa,” I repeat. “Will you be mine? Are you able to accept my feelings?”

I know that her mind is probably in a whirl right now and so is mine. I’m going through plenty of instances about what she might or might not say. If she says yes, then it will feel like everything is complete, if she says no, then I don’t know what I’m going to be able to do. I guess we’ll just stay friends and only friends.

“It’s okay,” I suddenly blurt out. “It’s okay if you don’t want to answer or don’t have an answer you—”

Suddenly, I feel something soft against me and realize that it’s Marisa kissing me. I feel a small smile come across my face as I kiss her back. It feels like everything has come together into one. Marisa finally pulls away and looks at me. “Does that answer your question?” she asks. I nod my head. “It looks like these couple rings of yours actually had a purpose.” I see Marisa hold up her hand with the ring on her finger.

“But is it okay? You like just broke up with Sungyeol,” I say. It’s not that I’m not happy with her confession, but is it okay for her to go into a sudden relationship after coming out from one?

“You just broke up with Seohyun,” she retorts.

“True,” I can’t help but say. We both resume to lying on our backs and looking up at the sky, but this time our fingers are intertwined with each other. “Should we announce that we’re dating for real this time?”

“Do you want to?” she asks.

“Kind of,” I state. “That way we can just solve everything and everyone will have the answers that they want.”

It sounds like a good idea in my head, but I just don’t know how Marisa will feel about it. If we say that we’re dating for real this time, it will solve any scandal that might possibly arise because of Marisa and Sungyeol or me and Seohyun. We can also officially clear up any misunderstands, and issue official statements, about the whole fake relationship thing.

We both sit there in silence, but it’s not like the uncomfortable silence that we’ve been having recently. For once, it feels like everything has found its right place. For once I feel at ease, even if it’s only going to last for a little bit while we’re here, I feel as though nothing can stop Marisa and I being together. I enjoy this feeling and I wish that nothing would happen to break us apart.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

All of us are in a state of shock and we all venture back to the B1A4 dorm to do some talking since Sungyeol could walk into the Infinite dorm at any time. “We can’t tell Marisa,” Gongchan says. “Where is she anyway?”

I look at everyone, halfway uneasily since I know where she is. It’s not like I exactly want to say where she is, but the others are worried about her, I know that they are. They’re also afraid of her seeing Seohyun and Sungyeol together knowing everything that went on between the four.

“And Jinyoung-hyung hasn’t been around, either,” Sandeul says.

Again, I look at everyone. “Do you know where they are?” I see Baro looking at me.

I sigh and look down at the ground. “Yeah, I do.”

“Where?” Sungjong asks excitedly. “If Marisa doesn’t come back to school soon, she’s going to miss all of the preparing for exams.”

“Marisa and Jinyoung are in the same place,” I confess. It’s not like I mean to tell, but I can’t help it and it’s not like I’m necessarily telling them where they are.

“Where are they?” Hoya asks.

“Call him yourself,” I answer. “Or, rather, I’ll call them and remember to say nothing about Seohyun and Sungyeol.” They all quickly nod their heads.

I take out my phone and dial Jinyoung’s number. Quickly, he answers the phone. “Hello?” he asks.

“Jinyoung-hyung,” I start. The phone is on speaker so everyone in the room can hear him.

“Where are you, hyung,” Gongchan complains.

“Are you with Marisa there?” Sandeul asks.

The questions just keep coming. “Hey, am I on the speaker?” Jinyoung finally manages to ask.

“Sorry, hyung,” I say. “I told them that you were with Marisa.”

“Yah, why would you do that?” I hear Jinyoung complain.

“They were worried sick about her, they wanted to know if you guys were safe,” I say.

“Well we’re safe, is everyone happy?” he asks.

We all stare at each other for a moment and Dongwoo gets the courage to ask what none of us have the courage to ask. “Are you and Marisa together?”

“Of course we’re together,” Jinyoung says.

“Not as in the same place,” Dongwoo begins to clarify. “Are you guys like boyfriend and girlfriend?”

I hear silence on the other end. Is this good silence or bad? It feels like everyone is holding their breath, waiting for Jinyoung to answer the question. I’m kind of wondering myself about this whole thing. I mean, why did Jinyoung even take her to his hometown in the first place?

Jinyoung finally sighs and his voice comes through the phone. “Yes, Marisa and I are boyfriend and girlfriend.”

Suddenly, the dorm erupts with sounds and cheers, it’s like the best news that we’ve heard all day and we all knew that it was going to happen someday; at least all of us hoped it would happen one day. All of us knew the drama that they went through and how they started out, and even though they were never confront it, we all saw how much they cared about each other. I just hope that Sungyeol saw it and that he’s doing it for Marisa’s benefit, but after he didn’t say anything when I directly asked him if he was dating Seohyun, I kind of doubt it. Why is he dating her in the first place?

“Okay, okay,” Jinyoung says finally calming everyone down. “We’re going to officially announce it, but we don’t know when yet. Just don’t say anything for now, okay? Especially to Sungyeol or Seohyun,” he whispers. He probably didn’t want Marisa to hear their names mentioned. At the sound of their names on the other line, though, we were all tense with the remembering of Sungyeol and Seohyun kissing. All of us stare at each other for a long time until Baro continues the conversation, thankfully.

“How is Marisa holding up?” he asks.

“Good, she’s happier, much happier,” Jinyoung says with a light chuckle.

“Well of course if you guys are dating,” Gongchan says with a smile.

“We’re so happy for you,” Shinwoo chimes in.

“Okay, let’s end the phone call now. We’ll catch up when I get home,” Jinyoung states.

“Of course you need some alone time with Marisa,” Woohyun says. We all laugh at the statement, even Jinyoung laughs.

“I’ll see you guys in two days.”

The phone call ends and we all have smiles on our face. I can’t believe that Marisa and Jinyoung are finally going out, for real this time. “They’re dating for real,” I mutter to myself.

“For real,” Gongchan repeats. “I thought that they liked each other during their fake relationship.”

“Their relationship was fake before?” Woohyun asks.

“Do you not pay attention? It was big for a while but then that national scandal happened and it got pushed aside, thankfully,” Gongchan remarks.

“I don’t remember that,” Woohyun says causing all of us to laugh at his foolishness.

For the time being, Sungyeol and Seohyun aren’t on our minds, for a little bit at least. We sill have to learn how to deal with them, though. In two days Marisa and Jinyoung are going to come back to Seoul. The only problem then will be graduating and keeping those two away from the other two, which is going to prove as a far more difficult task to achieve.

 

Marisa’s POV

I watch Jinyoung smile to himself stupidly after hanging up his phone. “What are you smiling at?” I ask him.

“Oh, I just told all of the guys that we’re dating,” he says with a light laugh.

“You did what?” I ask halfway surprised and halfway relieved that we don’t have to hide it form our friends like the whole fake relationship thing.

“They were happy, don’t worry. They cheered on the phone,” Jinyoung says with a smile.

“That’s good,” I say smiling right back at him.

“Marisa, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure,” I respond looking at him. We’re both sitting cross-legged facing each other.

“Why don’t you call me oppa?” he asks with a frown and pout. It looks cute, I will admit. I shrug my shoulders to a little bit, which prompts him to just pout some more. “Marisa, I’m serious. You call everyone else oppa, but why do you neglect me?” Jinyoung moves closer to me and attempts to do some aegyo, which is a cute attempt, but kind of fails miserably. I can’t help but laugh at him when I see it. I think it’s the first time that I’ve seen this side of Jinyoung, it’s kind of refreshing. Jinyoung then starts to pretend like he’s mad, he must want me to call him oppa by trying this act, he’s really intent on having me call him oppa.

“Do you want me to tell you why I never called you oppa before?” I ask. Now it’s my turn to go up next to him.

“Why?” he asks. I look in his eyes and I think that he can slightly understand a little bit of the reasoning behind it, but he doesn’t really know a lot. I kind of don’t have an exact answer myself, either.

“I don’t feel like I know enough of you yet,” I confess.

“But you started calling Myungsoo oppa and Gongchan oppa and even Sungyeol oppa,” Jinyoung protests, but at the mention of Sungyeol’s name, I see him stop. I could feel myself slightly freeze.

“I-I’m sorry,” Jinyoung stutters, “I didn’t mean—”

“You didn’t mean to,” I say cutting him off.

“A-anyway, why did you call them oppa when you didn’t know a lot about them?”

I think about the question seriously before responding to Jinyoung’s question. “It’s because I wanted to know more about you.”

“You wanted to know more about me?” I see him ask with a questionable face.

“I know that we were pretending to be boyfriend and girlfriend, but I just felt like I wanted to know more about you. I didn’t consider myself close with you or anyone really, but since I wanted to know more about you, I didn’t call you oppa.”

“So that means…” Jinyoung says letting his voice trail off.

“That means that I kind of liked you?” I ask shrugging my shoulders and looking at him. I see his eyes go wide and the wheels in his head are probably turning. “I know we were only in a fake relationship because of the picture and I didn’t want to push anything farther, but when I realized that I liked you for real, you told me not to fall for you. Since you said that, I pushed myself farther away from you.”

“You…you liked me?” Jinyoung mutters.

“Well, I like you now, don’t I?” I retort. “Otherwise, I wouldn’t have agreed to your confession.” I see Jinyoung open his arms and legs and I sit between them with his arms slowly wrapping around my waist and his head resting on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around his on my waist. I don’t think today could get more perfect.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I can’t believe that Marisa actually liked me during our fake relationship and I’m the one that pushed her away, but thankfully, we’re this close now. I intertwine our fingers and stare at them while I play with them a little bit. My heart is beating really fast and I hope that Marisa doesn’t really notice my nervousness.

“Actually,” I say breaking the silence, “those things that I said to you about not falling for me…it pained me to say them.”

“Then why did you say them?” she asks.

“I was afraid.”

“Afraid of what?” Marisa asks curiously holding both of our hands up and comparing the size. Of course, my hands are bigger than hers.

“I was afraid of falling for you,” I confess as I hug her tighter. “I was intentionally pushing you away so I wouldn’t fall for you.”

“But you did anyway.”

“I guess I did,” I say as a smile approaches my face.

Marisa and I sit like that for a little while longer, just watching everyone play in the park until I hear a voice. “Dongsaeng.” I look over to where the voice is coming from.

“Noona?” I ask attempting to see if the person is really my noona.

“Your noona?” Marisa asks looking at me.

“Yup, it’s my noona,” I say. Marisa and I both get up off of the grass to go and greet her.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

“So Jinyoung-hyung said he’s coming home in two days,” Sandeul says. Everyone nods their heads; we all heard the same phone conversation. “Should we do something for him and Marisa?”

“What were you thinking of?” Hoya asks.

“Hey, why don’t we do like a graduation party and a party for them getting together?” Sungjong suggests. Everyone voices their agreement.

“But what about Sungyeol and Seohyun?” I can’t help but ask.

“We’ll just have to see how things play out, I guess,” Gongchan says. “Right?”

“I guess so, we’re starting to tread into dangerous territory,” I state.

“Let’s do something for them, though,” Sungjong insists. “After everything that’s happened with them, we should celebrate them finally getting together.”

I will admit that it did take forever for them to get together and they did go through a lot and they’ll probably find more difficulties in the future considering that Jinyoung might have schedules and Marisa will school so they won’t always be together all of the time. Right now, though, I’m happy for them, I just hope that they won’t ever find out about Sungyeol and Seohyun, but that’s almost impossible to prevent.

Suddenly, my phone starts ringing. I glance at the caller ID and look at the rest of them. “It’s Sungyeol,” I mutter. “Should I answer?”

“Answer,” they all say.

“What if he asks where we are?”

“Then tell him,” Baro says. “Put it on speaker.”

I do as I’m told and put the phone call on speaker. “Are you up?” I ask acting as though Sungyeol has stayed in the room all day and that I haven’t been stalking him.

“Um, yeah,” I hear him say on the other line. He could be a little nervous about lying. “Where are you guys?”

“We’re at the B1A4 dorms; we thought that if we went to the Infinite dorms, we would wake you up.”

“Oh,” he simply responds. What’s wrong with him? Normally he says much longer sentences.

“Did you just sleep all day?” I ask. I’m attempting to try to trap him into saying that he went out today with Seohyun.

“Yeah, that and a lot of thinking.”

“Thinking?” I ask. “Why would you think?”

“I was thinking about Marisa and I was thinking that maybe what she said was right.”

“Well, what did she say?” I ask. He didn’t tell me what she said when they broke up.

“She said that she doesn’t think that we’re good together, that we were forced together because of the circumstances, and that we don’t like each other as much as we think.”

Everyone in the room takes in Marisa’s words that she said when she broke up with Sungyeol and we can’t help but find a hint of truth in them. As far as anyone knows, Marisa and Sungyeol had gotten together on Jinyoung’s birthday, well that was when Sungyeol confessed his feelings and at that time, Seohyun was a problem at the party. He probably confessed his feelings because he didn’t want to see Marisa hurt anymore from Seohyun. Plus, all of the bad things happened during the course of their relationship, like the accident, so maybe they don’t like each other as much as they think.

“Ah, I understand,” I tell him. I hear him sigh on the other line, but in the background, I can hear something almost undetectable if it weren’t for the sound annoying me, I probably wouldn’t even pick up on it. “Wait, Sungyeol, is there a girl there with you?”

“N-n-no,” Sungyeol stutters. He’s nervous, I can tell by the sound of his voice.

“Sungyeol, you said that you were thinking about your breakup and Marisa and you agreed with it, is that because you’re dating Seohyun? The last time I asked you, you never answered the question, so answer it right here and right now,” I say. I look at the others in the room and they can’t believe that I’m saying all of these things. “Lee Sungyeol, were you cheating on Marisa by dating Seohyun?”

 

Marisa’s POV

Jinyoung’s noona has come back to see her baby brother, or so she says. She seems nice that we’ve met and she has even told me to call her unni.

“So how did it go today?” Jinyoung’s mother asks. I see her wink at her son.

“It went really well,” he responds with a smile on his face. He reaches for my hand under the table and I grab it. “Marisa and I are dating.”

“I knew it,” unni says.

“What?” Jinyoung asks looking at her.

“All of those news articles that said that you guys were in a fake relationship and then you going out with that Seohyun girl, that was all just a cover right?” she asks.

“Um…I thought you actually paid attention to those things,” Jinyoung remarks with a smile. “The fake relationship is true. Dating Seohyun was true. This time, I’m dating Marisa for real. I briefly mentioned that Marisa was my fake girlfriend, but a national scandal erupted soon after so everyone forgot.”

“Ah, I forgot about al of those things,” unni comments. I can’t help but wonder why she said the other sentence then. I kind of can’t understand her. She reminds me a lot of Jinyoung, though. They both have their strange ways, it’s amusing.

We just sit there and talk and eat. It’s fun being with Jinyoung and his family and I can’t believe that tomorrow is going to be our last day. I think I’m really going to miss this place. Jinyoung and I find ourselves back into Jinyoung’s room while his sister catches up with his mother a bit.

“Hey,” Jinyoung says turning around from his computer desk, “that song that I wanted to play for you for Christmas, I have it, do you want to hear it?”

“Hmm?” I ask. “Sure,” I say nodding my head. Jinyoung gets off of the chair and brings his laptop along with him and sits next to me on the bed.

“You shouldn’t pay attention to the lyrics much,” he says jokingly with a smile. “I wrote this when we broke up, so the words may be a little…not relating to the moment, but you still want to hear it, right?”

“Of course,” I say excitedly. I can’t help but wonder what type of song it was.

“It’s called ‘Wonderful Tonight,’” Jinyoung starts out. “The lyrics were sort of modeled after the experience that the both of us went through. I’ll play a little for you, then.”

Jinyoung presses play on his laptop and begins singing along with the song.

