21

Our History

 

 

A/N: One..of..the..hardest..chap..to..write.... =.=" Sorry, dear lovely readers. I hope even though the chap is kinda crappy to me, you guys will still enjoy it +.+  So sorry again! 

 



 

 

Lee Soo-Man’s office

“We are married,” Kris spoke. His deep voice sounded stern and final. Chanyeol was still praying for the best for them both. The two other occupants in the room eyed the tall Canadian with a mixture of amusement, disbelief and anger thrown in together.

“Don’t bluff, boy,” Sohn Eun-Mi scoffed. She crossed her arms in an attempt to make herself more intimidating. “This is not the time to be funny, Wu Yi Fan-sshi.”

“No…we’re telling the truth,” Chanyeol finally looked up to Soo-Man’s eyes, pleading him to trust him.

“That’s not even possible! Our country’s law-“

“We married under my country’s law,” Kris crossed her. Seriously, this was a matter of significance, why would she take this as a joke?

“Really now? Chanyeol is still a Korean citizen, there’s no way-“

“No, he shares my citizenship,” Kris interrupted again.

“The process is a long one and don’t interrupt me this time, Wu-sshi but by law, Chanyeol-sshi is still under Korean citizenship. Let’s just say, you two are really married…you still have a lot procedures to follow!”

“Yes,” Kris agreed with her. An arrogant look crossed her face with the unspoken challenge…

What are you going to say now?

“You are right, Sohn-sshi,” Kris began diplomatically. He was an heir of W. Corp, a man born in a business world – he was bound to have impressive negotiation skills. And his ego would not let him be mocked by the unrelenting woman.

“But we are married 2 years ago.”

The reaction was quite predictable.

“WHAT?” Sohn Eun-Mi shouted. Her shrill voice made the married couple winced. Kris didn’t like the sound while Chanyeol was surprised. Thankfully, the big boss’s office was heavily carpeted and was almost soundproof.

“You two are taking this joke way too far, Yi Fan-sshi!”

“But we are not!” Chanyeol insisted.

“I can show you our marriage certificate if you want,” Kris deadpanned. He never really liked dealing with people who were as stubbornly persistent of something they thought they were superior in. In this case; Sohn Eun-Mi might just be in that usually black list of Kris Wu Yi Fan.

“Show us,” she demanded.

Chanyeol let go of Kris’s hand as his husband took out his wallet.

“You keep it with you?” Chanyeol breathed in a tiny surprise.

Kris smiled towards his adorable wife, “Yeah.”

“Eomma kept my copy,” Chanyeol mumbled as he lowered his head again. A soft smile played on his pouty cherry lips. He eyed his silver wedding band and had never been more proud of it when he saw its other half adorning Kris’s long ring finger.

Kris unfolded the piece of paper carefully and politely handed it to Soo-Man. The elder took it and briefly analysed it. His secretary was by his side as they scanned the official paper. Sohn Eun-Mi was about to speak when the CEO held up his hand.

“It seemed to me that you are not lying but how is this possible?” Soo-Man asked. His deep voice still sounded intimidating but it was fatherly.

“It’s kinda…a long story?” Chanyeol voiced out. He knew from the sunbaeduel that he had he asked that Lee Soo-Man was only scary on the surface – he was actually an understanding owner of SM Entertainment. He might not show it but people could sense it.

