On Your Own

The Beautiful Mistake

Marisa’s POV

“How are you today?” Sungyeol asks coming into my room with a bright face, it’s one of the brightest faces that I’ve ever seen him have. Ever since I woke up from the accident, he’s been visiting me nonstop and abiding to my every wish, even though I barely tell him to do anything. This is the most time that we’re able to spend together. It’s getting closer to Christmas, well Christmas is in like two days, so Sungyeol is bringing in decorations to decorate the room with since I probably won’t be released before then. It’s kind of sad that I won’t be able to spend Christmas with my family, but Sungyeol assures me that everyone’s going to come visit me on Christmas in the hospital room so I won’t be lonely.

“I’m doing well,” I say with a smile.

“You scared us half to death you know,” he says sitting down in his usual chair.

“I’m sorry, Sungyeol-oppa,” I say sweetly.

“It’s alright,” he says patting my hand. “I know that you didn’t mean it, but you’re alright now, that’s all that matters.”

“Yup,” I say with a smile. Apparently before I woke up, I was almost a goner. The doctors had to be called in to check up on me and make sure that I was alright, they almost lost me, but thankfully they didn’t. “How was everyone else today?”

“It was good, everyone was good,” Sungyeol says with a nod of his head. “Everyone should be dropping by, we have to plan for the Christmas Eve Party.”

“Christmas Eve Party?” I ask.

“Well tomorrow is Christmas Eve, isn’t it?” he asks looking at me. “So we’re going to have a party tomorrow and then another one on Christmas. Hopefully it won’t be like party overload.”

“It won’t be, it’ll just feel like everyone is visiting all at once,” I say with a smile.

I hear Sungyeol’s phone go off and he looks at his text message. “Oh, well, they’re here, I have to go help them bring up more stuff. I’ll be right back.” Sungyeol gets off of his seat and kisses me on the forehead before he leaves to go help with the boxes.

I’ve been awake for practically a week and a half now and now I’m allowed to do little things such as walking around the hallways for a little while, but really nothing too dramatic. The doctors don’t want anything I do to set off anything else and cause another problem, which is completely understandable.

After I woke up and was able to grasp the world, Gongchan told me that Jinyoung was already awake for a while now, ever since the third day after the accident, but since my injuries were somewhat worse, it took longer for me to recover. I haven’t talked to Jinyoung since and he hasn’t come to my hospital room. It makes me wonder if he’s even coming to the two day party thing. No one says anything about him, either. It’s like he disappeared off the face of the earth, gone without a trace. I can only wonder what he’s up to and how he’s doing.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I wait out in the cold with my hands shoved in my pockets. I don’t know where all of my members went now, but it’s not even like we’re on good terms right now. After much pestering, the hospital finally released me, so now I’m allowed to do whatever. I also heard that Marisa woke up, but I haven’t gone to see her. I don’t think I should, it’s not my place to be anymore.

“Jinyoungie-oppa,” I hear Seohyun says as he runs up and grabs my arm.

“Seonyun-ah,” I say plastering a smile on my face.

It’s been two weeks since Seohyun and I have started dating, two wholly miserable weeks. It’s not even like I expected her to be a great girlfriend, I’m just doing it to protect the people that I care the most, but they don’t really understand my decision. So now I’m stuck in a relationship that I don’t want and are distant with my members. Saturday talks haven’t even brought us together anymore. It’s like they’ve all shunned me, maybe that’s why I don’t want to attend the parties.

“Where are we going today?” she asks with hopeful eyes.

“Where do you want to go?” I ask with a poor attempt to sound as though I actually care what we do. If she just thinks that I’m dating her to stop her crazy antics, we’ll probably be hit with it even worse.

“Let’s just walk around,” she suggests. “I like just spending time with you, the place doesn’t matter.”

“Okay,” I say as I start to lead the way.

I remember how I confessed to her, all of the made up lies to try and get her onto my side and to leave them all alone. Thankfully, the moment that I told her we should date, it seems as though she just forgot about everything in the world.

 

TWO WEEKS AGO

“Seohyun,” I say looking at the figure who has just walked into my room.

“Jinyoungie-oppa,” she says looking at me, it’s clear that she’s been crying, or maybe this is just an act for me to try and feel sympathy for her. “I meant to come visit you sooner.”