 

Baby crying for love tonight

Oh but it’s alright

It’s so wonderful tonight

Come back to me now

 

What’s up, why are you calling first, your voice

Telling me coldly and sharply ‘Nothing more than this’

Why is it like that, I don’t know

Is it all because of you, I don’t know

 

I don’t wanna hate you, please go further away

Oh baby

 

Let’s go, going to you, girl tonight

Without you, I’m lonely tonight

There are too many things I haven’t done with you

 

Baby come to me, girl tonight

Without you, I’m hurting tonight

 

Where are you at

Where are you at

Where at you at, where are your right now?

 

The appearance of you turning and going away from me

It still doesn’t feel real

Today, too, I recall the appearance of you

I think of our memories again

 

Let’s go, going to you, girl tonight

Without you, I’m lonely tonight

There are too many things I haven’t done with you

 

Baby come to me, girl tonight

Without you, I’m hurting tonight

 

Where are you at

Where are you at

Where are you at, where are you right now?

 

Baby crying for love tonight

Oh but it’s alright

It’s so wonderful tonight

Come back to me now

 

I look at Jinyoung after he finishes the song. “Lame lyrics, right?” he comments.

“No, it was good,” I say with a smile and I flash him a thumbs up.

“You would say that you would like it whether it was bad or night,” Jinyoung says turning his laptop off and coming to hug me.

Things feel less awkward than they did last night, and I’m thankful for it. I don’t think I would’ve ever thought that Jinyoung and I would come this far.

My phone then rings signaling that I got a text message breaking our hug. I look at my phone and see that it’s the same unknown number as before since I saved the phone number as ‘Stalker’ in case I got anything from them in the future. I show Jinyoung my phone and I can see his eyes go wide. “You don’t have to answer it, you know,” he says putting his arm around my shoulder.

“I know,” I tell him, “but…I think I have to. It’s not like Sungyeol and I are even dating anymore, I’m dating you now.”

I open up my phone and read the message.

 

It’s a good thing you broke up with your boyfriend. You weren’t really his girlfriend anyway, I was the first.

 

I stare at the message; I don’t know what to think about it. As if by coincidence, Jinyoung’s phone rings in his pocket as he’s reading the message over my shoulder. I watch him as he answers it. “What?” he suddenly yells. “Ya, I’m going to go kick his .” By this point, I’m just utterly confused. “I can’t believe he would do that, who does he think he is?” After a while, Jinyoung hangs up the phone and turns to me.

“What was that about?” I can’t help but ask. I mean, with the screaming and the anger, it’s probably something bad, right? “Who was it?”

“It was Myungsoo,” Jinyoung says. It feels as though I haven’t heard that name for a long time and it now feels like I haven’t seen the members in a long time, either.

“What was it about?” I ask again.

“Marisa, just let me tell you, I won’t do anything if you don’t want me to do anything.”

Jinyoung saying those words bothers me a bit, what is this about? “What do you mean?”

“If you tell me to, I’ll do it.”

“Do what?”

He sighs as he takes me into his arms again. Is this going to make me sad? “Do you want me to beat up Sungyeol?”

“Why would you beat him up? Sure, I broke up with him, but that doesn’t mean that you should beat him up.”

“No, it’s not that. Marisa, Myungsoo said that Sungyeol confessed to cheating on you.”

“He…cheated…on…me?” I ask the words barely able to come out. “Who?”

Jinyoung sighs again and hugs me tighter. “Seohyun.” Those words are enough to push me over the edge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Jinyoung and Marisa are finally together. What's going to happen now that they know about Sungyeol and Seohyun? How is Marisa going to react knowing that Sungyeol cheated on her with Seohyun? How is Sungyeol going to react when he finds out that Marisa is dating Jinyoung? What's gonig to happen when Marisa and Jinyoung get back home?

 

Chapter 22 is up. Hope you enjoyed :D I know it took a while for it, though.

 

And I'm thinking about ending this soon...but don't worry, I will have a sequel, I'm positive about it. I don't think I'm done telling the story of Marisa and Jinyoung, I'm just done telling this phase of their relationship. I'm not sure how many more chapters there are going to be, but just giving the heads up.