16

Our History

 

 

-PART V-

1st February, 2010

Luhan’s kitchen, dining table

Morning

 

Wu Yi Fan was still deep in thought. His long fingers tapped onto the wooden surface of the dining table in a toneless cadence. His other hand palmed his chin and his brows were set on creasing his forehead. From the night before until now he was still frowning over whatever it was that was bothering him. He fell asleep with his mind still thinking of the unknown person now staying at his home – their home.

‘Your wife is waiting for you at home.’

He breathed out harshly. Yixing had woken him up for breakfast and as soon as he was on his feet, he remembered and was bothered again with his new problem. Yi Fan moaned before slamming his head onto the cream surface.

“Urgh…” he grumbled. He was tired – not physically but mentally. Any amount of preparation would not suffice; his heart was still heavy to accept someone – a stranger – into his cultivated peace of life. Now, he was generally a social person but…what if he dislikes this person…this spouse of his? His forehead felt bruised as he bumped his head couple of times to find a perfect solution to his messy life.

Luhan had been eyeing the certain head-banging friend of his. If he let Yi Fan, who knew what would happen to Luhan’s poor table.

“What exactly are you doing, Wu Yi Fan?” Luhan called out from the kitchen door.

Yi Fan heard him. But he didn’t know what to say…should he tell Luhan of his troubled mind..? Or should he just figure out what he should do…?

He chose the latter. Wu Yi Fan’s composed face turned towards Luhan.

“Nothing. I should be getting home now.”

“Alright,” Luhan nodded and made way for Yi Fan to pass by him and get to the door. Yi Fan swiftly took his bag and phone and his coat by the door. Wordlessly, he slipped it on and finished putting on his trusted brown trainers.

“Be careful on the road,” Luhan waved his quiet friend off. Yixing and Tao had both gone off to SM – to train, they said. Now, it was just going to be Luhan alone.

“Yeah, see ya,” Yi Fan retorted and closed the door behind him.


 

Wu Yi Fan’s bachelor pad

Morning

9.39 am

 

The first time Chanyeol stepped into the massive house, he was too preoccupied with his thoughts. It was late at night and he had too much to handle at the moment. The second time was early in the morning; he had the chance to wander around admiring the white interior of the two-storey home.

There were no pictures, no portraits hanging from the walls – nothing about his spouse. Only purchased still-life drawings of random things and of the seasons.

The house was lifeless. The only indication someone was living there were the unwashed clothes in the laundry room, canned food in the kitchen cabinets and lots of bottled water in the refrigerator. Everything was arranged neatly…some didn’t even seem to be used at all.

Was he in the correct house? He couldn’t be at the wrong place; his parents dropped him off there. The only conclusion Chanyeol came up with was that his husband was not home often. He’d make sure he would change that. What was the point of having a perfectly good house when you don’t use it?

The slim Park Chanyeol made his own breakfast after buying a few things at the nearby 24-hours convenience store to fill up the fridge. He really felt like a wife when he bought necessary items to survive. When he came back, his so-called husband was not there yet. He went on his leisure way putting away the groceries and he knew where most utensils were along the way.

There were a lot of things he wanted to change with his current home.  

It was too dull. Not the interior design though, it was the feeling that was missing.

His parents stayed with him until it was almost time for their departure and Chanyeol had been deep into his sleep when they left him. Thankfully, Cho Han-Ah had packed Chanyeol’s things and sent them off and had them set in the new home yesterday’s afternoon. All the 17-year-old had to do was move in.

Making a simple English breakfast, Chanyeol made enough for two thinking that when his husband arrived, the other male would like something to eat and he wrapped his spouse’s portion and into the microwave it went. Chanyeol even wrote a small note and stuck it onto the fridge.

“Need to do something to kill the time…” Chanyeol said as his eyes wandered around for anything he could do. He decided that the house was clean enough that he couldn’t even try to tidy anything.

Park Chanyeol then went up the stairs and into his-their bedroom. It was so big that Chanyeol could move about freely. Heck, it was even bigger than his old room. Chanyeol remembered when he surveyed the closet and chuckled how his clothes contrasted to that of the unknown male. It was like arranging clothes according to colours. His were mostly white, grey while his husband’s clothes were mostly black. The only thing they had in common were the multiple shades of blue garments they had. While browsing through his husband’s clothes, Chanyeol agreed that the other had an amazing taste in clothing. But why did they all look so familiar? Scoffing, he dismissed it.

“Ah~ what to do?” Chanyeol pouted as he freefell onto the soft bed. He flailed his arms feeling the smooth texture he slept on the night before with his palms. He was aware that he was going to be sharing the king size bed with the other male and the thought made him blush scarlet.

“Aish, I should just go to school.”

But then, he was excused from any school starting February, technically it was that day. He could still go if he wanted to.

 Chanyeol slipped off the fuzzy grey flip flops he was wearing and tucked his legs into the black comforter. His long hair made a halo on the fluffy pillow his head sank into and he brushed his hair down.

“Hmmm~,” Chanyeol hummed mindlessly as he recalled the ride to his new home the night before.

~~~

“Now Chanyeol-ah, I want you to be on your best behaviour when you meet him, alright honey?” Cho Han-Ah soothingly said to her nervous son. Chanyeol was biting his lips and kept on glancing back and forth between his clasped fingers and the night view.

Chanyeol only nodded and the journey was silent for a while.

“Eomma…name…what’s his name?” Chanyeol whispered. Good thing Cho Han-Ah’s hearing was keen.

Chanyeol realised he never really knew his partner’s name. And when was the better time to ask then at that moment?

“His name is Kris,” his mother replied smiling.

Now that explained the letter ‘K’ carved into his ring.

Kris…

It sounded so foreign – so cold…so unfathomable to him but Chanyeol couldn’t help feeling the tingling sensation on his fingertips and his tummy. He didn’t know why but he really wanted to see this man he never met. Wu Jing Ren was a very beautiful lady so her son must be handsome…

Chanyeol didn’t know when he had fallen asleep but once he opened his eyes…he never expected anything would surprise him.

~~~

10.26 am

 

Yi Fan knew the moment he stepped into his house something was different. He could feel it. He might not see any subtle change but he knew the air was different. Cautiously, Yi Fan walked towards the kitchen and true to his gut feeling, once he opened the fridge, he saw things he had never bought much less seen.

Uncapping a bottle of water, Yi Fan’s eyes noticed a pink paper stuck with a magnet on the fridge. What was this?

Bending down slightly, Yi Fan squinted and tried to read the neat handwriting.

‘Hello, Kris-sshi ^^

May be I should say this first - I’m your wife. Nice to meet you!

I don’t know when you’ll be home but I’m writing this just in case. In case you’re reading this, I left some food in the microwave.

If you want to eat it, you can heat it up for about 5 minutes. Take off the wrapping before you do. It’s not much but I hope you enjoy it.

                                                                                                                                                                                                -Chanyeol ^^

 

Da-dump. 

"Can't be..."

-End of CHAPTER-

 

'His eyes must be tricking him...'

'Red, soft lips'

 

A/N: Finally I got it done! Hello all! 1st of all, I'm not trying to prolong the meeting but I'm writing according to my thought of plot. Heheh, sorry for the tease, guys. I honestly didn't mean it. Just gotta write to get the story growing ^^" This chap is sorta crappy but really hope you guys enjoy it! Comment and subscribe and lemme know what you think! I'll be back soon with more drama~ =D 

I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT SO MANY SUBSCRIBERS! 131 IS A LOT! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :')