Going Home

The Beautiful Mistake

Marisa’s POV

I ended up crying for most of the night, but thankfully, Jinyoung was there besides me comforting me. He didn’t question why I was crying either, he understood that it’s because Sungyeol cheated on me during our relationship.

“How are you holding up?” Jinyoung asks as he walks into his room. Today’s the day that we’re leaving so I’m packing my bag.

“I’m good,” I say as he comes over and back hugs me as I zipper up my duffle bag. “Thank you for everything.”

“You don’t have to thank me.”

“I’m serious,” I say turning around and facing him. “If it weren’t for your whole idea of coming here, I don’t know what mental state I’d be in and I don’t know where our relationship would be. I think it was good coming out here, it let me think for a little bit.”

“Even if the drama back home got in the way?” he asks raising one eyebrow.

“Yes, even if that,” I respond. “Just by hearing it, it let me think some more about it. I’m kind of sad to leave this place.”

“Hey, there will be plenty of times in the future for you to come here,” Jinyoung says with a smile.

“Okay,” I say tightly hugging him and he hugs me back. “Now I have to make sure I have everything.”

“Sure, I’ll help you carry it to the bus stop. You want to make it back in time for them to get out of school, right?” I nod my head. “So then we’ll just get there early and then eat some lunch before heading over to the school, okay?”

“Yup,” I say nodding my head.

After I made sure that I packed everything, Jinyoung and I make our way downstairs to say goodbye to his mother and his older sister. “Thank you for everything,” I say bowing before them before Jinyoung’s mother hugs me.

“Any time,” she says.

“I hope you guys come back soon,” his father remarks.

“You’re always welcome here,” his mother adds.

“I think you’re a good match for my dongsaeng,” unni says. Jinyoung and I both look at each other and laugh at the statement. “Hey, I mean it. I hope you two end up married one day.”

With all of our goodbyes settled, Jinyoung and I head back to Seoul where I’m pretty sure that we’re going to be facing many more problems. For once in my life, though, I didn’t feel afraid about what I was about to face. It felt like I was able to face anything as long as Jinyoung is besides me.

“Going back home,” Jinyoung comments as both of us sit down.

“Going back,” I repeat after him.

“Are you ready?”

“Ready for what?”

“Everything,” he simply comments.

I sigh and look at him. “I think I am.”

“Well then just remember that I’m going to be here for you.” Jinyoung grabs and holds my hand. Even though we’re now officially boyfriend and girlfriend, it feels weird for Jinyoung to be treating me like this. I was always used to him being cold to me, but him actually being nice and caring, it feels new and fresh. I think that I’ll be able to get used to this feeling.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

Today is the day that Marisa and Jinyoung come back, but none of us know what time they’re coming back. They could come back very late in the night tonight for all we know, but the buses and things don’t run then, so they would have to come back earlier. I find it strange that Sungyeol hasn’t questioned where Marisa has gone, does he already know? Did Seohyun already tell him?

I think as I walk through the hallways to class when I notice Seohyun standing in front of me. “What do you want?” I ask.

“I just wanted to see what L-oppa was up to,” she replies attempting to be cute.

“Well you saw, now I have to go to class.” I attempt to move away from her, but it’s of no avail, she’s just in my way. “Don’t you have your future to go concern yourself with?”

“I have my future all planned out.” I could care less about what she’s actually going to do, but she continues talking like I’m going to magically care. “I’m going to follow Jinyoungie-oppa.”

My ears perk up at the name. “You’re going to what?”

“I’m going to follow Jinyoungie-oppa to college.”

“What about your boyfriend?”

“Boyfriend?” she asks attempting to play dumb. I just stare at her and her serious face until she finally breaks into a smile with a laugh that kind of creeps me out. “I was just joking, you think that I was going to follow Jinyoung?” It’s the first time that I’ve heard her call him by his actual name instead of one of the nicknames that she’s made for him.

“Yeah, whatever,” I say as I walk away. She doesn’t even say anything to stop me; she just turns and walks the other way. Has something strange gotten into her?

In class, I sit down next to Sandeul who looks at me with a weird expression. “Are you okay?” he asks.

“Did you guys see Seohyun?” I ask as I situate everything on my desk. I see Sandeul and Baro shake their heads. “Well I just ran into her and it was…weird.”

