Could Life Get Any Better?

The Beautiful Mistake

Marisa’s POV

As soon as we get to the hotel, I see all of the Infinite members, well almost all of the Infinite members there. “Where’s Sungyeol-oppa and Myungsoo-oppa?” I ask looking around.

“Oh, they said that they were exhausted,” Sunggyu says, “so they stayed home.”

“Oh, okay,” I say nodding my head. Normally they would always come out if all of us were going to go somewhere. They must really be tired or feeling sick. I hope that they get better soon.

“So, this is the place where we’re going to have the party,” Gongchan says showing me around. “It’s really big and there’s a separate room where we’re going to have his day.”

I look around at the hotel and everything and think that it’s really nice and fancy looking. I can’t believe that they would have his surprise party here. They must really appreciate him as a leader and member of their group.

“Who’s going to be at this thing?” I ask as we sit down at one of the tables in the hotel room.

“Everyone that we know, of course,” Sungjong says looking at me. “Other artists that we’re all close to, our families, well not us, I mean Jinyoung. His family, and our families too since we’re all really close with each other.”

I nod my head understanding. “Hey, let me ask you guys something,” I say looking at all of them.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I run into an alley, sure that I lost them. How did they even know where to find me? I mean, Seoul is pretty big but they had to be coming my way. This day just couldn’t get any better, right? There always has to be a downside. I just wonder why they were following me. I thought that they were for a while, back when I was sitting down on the bench and fell back asleep for a little bit, but maybe they were just hiding until then and I felt their presence.

I catch my breath for a couple of minutes just leaning up against the wall. For some reason, this being chased thing kind of makes me understand what I possibly put Marisa through. We’re just running and always running away. Maybe I really do like her. Maybe I really do care for her, but I’ve done one heck of a job showing it so far. My birthday is in a couple of days. Should I do something for her then?

 

Myungsoo’s POV

“It’s all thanks to you,” I say looking at Sungyeol. “You moved before I said cue.”

“Well, I’m an anxious person,” he says with a smile. “I’m pretty sure he went down this way.”

“Are you sure?” I ask him.

We were trying to stay undetected. We were both attempting to follow Jinyoung to see what he was doing while the rest of them went to plan for the party, but he saw us and Sungyeol just had to call out his name while we were watching him. He was sleeping, though, it wasn’t like he was actually going to do much to us even if he did see us. But why did he run? Is he hiding something from us.

“Let’s take a breather,” Sungyeol says as we slowly walk down the street, our plan is now foiled.

“Fine,” I say as a I glared at him. He was turning this fun into something that’s not so fun anymore. Now I just wished that we were at the hotel with the rest of them. I wonder what they’re talking about or what they’re doing.

“So, explain it to me again,” Sungyeol says, “why do you think that Jinyoung and Marisa aren’t in a relationship?”

 

Jinyoung’s POV

Did I just hear them? Did I just hear Sungyeol’s voice? I look out of the alley and see the duo walking down peacefully. They probably think that they lost me. I shouldn’t make any noise, but did I just hear Sungyeol correctly? Does someone think that Marisa and I aren’t in an actual relationship? Could it be Myungsoo? I always thought that he was a sharp tool in the shed. I’m going to have to be more careful, but maybe this is a perfect timing, now I can finally show my possible feelings for Marisa and see if they are actually true. We’re going to pretend to be an even better couple now.

“I’ve told you a thousand times already,” I hear Myungsoo complain.

“But I don’t understand it still. Why would they lie?” Sungyeol asks.

“You see,” Myungsoo begins, “remember when we wondered why Jinyoung’s phone number wasn’t in Marisa’s phone and he said that he went to visit her? Wasn’t she a new student to the school at that time? How would he possibly know her?”

“Maybe they met in the streets,” Sungyeol says trying to put reason into Myungsoo’s accusations. “You do know that people come to trips to Seoul all of the time.”

“Well I just think that it’s weird. Why wouldn’t your phone number be in your girlfriend’s phone already? And why didn’t we know about this before? Are we not close as we thought that we were? You and I are his best friends.”

I turn my head around the corner, a little bit so I can at least see what’s going on, and I se Myungsoo hitting Sungyeol’s arm.

“Myungsoo-ah,” Sungyeol says, “you’re thinking too much into it. They have no reason to lie.”

“Have you ever seen Jinyoung give any sort of affection to Marisa?” Myungsoo finally asks the question that I was hoping he wouldn’t ask. It’s the question that would put doubt into peoples mind about whether or not we’re in an actual relationship because I know I haven’t been showing her any type of affection. “Sungyeol, you’ve showed her more affection than her own boyfriend.”

“Well…” Sungyeol says, his voice trialing off. He doesn’t know what to say about the subject because he knows it’s true. I even know that it’s true myself. If there are some things in this world that I’m going to have to change, this has to be the first one. I have to show that I appreciate Marisa. It is her who is giving up her life to pretend to be my girlfriend.

