27

Our History

15th February, 2010

Lotte World, 40-1 Jamsil-dong  Songpa-gu, Seoul, South Korea   

Skating rink – Kris, Chanyeol, Jongin, Sehun

 

“Umm, hi?”

            “WHA-“ Kris struggled to say. “Get off of me”

            ‘This is not good,’ he thought. His eyes warily connected with Chanyeol’s doe brown eyes. Thankfully, his wife was not facing the two. A look crossed Chanyeol’s face…and Kris knew that the slender male was resigning to anything – resigning to ‘if’ they get caught by their youngest members.

Kris started wiggling, trying to drag his sorry body from under the two unexpected people. The newly turned 16-year-old quickly scrambled off the tall leader. He helped Sehun slowly as the younger failed to stand upright.

            “God damn it! Take these shoes off!” Sehun grumbled.

            “Language, Sehunnie!”

Out of reflex, Chanyeol suddenly blurted out. His eyes widened.

Immediately, the 15-year-old turned towards Chanyeol and his sharp eyes stared at the ‘female’. Kris was already by Chanyeol’s side, protective and defensive. He carefully monitored Sehun’s expression. This was not how the two wanted everybody – anybody – to find out. Why that day of all days did they managed to bump into each other?

Kris saw it in Sehun’s face – and he braced himself. He wrapped his arms around Chanyeol and his face hardened. Whatever the two’s reaction were going to be, he’d accept it. 

