05

Our History

 

A/N: Hi! This is just sorta like a filler chapter so it's kinda boring. I'll try to make the next one entertaining ^^ Hope you enjoy reading~

April 3th,2009

SM Entertainment Building

SM lobby

 

Early that morning, chaos was the perfect term to describe studio room 14. Yi Fan almost lost his composure with all the gasping and shouting. Some were happy while others were not so.

When he arrived for training, he was told that the big boss a.k.a. Lee Soo Man had announced that a new boy group would be formed and here was the catch – the boss would personally pluck boys out from the trainees. There were also people saying that the people were already selected and that day was the day SM would announce who would debut soon.

Yi Fan did not mind much – he was okay with everyone so whether he got chosen or not, it was fine with him. He could concentrate with his studies too. He knew that if his father saw that being an entertainer was no good for him, he would call him to go back to Canada and help managing W Corp. Despite telling himself it would be fine, he couldn’t help the creeping feeling of disappointment. He had friends here and just few days earlier, he met someone he could not forget.

“Well, just go with the flow,” he sighed and slumped onto the comfortable sofa.

His mind wandered off to that boy he saw outside his practice room. It was funny how they’ve never met. At first glance, he thought he was a girl – a pretty one at that but on closer look, he knew the frail-looking person was a male. Yi Fan fell for the rosy blush on the unknown boy’s cheeks.

Yi Fan hummed, his fingers unconsciously played with the ring on the chain around his neck. There was a ‘CY’ carved inside the ring. It was possible those were the initials of his partner. Overtime, Yi Fan had grown inseparable with that accessory.

He remembered a month after his wedding; his mother finally told him he married a male instead of a female. He was speechless but he accepted it anyway. It was not like he was forced to live together with who-knows-what-he-looks-like. However, Jing Ren also imparted about his spouse’s ‘special’ condition.

“Know that Yi Fan, there’s a reason I want you to marry him. You see, the boy is very special – he’s gifted. He grew up experiencing what only girls can…his body is, how to say this, is like a girl’s body. He…bleeds and…and he is capable of getting pregnant. Because of this, he is weaker than most people his age…”

“…If ever you thought of...you know…consummating your marriage with him, Mama’s fine with it…”

When Yi Fan heard about this, he was utterly shocked. He never knew such a condition existed but with his mother’s advice, he did not frown upon it. Instead, he pitied his spouse.

His wife was no different from anybody else.

He pondered how his wife felt every now and then when that time of the month came. He must have been suffering, Yi Fan thought.  

Without meeting him, Yi Fan knew so much about him through his mother’s stories when she visited his in-laws. If he were given a chance to meet his partner, surely he would ask the other to be his friend.

He knew that his wife was beautiful and blushed easily (according to his mama).

He knew his wife loved the colour white and liked wearing baggy shirts.

He knew that his wife told his mother, he respected Yi Fan.

He knew his wife loved drinking green tea and eating chocolate ice-creams.

He knew that his spouse loved playing his guitar.

He knew the boy was polite and very soft-spoken.

He knew the boy enjoyed reading as much as Yi Fan did.

He knew the boy had garnered his mother’s love. If not, Wu Jing Ren would not be spending her time calling Yi Fan; telling all of the greatness of his wife and how she wanted, if she could, bring the boy home and treat him like her precious daughter.

What he did not know was just that – he did not know what his wife looked like.

“Wu Yi Fan-sshi? …You’re called to Soo Man-sshi’s office”

Yi Fan broke out of his daydream and immediately straightened up his posture. He saw one of the staff standing in front of him, waiting for Yi Fan to follow him.

“Alright,” Yi Fan sighed and got up. His tall frame created a massive height difference with the spectacled staff.

They walked in silence and it was not even an easy one, even when they went up the elevator. The quietness made Yi Fan all jittery and with his nervous condition, his hand flew up to hold his wedding ring. Knowing the ring was with him made him forgot a little of what was going to happen and his thoughts wondered back to the boy he met. He had just exited the toilet nearby and about to take his coke when he saw the cute boy instead. 

The way the boy looked at him with his innocent eyes…

The way he got all flustered after his shock…

The way the boy tilted his head, frowning and burning holes onto Yi Fan’s coke…

Ah, how peculiar – he couldn’t stop thinking of that person. A person he only met once, nonetheless!

‘This is crazy…I’ve never been like this before,’ Yi Fan thought.

“This way, Wu-sshi,” the staff’s voice brought him back again and gestured towards the heavy double doors. The polished dark brown oak doors were exactly the same as how Yi Fan remembered it about 3 months ago.

Yi Fan nodded and said his thanks. The staff only scurried away – off to continue his job perhaps. The tall Chinese guy exhaled harshly and remained still. He needed some time to gather his thoughts before entering the room.

Now what did he do this time? He was never called in there again after his first introduction to the owner.

Who knew what news would reach his ears once he was in. For that, he wanted to be prepared. Yi Fan didn’t even recall the rumours he heard that morning…

Pushing the doors opened and voicing out a polite greeting, Wu Yi Fan’s eyes were immediately presented with the one thing he had been longing for in silence…

 

                        “A-ah, n-nae…”