The Bold Confession

The Beautiful Mistake

Marisa’s POV

I look at the rest of the B1A4 members and they’re just staring at me with the mention of Jinyoung’s name.

“Hello?” Jinyoung asks hearing silence on the other line. “Marisa?”

“Yes?” I ask.

I hear him sigh and take a deep breath. “I’m glad that you’re okay.”

“If you’re so glad then why haven’t you visited me once since I woke up?” I ask him. “Have you visited me at all after the accident?” I can feel the anger rising in my voice. After everything that Jinyoung and I went through, he can’t even face me anymore? What’s going on with him? I haven’t seen him in the longest time. In all honesty, I’m kind of missing him.

Instead of saying something, though, he stays silent. I hear him breathe in and out a couple of times before he actually starts to speak again. “Marisa, I think we should come clean about our break up,” he finally says. “I think we should come clean about our relationship being fake.”

“Eh?” I ask. I can’t believe what he’s saying. No one suspects anything about our relationship being fake, yet he wants to tell everyone? What has gotten into him? Has the accident messed with his brain? He’s telling me that he wants to tell everyone that we’re broken up and that our relationship was fake. I can handle the fact that he wants to tell everyone we’re broken up because if I get seen with Sungyeol, then it’ll mean something bad about Sungyeol, and possibly me. The breakup would make Sungyeol’s and my relationship better and smoother for when we want to go on dates and outings. It’s the announcing that it was fake part that I don’t really get.

“I want to announce—”

“I know what you want to announce,” I say cutting him off. “I just don’t get why. Why do you want to announce that it was fake? To me that’s the most random part.”

“I’m sorry,” Jinyoung says. “I can’t explain it right now. Maybe another time, okay?” Before I even get the chance to respond, he hangs up the phone.

“What was that all about?” Sandeul asks looking at me.

“Jinyoung wants to announce our breakup,” I start out, “and he wants to say that our relationship was fake.”

Somehow, the rest of the members reactions aren’t what I expected them to be. I expected some freaking out and questioning like I am right now, but maybe they’re going to confront him about the whole situation since they do live in the same dorm. I’m just extremely confused as to what’s going through his mind. The members, however, seem more on the relaxed side, like they sort of expected this to happen. Why?

“What’s going on?” I finally ask. “You guys don’t look surprised at this. Is there something going on that I should know about?”

“No, there’s nothing,” Baro says looking at me and then the rest of s. “We’re just all wondering why he would want to do such a thing.”

“I’m wondering how to ask him when we get back to the dorm,” Gongchan says.

I just stare at them. There’s really nothing that I can do or say about this whole situation. Everything’s just changed ever since I woke up, what happened while I was unconscious? It seems as though the whole world just flipped upside down.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I stare at my phone. There’s absolutely no way that I can announce that Marisa and I are broken up and that our relationship was fake and I absolutely can’t announce that Seohyun and I are a couple.

I lie on my bed in the dorm and stare at the bunk above me. Lately I don’t feel like doing anything, everything just bores me. It’s like by dating Seohyun, I’ve completely changed once again. Marisa changed me once and Seohyun is changing me again. Is that good or bad?

Ever since I dropped Seohyun off at her house, a task which she forces me to do every time by practically dragging me there, she keeps blowing up my phone with random text messages about how she misses me and what she’s doing at the current moment prompting me to turn my phone on silent. If I had the power to block her number from my phone I’d surely do it in an instant.

But then that wouldn’t be the signs of a good boyfriend, right? I don’t know how to be a good boyfriend when the person I’m dating isn’t someone that I like. How does someone go about that?

Everything that I planned for Marisa for Christmas is ruined because of Seohyun. That’s when I see a video camera over in the corner of our dorm. I forgot that I even had the thing. I walk over to it and pick it up along with one of the empty DVDs that are in the bag with it. If I’m not able to show Marisa what I can do for her in person, I’m going to record it for her. I’m going to get all of my emotions out in front of the video camera instead of feeling embarrassed in front of her because of all of the wrongdoings that I do.

I sit the video camera in front of me, but not before I grab my guitar and sit it on my lap. I’ll make sure to edit this video later.

I press the record button and just stare at it for a moment collecting my thoughts. “Hello, Marisa,” I start out. I already feel awkward, but I have to do this. “It’s Jung Jinyoung, although you probably already knew that.” After I say it, I realize that it already sounds lame, but I’m going to continue. “I’m a coward,” I confess. “I can’t say the most important words face to face, I can only do them like this, I’m sorry.

