Five Months Ago - Blood Does Boil

The Beautiful Mistake

Marisa’s POV

As if things couldn’t get any worse, it turns out that those idiots go to my new school. Thankfully, I’m not in Jinyoung’s class since he’s older than I am, he’s a senior. I’m in Gongchan’s class. I feel more comfortable around him than around Jinyoung, even though we’re supposed to boyfriend and girlfriend.

The statement saying that he had a girlfriend was issued the next day and it wasn’t long until everyone began suspecting me as his girlfriend, it didn’t help that his company actually took a picture of the two of us together, made it look like it was taken by one of our cell phones or at some other place, and then gave it to the press. Maybe they’re just using me to expand their popularity? Whatever the reason is, now there are some random girls always looking at me and whispering, probably because I’m the “girlfriend,” I’ll use that term loosely, of Jung Jinyoung.

“Hey Marisa,” Gongchan says sitting next to me. He worked it out with the teacher so that he would be able to sit next to me. I think he bribed her with a signed CD or something because she happily agreed with a blushed face the first day.

“Marisa, Gongchan, you’re already here,” Sungjong says taking his seat right in front of us. He’s apparently part of this group called Infinite. I’ve never heard of them either, but the members are both very good friends with each other.

“Hey, Sungjong,” I say with a smile. The members of Infinite don’t know about my relationship with Jinyoung not actually being a real relationship. They believe that we actually are together. The only people that know the truth are the members of B1A4 and their management agency.

We really just make small talk, there’s really nothing that we can talk about until lunch, when we’re finally out of this classroom. Since I started here, and due to the supposed relationship statement being released, I haven’t been able to make friends that easily. Everyone either looks at me in disgust or are too afraid to come and approach me because Gongchan and Sungjong are around me all of the time. I will admit that I do like their company because at least it looks like I have friends.

At lunch, I grab some food and take my usual place in between Jinyoung and Sandeul and across from Gongchan. The members of both groups probably arranged having the same lunch zone together. It seems to me like they all have very good influence in the school, probably because two idol groups and all of their members are attending their school. The school probably gets a good reputation then.

“We haven’t been properly introduced yet,” a guy says sitting next to Jinyoung. Jinyoung and I just look at each other, we don’t say very much about the incident or about our relationship. The guy is probably from Infinite since I haven’t seen him yet, and I’ve been spending my time mostly with the members of B1A4. It’s still awkward to call them and address them.

“My name is Sungyeol,” he continues. “I’m two grades above you. Feel free to call me oppa,” he says with an emphasis.

“Hey, she doesn’t even call me oppa,” Gongchan says, “and she’s known me longer.”

“Well then call us both oppa,” Sungyeol says finding that as a solution.

I can’t do anything but smile embarrassed.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

Why is Sungyeol telling her to call him oppa? And Gongchan’s jealous at that? Do they even ask what I, her boyfriend, even feel about it? Okay, true, I’m not exactly her real boyfriend and she’s not my real girlfriend, but nobody from Infinite necessarily has to know that, and none of the fans have to know that either.

“So does that mean that you’re going to call me oppa?” I hear Sungyeol ask Marisa yet again. I can’t help but stare at her as she just gently nods her head yes. “What about Gongchan?” he asks. She nods yes again.

Should I feel jealous? Why is my blood boiling a little bit? She doesn’t address me by oppa. Heck, we barely even speak to each other.

“Jinyoung,” I hear someone call my name, “are you alright?”

I look up and see Myungsoo looking at me. “Yeah,” I say as he sits down across from me. “Marisa,” I say gently tapping her shoulder. She looks at me with her big dark brown eyes. “Um…t-this is Myungsoo,” I stutter pointing to him and introducing him. “He’s in Sandeul’s class so you don’t know him much either. Sungyeol’s in my class.”

“I heard my name.” Sandeul can’t help but chime in.

I hear Myungsoo introduce himself to Marisa and start to ask her questions, which she hesitantly answers. I sit there by her side and just drink my milk. It’s not like I could do anything for her. The next thing I know, Myungsoo is taking Marisa’s phone out of her hand and typing in something, it’s probably his number. I don’t even have her number. How can these people manage to do something that I don’t have the courage to do?

 

Marisa’s POV

I didn’t expect Myungsoo to give me his number and I didn’t expect Sungyeol to either. They just both took my phone and started typing in numbers and then probably texted themselves.

I don’t know what I’m supposed to do about it. I look over at Jinyoung and is that distaste that I see on his face?

“Hey, Jinyoung,” Sungyeol says looking through my phone. “How come your phone number isn’t in her phone? Aren’t you guys supposed to be boyfriend and girlfriend?” he looks suspiciously at Jinyoung, but Jinyoung just shrugs.

“I’ve been too busy recently to properly give her my number,” Jinyoung explains.

“But then how did you guys communicate before?” he still persists.

“I visited her. I never felt the need to actually give her a call or anything."

“That sounds like typical Jinyoung,” another comments, someone I haven’t met before, but someone that doesn’t seem too close to Jinyoung.

“I’ll do it right now,” Jinyoung says taking my phone and putting in his number. “There,” he says holding it up. “Happy now?”

“You know I was only joking, Jinyoung,” Sungyeol says.

“Course,” Jinyoung says, but by the sound of his voice, it sounds like there’s annoyance.

Lunch ends and so does the end of school. I find myself walking back to my apartment with B1A4 and some of the Infinite members. I recognize Sungjong, Sungyeol, and Myungsoo, but I don’t recognize the other two. Jinyoung, Shinwoo, and Sungyeol are leading the pack up front. I see Gongchan and Sungjong chatting away with each other. Myungsoo, Sandeul, and Baro are talking away excitedly about something. I’m following behind in the back just watching it all happen.

“I’m Hoya,” one says coming up to me, probably seeing the confusion in my face. “You’re Marisa, I already know about you.”

“I’m Woohyun,” the other says wrapping his arm around Hoya.

“Are you going back to the apartment?” I ask them both.

“Yea, we’re going to be going to the B1A4 dorm. Are you joining us?”

“After I change out of the uniform,” I say.

“Where’s your house?” Hoya asks.

“In the same building.”

“Your house is in the same building?” Woohyun asks surprised. I just simply nod my head. “Jinyoung just be one lucky guy. You guys can meet each other all of the time. No wonder the press didn’t know before.” I can’t say anything but just nod my head.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

Why is she talking to them? Why are they talking to her? I should’ve waited for her and then walk besides her. Is this making it too obvious that we’re not in a relationship? Maybe we should both change our ways to try and sell this idea. If another scandal gets out saying that we lied about the whole relationship, that’ll be even worse. They should’ve just said that I saved her and that be the end of it. They shouldn’t have said that we’re in a relationship and sent our photos out, but that was a couple of weeks ago.

“Jinyoung, are you paying attention at all?” Shinwoo asks me. I get knocked out of my thinking trance by the sound of his voice.

Suddenly, I hear a girl’s voice, and it’s not Marisa’s. “Why, look at all of these good-looking boys walking down the street together,” she begins, “but there’s one person that doesn’t fit in.”

I immediately turn around and see a random girl, probably a fan of either Infinite or B1A4 looking at Marisa who’s surrounded with Hoya and Woohyun on both sides. At least she’s not walking by herself, that’s good. The girl’s also wearing the same school uniform and so are her surrounding friends.

“What are you doing?” I hear Hoya ask the girl. He’s too nice to do something against a girl, we all are. We don’t want to cause damage, not to our reputation, but we were taught to always respect women.

“Why is this girl with you, oppa?” the girl asks. Clearly none of us know who she is, she just decided to show up, but someone should get rid of her. It’s clear that she’s aiming for Marisa. “I thought this girl was Jinyoungie-oppa’s girlfriend. Is she cheating on him with you?”

I can’t take it any longer and decide to step in. “I’m right here, do you have a problem with it?” I ask the girl.

“Jinyoungie-oppa, did you know that this girl was cheating on you?” she asks innocently and points at Marisa.

“I’d like it if you didn’t point your fingers at my girlfriend,” I state stepping in between the girl and Marisa.

 

Marisa’s POV

Jinyoung actually stepped in to save me. I thought he was hanging out with his friends up at the front and had no time for me. Maybe it’s the girl that scares him or maybe he wants to prove our relationship. “Jinyoung,” I say as I pull at the back of his shirt. He’s standing in between the girl and I. Hoya and Woohyun have moved over to the side by now and so have the rest of the members of both groups. I guess they’re on alert in case something happens. “Just leave it go,” I tell him. “Let’s just leave.”

Jinyoung stands there for another moment before he leaves, grabbing my hand and then wrapping his arm around my shoulder. Am I happy that he’s finally acting like he’s my boyfriend even though we’re not in an actual relationship?

We get to the dorms and I go to my house to change before coming back.

“You’re finally here Marisa,” Sungyeol says greeting me. They’re all just sitting around on the floor doing who knows what. “Here, sit right here.” He taps the floor in between him and Jinyoung.

I sit down between them and just stare at them. I don’t know what they do in their dorms because normally once we reach home, we go our separate ways and I don’t see any of the members until the next morning, unless they so decide to come to my house, which only Gongchan has done that to ask about homework and to work on it together.

We all just sit around and play games; we don’t really do anything important. It’s just kind of like friends hanging out with each other. While Baro, Shinwoo, Hoya, and another guy from Infinite have some sort of rap battle, I manage to find a wall and just lean my head up against it.

“Are you okay?” Sungyeol asks coming and sitting down next to me.

“Ah, yeah,” I say looking at him kind of shocked. “I’m just tired. Why?”

“Oh,” Sungyeol says looking slightly disappointed. “If you want to, you can lean your head against me. I’m pretty sure that I’m comfier than the wall.”

I laugh at his statement. “I guess it’s alright.” I can’t help but take a quick glance at Jinyoung. I guess Sungyeol sees the glance.

“He’ll be fine with it. Why would he ever misunderstand me, like his best friend?” Sungyeol asks with a smile. I guess that it’s fine and let my head rest of his shoulder with my eyes slowly closing.

 

Jinyong’s POV

Why is she with Sungyeol in the corner? Are they going to start like making out or something? Wait, she wouldn’t do that because she’s my girlfriend. She may not be my official girlfriend, but she my girlfriend by title.

Maybe I should’ve been the one to go over to her and sit with her in the corner, I am her boyfriend after all, but I’m doing one bad job at it. It’s not like we even have to be boyfriend and girlfriend, just make everyone else believe it. As soon as we’re allowed to say that we’ve broken up, I’m going to do it.

But looking at her, she seems kind of peaceful being there with Sungyeol compared to being all tense with me. Am I actually jealous because Sungyeol is with her and I’m not? Am I jealous because Sungyeol has the courage to do things that I don’t? Am I jealous of him being with Marisa and I’m over here apart from them?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The end of the second chapter. Next chapter we'll go back to the present and see what may/may not have happened to Marisa and Jinyoung's relationship and Marisa and Sungyeol's relationship within five months. We can't forget about everyone else, though, too, like her friendship with Gongchan and Sungjong. What exactly happened in five months?