01

Our History

November 3rd, 2008

Park MI Building, Dr. Cho Office, Korea

-After the merging ceremony-

 

            “Why don’t we marry off our children, Han-Ah ya?”

            Lady Cho Han-Ah, the wife of Park Hae-Sung, owner and CEO of Park MI, was rendered confused by her friend’s proposal. From her seat, she raised an eyebrow across her desk to the delighted woman.

            “You know I as well have only a son, Ren…” she replied, quite amused actually of Wu Jing Ren’s enthusiasm. A shadow of a smile lingered as she continued to read her patient’s profile.

            “I know, but let’s marry them off together. You and I know that your son….” Ren left her words hung and realisation exchanged between the two. Ren bit her lips; feeling guilty.

            “I...,” Han-Ah hesitated, thinking of her beloved child’s condition still pained her heart but she has learned to accept whatever for the best. She rested her back on her leather seat and looked at Wu Jing Ren.

            “Alright…” she agreed, “…but let me talk to Chanyeol first about this.”

           Wu Jing Ren nodded in calm understanding. She also thought of talking to her son about her idea. Knowing how she raised him and with his personality, Jing Ren believed that Yi Fan would agree to her words. If not, she would try every possible way to make Yi Fan say yes to her arrangement.

          “Will this be alright to your son, Ren?” Han-Ah softly asked. She did feel a bit worried of how her best friend’s son will react towards their decision.

          “Never mind that,” Wu Ren waved her hand dismissively, “Yi Fan will agree for sure.”

           Wu Jing Ren beamed, so alike her son and this made Cho Han-Ah smiled softly and hoped everything would go well.

 

November 6th, 2008

Wu’s family mansion, Canada

 

            That night, while celebrating the young master Yi Fan’s private 18th birthday party, Lady Wu Jing Ren decided it was the perfect time to tell her son of her plan. Seeing her silent son leaning against the wall on one corner of their dining hall, she slowly approached the celebrated teen. Despite her son’s naturally social personality, she knew her boy now preferred to be in his own room reading rather than mingling with all the relatives and company clients present. Yi Fan’s poker face told her all that.

            “Yi Fan…” she softly called out. Immediately, the 18-year-old looked up from his glass of juice. The swirling liquid in his wine glass slowed down to a halt.

            “Mama…”

            “Will you accompany me to the library, Fan?” Wu Jing Ren smiled.

            Yi Fan nodded once then extended his long arms to his mother and Wu Ren gladly received. She raised her son into a proper gentleman. Ah, how proud she was of her young son.

            Comfortable silence followed the two as they walked leisurely towards the family library. The footsteps of Lady Wu Jing Ren were muffled by the lush and thick grey carpet covering the marbled floor. Her head was full of how she would properly say everything to Yi Fan.

            Arriving at the library, Yi Fan pushed the big doors opened and let his mother in. Stopping by his father’s work desk, Yi Fan’s mother turned to face the young lad.

            “I have something to say to you, Yi Fan,” Wu Ren started slowly. She saw her son’s facial expression changed. Let’s hope for the best, she thought.

            Wu Yi Fan frowned. It was rare for his mother to have something to tell him this seriously. Yi Fan looked his mother straight in her brown eyes.

            “As you know, your father decided to merge our company with Park MI...”

            “Yes,” Yi Fan nodded.

            “Along with the merge, I as well as Cho Han-Ah decided it is best that….that our families are bonded as well, politically as well as through the marriage of our children...”

            Realisation crossed Yi Fan’s face and his eyes widened. “Mama, you mean-”

            Wu Ren raised her hands, “Let me finish, Fan. I know you are still young but I really want this whole thing to work. You’re going to get married for now, but you don’t really have to live or love your wife. It’s fine if you two lead your own lives but I want you two to be married now. I would be really happy if you agree, my dear.”

            Hearing his mother’s pleading voice, Yi Fan did not have the heart to object. Silently sighing, Yi Fan agreed.

            “If this makes you happy, I agree, mama,” Yi Fan strongly said.

            Jing Ren felt like crying. She immediately hugged her son’s lanky body and muffled appreciation flowed from .

            “Thank you, thank you, Yi Fan…”

 

 

           “I…I agree, eomma”