“I woke up before you in the hospital after the accident. Once I was able to walk around the hospital, I visited you ever day. I stayed by your side and watched over you while Sungyeol and the other members were on their schedule or at school. There, I confessed words to you again, but you weren’t able to hear me. I’ll say them to you again now, through this video.” I take a deep breath. “I’m sorry,” I begin once again for the second time. “I’m sorry for being a horrible boyfriend, I’m sorry for putting you in a relationship that you didn’t want, I’m sorry for hurting you, I’m sorry for neglecting you.”

As I start listing off things, more just start coming out making the list longer and longer. “And,” I say finally reaching my last point. “I’m sorry for liking you.” I look down at my fingers and my guitar as I feel tears start welling in my eyes. “Do you hear me Marisa? I like you. I like you so much that my heart hurts, but you’re with Sungyeol,” I add quietly. “You’re with him and I can’t interfere with your relationship, that would just make me a bad person. I’m keeping these feelings bottled up inside so much that I’m about to explode. I tried giving up on you, I tried moving on, but I found that I’m unable to. I can’t ever forget you, Marisa, not even if you never take me back.” I stare at the camera and I can’t believe that I’m recording myself saying all of these things. If the members saw me now, they would think that I’m crazy or that I’m talking to myself.

“I guess you’re wondering why I have my guitar, right? Well, Christmas is soon, it’s December 23. I was planning on doing something nice for you for Christmas to make it up for being a horrible boyfriend, but circumstances happened and now we’re stuck in this situation. So let’s imagine that it’s only me and you and this is your Christmas gift,” I say. “Marisa, Merry Christmas.” I take out my guitar and start playing.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

“Did you get Marisa anything for Christmas?” I ask Sungyeol.

“Not yet. I’ve been spending countless hours thinking about it, but every time I try to think of something good to get her, nothing seems to come out right. What do you think I should get her?”

I shrug my shoulders. “Not sure.”

“I was thinking about a necklace or a bracelet or something. What do normal couples get each other for their first Christmas?”

“A bracelet or necklace would be good,” I say thinking it over. “It’s simple, easy, and it clearly shows your affection for her, given what charm you put on.”

“It does,” Sungyeol says thinking about it.

Silence falls between us. “What do you think would happen if Marisa saw the article about Jinyoung-hyung and Seohyun?” I ask.

“I don’t know. She won’t leave me, right?” Sungyeol asks reassuring.

“I’m sure she won’t,” I say, but something etches at the back of my mind that I can’t identify. “She likes you. I see the way that she looks at you. Don’t worry about anything,” I say putting my arm around him.

“But, Hyung,” Sungjong says turning around in his seat. “Why did Jinyoung-hyung decide to go out with Seohyun-noona anyway?”

“Yeah, it does seem strange,” Sungyeol chimes in. “I mean, it was just like random. Before his discharge from the hospital he says that he’s dating her, but he doesn’t tell us a reason why.”

I look at the both of them. I guess it would be a good idea to at least say something, but maybe what they don’t know won’t hurt them. Jinyoung is still one of my best friends, even if we are on the rocks right now; I want to protect both of them.

In the end, I just shrug my shoulders. “I don’t know what’s going through his head right now. Maybe his head injury jolted his brain a little.”

“Maybe,” Sungjong says. “But I thought that you guys didn’t like her in the beginning. So why the sudden change of heart?”

“You know how Jinyoung-hyung likes to give everyone the benefit of the doubt,” I explain to Sungjong. Sungjong nods his head. “Maybe he wants to prove to all of us that Seohyun isn’t as bad as we all think she is.”

For the rest of the ride, we just stare at each other not really saying anything. All of us are thinking about the same thing, but taking a different approach, maybe. Either that or Sungyeol’s thinking about what to get Marisa for Christmas again and Sungjong is thinking about why Jinyoung’s dating Seohyun or the good points of Seohyun that Jinyoung wants to bring out. I’m thinking about how to clean up this whole mess.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I finish recording and editing the DVD that I’m going to give to Marisa. In reality, I didn’t edit that much of it. I thought that maybe she should see the awkwardness that I’m feeling because then it would convey the truthfulness that I’m afraid to tell her.

I stare at the finish product in my hand, the only thing to do now is to give it to her, but I’m not going to see her for Christmas and I’m probably not going to see her for a very long time. She’ll stay mad at me forever because of the announcement, but if I’m going to give her a peaceful life, I have to give her the announcement. It’s not really something that I want to do, it’s just something that I’m being forced to do.

I sit the DVD on my bed and attempt to hide it because I hear the members come in. The four of them don’t really talk to me much anymore, we just say a couple of things when we’re alone and even less when there’s other people around.

