04

Our History

 

March 29th, 2009

SM Entertainment Building

Studio Room 6

 

3 boys were leisurely sitting on the polished floor on one side of the room. It was like watching children sitting in a circle. Currently, they were whispering gossips and rumours they heard from the staffs.

“Really, hyung?” one of the boys widened his eyes. He dramatically palmed his cheeks and gasped.

“Shush, Baekhyun-ah!” the other one who looked a bit like Super Junior’s Choi Siwon glared at him.

Baekhyun smiled sheepishly, his rabbit teeth showing. Chanyeol, who was sitting next to the boy giggled.

“Mianhae, hyung,” Baekhyun apologised for the sake of it and when the older boy turned his face away from him, Baekhyun stuck his tongue out and crossed his eyes. Chanyeol let out a hearty laugh. His friend had always been quite the joker of the group.

Unfortunately for Baekhyun, the older boy, Joonmyun saw it and immediately smacked his head for it. Baekhyun cried out in pain while Chanyeol was already howling with laughter, rolling on the floor.  

  Just then, the studio’s door opened and in walked another 2 boys bringing plastic bags with food in it. Chanyeol turned his head towards the two when he smelled jajangmyun. Instantly, a bright smile lit up his face; not just from the food but also from the smile on the face of one of the boys.

“Oh, food’s here!” Baekhyun yelled, getting up quickly while swatting away Joonmyun’s hands away from his head. The poor boy nearly tripped on his foot in his hurry to get away from the angry Joonmyun.

A plastic bag was snatched away from one of the newcomers, and an annoyed ‘Hey!’ followed. With food in his hands, the hyper Baekhyun sat crossed-legged on the floor and happily uncovered his portion. Both Joonmyun and Chanyeol followed.

Just then, Chanyeol felt a presence on his right. He looked up and saw one of his best friends smiling at him with chopsticks in his hand.

“Hey,” Chanyeol greeted, about to shove the noodles into his mouth.

“Hey, hyung,” the boy’s husky tenor voice replied while setting his recyclable plate down onto the floor and took a seat beside Chanyeol.

In a comfortable silence, the two ate happily. Just then, realising there was no drink for him, Chanyeol got up and turned to the guy next to him.

“Jongin-ah, you want anything? I’m going to get some drinks,” Chanyeol spoke. The busy boy looked up and nodded.

“I want some banana milk, hyung,” the boy smiled. A little bit of the black bean sauce had gotten smeared onto the boy’s cheek.

“Arasso”  

Jongin had started drinking banana milk when he became friends SHINee Taemin. Guess the other boy’s addiction to that particular drink had gotten into Jongin.

  With that, Chanyeol went out of the studio and walked down the hall to the vending machine near studio room 14. The one just outside their practice room was broken so Chanyeol had to walk down there to get some drinks. He had only been there once and he felt awkward using it. It was that feeling when you were doing something familiar on a strange place and you got that insecure feeling. Yeah, something like that.

When he got there, there was no one around and he figured no one would see him. Inserting some 500 won into the machine, the 16-year old pressed the buttons displaying green tea and banana milk.

Withdrawing his hand, the silver ring on his ring finger glinted under the light. His hand stopped mid-air and he stared at it.

His wedding ring.

Chanyeol his wedding band lovingly and his pouty cherry lips curved into a soft smile.   He wondered if his faceless husband even remembered he was married like he did. Even though they have never met, Chanyeol had cultivated a sense of respect towards his spouse. He sighed. Dismissing his thoughts with a grin, Chanyeol reached into the drink box and took out his drinks.

Instead of seeing a green tea can, there was a coke in his hand. Chanyeol frowned.

“Did I click the wrong button?” he murmured. He was sure he clicked the right icon. Now, this was strange…

“Emmm, that would be mine...”

A husky baritone suddenly said and surprised the young boy. Whipping his head to his back out of fear, Chanyeol almost lost his voice.

“O sesang-e!” the shocked boy spluttered out. Thank god he saw a person, not a ghost, “You scared me!”

Chanyeol rubbed his chest to calm his racing heartbeat. He gulped and extended the coke towards the silent stranger - not talking, fearing his voice would still be shaky.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you,” the man said. His large yet slender hand took the drink out of Chanyeol’s smaller one. His rich baritone had a calming effect on Chanyeol.

“I thought you heard me, sorry again.”  

“It’s okay,” Chanyeol finally looked up to the other’s face and stared.

He was awed - tongue-tied.

The male was taller than him with what Chanyeol could describe as a perfect face. His eyes traced the male’s eyebrows with his big brown eyes, his perfectly shaped nose, his high cheekbones and his cute lips – everything just attracted Chanyeol, even the man’s tied long hair.

The other male seemed to be the exact mirror of him. No one knew how long the two stood immobile getting lost in each other’s eyes.

It wasn’t until a door opened behind the man and music blasted out from it that Chanyeol snapped out of his reverie. He blinked and immediately felt his face getting warmer.

“I…” was what he could only manage out of his pink lips.

“Emmm…” the taller guy mumbled, “I should probably go now...”

“Yeah…”

The taller stranger cleared his throat and nodded. He turned around but stopped and looked back at the still dumbfounded Chanyeol.

“Sorry again, pretty!” he said and grinned a charming smile that made Chanyeol’s cheeks grew hotter again.

Before Chanyeol could retort, the lanky man had already disappeared behind the door – studio room 14.

“Pretty! What pretty?! I should be handsome!” Chanyeol grumbled but he couldn’t stop himself from beaming like a madman.

The guy probably thought he was a very tall girl with his baggy shirt, skinny jeans over his slim legs and his soft voice. Adding to that, his hair had reached his collarbone – he had no time to date a barber. It was fine for him; it was not the first time his gender was mistaken.  

In his heart, Chanyeol wished he could meet that tall, cool and handsome man again. However, the fact that he was married came up to his mind again and Chanyeol sighed, feeling slightly saddened. He shouldn’t be dreaming of another guy when he belonged to one - legally.

Turning around, Chanyeol took his and Jongin’s drinks out and hurriedly went back to his own practice room. Break was almost over and Jongin would be whining for his banana milk.

            How he secretly wished to see the other man again – a glance would suffice.

            Wait…he didn’t even know the charming guy’s name!

 

            Chaos was the perfect term.

 

A/N: Hi! I updated and hope you like it! <--- I've been repeating this phrase since yesterday, hahaha. For the sake of the story, I made Chanyeol an only child. Enjoy~ <3 Amber ^^