15

Our History

 

A/N: Heheh, found the time to update ^^. So I hope you like it. It's all written in one go again and any mistakes - I'm responsible for em. Soooo, enjoy the chap. Comment and subscribe to let me know what u guys think. I read all the comments and I can't thank you all enuff =')

-PART IV-

He flipped the phone opened, answering the call.

“Eomma?”

“Chanyeol-ah! Thank god I reach you!” the woman sounded relieved. She was extremely happy to hear her son’s voice. She knew it was quite hard to reach the boy during his training as no phones were allowed during the practice hours. She was glad her desperate call was received.

“Why do you call, eomma?” Chanyeol asked feeling slightly bewildered that his mother called him at that time of the hour. It must be something quite urgent.

“Chanyeol-ah, can you come home now?”

“What? Why?”

“We have something to discuss now, Yeollie-ah. We don’t have much time left!”

“What? Eomma-“

“Come home now, Yeollie-ah. It’s easier to discuss here than through the phone. Ask permission to come home now-“

“Wait! You’re home?? I thought you have a night shift too. Eom-”

“You can ask later, Park Chanyeol,” Cho Han-Ah’s voice became stern and Chanyeol could only gulp down his unease. Oh, he knew that tone far too well. It was his mother’s shut-up-now-listen-to-what-I-say-or-there’ll-be-consequences-oh-you-don’t-want-to-know tone.

“I can go now. The training finishes early anyway. In 10 minutes?” Chanyeol asked. He really hoped there was nothing wrong. His mother was making him all antsy. Not good – not good for his currently recovering condition.

“Arasso. Come as soon as you can, okay? We don’t have much time,” Cho Han-Ah replied. Her tone never really lost the exasperated layer.

“Yes, eomma”

“Be careful on your way, Chanyeol-ah…

 


 

 

Park Residence

Evening

 

            Only God knew how jumpy Park Chanyeol was every second. He kept on glancing at the dashboard clock of the bus he rode on and the second the door opened, he jumped out and ran his way to his house. The lights were switched on and that itself signified his parents were indeed within the vicinity.

“Eomma? Appa? I’m home!” the 17-year-old called out. He stumbled while trying to get his trainers off.

Immediately, Chanyeol saw his mother rushing to him down the hallway from the living room’s archway. Chanyeol scrutinised for any sign of distress on the beautiful lady’s face but saw none. Instead, the 41-year-old lady was grinning like mad scientist with her white coat still on and all. Chanyeol was baffled. If she was like this, then where was the trouble? What was the trouble that made her wanted him to come home so early?

Cho Han-Ah beamed, happy beyond words when she heard the front door opened and her beloved son called out. She hastily rose from her seat and walked out of the living room to welcome the boy. Park Hae-Sung could only shake his head in amusement. His wife’s unpredictable mood swings were far too handful to attend to.

“Eomma?” Chanyeol began still confused. Was this one of his mother’s I-miss-you-that’s-the-emergency tactics again? If yes, then it certainly was successful to wipe away all his bitterness towards his parents.

“Chanyeol-ah! I miss you!” Cho Han-Ah hugged the tall boy. Despite being squished to death (he’s exaggerating) by his mother, Chanyeol rolled his eyes and managed a small smile.

“Oh, I’m going to miss my baby boy!”

The smile died.

“Wait-what??” Chanyeol squeaked and grabbed the woman’s shoulders to stare into the still happy eyes of his mother.

“That’s what I’ve-we’ve been wanting to tell you, Chanyeol-ah,” Cho Han-Ah said softly. She was calm. Her momentary excitement vanished.

“Tell me what? What are you talking about, eomma? You’re confusing me here”

Without words, Cho Han-Ah laced her hand with the boy’s and slowly pulled the boy towards the living room. Let her tell the news with her husband by her side. She seated the puzzled boy down in front of Park Hae-Sung and she took the seat besides the quiet master of the house – the seat she previously left.

“Okay, here goes,” Cho Han-Ah sighed. “We’re leaving, Chanyeol-ah.”

For the nth time that day, Chanyeol shouted out.

“WHAT?”

“We’re leaving tonight,” Park Hae-Sung looked up from the medical journal he was reading and almost laughed at his son’s childish expression. The boy’s long black hair was messy. He was wearing his usual white shirt with a thick dark blue jacket. The boy’s sling bag was close to his side. Hae-Sung looked at his son’s face. Chanyeol’s eyes almost popped out of their sockets. His mouth hung open.

“For The States, Chanyeol-ah,” Park Hae-Sung decided to save the boy from another heart attack.

“There’s a doctor’s convention and medical courses we need to attend. Of course, there’s also the new case we need to look up on and our branch there really need our help. We got the reports today. We’re flying at 3am,” Han-Ah added.

Chanyeol’s flustered face finally dissolved. He nodded. So, this was all this about? He nearly went crazy thinking something bad had happened and now hearing what really was going on, he didn’t know what to say.

“Oh”

….

“Wait? You’re going tonight? You’re leaving me tonight??” the boy panicked again.

