13

Our History

 

A/N: As I promised ^^ It's quite dull to me tho =(  And a special thanks to my best friend Han-Ah (yeah, I named Yeollie's mom after her, hehe) for helping me with the places in the story~ Enjoy people~! 

-PART II-

Seoul Gangnam-gu High School

Recess

 

The second bell rang for that day and our dear Park Chanyeol heaved out a sigh of relief. He was drowsy throughout his lessons and the teachers’ robotic lectures weren’t helping his sad condition either. Luckily, he just had to survive this one last year – then he’d be free of high school. Should he go to college? He was going to debut – soon – anyway. He’d have a stable career.

If his mother were to hear his thoughts, she would widen her eyes at him and probably would smack his head for considering such things.

“What’s the worth of living without a thirst for knowledge?” Park Hae-Sung once said and silently Chanyeol agreed to his father.

Chanyeol watched as the previously tense classroom now brightened up as his classmates began to move across the room and chattered away, be it in twos or in groups – a typical teenage scenario in school. Chanyeol was lazy to get up from his not-so comfortable seat but he was too tired anyway.

With no distractions, he fell into a slight depression again. Tomorrow, he would meet his so-called husband…what would he do when he met him? He’s conflicted inside. Would he be accepted? He was sure the guy married him just to please his mother.

“Like I did,” Chanyeol whispered as he fumbled with his wedding band again. He was after all not a fan of wearing rings as accessory. He didn’t even wear jewellery on daily basis. He’d rather wear hats or beanies. But the ring....it was another different thing.

He preferred things simple….and white. White never failed to make him happy. However, in his state right now, he scoffed.

“It’s not helping right now. Argh, I’m hopeless!”

Park Chanyeol tousled his long hair in frustration and dropped his head onto his folded arms on the desk. He sighed again. He knew his hair was a mess now, he was sure few strands were carelessly placed on his head. He didn’t care anymore.

“Today’s definitely not my day,” he muttered emotionlessly. He wanted to cry again but he had an image to protect. He had A dignity to salve. Why was he getting all sensitive all of the sudden? Were his hormones unstable now?

Suddenly, a slap on his back jolted the boy out of his wallowing. Lazily, Chanyeol turned his head. His sleepy eyes barely open to see the culprit.

“Yah, Park Chanyeol!”

Chanyeol mumbled something unintelligent before going back to his previous position.

“Yah! I’m talking to you here, Chanyeol-ah!”

“Hmmm,” was Chanyeol’s muffled response.

A slap – harder this time – landed on Chanyeol’s skinny shoulder. The victim let out a yelp and turned towards the smug-looking boy.

“What was that for, Song Chin-Ho?!”

“Hey, you’re the one ignoring me! Why~ oh why are you ignoring moi, Chanyeol-ah~?”

Chanyeol grunted and rolled his eyes. Chin-Ho was such a diva. He wondered how they became friends in the first place….

Oh yeah, they were biology partners.

Hey, he’s not all that bad,Chanyeol thought. Yeah, Chin-Ho wasn’t always cocky. The other boy was always nice to him, just quite blunt and demanded attention when he was talking to people. His presence was actually quite welcomed as he took Chanyeol’s mind off a certain charming ‘god’.

Chanyeol turned around in his seat.

“I’m not ignoring you, Chin-Ho-yah. I’m just sleepy,” the tall boy pouted.

Song Chin-Ho scoffed and crossed his arms then uncrossed them again.

“Oh no, you don’t,” he pulled the chair from another table and plopped his down, “that pout’s not gonna work on me. I invented that look, hah!”

Chanyeol stared sceptically at the diva. Chin-Ho’s perfectly sculpted eyebrow raised behind his fringe line. His bleached hair perfectly styled and his school uniform buttoned up smartly. Sometimes, Chin-Ho reminded him of SHINee Key – hey, they were almost the carbon copy of one another!

“Uh-huh. What do you want?” Chanyeol said and laid his head again successfully facing away from the other boy. He closed his eyes….Ah, so sleepy…

“Yah, Chanyeol-ah! Listen to me~!”

“What?”

“Don’t you wanna hang out after school? We don’t get to have fun with you these days…”

Hearing that, Chanyeol’s brows frowned. When was the last time he hung out with them? He lifted his head again and stared off at the blackboard's unidentified patterns.

I don’t remember…I was always with Yi Fan hyung…

“Alright, let’s go out later…noraebang? How’s that sound?”

“I know you’re busy and stuff bu- wait, did you just say yes?”

“…Yes?”

The diva Chin-Ho suddenly leapt out of his seat and whooped around startling the sleepy Chanyeol. Aish, so childish, Chanyeol groused.

“Oh yeah, Chanyeol-ah, invite that Byun Baekhyun too! Oh, this is gonna be so fun!”

The boy then upped and left – leaving the tall boy to his own thoughts

“Yeah, fun…” Chanyeol smiled. Now, he’d have something to fill his mind other than his heartbreak.


 

“Woo! It’s been so long!” Baekhyun hooted as they strolled down the street of Cheongdam-dong. The boy was happy all the time and it was WAY contagious. It was like he radiated light that made everything attracted to it. Yeah, that was how infectious Baekhyun’s lively behaviour was.

“Yeah, it has,” Chanyeol nodded.

Chanyeol, Chin-Ho and two of his usual gang mates met up once the school’s finished. The joker Baekhyun was already bouncing on his heels with his blinding smile by their school’s gates attracting giggling girls’ attention in which Baekhyun winked at EVERY TIME. It was funny to watch. All their members were naturally shy and soft-spoken in public, Baekhyun included. Guess the confident-idol syndrome was finally getting to them. Chanyeol had to drag his fellow trainee from 3 blushing females that had started to hog Baekhyun.

“Yo, where are we going anyway, Chanyeol-ah?” Chin-Ho butted in and suddenly threw his arms over both Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s shoulders. Well, he tried to. Chanyeol was pretty tall compared to him so the diva’s fingers were barely able to grip Chanyeol’s skinny shoulder. The other two people were passive the whole walk.

“Hmmm, I wanna try Ground Karaoke, a sunbae recommended the place,” Chanyeol said.

“Oooh, that place! Heard it’s quite packed with idols,” Chin-Ho replied.

“Really??”

Seriously, Chanyeol didn’t know that. He thought the place would just be one of the few nicer karaoke bars with nice service.

Baekhyun laughed. “It’s a karaoke bar, Yeollie-ah! Idols love to sing. Hey, we’d probably get lucky and meet some pretty cool girl idols!”

“You and your ert-ness! Aish!”

“Oh, here it is!” Baekhyun called out. He knew where it was of course. Singing was one of the many things he’d never miss out on. He could practically tell people which karaoke bars were the best in any street. The 5 of them stopped in front of a big white building with multiple coloured stores and neon signs – mostly art supply stores and art galleries. There were a few music stores. Well, it wasn’t called an art street for no reason.

They saw a small pink neon sign was up on one of the stores – ‘Ground Karaoke’.

Without any further ado, the eager Baekhyun jogged towards the entrance and the rest followed. They were given a room number after they paid and off they went. They entered a dim-lighted spacious room. A flat-screen was hooked onto one of the teal-coloured walls and couches with a darker hue were glued onto the wall opposite the karaoke machine.     

“This is good,” Baekhyun hummed, “I really need a vocal warm-up.”

Chanyeol scoffed, “As if, you don’t even need one and you sound as if singing is the only thing you do all day!”

Baekhyun snickered, “Why? Jealous?”

“As if,” Chanyeol sneered but he couldn’t help the growing smile on his face. Yup, there was no way people could resist the mega-watt full smile of Baekhyun's. “You can’t even rap like me.”

“Hah!”

Their playful banters continued as they browsed through the machine’s playlist and Chin-Ho called dibs on picking the songs out. He chose the newly released song, C.N. Blue’s ‘I’m a Loner’. The song was catchy and Baekhyun loved challenge. He decided to sing the whole song and pretend he was a star.

He dreams too much, Chanyeol thought. But hey, they were going to debut soon although, nobody except family members were allowed to know.

“Chanyeollie~ you can do the rap part! Come on! Woooo!” Dae-Jung, one of Chanyeol’s friends hooted from his seat with a maraca in hand. He and the other, Bae were both swaying along with the song. It was funny how slow they danced to an upbeat song.

“Kay…but I dunno how to sing the part”

“No worries, just read them off the screen!”

“Aish, so bothersome!”

“Man up, Park Chanyeol!” Baekhyun hollered to the mic – his voice overpowering the music coming from the speakers.

Chanyeol glared at him before giving in. he wouldn’t be a damper. Besides, he agreed to this so he should just enjoy.

Unhooking one of the mics, the tall 17-year-old focused on the beat and rapped.

“Charari dareun saram saenggyeotdago

Naega sirheumyeon sirtago

Charari soljikhage malhaejwotdamyeon

Nan neoreul jukdorok miwohajin anhasseul tende”

“Oh~ yeah! Go Chanyeollie!” Baekhyun catcalled. Chin-Ho, Dae-Jung and Bae were amazed. It was the first time they really hear the shy, the quite introverted Park Chanyeol rapped. It was as if he was a different person. Gone was the timid baby-faced boy…and in his place was…

A charismatic rapper with a fiery passion that could wow people…

He could fire people up…

“Wow…”

-End of PART II-