Five Months Ago - The First Meeting

The Beautiful Mistake

Marisa’s POV

I look around the big city. I guess I don’t know where I’m going, but I would never admit that I’m lost. I’m not the type of person to go up to strangers and ask them directions, especially in a place where no one knows my name. I just think that it’s completely awkward.

I know a bit of the language, so it’s not exactly like I’m lost. I just don’t know my way around. The streets are filled with people that are taking walks on this nice summer day. It is pretty hot, but I like just walking around and seeing everyone. It’s not even like I know anyone to do anything or to hang out.

Suddenly, I hear yelling and turn to face the noise. There is a man running down the street with another man closely behind. Due to their yelling, I can’t understand a single word that they’re saying. Before I know it, the first man knocks into me practically knocking me over. I close my eyes and embrace myself for the fall against the concrete sidewalk, but it never comes. I must’ve never felt it because I died already, concrete to my head. I didn’t even get my adventure yet, the excitement that would make me look forward to every day of my life. At least some sort of adventure that would lighten up my extremely boring life. I guess I’m dead already; my life has gone to waste.

I slowly open my eyes and am faced with big brown eyes looking into me. “Gwaenchanayo?” the voice asks bringing me to shock. I let out a little yelp.

“I guess she’s alright,” another voice says, but I can’t identify the person. I can’t even see them from where I am. Then again, where am I?

“Hyung, I think we have a problem,” a third voice says. Just exactly how many people are around us? I guess a lot of people might be because I almost fell on the concrete since those people were yelling and running down the street.

“What is it, Gongchan?” the voice asks. It is then that I notice that I am actually in this boy’s arms. The reason why I didn’t feel hear any crack or feel any splintering pain is because I was caught in the arms of this strange boy.

“Hyung, they’re taking pictures,” Gongchan says.

“This is bad,” the guy says still holding me in his arms.

I finally get the courage to speak. “I’m okay,” I say standing up on my own.

“Come with me,” he says grabbing my arm and dragging me down the street with him.

“Wait, wait,” I say. “I was told never to go with strangers. What are you doing? I don’t even know your names.”

“I’m Jung Jinyoung. That’s Gongchan and Sandeul over there,” he says pointing them to me with a little flick of his head.

“Where are we going?” I ask.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

My head is spinning, this can’t be happening. We’re just a rookie group, we can’t have a scandal yet, but I’m making it worse. How is dragging the girl with me going to make any of it better? Some of the girls recognized us on the street and some started taking pictures. What are we going to do if those pictures get leaked out?

Everything around me turns to a blur, I just want to get back to the dorm and talk it over with the company head. I just want this situation under control and hope that it doesn’t get out of control in the first place, but I like to prepare for the worst.

“Hyung, where are we going?” Gongchan asks me.

“Back to the dorms, well into the van first,” I say.

After what seems like forever, we finally make our way to the van. I open the side door and let the girl go in first. I don’t even know her name.

“There you guys are,” Shinwoo says looking at us before the girl goes in. “Who’s that?” he asks.

I see our manager look at me and look back at the girl whose arm I’m still holding. “I’ll explain everything, we just have to drive.”

Shinwoo, Baro, and Sandeul sit in the back of the van while Gongchan sits with the girl in the middle and I sit next to the manager up front.

“Hyung, who’s the girl?” Baro asks.

I shrug my shoulders. “I don’t know her name, but we were caught up in a little…mess,” I say after hesitating.

“A mess?” our manager asks looking at me.

“There were some people running down the street and knocked her over. I saved her from sustaining a serious head injury.”

“He really did,” Gongchan says looking at me and back at our manager. “Sandeul-hyung and I saw the whole thing. He really did save her, only…” he begins, his voice trailing off.

“Only what?” our manager questions again.

“Only a couple of fans recognized us and started taking pictures of her and I. You could say that she was in my arms because of my saving her from the fall,” I explain with my head down, I couldn’t look at him. I knew that what I did was right, I saved the girl, but the actions after that weren’t okay. I took her with me. What is the press going to say if they get a hold of those pictures or see them up on portal sites?

“Hey, what your name?” Gongchan asks looking at her.

“It’s Marisa,” she states. She’s probably still in a state of confusion.

“Well I’m Gongchan, the maknae of B1A4."

“B1A4?” she asks.

She doesn’t know who we are. Should I be happy or sad?

“The group B1A4, we debuted a little while ago. Where are you from, Marisa?”