If I know all of these things, then why am I still incapable of fixing them?

 

Marisa’s POV

The rest of the time at the hotel went smoothly. They told me all about their big decoration plans and also they went over their little plan for the thing where all of their fans come. They were apparently going to sing some of their new songs and some games and stuff. I would of be invited to come as Jinyoung’s girlfriend, of course.

For the majority of the day, though, I saw Sandeul staring at me.

“Hey,” I say looking at Sandeul. He’s sitting across from me eating lunch. Sandeul doesn’t even look up at the sound of his name, which is strange, but then again it’s not because we’re eating. He likes food; it’s like his favorite thing in the world. “Sandeul-oppa,” I say nudging him from under the table. He looks up at me with his eye and gently smiles, forming one of his famous eye smiles. “Are you okay?” I ask.

“Why would you ask that?” he asks looking at me.

“Well ever since the ride, you haven’t said a word to me,” I say. “Are you okay?”

Sandeul just stares at me for a moment before nodding his head yes. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Oh, um, I don’t know,” I say looking at him. I try to act as though I hadn’t noticed anything, as if this conversation and what happened on the van never happened, but somehow whenever I thought about it, I would smile to myself. I found myself smiling about it.

“What are you smiling about?” Woohyun asks me. He’s sitting on my left and Gongchan is sitting on my right. Sandeul is, of course, sitting across from me with Hoya sitting on his left and Baro sitting on his right.

“Nothing, nothing,” I say looking at him.

“You just liked my aegyo, didn’t you?” he asks poking at my arm.

I shrug my shoulders. “You’ll never know,” I say jokingly and sticking out my tongue. I take a quick glance up at Sandeul and see him staring at me, but once he sees my eyes, he quickly goes back to looking down at his food and acting as though he never saw me. What’s with him?

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I sit down on the ground in the alley a while longer while Sungyeol and Myungsoo are right near where I am. I can’t move or they’ll see me. Are they following me or something?

As if it’s part of a movie or a drama, my cell phone has to ring. I quickly try to find it so I can silence it, but it takes me a while to be able to. Unfortunately, Sungyeol and Myungsoo have already found me.

“Hey,” I say looking up at them. They’re standing and hovering over me. “What brings you guys to this alley?” I ask nonchalantly.

“You know exactly what we’re doing here. You heard everything,” Myungsoo says. For a guy that surely doesn’t say that much, he has the ability to hit things right on the head.

“He heard everything?” Sungyeol asks pointing at me. He, on the other hand, is less quick on the uptake.

“Aren’t you going to answer your phone?” Myungsoo asks as I stand up. By the tone of his voice, I know that he’s already looked at it. I know that he’s probably already seen the caller ID. I quickly look down and see that it’s Seohyun. What perfect timing. My life is horrible.

“Nah,” I say looking at it. “It’s probably not important.”

“Phone calls are always important,” Sungyeol says taking my phone before the ringing stops. She really must want me to answer the phone. “Yeoboseyo?” Sungyeol asks answering. It’s probably the stupidest move that he’s ever made. I’m not sure what Seohyun is saying on the other line, but whatever it is, it causes Sungyeol to yell at her and say that I’m dating Marisa and that she should just stay out of my life. He quickly hangs up the phone and hands it back to me, but not before I see his face go cold for a second. I see him then give a nervous glance to Myungsoo. “We should get going,” he says as he walks away.

“Wait,” I say. “Where are you guys going?”

“It’s not good for us to stay around here anymore,” Sungyeol says, his face is suddenly grim. Is it because Seohyun said something to him on the phone.

“Jinyoungie-oppa,” I hear the dreaded voice say. Seohyun. “I knew that I’d find you guys here.”

“How?” I ask.

“Easy,” she says slipping her arms around me. “I know everything about you.” I try to push her off but it’s no avail.

“Border stalker much?” I ask as I try to escape to go after Myungsoo and Sungyeol. “Myungsoo-ah, Sungyeol-ah,” I say trying to grab their attention, but they don’t turn back. They keep walking. Their backs keep facing me. Maybe they’ve abandoned me for good.

“Jinyoungie-oppa, where are you taking me today? It’s our five month anniversary,” I hear Seohyun say.

I quickly look at her and at my two best friends who are walking away. I see Myungsoo look back one last time. He sees that Seohyun’s hands are still all over me. He gives me one icy glare before he heads out with Sungyeol.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

Once again my mind is spinning. There’s too much information to digest and process. My brain is like on some sort of overload. “Hey,” I say looking at Sungyeol. Whatever Seohyun said on the phone psyched him out. It’s probably not a good thing. “Why don’t we get some ramen and take it back to the dorm?” I put my arm over his shoulder and his face somewhat brightens up.

“Sure,” he says happily.

