07

Our History

 

A/N: Hello people! Here's another chapter. It's divided into 2 parts, here's the 1st. So~ comment and subscribe - tell me what you think. This chapter's dedicated to you lovely people who posted up the heart-warming comments~~ So, onto the story! Enjoy~ ^^v

13th January, 2010

 

About 9 months later…

Every day was both exhausting and memorable for the now 17-year-old Park Chanyeol. He bonded well with all s and not a day passed by without a smile accompanying the boy home. Out of all the members, Chanyeol became particularly close with Wu Yi Fan other than his partner-in-crime Byun Baekhyun. The attraction was there but the boy was too naïve to recognise it.  

Cho Han-Ah was tremendously concerned for her child’s health. Chanyeol’s weak body was pushed to almost its limits and she could see the fatigue signs on her son’s appearance. Despite Chanyeol’s happy demeanour, Han-Ah saw how tired he actually was. Done with dinner and bath, the boy would drag his feet up to his bedroom and was out in a matter of seconds. His body was more honest than his face. Chanyeol also had to wake up early day by day to finish up his homework he didn’t get to do at night, before dashing off to school. Juggling his schedule as a student and a trainee never really bothered the strong-willed boy, he said so himself.

The only way Han-Ah could offer aid to her child was by reminding him to take his medicines and serving him nutritional food. Sometimes, after coming home from her doctor shifts, Han-Ah would watch the boy in his sleep and her son’s long black hair.

A mother’s love – for eternity.

 

 


 

On the way home

Chanyeol bit his lips. Cold sweat trickled down his temple. He clutched his stomach; squeezing the grey fabric of his sweater. He breathed deeply and exhaled through his mouth – harsh. He stopped walking for a while before continuing in his track home.

It was his time of the month and it was more painful than the others. He completely forgot that today would be the start of his next cycle. Guess all the intense training and schoolwork made him ignorant of his calendar. Now, he suffered the consequences. His pills were at home – he never really brought them anywhere. He always ate them before the cramp started.

Chanyeol forced his feet to move quickly but they felt really heavy and through his teary eyes, he tried to think of something else. Let his mind wandered to somewhere happy where he would forget about his pain.

Yi Fan…

The name whispered lightly against Chanyeol’s ears and automatically, his friend was all he could focus onto. There was something about him that made Chanyeol really wanted to be with him.

Wanted to feel protected by him

Being with Yi Fan, Chanyeol felt everything in life was simple – as simple as ABC. Yi Fan was like the big hyung to not only him but to all the members. His outgoing and easy persona made people easily depend on him. The man had a very good communication skills and was a natural-born leader.  

In his slightly dazed state, Chanyeol saw Yi Fan tying his long hair.

Saw him dancing to the song with their instructor up front. Since both of them are taller than all the others, they were always put side by side at the very back of the group.

Chanyeol saw the man teaching him singing and rapping in English. Despite having American-Korean family members, English was not the language his parents brought him up with.

He saw Yi Fan eating silently beside him during their break.

Why of all the things he could imagine…he imagined Yi Fan?

It was at that time, Chanyeol realised…

 

He liked Yi Fan.

 

Chanyeol didn’t remember when he had pushed his house gate’s intercom or when he pushed the front door opened after struggling with his house keys or when he stepped in into the peaceful house. Thoughts like wanting to sleep, desire to see the one who’d been running in his mind and thoughts of feeling guilty towards his husband jumbled up in his mind. The last thing he heard was a panicked scream before he succumbed into the silent darkness.

“CHANYEOL-AH!”

 


 

16th January, 2010

SM Entertainment Building

Studio Room 12

Time: 19.01

 

            The 8 boys sitting on the floor watched silently as the tallest member paced the polished floor. It was too tense and no one really had the courage to come up to the frowning man to stop him from breaking the floorboard.

Wu Yi Fan was too absorbed in his worry world that he didn’t even realise the 8 pairs of curious stare thrown his way. One of them in particular was actually confused as to why the tall rapper was behaving that way. He was a new member, being put into the idols-in-training group just two days before. He was one of those lucky people who got into SM and instantly heading towards the idol life. Yeah, that kind of lucky people apparently existed. He turned towards the person sitting next to him and quietly asked.

“Baekhyun-ah, what’s wrong with Yi Fan hyung?” he asked.

Baekhyun gave him a black stare then blinked when the question registered into his mind. He apologised for his short airhead moment.

“Oh, he’s probably worrying about Chanyeol,” Baekhyun sighed. He sounded worried himself. Worried and tired.