“By all means, do tell, we can listen,” Soo-Man gestured. He rested his back on his leather chair. He folded his arms on his lap as he listened to the boys intently.

~~~

“So…you’re saying that you’ve been married for 2 years, it’s an arranged marriage by your parents, and you’ve never known you’re married to each other until yesterday, correct?”

“Yes,” Kris and Chanyeol nodded docilely.

“Don’t-“

“Let them breathe for a bit, Eun-Mi-sshi,” Soo-Man’s deep voice instructed. The lady gritted her teeth and Kris was enjoying every moment of dissatisfaction of the stubborn woman.

“So…why the marriage between you two?” Soo-Man asked curiously. This case was extremely unusual. Unless…they belonged to the corporate world.

“Yi Fan’s family is my family’s business partner. Our marriage is for the merging of W. Corp and my family’s hospital,” Chanyeol awkwardly explained. They had never been posed such questions before.

A moment of silence rang until Sohn Eun-Mi spoke.

“This is impossible!” She widened her eyes.

Kris felt a vein popped on his forehead. Why couldn’t she get it that they were not lying?

“Sohn-sshi…” Kris honestly wanted to knock her head with something. Before he could even say something more, the wide-eyed, pale secretary gasped again.

“Are you saying you’re Director Wu Li Xiang’s son – of the W. Corp? It can’t be. His only son is married to the daughter of Park Med-…”

If it was possible, her eyes widened again.

“This is…” she whispered. Her thin hand covered .

The marriage between the heir of W. Corp and the heiress of Park MI was one of the talk-of topics of the Korean media about 1 year ago - and still was. The private wedding was announced by both the Wu and the Park along with the ultimate merge of their companies. What attracted the media the most was the concealment of the identities of the married couple – with the reason being both the young newlyweds refused to get involved and rather their lives not broadcasted, said both parties.

So far, none had succeeded in finding the young Wu couple – as nobody knew their name.

They couldn’t be them, could it?

“Yes, that’s us,” Chanyeol uttered sheepishly. He brought a hand to scratch his warm cheek. “I’m the ‘daughter’ of Park Medical Institute…”

“Unbelievable,” the elder woman gaped. Her grim expression was definitely gone.

“Poor you, how could your parents force you into this?” She exclaimed.

Eh?

~~~

“Hyung…I’m EXTREMELY WORRIED!”

“Shut up, Baekhyun-ah! I. CAN’T. THINK!” Xiumin massaged his throbbing temple.

“What’s gonna happen to Yi Fan ge and Chanyeol hyung??” Sehun bawled quietly (trying to). Jongin was beside the youngest all the time – trying hard to sooth the magnae. Tao was equally sighing over Sehun’s distress.

“You two! Shut up as well!” Xiumin glared at Tao and Sehun. Why did he have to be put in-charge of these immature kids?

Oh yeah…he was on diet.

“Aigoo, I’m so worried,” Baekhyun huffed again. He was more worried about the fussy magnae as he knew their other 2 members were okay with each other…somewhere. Sehun’s frantic expression was making him equally nervous.  

Joonmyun, Luhan, Yixing and Jongdae had taken their new member, Kyungsoo out for a little celebratory late lunch. The boy was still as shy as ever. Baekhyun refused the offer saying he wanted to practice the new piece of song he was given the day before. Sehun didn’t want to go because he said he was tired. Jongin said he wanted to accompany the magnae while Tao wanted to stay with Baekhyun. Now, all of them were on the studio floor while Xiumin hogged the white sofa.

All was well until Sehun decided that Wu Yi Fan and Park Chanyeol were gone for far too long for his liking.

“Omo, hyung! When are they coming back?” Sehun asked. He had settled down in between Jongin’s legs as the tan-skinned one rested his back on to the mirror wall. Luhan’s Rubik’s cube was on his lap.    

Xiumin looked up and sighed. “I don’t know, magnae-ah…”

“It’s taking so long already…” Sehun mumbled as he tried solving the cube again. If he calculated correctly, his two hyungdeul had been taken to the big boss’s office for more than an hour now.

“Don’t worry, Sehun-ah. I’m sure Soo-Man ahjusshi just wanna say something to uri hyungdeul. There’s really nothing to worry about. They’ll come back and say they’re fine and all’s better!”

“But, Kkamjong-ah-“

“No buts, magnae-ah, Jongin’s right,” Baekhyun who was resting his back on the sofa’s foot smiled. “They’ll come back.”

“After all, we did promise we all will stick together no matter what.”  

 

 

A/N: Forgive me for the crappy ending...sigh, not one of my best work...I'm mulling over this right now. I'll try my best to improve this story xoxo