“C-Chanyeol…hyung?”

~~~

‘This is it, Chanyeol. Just tell them,’ Chanyeol thought. He couldn’t even lie without having the tell-tale signs of a very bad liar. He was grateful that Kris was there with him.

“Sehun-ah…” he started.

“I-I saw you…you two…kiss!” Sehun spluttered. “You-you-you and Yi Fan hyung…wha - !”

“Let’s go somewhere where we can sit,” Kris interrupted. “Tis no place to talk properly…”

“Hyung?” Jongin directed to Kris. His tone was tinted with accusation. He had already helped Sehun out of his skaters.

Chanyeol felt his heart dropped.

“Come on,” Kris said – his voice had no room for objections.

Wordlessly, the two young teens followed the couple. Kris’ firm grip around Chanyeol’s torso was scrutinised by Sehun. All the way, the atmosphere between the four people was tense and heavy. Once in a while, Chanyeol glanced back at the two silent members worriedly. And every time he did, the two didn’t want to meet his eyes. Kris’ murmur would make him look at his husband and Kris’ tense jaw further heightened his anxiety.

Kris led them to the closest café and thankfully not many were in there.

A perfect place for a serious discussion.

As soon as they settled in a space far from prying eyes and too secluded for interruption, Kris spoke.

“Okay, shoot.”

“What’s going on?” Jongin voiced out – confused as ever. Here he thought that he and Sehun could keep an eye out for their leader on his supposed date then they found out that Kris’ supposed ‘date’ was in fact their other hyung member, Chanyeol.

Now how were they supposed to work out the logic in that?

“Well…” Chanyeol said. It seemed like the word could start anything, “as you can see…we’reonadate!”

“What?” Sehun frowned. Even Kris raised his eyebrow – slightly amused.

Chanyeol flushed – really bothered that he had to repeat what he had just said.

“We-we’re on a date,” Chanyeol mumbled. His face became redder by the minute.

Trying to save his wife from combusting himself, Kris turned to the two boys and asked.

“Who are you two here with? Shouldn’t you be having lessons today?”

“Managers said the CEO gave us a day rest cus apparently Yi Fan hyung’s ‘meeting his parents’ and Chanyeol hyung…where was he again? Oh, ‘attending a ceremony’,” Sehun sneered. His hands made the apostrophes. His sarcasm was showing and Jongin didn’t bother to stop the magnae as he too wanted some answers.

“We’re all here, by the way…as in all of us,” Jongin rolled his eyes knowing he made the two older members squirmed some more.

“Really?? Omo, what to do?? Hyung! What are we going to do?? Oh, this is my fault! I never should-oh-this-no! Hyung-!”

“Calm down, Yeol-ah,” Kris coaxed. He caught Chanyeol’s flailing arms. Any more swatting from Chanyeol, the younger boy’s palm would land onto his face. Thankfully, the 17-year-old did stop.

“So you’re really on a date? Like really??” Sehun asked, “But-but…..how?”

“Gee, I wonder how it happened. Why would people go on a date, eh?” Kris rolled his eyes. Chanyeol slapped his chest for being sarcastic with the boys.

“Be serious!” he reprimanded, like the ‘loving’ wife he was.   

“Alright, alright,” Kris sighed, surrendering. He was actually in a bad mood - his date with Chanyeol was interrupted. Their official first date. He was bitter. It didn’t help that he recalled the erted guy that was hitting on his wife earlier. He was bitter and jealous. Yes, the always cool and collected Kris Wu Yi Fan was bitter and jealous.

“As you can see,” Kris started his voice still with an edge but one look at Chanyeol’s face made him sighed. “This is not the best place for talking but before that, I want the two of you to keep this as a secret.”

“Hyung, we followed you instead of telling the others,” Sehun scoffed.

“Give us more credit than that,” Jongin joined in. He placed Jongdae’s camera which dangled around his neck before onto the clean table in front of them. Chanyeol eyed the device interestedly.

“Alright,” Kris exhaled.

“Get on with it, hyung,” Sehun said. “Even if we are shocked by all these, we…we’ll accept whatever it is – really.”

The magnae looked at his partner in crime and saw the calm Jongin giving a nod to Kris and Chanyeol. Yup, they had gotten over their initial shock.

“First of all…we’re married,” Kris said. Well, better to let it all out now, he thought.

Jongin’s reaction was instantaneous – he banged onto the table while Sehun’s eyes widened. Their jaws were hanging from the unexpected news. Chanyeol almost jumped out of his seat because of the surprise Jongin gave him. No sounds came out of the two 16-year-old, (Sehun was turning 16 in 2 months) as they stared at Kris. If it was not so serious, Chanyeol would have burst out laughing.

“We are married and Lee Soo Man knows. And me telling this to you is actually breaking the promise we made him,” Kris slowly added. It was better to tell everything in one go and he liked everything less time-consuming.

“And since going out on dates is normal for married people, we are continuing it. So if you’ll excuse us,” Kris smirked already intertwining his hands with Chanyeol’s smaller ones and standing up. Chanyeol’s face was as red as when he had to endure long hot baths.

The two magnae were flabbergasted and began scrambling up. In a moment, Kris was back in his seat – eyes wide – when Sehun managed to push him down. Chanyeol on the other hand was still too tongue-tied to protest about anything.        

“WAIT, HYUNG! SIT DOWN!”

Unintentionally, Sehun yelled at Kris. His lisp became noticeable again. The youngest didn’t care at that moment.

“You can’t just go after saying that to us! Details, hyung, details!” Sehun crossed his arms.

With no other options, Kris stared at them intently – still too sceptical. There were a lot at stake but telling them would bring some advantages as well. He had to tell the company’s owner about this situation and he couldn’t guarantee what would happen. If the situation became unfavourable to him and Chanyeol, he had to think of ways to make it seemed he was making the right choice. And by the right choice, he meant the pros in letting two other members know about their real relationship. It would also be easier – Chanyeol and he didn’t have to pretend, at least, to these two. It would also alleviate Chanyeol’s constant guilt of having to lie to anyone. This was a tough decision for a 19-year-old.

“We decided to get married 2 years ago…” Kris broke the silence. He saw the bubbling curiosity in Sehun’s eyes but the magnae did a good job in waiting for him to finish.

“It was an arranged marriage,” Chanyeol softly smiled, reminiscing. His eyes looked unseeingly at the table.

“We didn’t know each other. I for one didn’t know what Chanyeol looked like. I didn’t even know his name. I was still in Canada and he Korea. I remembered that time, I only wanted to listen to my mother, be a good son and just signed the paper. I didn’t bother to look. My dad gave me my wedding ring.”

“It was the same for me. I agreed to marry Yi-fan hyung – didn’t know what he looked like too. It was a very short wedding for me; I don’t think you can even call it a wedding. My family lawyer handled everything and all I have to do is sign my wedding certificate…and wear my ring, then officially became as somebody’s wife. Neither engagement nor wedding party…just a brief ceremony,” Chanyeol continued. Jongin’s eyes trailed to Chanyeol’s hand on the table – true, he saw the silver ring on Chanyeol’s wedding finger. He didn’t doubt Kris was wearing one too.

“Then?” he asked – intrigued by his hyungdeul’s story. He didn’t know it could happen in real life.

“Well, we thought we would never meet, you know. With me living in Canada and all until I got casted in SM Global Casting so I joined. The funny thing is I’ve never met Chanyeol in all my earlier lessons. Our first meeting was a memory I can never forget,” Kris smirked, looking at the suddenly blushing Chanyeol knowingly. Oh yes, he meant their ‘first’ meeting as a husband and a wife.

Sehun and Jongin moved their wide eyes to Chanyeol who again swatted Kris’ arm. The 17-year-old playfully glared.

“What happened?” Sehun enthusiastically asked. This has got to be one of the best stories he heard from his big brothers.

“I still hate you for that,” Chanyeol said. His eyes narrowed again to the man sitting next to him. Kris shrugged. To him, it was all in good memories and he didn’t have a problem to share it with those close to him.

“So, what happened, hyung?” Jongin prodded.

Kris smiled – his usual smile where he only managed to lift the side of his lips just to show a hint of his white teeth. Chanyeol softly groaned and crossed his arms but not before again smacking the chuckling Kris’ toned chest. Ignoring Chanyeol’s growing pout, he launched into a full story of his and Chanyeol’s official meeting – omitting their intimate moments but retelling all of Chanyeol’s reaction to him.

“Oh!” Sehun exclaimed, “Chanyeol hyung! How can you not notice?”

Chanyeol huffed. “In my defence, he was being a jerk. He acted like he had never met me.”

“Call it payback, baby,” Kris grinned.                  

            “Wae, hyung?” Sehun asked.

            Kris crossed his arms on the table and leaned closer. The magnaedeul instinctively did the same.

            “You know, a few days before our meeting, Chanyeol broke up with me. He-“

            “Wait! So you two were dating each other before???”

            “Quiet! But yeah, we did. Kinda like fate eh? As I was saying, he told me he likes somebody else but I figured it out that he didn’t.”

            “So when I found his note,” Kris glanced at Chanyeol, “and saw him sleeping, I figured I could play a prank on him.”

            “That’s kinda mean, hyung,” Sehun chuckled.

            “I know!” Chanyeol clapped his hands onto the table.

            “By the way, won’t people be looking for you two?” Kris asked. Sehun looked around for a clock and found one hanging on the wall behind him.

            “Oh ! Jongin-ah!”

            “What??”

            “We only have about 2 hours left to play!”

            Jongin snorted before standing up following the youngest. He grumbled about being tired and only wanting to go to sleep but the magnae was persistent.

            They were walking back towards the open ground and Chanyeol couldn’t help but snatched Sehun’s hand. The boy looked up.

            “Sehun-ah,” Chanyeol began and looked at Jongin too, “Jongin-ah…”

            “You two are…really okay with us, as in Yifan hyung and me being together, right? You two are not homophobic…right?”

            If Chanyeol didn’t ask those questions, the 19-year-old Canadian Chinese would have done it. They waited as the younger two glanced at each other.

            Chanyeol let out a relieved sigh when he saw the bright chuckling duo.

            “Yah, hyung! Do you think we’ll be like this with you if we mind?” Sehun asked, his banmal dismissed by Chanyeol.

            “Truthfully,” Jongin rubbed his neck before smiling to his elders, “I don’t really care if you date each other. I mean, you can’t force who you want to fall in love with. It’s something you can’t control, you know. If you love somebody, why should others tell you not to?”

            “Woah! Daebak Kkamjong!” Sehun’s eyes widened to which Jongin only sheepishly smiled.

            “Oh right! We’ll see you later hyungdeul!” Sehun said, feet already moving away.

            “And don’t worry, we won’t tell anybody your secret or that we meet you here!” Jongin added and the two waved before scurrying off to have some fun.

            “Well…that went well,” Kris said, pulling Chanyeol closer. The younger of the two automatically snuggled closer. Chanyeol chuckled before suddenly straightening his posture and slapping Kris’ shoulder.

            Kris winced before widening his eyes at his spouse.

            “That’s for making fun of me!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I AM SO SORRY FOR THE REALLY LATE UPDATE /BOWS/ MIANHAAAAEE. I GOT SO BUSY AND TIRE MESELF TOO MUCH SO I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN FORGIVE THIS LAZY AUTHOR /BOWS AGAIN/ BUT ANYWAY~ PLEASE DO TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS CHAP, I KNOW IT'S KINDA BORING ;A; /SOBS/

I LOVE YOU GUYS - FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND THE COMMENTS!! SARANGHAEYO~ AND TO THE SILENT READERS AND SILENT SUBSCRIBERS, THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY STORY =")