“Um…the U.S.,” Marisa states. “I just moved here with my family. My mother wanted to come back home to Korea, so here I am.”

“That sounds like fun,” Gongchan says.

“Hey,” she says looking out the window. “This is the way that I live.”

“This is the way that you live?” Sandeul asks confused. “Hyung, I thought we were going back to the dorm,” he says speaking to our manager.

“We are,” the manager says.

If we’re going back to our dorm, but we’re going the way that Marisa lives, then does that mean that we live in the same building? We’re neighbors? As if this day couldn’t get any worse. There are other houses around the dorms, right? She could live in another apartment or house near there, but just not in the same building. This day…what am I ever going to do now?

 

Marisa’s POV

How do these people know where I live? Don’t tell me that I live in the same building as these weirdoes. They just think that it’s okay to like kidnap a teenage girl? This group, B1A4, never heard of them before. I don’t really know much of the culture over here. I just moved here a couple of days ago. Maybe this is the adventure that I’m supposed to have, the excitement to my boring life.

I look out the window as a van comes to a stop. “Hey, this is where I live,” I comment.

“This is where you live?” Jinyoung asks looking back from the passenger’s seat.

“Really,” I say nodding my head. “I just moved here about three days ago?” I ask thinking about it.

“Three days ago,” one of the guys who was already sitting in the van says, his hair is up in a ponytail and he has big glasses on. “I remember seeing a moving truck here three days ago.”

“Shinwoo,” Jinyoung says looking at him, “really?” The kid named Shinwoo just nods his head.

As if this day couldn’t become more dreamlike, any more surreal. I almost died today if Jinyoung hadn’t caught me. Now I find out that we may be possibly living in the same building? What is this world coming to? All of these instances and occurrences. Maybe this is really the excitement to my boring life, meeting these people. B1A4, the first people that I met while I’m here. Maybe they’re the key to having this excitement in my life that I want.

“Well, thanks for the ride home,” I say as I unbuckle my seatbelt.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Jinyoung asks as he grabs onto my arm yet again.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

“What do you mean?” she asks looking at me. “Why can’t I go home?”

“We have to straighten out this mess,” I explain to her, letting go of her wrist.

“Mess, what mess are we in?”

“People saw us out there. What if there are some sort of rumors?”

“Rumors?”

“A scandal. What if there are articles about the two of us tomorrow, what are we going to do about it?”

“Just say it’s not true. Isn’t that what most of you do anyway?”

“Things over here are much worse,” I explain. “Even something little could result in something big. We have to be careful about what we do.” I probably sound like I’m angry, but I’m not. I just want her to realize the mess that we are getting ourselves into. An average girl who just happens to be a victim of this. I want to prevent it at all possible costs.

“We’re going say that she’s your girlfriend,” our manager suddenly says. I freeze and stare at him; all of us freeze and stare at him, even Marisa. “Look, if we say that she’s your girlfriend and that she just moved here. We’re only going to say that she’s your girlfriend if something comes out in the papers about it tomorrow.”

“Why can’t we just say that hyung saved her?” Sandeul asks. “He did save her from falling over.”

“Well, now that we have learned that she lives in the same building, what are people going to think if they see you guys walking out together, or even if they see you guys coming out at different times? They’re going to start saying that you’re in a relationship again,” our manager explains. I understand where he’s coming from, but I think calling her my girlfriend is outrageous.

If he just simply says that I saved her from falling and then that we just so happen to live in the same building… It sounds ridiculous. They would never buy such a thing. The press are vicious people, always searching to make a profit over the tiniest mistake. There’s no absolute way that they would buy it. They would believe that she’s my girlfriend, especially if the agency issued a statement. What am I going to do?

 

THE NEXT MORNING

“Hyung, did you see the paper?” Baro asks coming into the room. We’re all getting ready to go to school and normally I do look at the paper, but I was avoiding it at all costs today.

“Wae?” I ask looking at him.

“You’re on the front cover.” He holds up the paper so I can see a picture of me holding Marisa yesterday after her fall. Of course the picture is fuzzy because it was taken with a cell phone, but the face is unmistakably mine and that of Marisa’s is unmistakably a girl’s. This thing just can’t get any better, can it? Looks like from this point on, I have a girlfriend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is my first fanfiction. I hope you like it :D

I guess that that's all I want to say. Happy St. Patrick's Day? Haha :)