“I wanted to talk to you,” I tell her after I take a deep breath.

“You wanted to talk to me? Isn’t that a first?” she asks jokingly.

I can only force out a chuckle while I continue talking. “Yeah, so I’ve been thinking…” I begin. “Since I’m in here a lot by myself, I started thinking about Marisa and I and I don’t think we’re right for each other.” Every word that I say pains my heart, but I have to do this, I have to. “I’ve reevaluated my priorities, Seohyun, and I figured out what’s most important to me.”

“Jinyoungie-oppa,” she says coming over to my bed and grabbing my hand. I slightly flinch at her touch. “I knew that you would one day come to my side and leave her.”

“Seohyun,” I say in my pitiful attempt to sound truthful and to look into her eyes and at least make it seem romantic, even though we are in a hospital. “Would you please be my girlfriend? I like you; I like you more than I could ever like Marisa. I’m so sorry for only realizing this now.”

“Of course, Jung Jinyoung,” she says hugging me with her arms around my neck. She quickly kisses on the cheek and I try to slide away from her, but she just pulls me in closer. “I’ll be your girlfriend. You don’t know how long I’ve waited to hear those words.”

The disastrous deed is done. I, Jung Jinyoung, am now the boyfriend of Seohyun, the girl that I can’t stand the most in this world. Will everything go the way that I plan?

 

Myungsoo’s POV

Everyone drops boxes off into Marisa’s hospital room and we start getting to work, dividing up the roles. No one talks about Jinyoung and no one has talked about Jinyoung for two weeks. We haven’t told Marisa yet about his relationship with Seohyun. Hopefully she won’t have to know anything about it, that would be the best outcome of this situation.

“Hey, Myungsoo-oppa,” she says as she sees me.

“Hey,” I say back to her.

By knowing the truth about basically everything, it’s been hard to face her. I know that she doesn’t know that I know their relationship is fake or that I know that Jinyoung is dating Seohyun purely for her benefit because she was unconscious during his confession to her. I, however, know all of that so trying to keep everything under wraps is even more difficult than I could’ve imagined.

“What’s wrong?” she asks looking at me.

“Nothing,” I say with a wave of my hand. She just smiles back at me, completely innocent and completely oblivious to the situation around her.

I look and see Gongchan coming up to her, it’s my perfect chance to escape. “Well, I’ll help hang up some decorations,” I say showing her whatever I happen to have in my hand. “We have to make this hospital room pretty for you.”

“Thanks,” she says.

I think I should meet with Jinyoung soon. I have to figure out what exactly is going on because as soon as Marisa finds out about Seohyun when she goes back to school, she’s going to be really hurt that he didn’t say anything. I should try to put a stop to it all before it even happens, but first I have to gather more evidence. I should ask what’s going on with those two, Seohyun and Jinyoung. That would be a better first step.

 

Marisa’s POV

“Hey Marisa,” Gongchan says coming up to me.

“Hey Gongchan-oppa,” I tell him.

“I really miss hanging out with you, we should hang out soon.”

“Sure,” I tell him.

I can’t help but wonder why no one has said anything about Jinyoung this past week and a half that I’ve been awake. I haven’t seen him and I kind of wish to since we were in the accident together, it only makes sense, right? Maybe he’s afraid that if he’s near me it’ll bring more harm and I might get even more injured than I am right now. For some reason, I just really want to see him.

“Do you want to get up?” Gongchan asks after seeing me wriggle around a little. Since my leg is broken, there’s not that much that I’m able to do without crutches. I furiously nod my head yes. “I’ll go get Sungyeol then.”

By this point, everyone knows that Sungyeol and I are dating and that Jinyoung and I broke up, everyone except the public that is because Jinyoung and I still haven’t announced our breakup, or maybe he did while I still wasn’t conscious, I really don’t know. All of the members seemed to have taken a liking to it; then again, I wasn’t the one that told them, Sungyeol did because of the accident. I guess he didn’t want it to seem strange that he was always hanging around my bedside and holding my hand.

“You’re a little anxious to get somewhere?” Sungyeol asks coming over to me.

“I just feel like moving around,” I tell him. He grabs my crutches for me and hands them to me. “Thanks.”

