Everything is Different

The Beautiful Mistake

Marisa’s POV

I’m finally released from the hospital; I have the ability to breathe fresh air every day, I’m so happy right now. I can also spend what’s left of the break with the guys catching up on things before I have to go back to school. Thankfully I’m not that far behind since Gongchan and Sungjong took extra good notes and brought me the homework, they also tutored me whenever I didn’t get something that they wrote down, they helped me a lot, I’m very grateful to them.

“You’re graduating soon, Sungyeol-oppa,” I say looking at him. We’re both sitting on my living room couch.

“I am,” he says. Lately, something doesn’t seem right about him, but I can’t put my finger on it. It seems like he’s thinking a lot about something.

“You and Jinyoung and the rest of them. It’s going to feel lonely without you guys,” I pout.

“Don’t worry about that,” he says pulling me closer to him. “You’re going to have Myungsoo, Sandeul, and Baro to look after you, not to mention Gongchan and Sungjong who are also in your classes.”

“True,” I say. “It’ll just feel lonely without all of you guys there for lunch.”

He laughs at the statement. “You’re so cute sometimes.” I smile at his words, they always make me feel better.

“What are you going to do after graduation?”

“You’re so curious about this graduation thing.”

“I can’t help it. You’re going to be leaving me; I at least want to know what you’re going to do.”

“Well, I’m going to go to university, actually, Woohyun, Hoya, Dongwoo, Jinyoung, and I are going to go to the same university.”

“Don’t tell me you rigged that, too.”

“Rigged? We simply persuaded,” he says with a smile. I know that he’s only joking, though. “What do you want to do today?”

“Well, how about we do our date that never happened?” I ask.

“That sounds like a good idea. How about we go to the amusement park?”

“Okay,” I happily say. “That’s good.”

Ever since Christmas, something always seemed off about Sungyeol. I don’t know what’s up with him, though; it’s something that I can’t put my finger on. It’s just the way that he’s been acting, it’s strange. He has to know about Jinyoung and I becoming friends again, does he not like that? Does he think that Jinyoung and I are becoming too close to each other? He won’t tell me anything either, I really don’t know what’s up with him. Something must’ve happened at Christmas or at least around there, but I have absolutely no idea. Is it something that I did? It probably is since we spent all of our time together around that time. What did I do to make him act like this? Is it about the fake relationship?

The fake relationship became big news right after the holidays passed. Everyone was shocked and the Infinite members felt kind of betrayed I guess since they didn’t know such an important thing. However, with time, it slowly began passing because other things starting taking the limelight, which I’m completely and totally grateful for. It didn’t turn into such a big problem like I thought, but that’s because there was another national scandal that took its place. Maybe after everything somehow it will be dug up again since Jinyoung and I didn’t give formal announcements on it, well besides Jinyoung saying that it’s true that we did, but we didn’t say anything else, or at least I didn’t say anything else. I just hope it never comes up again.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

“Let’s go on this,” Seohyun says dragging me around the amusement park. I never wanted to come here, she dragged me.

“Whatever, “I say still unaffected by anything that she does. Marisa’s released from the hospital now, that’s good. Our friendship is mended and we sometimes contact each other, but nothing too extreme, just like regular friends catching up with each other. It feels nice to do that again.

“Oh, I almost forgot about the second thing I want you to do,” Seohyun says excitedly. I wish she did forget about it. “I’ll tell it to you now.” I don’t say anything to her and just stare straight ahead as we walk through the amusement park. Even though Marisa already knows that I like her and the members know that I like her, I’m still dating Seohyun. “Jinyoungie-oppa, I want you to ditch your friends.”

“What?” I ask stopping right in the middle of where we’re walking. I immediately turn and look at Seohyun. “Ditch my friends? Are you crazy?”

“Jinyoungie-oppa, I want you to hang out with me more instead of your friends, and especially Marisa. You’ve grown close to her lately.” I hear the distaste on Seohyun’s voice, she still has something against Marisa and I guess she has something against my friends, too. “I want you to make friends with my friends, then we can all hang out together.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“Jinyoungie-oppa, you don’t like the idea?”

“No I don’t like the idea, I absolutely hate it,” I tell her. It’s my first time telling her these things; it’s the first time telling her how I truly feel. “I don’t like it how you’re trying to control me. I don’t like how you’re always clinging onto me and I especially don’t like how you tried to get me close to you by causing an accident, an almost fatal one at that. And do you what to know what I really don’t like?” I ask getting close to her. I can see a little fear, but she’s still standing her ground in front of me. “I really don’t like you.”

I start to walk away and I feel her grab onto my arm. “Jinyoungie-oppa, where are you going?” she pleads. I look down at her hand on my arm and I just pull my arm away without even looking back.

How in the world could she ask me to ditch my friends just to make friends with her friends? I don’t even like her friends, so why would I want to make friends with them? I don’t care if I was just dating her to make our lives better, I can’t stand it anymore. She’s making these requests and she’s being overbearing. All of these qualities I knew she had when she was following me around, but they get worse as time goes by. They get so bad that I can’t stand her anymore; I just want to end our relationship here.

I walk through the amusement park alone since I ditched Seohyun. I don’t know where to go and I don’t know what I want to do since amusement parks aren’t exactly my thing, Seohyun brought me here by force, or rather it was me pretending to be a good boyfriend. I’m tired of acting like a good boyfriend and I’m tired of always being the good guy. Maybe I should start acting a little selfish. I wonder where that would get me in life.

Suddenly I feel arms wrap around my waist and I jump in surprise and attempt to turn around, but I can’t. I immediately recognize the voice, though. “Jinyoungie-oppa, what are you doing?”

 

Myungsoo’s POV

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo, what do you think you’re doing?” Jinyoung yells.

“Darn, you knew it was me?” I ask as I let him go and he turns around. “I thought my voice was passable.”

“Yeah, of course,” he jokingly says. “If you were Seohyun you would’ve been bawling your eyes out rather than speaking normally.”

“Why?” I ask.

“I broke up with her.”

“You broke up with her?”

“Not really, actually,” he explains. “I just…I left her somewhere here in this amusement park. Why are you here?”

“You left her here? What did she do this time? Did she cause an accident on a ride?” I joke.

“That’s not funny,” he says.

“Sorry.”

“She said that she wanted me to stop being friends with all of my friends. She wants me to spend more time with her and only her. I think I’m about to go crazy.” We both start walking and go to a nearby bench. “What are you doing here?” he asks again.

“I’ve come here to spy on Sungyeol and Marisa.”

“Marisa’s coming?”

“Yeah, her and Sungyeol are going on a date.” I look at his face and it doesn’t seem good. “Are you okay, Jinyoung-hyung?” I ask him.

“Why are you spying on them?” he asks.

“Just because I want to see what’s going on between them.”

“Why is something going on?”

“You’re a boy with many questions,” I comment standing up off of the bench. “Why don’t you just spy with me? It’ll probably be boring to go alone.”

I watch him as he thinks about it for a moment. “I guess it wouldn’t hurt.”

We start walking throughout the park and some girls recognize us, but nothing too dramatic. I really am spying on Marisa and Sungyeol because I do want to see what’s going on between them. Marisa’s contacted me a couple of times and asked if anything was wrong with Sungyeol because he was acting strange lately. She just texted me now saying that they’re coming to the amusement park for their date. I don’t think that Marisa wanted me to tag along, but my curiosity got the best of me and I just so happened to feel the need to come.

Before I left the dorm, though, Hoya gave me a warning. He said that I should watch out for something and be on my heels at all times. I wonder what he was feeling.

 

Marisa’s POV

“I haven’t been to an amusement park in such a long time,” I say.

“Neither have I,” Sungyeol says. “Ever since our debut I’ve never been here once. Whoa, look at that,” he says pointing to a ride. “I want to ride that, ride with me?”

“Sure,” I say with a smile. I can’t help but laugh at his childish side. It’s the complete opposite of what he was like during the hospital. With the different atmospheres he changes, it’s nice to see that he can adapt to any situation.

“Let’s go,” he says grabbing my hand as he starts running through the park.

I haven’t had this type of fun in a long time, well I was held up in the hospital for the longest time, but even before that, I was always held up at Jinyoung’s girlfriend. Now it’s nice not to have that label on me, even though it still is there, we’ve broken up and everyone knows it. It feels nice to be free. The public doesn’t know that I’m dating Sungyeol, though, so they just might think that today is just some hang out day with each other since his personality is normally like this.

“Whoa, that was awesome,” I say as we get off another ride.

“Wasn’t it? Coming to the amusement park was a really good idea. Are you hungry?” Sungyeol asks. I nod my head. “Then let’s find some place to eat.”

We stop at this restaurant inside of the amusement park and get seated pretty quickly since it’s after the lunch hour; it’s like three in the afternoon. I lost track of time once we got here and started having fun. Some of the waitresses in the restaurant notice Sungyeol and start talking about him and some of them recognize me as Jung Jinyoung’s ex-girlfriend, which I don’t mind at all. It used to drive me crazy, everyone staring at me and saying that I’m Jinyoung’s girlfriend and they all had my eyes on me. Now that everyone’s saying that I’m his ex-girlfriend, it doesn’t bother me that much anymore. I wonder why. Maybe it was because of the pressure that came along with being his girlfriend and always having the public eye on me. Now, since we broke up, they don’t pay that much attention to me, I have no standard that I have to live up to. I can just be myself.

I watch the waitress blush as she puts down the menus and takes our drink orders. After she takes them, I watch her go over to the other waitresses and exclaim how she just talked to Sungyeol. Somehow, though, there’s no burning inside of me after seeing that sight. Seeing that there’s a girl who likes my boyfriend, there’s no burning rage telling me to rip her hair out or to publicly display that we’re boyfriend and girlfriend. It’s probably because she’s just a fangirl, that’s good. She’s just a fan.

Sungyeol and I sit across from each other at the table. Under the table, he uses his legs to grab my legs so that my feet are in between his. “What are you doing?” I ask him. “What if someone sees?”

“Let them see,” Sungyeol says with a smile. “You’re my girlfriend, I want people to know.” I laugh at the statement. “Today can be a date and a mini congratulation party for you getting released from the hospital.”

“And it can also be your early graduation present,” I say with a smile.

“Hey,” he says looking at me with a smile. “That sounds like a good idea. Do you want to go shopping after this? We can buy couple things.”

“Buying couple things, “I say with a smile. “It kind of sounds nice. I never did that type of thing before.”

“Well then we have to do it,” he says as the food gets placed before us.

“Hey,” I say poking him with my chopsticks. “Doesn’t that figure look familiar over there?”

“Where?” he asks turning around.

“Right there, the back is turned.”

“Give me a minute, I’ll be right back,” he says getting up and going over to the figure. I don’t know why he can’t tell me who is it. Is it an ex-girlfriend of his? Is it a longtime friend or is it just some random fan? Maybe he doesn’t know the person at all and I’m thinking too much about it.

I sit at the table and wait for Sungyeol to come back. It looks like he’s talking happily to the person. From the back view, it definitely looks like a girl, but I don’t know who it is. I wish I knew. It’s not even like I’m jealous or anything, I’m just curious. I see Sungyeol say something to the girl as he gets up and comes back over to the table. “I’m sorry, Marisa, I’m going to have to cut out of our date early, an urgent matter came up.”

“Who is that, Sungyeol-oppa?” I ask standing up.

“No one you need to worry about, okay?” he asks me hugging me. “I’ll pay for everything as I leave. I’ll text you as soon as I have time, okay? See you later.” Sungyeol bends down and kisses me on the lips before he takes off. Something about this kiss seems different, what is it?

 

Jinyoung’s POV

“Hey,” Myungsoo says hitting me in the arm.

“You almost made me drop my ice cream,” I complain.

“Isn’t that Sungyeol-hyung?”

I look at the person who Myungsoo is referring to. “It looks familiar, but that girl.”

“That’s not Marisa,” Myungsoo says reading my thoughts exactly.

We both decide to go the way that Sungyeol was walking and come across a restaurant. We look at each other before we step in. as soon as we go in, my eyes go to a corner and I immediately see Marisa. I could recognize her in a crowd anywhere. “Marisa,” I call out. She turns and see Myungsoo and I standing there, her face brightens up. “What’s wrong?” I ask as I sit down next to her. Myungsoo sits across. I look at the table and see a half eaten meal. “Was Sungyeol here with you?”

“Yeah,” she says nodding her head. “But then he left to go with some girl. I don’t even know who it was.”

“I’ll ask him later, don’t worry,” Myungsoo says.

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to,” Marisa tells him. “He’s been acting strange lately, anyway. I was planning on asking him out on it. Today’s no different. He just wanted to randomly go to the amusement park, so that’s why I told you, but Jinyoung, why are you here?”

“Eh?” I ask with the sudden mention of my name.

“Why are you at the amusement park?”

“A last hurrah before we go back to school and I graduate.”

“Isn’t that what a trip is for and then that wouldn’t explain why you were here alone,” Marisa says. “And, you wouldn’t come to the amusement park even if it was the last place on earth.” Okay, so she knows me really well. I guess all the time we spent with each other, we just pick up on different habits.

“Okay fine,” I say admitting defeat. “I was here with Seohyun.”

“Well where is she now then?”

“I’m breaking up with her,” I admit.

“You’re what?” Marisa asks shocked. “I thought you liked her, what’s going wrong in your relationship?”

“I never liked her. It was all an act and I’m planning on telling her that it was all an act. Maybe I should tell this to you now.”

“Tell me what?” Marisa asks.

“I never liked Seohyun, I dated her so she would get out of everyone’s hair,” I finally admit. “I dated her so she would leave you alone, so she wouldn’t do anything else to you. I just wanted her to stop doing what she normally does, but then she took it too far.” I look at Marisa as she’s absorbing everything; I see the wheels turning in her brain as she’s thinking about my actions and the consequences along with the alternative actions and the alternative consequences.  “Hey, why don’t we do something?” I suddenly suggest.

“What?” Marisa asks.

“Why don’t we go shopping. C’mon.” Marisa and I both get up from the table. “Myungsoo, you can come shopping, too.”

“Nah, I’ll pass,” he says. “I have to go sort out some other things. I’ll give you guys a call later.”

“Let’s go,” I say extending my hand out to Marisa.

I take her to a shop that I saw while I was walking around with Myungsoo. I notice that there are more girls following us around, but they don’t bother us, they just take pictures and some remark that we’re probably dating again. Is another article going to come out about us dating and bring up the rumor again? It was big until the national scandal happened. I’m grateful that the scandal happened when it did otherwise who knows how long we would’ve had to deal with the rumors and our scandal.

“What about this?” I ask putting a headband on her head.

“Nah,” she says laughing and takes it off. She finds another girlier one and puts it on my head.

“I look pretty, don’t I,” I say laughing and acting as though I’m a girl. She laughs at me and I laugh back. This is the type of thing that I should’ve done when we were in our fake relationship, just laughing and having fun with each other. We’ve never had these types of times with each other, this is a new experience. I think I like it. “Hey,” I say pointing at a scarf. “I’ll buy you that, okay?”

“You don’t have to buy me anything,” Marisa objects.

“Hey,” I say. “The one that I bought you when we were out shopping is no longer here. At least let me replace it. It’s a step in becoming a good boyfriend.”

“But you’re not my boyfriend,” she comments.

“That doesn’t matter,” I say to her. “You’re teaching me. If you’ll teach me, I’m willing to learn. Why don’t we do like you said before?”

“Why did I say before?”

“You said that we don’t know anything about each other, so let’s start over. Hello,” I say extending my hand. “My name is Jinyoung. What’s yours?”

“It’s Marisa,” she says laughing and shaking my hand. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“It’s nice to meet you too, although it feels like I’ve known you longer,” I joke and laugh. “Let me buy this scarf for you, the color matches perfectly.” The scarf is pink like the last one, but it’s a different shade. That doesn’t matter though.

“Then let’s get these,” she says holding up the couple set.

“Oh, I see someone’s making the first move. Marisa, do you like me?” I ask her with a big smile on my face. She knows that I’m only poking fun at her.

“Just hurry up,” she says shoving them to me and taking back the pink scarf. I laugh and head towards the counter to pay for the items.

 

Marisa’s POV

Jinyoung and I walk home together wearing our couple scarf and gloves, it’s gotten pretty late at night. People probably think that we’re a couple and when I wake up tomorrow, there’s probably going to be an article about it, but somehow it doesn’t matter to me. Somehow, I think that it doesn’t matter what people think about Jinyoung and me as long as we know the truth ourselves, that’s all that matters.

“Well,” I say as we reach the door to my house. “Thanks for everything.” I hold up the gloves and scarf. “I had a really good time today.”

“So did I,” Jinyoung says back to me. It kind of feels awkward between us, like it’s our first date, but we’re not boyfriend and girlfriend. What’s this awkwardness? “Well, I guess I’ll get going. I’ll text you later.”

“Okay,” I say opening the door.

“Um…Marisa,” he says. I turn around and Jinyoung quickly gives me a kiss on the cheek. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

I go into my room as soon as I enter my house. I look at my phone and see that Sungyeol hasn’t contacted me since he left. What is he doing? I decide to call him for myself, but it’s not Sungyeol who picks up the phone. “Seohyun,” I breathe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungyeol ditched Marisa on their date, why? Marisa and Jinyoung are going to start over, how is that going to work? What was Seohyun doing answering Sungyeol's phone? What is going to happen to Marisa and Sungyeol?

 

Another chapter is done. Hope you enjoyed :D