One Year

The Beautiful Mistake

Marisa’s POV

“What are we doing here?” I ask Jinyoung as we walk along the streets with our fingers are entwined.

“You’ll see soon enough,” he says giving me a smile.

Jinyoung’s college life has started and my second year of high school has started. Ever since the day he announced to everyone that we were going out at the graduation party, everyone has been accepting, pretty much. Of course there were some difficulties in the beginning with always being followed, but four months have passed, it’s okay now, well a little bit better than it was before. It looks like everyone has pretty much accepted that Jinyoung and I are dating.

I don’t know what he’s planning, but he’s had sort of a devilish smirk on his face for a couple of days now. He has to be planning something, right?

“What are you planning, oppa?” I ask as I poke his face. I’ve gotten more comfortable with calling him oppa and I can tell that he likes it.

“You are surely impatient,” Jinyoung comments.

“I can’t help it,” I complain. “I want to know what you’re doing.”

“Do you really?” he asks teasing me. I excitedly shake my head up and down as we stop in a spot. Some people on the street spot us and take pictures, but we don’t pay any attention to it, we’re used to it by now.

I wear the necklace that Jinyoung got me everyday and he does the same. Even during his schedule and broadcasts he wears it to let everyone know that I’m his girlfriend and he’s my boyfriend. He’s not afraid to show me off to everyone. It’s like he actually wants the world to know that I’m taken.

“Close your eyes,” Jinyoung says.

“Oppa, what?” I ask.

“Just trust me. You trust me, right?” I nod my head. “Then close you eyes, okay?”

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I look at Marisa as she closes her eyes, she’s really something. I can’t help but gently laugh at her innocence. Suddenly I take her into my arms and bring her close to the ground. “Oppa!” she yells, her eyes immediately opening. “What are you doing?”

“You really couldn’t have forgotten what today is, right?” I ask looking into her eyes. She just closes them and pouts. She didn’t forget, she was just joking with me all along. “So this should feel familiar, right?” I hold her in that position, I don’t care that everyone is looking at us. “The first time we met, it was like this.”

“It was,” Marisa says opening her eyes and looking at me. “I was so shocked that day.” I let her get up on her own two feet. “What was that about?” she asks fixing her clothes.

“Happy one year anniversary!” the members and I yell as soon as Marisa comes to her senses. I’ve asked for their help by having them prepare balloons and a banner. They snuck up behind me when I was holding Marisa down so she wouldn’t see any of them.

“What?” she asks in disbelief.

“One year ago today we met. One year ago today was the day of our fake relationship. Even though we haven’t been together as boyfriend and girlfriend for a year, we’ve known each other for a year. It’s been a year of adventure Marisa,” I tell her.

“It surely has been,” she comments.

“I know that there’s really no need for me to be doing this, but I’ve known you for a year, I think that it’s special and should be celebrated.”

“Why?” Marisa asks.

I pull her close to me. I can hear the members say some smart remarks in the background, but I don’t say anything back to them. “Because it was the day that changed my life. That day, we were brought together. Granted, it was under unusual circumstances, but we’ve come this far, Marisa. There’s no one else for me, but you.”

“Jinyoung-oppa,” she utters.

“I meant it,” I tell her.

“Meant what?”

“The title of the story at graduation ‘The Beautiful Mistake,’” I repeat for her. “Even though our relationship was a mistaken photo at first, it turned out like this. I’m grateful.”

“Just kiss her already!” I hear Sungyeol yell. I turn around and immediately shoot him a glare. “Looks like someone’s the new Myungsoo,” he comments.

Instead of saying anything, I turn back to Marisa. “I love you, Marisa.”

“I love you, oppa,” she says as I lean down and kiss her in the exact same spot that started it all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The story is now finished! (This was the shortest chapter that I ever wrote, barely even 3 pages)

The bonus chapter takes place at the year mark since Marisa and Jinyoung met, when Marisa was knocked down, basically Chapter 1.

Did everyone enjoy it? I enjoyed writing it. Thanks for reading it, and don't forget to check out the sequel.

There will be plenty of more things that are going to happen to Marisa and Jinyoung. The previous chapter has sort of some spoilers and the link, so check it out if you wish.

The story is now complete, should I feel sad about it? It's my first fanfic, my first attempt at one and it's coming to a close. I guess there's nothing else that I can say except for thanks for reading and check out the sequel if you want, although it's not updated yet.

With that, The Beautiful Mistake comes to an end (but there's still the sequel :P)

Some random trivia:

The Beautiful Mistake ended with: 277 pages in Word and 88,510 words total spanning for 27 chapters. Just in case any of you were wondering.