“No problem, here, I’ll come with you. Hey guys,” Sungyeol says calling to everyone that’s in my room, “I’m going to go with Marisa for a little while.”

“Have fun you lovebirds,” someone says poking fun at us. Sungyeol and I can only look at each other with the color rising to our faces.

“We’re going to have to reschedule our date, right?” I ask him as we walk down the hallway.

“We will,” Sungyeol says, “but it won’t be until you’re completely healed. That way we’ll be able to enjoy it more.”

“Okay,” I say with a big grin.

“I was thinking,” he says as we slow our pace down. “We should say that we’re dating and that you and Jinyoung broke up.”

“We already did,” I tell him.

“We did to the members,” he corrects me, “we didn’t say it to everyone yet.”

“Do you think it’s alright?” I ask.

“Why wouldn’t it?”

“I don’t know…”

“Marisa, I’ll always be right here next to you,” he says putting his arm around me. “You don’t have to worry about anything, okay?”

“Okay,” I say nodding my head.

“Good,” he says bending down and kissing my cheek.

We find a bench by ourselves and just sit down. I rest my head against his shoulders and it reminds me of the first time that I ever leaned my head against his shoulders. It was the day that both members went to the B1A4 dorm and I found myself venturing to a corner to sit by myself. Sungyeol had come next to me and talked to me, keeping me company. I was grateful for him, I still am.

“This brings back memories,” I say gently closing my eyes.

“Really?” he asks.

“It does,” I say nodding my head. I look down and Sungyeol grabs my hand and intertwines both of our fingers.

“I like sitting like this.”

“I like sitting like this, too,” I tell him.

“I like you, Marisa,” he says lifting our intertwined fingers and kissing the back of my hand.

“I like you, too, Sungyeol.”

I don’t think that I could be any happier right now.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

“Hyung,” Sungjong calls out.

“What?” I ask turning to him.

“Look at this.” Sungjong turns his computer around and I see the title of the article. “No way,” I say. “Hey.” I gather the rest of the members to look at the computer.

“’Jung Jinyoung Spotted With Another Girl, Again?’” Sandeul reads aloud.

“What’s going to happen if Marisa sees this?” Woohyun asks.

“We can’t let her,” I say. “We can’t let Sungyeol know about this either.”

“This looks pretty new,” Baro says looking closely at the pictures.

“The article says that it’s new,” Shinwoo clarifies.

I look over the article with my own eyes. “Photos were recently taken of B1A4’s Jung Jinyoung by some people that saw him on the street,” I say reading the article out loud. “He is with another woman who is not Marisa. The identify of the woman remains unknown, but some passersby believe that the woman is Seohyun, the woman with whom he was caught with once before during the course of his relationship with Marisa. Many now wonder whether or not Marisa and Jinyoung are actually dating as this is the second time that he is seen with another woman. Updates and more information will be added as soon as they are known. In other related news, Jinyoung was released from the hospital a little while ago from a severe car crash. Marisa is still in the hospital because of her injuries.”

I finish reading and look at everyone. “There’s no way this can be good,” Gongchan says.

“It’s not,” Sungjong says.

“How stupid is he?” Baro asks. “He’s seen with another woman when Marisa and he didn’t even say anything about their breakup. He’s making a bad reputation for himself.”

“That’s his own fault now,” Sunggyu says.

“There’s nothing no one can do to save him,” I say looking at the pictures. “He put this upon himself.”

 

Jinyoung’s POV

“Seohyun-ah, people are taking pictures,” I say as I poke her while we’re walking down the street.

“Let them, you are my boyfriend after all,” she says cuddling close to my arm.

“But Marisa and I haven’t announced our breakup.”

“But you’re still my boyfriend; I want to let everyone know that you’re mine.”

“Seohyun, don’t you think that we’re doing things a little too fast?” I ask.

“What do you mean?” she asks looking at me.

“I mean, don’t you think that we should just take things slowly. I don’t think we should announce our relationship yet.”

“Do you not accept me as your girlfriend?” Seohyun asks slightly angry at my statement that we’re moving too fast.

“I do accept you, I do.” I attempt some of my worst aegyo alive to try and show her that I really do want this relationship, but I find it hard to do since I don’t want anything to do with the relationship. I bring her close and kiss her on the forehead. “How about that? Do you realize that I accept you now?” Seohyun puts on a pouty face and shakes her head. “No? Why not?”

“If you want to prove it to me, then announce to everyone that I’m your girlfriend.” I stare at her, I guess I have no choice. “And,” she continues, “tell everyone that your relationship with Marisa was fake, that you guys weren’t really going out in the first place.”

I hear those words again from her. It’s like I can’t escape them. Does this mean that she actually does know that our relationship is fake? I can’t say anything and can only stare at her as she looks at me. This is the reason why I don’t like her. I have to say something to someone, but the other members would just rub it in my face that I made a mistake. If I don’t accept Seohyun’s request, then doesn’t that mean that I don’t accept her and I’m only doing this as a ploy? What should I do?

 

Marisa’s POV

Sungyeol and I come back to the room and look around the nicely decorated room for Christmas. There are lights and garnish hanging around the room to give it the Christmas feeling along with a little fake tree by the bedside. There is even a Santa Clause themed throw blanket lying on top of the hospital bed blankets. I’m very impressed by the way that they were able to decorate the room to make it feel more like the holidays.

“Wow, it looks great,” I comment as I go in and crawl back into my bed. “You guys didn’t have to do any of it.”

“We wanted to do it,” Sungjong says. “You’re our friend, Marisa.”

“But I didn’t get you guys anything in return,” I say.

“You don’t need to,” Dongwoo comments.

“We know that you would’ve if you weren’t in the hospital here,” Hoya finishes.

“We’re just all happy that you’re safe,” Myungsoo chimes in giving off a smile, something that’s been quite rare to see lately.

The air in the room feels tense, however. I’m not sure how to describe it. It just feels like there’s something wrong since Sungyeol and I left the room. I guess Sungyeol senses it too because he looks at me and I just shrug my shoulders.

“Hey,” Sunggyu says looking at his watch, “we have to go to a schedule, so we have to get going, okay?”

“Okay,” I say giving each of them a hug as the come over. Sungyeol gives me something extra by kissing my forehead.

“I’ll text you later,” he says before he leaves. He closes he door as he exits.

I look at the remaining B1A4 members. “It’s been a long time since we’ve hung out, just us,” I say to them.

“It has,” Gongchan says coming up to me. “Do you really like the room, Marisa?”

“I really do,” I say looking at everything. It makes it feel as though Christmas is really here.”

I hear a cell phone go off and it takes me a moment before I realize that it’s mine. “Hey,” I hear the voice on the other line say.

I would have to be a fool not to recognize that voice. “Jinyoung,” I breathe out. I see the other members just stare at me and then stare at each other. I wonder what’s going on. I haven’t spoken or seen Jinyoung since before the accident. What’s going on now?

 

Myungsoo’s POV

“Marisa won’t leave me, right?” Sungyeol asks out of the blue as we’re on the way to our schedule. The question catches me off guard as I just look at him. “I mean, her and Jinyoung, they’re both done, right?”

“I’m pretty sure they are,” I say with my best attempt at saying it confidently since I know that Jinyoung still likes her but that he’s willing to let her go for her own sake.

“He’s had to, I mean, he’s dating Seohyun,” Sungyeol says. “He has to have moved on or else he wouldn’t have started dating her in the first place, right?”

“R-right,” I stammer out.

“Are you okay?” Sungyeol asks looking at me. “You seem kind of tense.”

“I’m just excited to perform,” I say with a smile, making a lie up off the top of my head.

“Oh, okay.” Sungyeol goes back to looking out the window. “I should have nothing to worry about. Marisa likes me and Jinyoung’s with Seohyun. Nothing could be more perfect than this.”

“Exactly,” I say as I look out the opposite window. “Nothing could become more perfect.”

I can only stare at the window, I can’t say anything. Sungyeol really cares for Marisa, I can’t mess them up now, I can’t put any doubt into either of their heads regarding Jinyoung. It was his decision in the first place to go out with Seohyun after everyone said no. He’s on his own now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's going through Jinyoung's mind now? Is he going to announce his and Marisa's relationship was fake and that his and Seohyun's relationship is real? is Myungsoo going to try and protect Sungyeol and Jinyoung? Why did Jinyoung call Marisa? Will the world know about everyone's relationship?

Next chapter is the Christmas Eve Party :)

Another chapter is done, hope you enjoyed :D