We go to the nearest convenience store, by our dorm, of course, and get some ramen before taking it back to eat it. We both are sprawled out on the living room floor waiting for our ramen to cook.

“What did Seohyun say on the phone?” I finally ask him. Sungyeol takes a deep breath and just stares at his ramen. “You can tell me and then we can go beat Jinyoung-hyung up,” I suggest with a smile. I see Sungyeol lighten up a little. “If he’s hurting Marisa by doing this, we can surely beat him up for it.”

“Can we?” Sungyeol asks. I know that he’s just playing into it. I laugh at him as we pick up our ramen and start eating it. “I’m serious,” he says, “if he’s hurting Marisa, he’s not going to get away with it.”

“Well then tell me what she said,” I say in between mouthfuls of noodles.

“She said that Jinyoung’s been going out with her and is using Marisa as a cover.”

“But wouldn’t Marisa know?” I ask.

“Unless she doesn’t know. What if she doesn’t know?”

“What if what Seohyun is saying is not true?” I ask.

Sungyeol looks down at his noodles and plays with them a little. “She also said that she was going to do everything that she possibly could to get Jinyoung and that the first step in the plan was getting rid of Marisa.”

I stare at him almost dropping my chopsticks. “Did she sound serious?”

“She sounded dead serious,” Sungyeol says. “The evil in her voice, it sounded like she really wants to get rid of her and make Jinyoung hers.”

 

Jinyoung’s POV

“Let go of me,” I finally say pulling away from Seohyun. She’s somehow dragged me onto the streets. If people see us, another scandal is going to start, one that I won’t be able to save myself from this time. I quickly pull up my jacket hoping that it would shield my face a little bit and put on a hat that I keep in my pocket for safe measure.

“Why are you covering yourself up?” Seohyun asks in her cute voice, well her pretending to be cute voice because I think that it’s just disgusting. The way she clings to me, it’s all just disgusting.

“Look,” I say looking around to make sure that no one sees us. “We’re not dating. I’m dating Marisa. You just have to deal with the fact that you’re not going to have me. I’m Marisa’s boyfriend, Marisa’s my girlfriend. You,” I say emphasizing and pointing my finger at her, “are not my girlfriend. You will never be my girlfriend, okay?” I ask her.

I start walking away when she suddenly grabs my arm with strength that I didn’t know she had.

 

Marisa’s POV

School. It’s great, not really. It’s just the same old, same old. Sandeul and I are back on our old terms, I believe. We don’t talk about anything that happened, like the holding hands or sleeping on one another and I don’t think that the other members realize anything about it either, thankfully. I don’t know what I would’ve said if news of it got around to Jinyoung.

Wait, why am I so concerned about that? It’s not even like we’re actually dating.

I manage to get into homeroom before Gongchan and Sungjong come in. Nearing my desk, I see something tapped faced down. I undo the tape gently and lift up the paper so I can see what’s written.

I can’t say anything. I can’t do anything. I don’t stumble backwards; I don’t drop the paper where I’m standing. The only thing I can do is just stare at it. I stare at it like it’s moving, like it’s some mystical object that’s totally new to the world. I stare at the paper and I keep staring at the paper until Gongchan and Sungjong come in.

“What’s wrong?” Gongchan asks placing his backpack on his chair. He leans over my shoulder and stares at the paper, too. He quickly grabs it from my hand to verify it for himself.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

I left the dorm early today for school so I could take a nice walk. The weather’s practically perfect. It’s these types of days that make me smile without realizing it. Well, it was going to make me smile until I walked past a convenience store and just so happened to see the day’s paper.

I quickly run inside and buy one. I can’t believe what I’m seeing. What exactly is it that I’m seeing? Instead of walking at the slowest pace possible for school, I now take off sprinting.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

As I walk to school, more people are staring at me. It’s not that I’m not used to people staring at me, everyone does as I walk to school. They all believe that I look familiar. Some people do recognize me and I hear them whisper my name. The other people mostly just hide their face and smile or they come up to me and say that they’re a fan. I’m grateful, nevertheless, but today, it feels like something is off with the stares.

“Hey,” Dongwoo says coming up to me as I sit down at my desk in class.

“Hey,” I say as I get out all of my books and prepare myself for the lessons today.

“Someone likes to be prepared,” he says as he looks at all of the stuff.

“You’ve known me for how long?” I ask jokingly. “You should know that.”

“Did you see the paper today?” Dongwoo asks. I think that it’s quite random. Dongwoo doesn’t read the paper. I shake my head. “I think you should see it.”

“I don’t have a copy. Do you?” I ask Dongwoo.

“I do,” I hear an angry voice in the doorway say. I look up at the person. What’s going on?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's in the paper that's flipping everyone's brains? What is going on? Who is angry with Jinyoung now? What is going to happen in their future?

 

Fifth chapter done. There was a lot of changing POV's in this one. Hopefully there'll be another chapter up soon? Who knows. Enjoy :D