The new guy, Jongdae nodded. “That’s the other trainee, right? The one’s not here for 3 days?”

Baekhyun nodded again. “He’s been sick, got hospitalised and Yi Fan can’t find the time to visit. We all can’t. The hospital doesn’t allow visiting after midnight. It can’t be helped our training usually finishes around 3-ish.”

Jongdae only nodded and felt pity for the member he hadn’t met yet. His lashes casted long shadows across his high cheekbones. He heard Baekhyun exhaled and they both continued to follow Wu Yi Fan’s long legs lapping that one corner of the room near the door.

All of a sudden, the Chinese lad stopped, ran a hand across his long hair and exited the room. Slowly, the room was filled with soft chatters. Some questioned where on earth Wu Yi Fan ran off too; some were still worrying about Chanyeol’s health while some members like Baekhyun were glad Yi Fan was out. The man really knew how to affect people with his actions alone.

“Well, we can only pray that our Chanyeol will be here soon. Yi Fan’s being a worrywart is not exactly bearable to see. He worries too much,” Baekhyun said and lowered his body onto the floor, putting his folded arms under his head and closed his eyes.

 


Determination flared up in his eyes. No matter what, he was going to visit him. It had been so long since he last seen the boy (this was all in his mind – he saw Chanyeol 4 days before). When he was with the boy, he seemed fine to Yi Fan; all smiling and blushing over small matters.

‘Hey, hyung! ^^ I won’t be able to practice =’( . I dunno till when…I’m in the hospital again, hahahaha. Don’t worry tho, I’ll be back as soon as the nurses let me up =D’ –Chanyeol

That text message almost made him lost his grip on his phone. How bad was his condition that Chanyeol had to be hospitalised? The word ‘again’ made his heart constricted. He could only imagine how many times the boy’s been visiting the hospital. His phone beeped again signalling another text message coming in.

‘Hyung! Don’t frown too much! (I know u r doing it right now! XP). It’s just anaemia, I’ll be better after some rest.’ –Chanyeol

‘Tell me where u r, Chanyeol-ah’ –Yi Fan

‘Park MI. Waeyo? U coming here? Andwae, don’t skip training, hyung!’ –Chanyeol

‘I’ll be fine’ –Chanyeol

I’ll be fine…

Oh, Chanyeol was probably fine alright. It was Yi Fan who felt like something heavy was placed onto his heart. No matter how many times Chanyeol said to not skip training, he planned to ditch anyway. That day. He felt restless not seeing Chanyeol, not talking to Chanyeol.

So here he was, hailing a cab and on his way to see the boy. His fingers came up to play with his wedding ring along the way. The ride felt like an eternity with him fidgeting in his seat.

 


 

Park Medical Institute, Seoul

Time: 21.22

 

Standing in front of room numbered 322, Yi Fan suddenly hesitated. What if he didn’t like what he’d see once he pushed the door open? What if Chanyeol didn’t want him there? He did come unannounced.

When he arrived at the hospital, Yi Fan was practically flying towards the reception desk. He didn’t have much time. He craved for Chanyeol’s presence. The receptionist smiled up to Wu Yi Fan.

“How may I help you, sir?” she asked politely with a warm, sincere smile. There were not that many people walking in the hallway. There were only patients with their white scrubs or nurses with theirs’ – blue in colour.   

“Park Chanyeol, please,” he said almost breathless.

She nodded. “Just wait for a moment.” Her hands gracefully flew across her computer’s keyboard. The only sounds were the fast click-clacking and the humming of the air-conditioner above Yi Fan.

“Park Chanyeol-sshi…Room 322, 3rd floor, sir”

Yi Fan bowed his gratitude and immediately looked for an elevator. To his luck, one had just opened and Yi Fan swiftly entered and jabbed onto the ‘3’ button.

Now, Yi Fan sighed again. In front of the very room containing Chanyeol. In the end, after a very long debate in his mind, he knocked twice and turned the knob.

Peeking inside, Yi Fan was breathless. On the hospital bed laid a sleeping beauty in all white. Pure and undisturbed.

“Beautiful…” Yi Fan’s smooth baritone whispered.

 

He was lured into the angel’s spell

To be continued...

A/N 2: Here it is. I introduced Kim Jongdae (Chen) into my fic ^^

Important note: Concerning Chanyeol's condition - he's born with pseudohermaphroditism. In Chanyeol's case, he's a male pseudohermaphrodite where physically he possess male s. In my story I made him able to carry children. You can also googled up the condition if you wanna know ^^, I'll update soon~~