“Weird?” Baro asks.

“She was like…attempting to be nice.”

“Hey, it could be a trick, don’t fall for it,” Sandeul warns.

“But I said something about her boyfriend, not specifying who, and she didn’t say anything about it,” I explain. “Do you think that she knows something that we don’t know?”

“I’m not sure,” they both say looking at each other.

“Anyway,” Sandeul begins, “Jinyoung-hyung and Marisa are coming home today. Aren’t you guys excited?”

“We only haven’t seen them for like three days, it’s nothing major,” I hear Baro protest.

“Hey, he’s our leader and he wasn’t here,” I hear Sandeul retort. Hearing them argue makes it feel like this is the way we’ve always been without everything that’s happened to Jinyoung, Sandeul, and Marisa. I kind of like it. Plus their bickering is always about stupid things so I always tend to laugh at them.

“Hey, what do you think you’re laughing at L?” Sandeul asks emphasizing the nickname that I don’t really like.

“Yah, Lee Junghwan,” I comment calling Sandeul by his real name, but we all end up laughing anyway as class starts.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

Marisa and I fell asleep on the trip back and I’m the first one to wake up. I begin looking out the window and see that we’re almost back through the three or so hour trip. The days seem like it went by really fast and I kind of wish that Marisa and I were able to stay out there longer, but I’m going to graduate soon and go to university. What does Marisa think of that? We haven’t discussed anything about me leaving, of course I’m going to a university in Seoul so I won’t be that far away, but I’m sure that I won’t have a lot of time to spend with Marisa because of studies. I’m not worried, though, she has the rest of everyone to watch out for her.

My mind can’t help but drift to Sungyeol a little bit. If only he and Marisa hadn’t gotten into a relationship then he could still be the quirky best friend to Marisa, but since he was cheating on her, I highly doubt that they’re ever going to speak to each other again. If they do, they probably aren’t going to say nice things to each other.

I look at Marisa and move some hair out of her face causing her to stir a little bit. “Hmm?” she asks sitting up and looking at me.

“Sorry, you were sleeping. I didn’t mean to wake you,” I apologize.

“Nah, it’s alright,” she says. “We’re almost home.” I watch her as she looks out the window.

“Look, if you don’t want to wait for them, then it’s alright. We don’t have to go to the school.”

“I want to go,” she says shaking her head at not going. “I want to see everyone, it feels like forever.”

“Okay,” I say with a smile. “Oh, I was thinking, since I graduate soon, there’s going to be a press conference most likely announcing my graduating and the college that I’m going to attend, do you want me to announce it then that we’re dating?” I suggest.

I see her process it in her brain for a while before she nods her head. “Sure. It’s better to come clean early.” I smile at her and put my arm around her shoulder and she adjusts herself so she’s comfortable in the seat. We sit like that for a while until we return back at the stop that we need to get off at.

“How are you going to deal with Sungyeol?” I can’t help but ask while we’re sitting eating some light lunch.

“I don’t honestly know,” she says looking at me.

“I could always take care of him.”

“Don’t,” she says putting her arm out to touch mine. “I don’t want to make this situation any worse than it has to be. At most, I’ll hear him out, that’s the least I can do, right?” I nod my head in agreement because she has given me the chance to talk with her once in a while; I think that Sungyeol should explain some things.

“Why don’t we go back to your house until they get out of school?” I suggest.

“Well I can unpack my things and you can unpack yours and then we can just meet up at my house,” she suggests.

“It’s a deal.”

 

Marisa’s POV

I lug everything through my house and throw myself on my bed. I’ve missed my bed so much, even if it was for only two nights, but even though I’ve got my bed back, it still kind of feels lonely since Jinyoung slept next to me for those two nights. He’s no longer going to be doing that, I can’t help but feel saddened at the thought.

I quickly throw all of my clothes into the basket to be washed, well the ones that I wore and look around my room again. I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like when I graduate and leave this place if I can’t even handle being away from it for two nights. I’m going to miss my parents and everyone. I wonder if Jinyoung is having that problem, well, probably not since he lives apart from home anyway.

That reminds me, Jinyoung is going to graduate and going to go to college, he’s going to leave me behind. Well, not really leave me, but we’re probably not going to see each other a lot. I hope that that doesn’t do anything to our relationship. It took us so long to come to this place anyway.

I’m knocked out of my thoughts as the doorbell rings and I go to answer it. “Jinyoung,” I say with a smile. “I haven’t seen you for so long.”

“I know,” he comments playing along with me. “It feels like we haven’t seen each other for a couple of days.”

We both sit down on the couch in silence with just a tad bit of awkwardness between us. “So,” I begin breaking it. “You’re graduating soon, huh.”

“You sound so sad about it.”

“I guess I am. I mean, we aren’t going to be spending a lot of time together, then, right?”

“It might turn out that way,” he comments. “But don’t worry, I’ll still be living at the dorm, we’ll still be living at the same place, I’m sure I’ll see you sometimes. Plus, you’ll be coming over our dorm a lot, probably.”

“Why?” I ask.

“Group projects, duh,” he says with a smile. “Gongchan’s going to want to become partners with you I’m sure. You guys are going to have to work a lot on those.”

“What if we decide to work here? Then I won’t see you,” I say poking back at him.

“Aish, you’re so cute,” Jinyoung says rubbing the top of my head.

“Hey,” I say fixing it, but both of us can’t stay mad long and we end up laughing.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

School, that miserable place is finally over. Just about a week or so until I become a third year and then I graduate, I can’t wait.

Infinite and B1A4 all walk out together like we normally do with the exception of Sungyeol. Our relationship with Sungyeol has become quite cracked. None of us are sure as to how we’re going to approach him or what we’re going to say. We just know that we’re going to have some sort of confrontation sometime. For the time being, though, we’re all basically ignoring his presence. He doesn’t even sit with us at lunch anymore; I don’t even know where he went. Maybe he got his lunch changed, that wouldn’t surprise me at all. He’s a third year, it’s not like he’s actually going to take school seriously now, well, did he ever?

“Hey guys,” I hear a voice behind us say. All of us turn around and are faced with Jinyoung and Marisa who have smiles on their faces and are holding hands. I look at their hands and notice that they have a ring on, it’s the same ring that Marisa had on at Christmas and it all clicks. Jinyoung probably bought her that ring for Christmas, but then why was she wearing it then? It doesn’t matter now, they’re together, that’s all I care about.

“Marisa,” I hear Gongchan yell going up to her. “I missed you. You were missing the review for the exams.”

“That’s alright,” I hear Marisa comment. “I’m going to have a great tutor, right?”

“Don’t forget about me,” Sungjong says jumping into their conversation.

I look at Jinyoung and he looks at me and we separate ourselves from the group. “Glad you guys are finally back,” I say.

“Yeah, it was…eventful.”

“So you guys are together now, how does it feel? You’ve always secretly liked her, right?”

“It’s good,” he say with a smile, “but I was just wondering, can you explain to me everything about Sungyeol?”

I nod my head and start to tell him about how it was Seohyun at the amusement park the day that Sungyeol left Marisa and about how he had started acting weird. I also tell him about how we follow them and saw them both kissing each other and skipping school.

I watch Jinyoung as I’m telling him the information. It doesn’t look like he gets mad or that his anger is starting to boil. He’s taking in the stories calmly like he’s trying to digest what I’m actually saying and try to make reason out of it.

“Well did anything happen on your end?” I ask.

“Marisa got a couple of strange text messages,” Jinyoung begins. “One was saying about how her boyfriend, when she was still together with Sungyeol, isn’t who he says he is. There were pictures of Sungyeol and Seohyun attached and it looked like they were taken from a bystander, so I don’t understand how exactly it would be Seohyun who took those pictures. There was also another text message saying something about how it was good that Marisa broke up with Sungyeol because Marisa wasn’t the first girlfriend. Does that mean that we’re handling someone else other than Seohyun?”

“I’m not sure,” I state. Then I suddenly remember the day that I confronted Seohyun in the hospital and I asked her how she got the pictures, she said that it was some of her friends. Could she be putting her friends up to it?”

“But why would she want to do that if she’s with Sungyeol?” Jinyoung asks.

“I don’t know,” I reply. “She could just not like Marisa because she has you, that’s always a possibility. That’s the danger with these relationships, there’s always going to be someone that doesn’t like the person and is out to get them.”