“We’re not leaving you alone, Chanyeol,” Han-Ah smiled then giggled. In her eyes, she saw her little boy again – the 6-year-old child that clutched her hand tightly.

“Then? Chung-Ae ahjumma’s here?”

“No baby, we send her home this afternoon so we have to forward our plans,” Cho Han-Ah said. Then she paused.

“So tonight, we’re sending you to your husband”

For the last time that night, Park Chanyeol yelled out again.

“WHAAAT??

 


 

Apgujeong-dong

Luhan’s apartment

Evening

 

            “Gege, wake up! Luhan gege is fuming!” An exasperated alto voice called out again. Wu Yi Fan felt hands shaking his body but his eyes were too tired to open. Grunting, he swatted the nuisance away. But, the shaking continued again. This time, it was stronger but Yi Fan absolutely refused to be awakened.

“Urgh…5 more minutes…” he mumbled.

“GEGE. WAKE. UP!” Another hysterical voice shouted. “Oh no, he’s here!!!”

Rapid footsteps were heard, frightened whispers called out and Wu Yi Fan frowned in his tired, half-conscious state. Then, everything was silent. Curious, groggy Yi Fan opened an eye and thought he saw a lion. Then, his eyes focused and saw it was Luhan standing in front of him.

“Oh, hi Lu-“ he stopped when he saw Luhan’s expression was nowhere near pleasant, “Uh-oh…”

“Yeah, uh-oh…Is that all you can say to me?” Luhan snarled. The petite lad was crossing his arms and stared Yi Fan down. The tall and younger one was definitely in trouble.

The angelic yet in every sense an evil smirk on the elder’s face sent shivers down Yi Fan’s spine and his tiredness was all but stayed. Yi Fan gulped. He probably had a slightest idea as to why the ever sweet Luhan was turning into a Medusa. The lion-hair kind of created that effect.

“Errr….sorry?” Yi Fan tried. His eyes slyly looking for the 2 hiding members.

“Oh no, you’re not. I’m not gonna let you off this time! You overgrown food-stealer! Kitchen-destroyer! House-ransacker!” Luhan suddenly pulled Yi Fan up from the sofa he was sleeping on, surprising the bloke with the strength the other showed. He was almost half of Luhan’s size and the older one managed to drag him. What horror!?

“Err, Luhan, ransacker is not a word…”

“Shut up!”

Luhan was mad alright. Yi Fan’s arms became his punching bags. He even pinched and slapped any limb of the tall male he could reach. Yi Fan let him – too tired to argue and too scared to face Luhan’s wrath-from-Hell.

The two stopped in front of Luhan’s gross kitchen. The once spotless floor was now spoiled. The sink was littered with ramyun’s packages, a black bowl and a frying pan and chopsticks all swimming in a pool of water. There was also a spoon…and a ladle on Luhan’s wooden dining table. A glass of water lay helpless on the floor; its content spilled out. And that almost made Luhan tripped.

Obviously, whoever was cooking in the cutie’s kitchen was an extremely messy one – careless too. Since, there were only Yixing, Tao and Yi Fan in his home, he narrowed down the suspects.

Tao couldn’t even cook to save his life. The boy rather ate Yixing’s snacks than cook a healthy meal.

Yixing was as hygienic as him…and Luhan barely knew if Yixing used his kitchen. Everything always went back to their places.

So, that left Luhan with the lazy and half-asleep Yi Fan he was dragging – who he found comfortably sleeping on his couch the moment he stepped out of the kitchen after putting away his groceries.

“Now, you better tell me, Yi Fan! Or I swear I will make you clean this all with your tongue!” Luhan seethed.

“…”

“Well?”

“Lemme get the mop…” Yi Fan chose.

Thankfully, Luhan was not the grudging type – well he was, sorta. He wanted his home clean as soon as possible and as he couldn’t stand the sight of rubbish any longer, the slim male glared at Yi Fan and barked out an order.

“Everything must be clean!”

“Yes, Lulu,” Yi Fan sighed and made his way to get the pail.

“Just so you know, YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO USE MY KITCHEN ANYMORE! NOT WITHOUT MY SUPERVISION, GET THAT K.LI??” Luhan hollered.

“Yeah, yeah…” Yi Fan replied.

 

27 minutes later…

Just his luck he had to clean at almost 10 at night. Well, it was his fault to begin with. In his sleep-induced state, his hunger was too much to bear. And cook he did.

Luhan let out a sound of approval once Wu Yi Fan finished his task. And bother the lanky male not. He even let Yi Fan use the couch for the night. Luhan was too forgiving sometimes. Yi Fan was planning to sleep over after all. Both Yixing and Tao had already settled into the thick comforter on the wide mattress just by Yi Fan’s side. The two were soundly asleep and they squirmed more into the blanket in search for heat.

Walking back to his now awaiting makeshift bed, Yi Fan stopped when his phone vibrated. Without caring much, the male opened it to find a text from his mother.

Your wife is waiting for you at home.

Oh shoot… 

 

-End of PART IV-