The air is tense as I walk out into the main living room. “Hey, hyung,” Gongchan says eyeing me suspiciously. “What was up with that phone call to Marisa?”

I look at them, did they hear it? Were they in the room with Marisa at the time? Did she tell them? “Oh,” I say just looking at them. “That.”

“Ya, don’t ignore us,” Sandeul says going right up to him. “Why do you want to announce your break up? Is it to announce your relationship with Seohyun?”

I look at the other members; they can’t know that I’m doing it to give Marisa a good life with Sungyeol. If they knew that, they would surely have my head and attempt to free me from Seohyun, but that’ll just make our life worse. It’ll make everyone’s life worse if that happens.

Slowly, I nod my head yes. “Yes, it’s so Seohyun and I can go out casually and then that way Sungyeol and Marisa can casually go out.”

“We get that reason,” Baro says, “but why announce that it’s fake?”

I think of a way to form my answer that wouldn’t make it seem as though I’m dating Seohyun to save Marisa and Sungyeol when my phone rings.

“Jinyoungie-oppa,” Seohyun says on the other line. I suddenly stiffen at the sound of her voice. I wonder if the members notice something different, I have to try to act more natural. “Have you seen the article?”

“Article?” I ask suddenly confused.

“It’s online, there’s an article about me spending the afternoon with you,” she explains.

I go into my room and grab my laptop, bringing it back out into the living room. I quickly go to a website with the article and scan over it. I can’t believe that there’s already an article about my supposed relationship with Seohyun. I told Seohyun when we were out that people were taking pictures. This can’t be good, there’s no way that this article can be good.

A million questions start circling around my head. Has Marisa seen the article yet? Have the other members seen the article? What do they think of it? Do they just not care about it?

“Looks like we’re going to have to announce our relationship and your breakup now,” Seohyun says. The way she says it has got me concerned, though.

“Whatever,” I say and hang up the phone. I didn’t want to be mean, but in these situations I have to. Ever since she mentioned it on our walk, she’s been saying it nonstop. It’s like she wants me to do it for some strange reason, but I don’t know why. It’s like she’s completely becoming a different person ever since she got her wish and is dating me. Did I make the wrong decision?

I look at the rest of the members standing there. “How long has this article been out?” I ask.

“Since earlier, when we were at the hospital,” Shinwoo explains. “All of the members saw it, if that’s what you’re getting at.”

“Did Marisa see it?” I manage to ask, my voice barely above a whisper.

“She didn’t see it,” Gongchan says. I breathe a sign of relief. “Yet.”

“Yet?” I ask.

“We have no control over what’s going to go on tomorrow during the party. She may see it or she may not,” Sandeul says. “Only time will tell.”

I stare at them and hope that she doesn’t see the article. I don’t want her to know that I ever got myself involved in a relationship with Seohyun. She can’t find out about the relationship and the reason why.

 

Marisa’s POV

“Merry Christmas,” everyone says as they walk into the room. They’re holding a various assortment of bags.

“Um, it’s Christmas Eve,” I correct them.

“It doesn’t matter,” Sungjong says coming over and sitting on the bed. “We’re doing two Christmases this year, one today and the other tomorrow. You’re going to get two times the presents!” He lifts his hands up over his head and wraps me into a big hug.

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing with my girlfriend?” Sungyeol asks with a smile on his face.

“I was hugging her, hyung,” Sungjong says with an attempt to act cute.

“Yeah, yeah, of course you were,” Sungyeol says sitting on the other side of me. “How are you today?” he asks kissing my forehead.

“I’m good, what about you?” I ask.

“Good, these guys over here were excited about coming over today.” Sungyeol points over in the direction of Woohyun, Hoya, and Dongwoo who are distributing hats and reindeer antlers to everyone.

“What are they doing?” I ask with a gentle laugh.

“Who knows,” he says laughing with me.

I move over a bit in the bed and Sungyeol sits right next to me with his arm around my shoulder. We stay like that until the members of B1A4 come in. “Hey oppas,” I say greeting them all. Like always, Jinyoung isn’t with them.

“Hey Marisa,” they all say as they come and greet me.

“Hey,” Dongwoo says, “let’s turn on the television. Maybe we can find some Christmas music.”

Dongwoo grabs the remote to turn on the television and the first sentence I that I hear sparks my attention. “Jung Jinyoung is holding a press conference today to address the relationship rumors,” the announcer says.

The room suddenly turns quiet and everyone looks at each other. It seems as though everyone is hearing this for the first time, including everyone in B1A4. I don’t know why he wouldn’t tell his own group mates.