Jinyoung sighs. “I guess that that’s a risk that I’m going to have to take.”

“You really like her, right?” I ask. Jinyoung nods his head. “Then don’t give up on your relationship. Just trust each other and be there to protect her when she needs it, okay?”

“Okay,” Jinyoung says. The both of us shake on the promise.

 

Marisa’s POV

It feels good to see everyone after such a long time. Okay, it might not have been that long, but it was long enough for me. “How was your vacation?” Dongwoo asks.

“So you and Jinyoung are together, how did it happen?” Woohyun asks.

“Are you going to announce it to everyone?” Shinwoo asks.

“Whoa guys, the questions,” I say with a smile on my face. “I can only answer one at a time.”

“Yeah,” Jinyoung says interfering with the rest of the guys. He slips his arm around my shoulder and a bunch of the guys start saying things about it. I can only smile in embarrassment. “Why don’t we go do something together?”

“We should go to the dorms,” Gongchan suggests. “We can just talk and have fun there without everyone looking at us.”

“Okay,” everyone says in agreement.

Walking back, it feels like one of the very first times that I walked back with them as a group, except this time, Jinyoung is walking back with me. I remember being at the back with Woohyun and Hoya and then Seohyun came up and bothered us. I remember Jinyoung saving me and I thought that that was something that he wouldn’t ever do. I remember it like it was yesterday. I never thought that we would’ve come this far.

All of us finally get back to the dorm and we all sprawl out on the floor. I begin telling the story about how Jinyoung confessed when I see Jinyoung and Myungsoo go into another room. What are they talking about? I saw them slightly talking to each other at the school, are they discussing something? Are they talking about Sungyeol?

I don’t think twice about it, though, because Gongchan and Sungjong are intent on knowing what happens now in the story after I told them about Jinyoung and I going to the park. “So he took you to the park without confessing yet,” Sungjong says.

“I didn’t get there yet,” I tell them both. Woohyun and Dongwoo are slightly listening to the story while Sunggyu and Hoya are off getting some food with Baro, Sandeul, and Shinwoo.

Yes, it definitely feels like old times, but if only Sungyeol were without doing what he did, only then would it be complete.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

“What did you want to talk to me about this time?” I complain as Myungsoo drags me into my bedroom.

“We’re going to throw a party for you and Marisa.”

“I don’t think that that’s something you should be telling me.”

“I’m not supposed to, but I was just thinking, do you want to do something for her? We can hold like a graduation party and make it subtly about you and Marisa at the same time. We can make it like the press conference and invite everyone.”

“And Marisa and I can announce our relationship,” I say finishing the sentence.

“Bingo,” Myungsoo says.

“Sure,” I say. “There are a couple of songs that I know that I think would be perfect for doing that. When are you planning on having it?”

“The day you graduate,” Myungsoo calmly replies. “I’ll talk it over with the guys. Now it’ll turn into like a surprise party for Marisa.”

“Okay,” I say with a smile slowly spreading across my face. I think it would be a good thing to do something like this for Marisa.

Myungsoo and I make our way back out into the living room when we hear a knock on the door.

“It’s probably them with the food,” Dongwoo says getting up to get it, but when he opens the door, his body language tells otherwise.

Everyone turns to look at the door and my jaw especially drops.

“Hey,” Sungyeol says looking at all of us. Thankfully Seohyun is not next to him or I would’ve fainted right then and there. I don’t know what Marisa would’ve done. “Can I speak with Marisa?”

We all turn our heads and look at Marisa who just keeps looking at Sungyeol. I can’t see anger, fear, sadness, or happiness in her eyes. It just looks like she’s expressionless. Is Sungyeol now worth nothing in her eyes?

“So,” Sungyeol repeats, “Marisa, can I talk with you for a minute?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Write this later :D

 

It's later now :D Soooo

 

What does Sungyeol want to talk to Marisa about? How is Jinyoung going to show everyone his true feelings for Marisa? What is going to happen once they all graduate? (A Sequel!) Why is Seohyun sort of being nice to Myungsoo?

 

Vote in the poll to help determine how the sequel is going to go! :D

 

 

 

 

So another chapter is finished, Chapter 23. Hope you enjoyed :D

There may be about 2 or 3 chapters left before this story wraps up and the sequel starts. Any title suggestions for the sequel?