I look at the television intently. There’s no possible way, he can’t be doing this. Jinyoung can’t be saying that our relationship was imaginary. I’m okay with him saying that we broke up, but him saying that we weren’t really going out I’m not okay with.

“Now,” the announcer says, “here is Jung Jinyoung, leader of B1A4.”

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I stare at all of the cameras facing me, taking pictures of this moment and recording it. As far as I know, Marisa wouldn’t be watching now. She’s having the party with the rest of the members, they aren’t going to be watching television so now seems like the perfect time to say it. If I want to protect the person I really like, I have to announce and confess to everything. The agency said that it’s my decision, that I can do what I want after I explained to them the whole story.

“Hello,” I say bowing and greeting everyone. “I’m Jung Jinyoung, leader of B1A4.”

“We will now start the questionnaire,” the emcee says, or rather the person in charge. I’m not sure how to address them.

“Have you and Marisa broken up?” a first reporter asks.

This was the question that I was kind of dreading the most. I don’t want to announce that we are, but we are, there’s no reason in hiding it now. Slowly, I nod my head yes. “Marisa and I have broken up.”

“Is it because of announcing your relationship public?” another reporter asks.

“No,” I say. “We have simply drifted apart from one another because of my schedule and not being able to see each other often. It is not because we made the public announcement.”

“There was previous speculation that your relationship with Marisa was a cover up for a girl by the name of Seohyun. Is that true?”

“That is not true,” I say shaking my head. “I was simply just seen with Seohyun on those occasions. Marisa and I were dating at that particular point.”

“What about the recent photos? Is Seohyun your girlfriend now?”

Actually, this is the question that I was dreading the most. I have to admit it, she’s watching, looking on with her hawk eyes and if I don’t, she’ll definitely get me.

With a heavy heart I struggle to say the words. It seems like my mouth doesn’t want to move, my mouth doesn’t want to admit anything that’s not true. “Seohyun,” I begin, “Seohyun is my new girlfriend.”

I look at them while a million more hands go up asking questions. I don’t know how I’m going to survive.

 

Marisa’s POV

I listen to him as he announces our breakup and clears up misunderstandings about Seohyun. I was prepared for all of that. I wasn’t prepared for him telling everyone that he’s dating Seohyun. Since when did he like her?

The members of both groups have gone incredibly quiet. Somehow, I feel heartbroken. Just by that one sentence, it feels like the world around me is breaking apart. I look at Sungyeol and he looks just as confused.

“Did you guys know?” I ask them. Silence engulfs the room. They knew, the silence explains it all. “You guys knew,” I say in disbelief.

“You knew?” Sungyeol asks looking at everyone. He looks down at me. “I didn’t know, I really didn’t know.”

“Sorry, Marisa,” Gongchan says. “We all wanted to protect you.”

“We didn’t want you to be hurt,” Sungjong says.

“But why?” I ask. “Why would he date the one person that annoys him the most?”

“We don’t know either,” Hoya chimes in. “He just suddenly said that he’s dating her one day to us.”

“So that’s why he distanced himself,” I say. The pieces are all fitting together. I finally get it.

My world feels like it’s falling apart. I hug closer to Sungyeol who hugs me even tighter. “Don’t worry about him,” he whispers to me. “He’s in the past, okay? I’ll protect you. I promise I’ll protect you, Marisa.”

 

Myungsoo’s POV

While everyone is comforting Marisa, I can’t pull my eyes away from the television. Why is Jinyoung announcing their relationship? Is it part of a plan to somehow save them by saying that they’re actually dating? I don’t understand this kid anymore.

“How long have you and Seohyun been going out?” I hear a reporter ask on the television.

“For about two weeks,” Jinyoung responds, “please look after us well.”

“Was Seohyun the cause of your and Marisa’s breakup?”

“No,” Jinyoung says, “like I stated previously, we just drifted apart. The media and Seohyun had nothing to do with it.”

“Previously with Marisa you never really were caught going on dates or anything, why was that?”

I watch Jinyoung as he attempts to make up an answer, but I can’t believe what comes out of his mouth next. “Marisa and my relationship,” he begins, “it wasn’t real.”

I have to have a serious talk with this kid.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter is finished :D

So now Marisa knows of Seohyun and Jinyoung's relationship, what is going to happen to Marisa and Jinyoung's friendship? How is Myungsoo going to confront Jinyoung? What about the video that Jinyoung made for Marisa, what ever happened to it? Is he planning on keeping it a secret forever? Seohyun got her wish from Jinyoung, will she want another one?

 

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed :)