11

Our History

 

30th January, 2010

Wu Yi Fan’s bachelor pad

Evening

 

Slowly taking off his favourite brown shoes, Wu Yi Fan snapped his fingers turning on the hallway lights. He sighed as he only felt silence ringing in his ears. He lived alone, that’s way. The big house felt empty to him. The house was literally his only place for sleeping, eating and showering. It was supposed to be his and his wife’s home so the house was designed for them two – according to their tastes. But he thought his mama designed the house more according to his wife’s taste. He kind of complained about it and all his mama said was-

“Aiya Yi Fan, I prefer it if you live in a normal house rather than a ghost mansion! The house’s fine as it is!”

So yeah…that was it.

It was sort of ironic that the two primary colours in the house were black and white (more white than black). Yeah, his wife loved white alright. The contrast was stark but they blended in well. There were a few additional shades of brown for the furniture but most of them were either white or black. He was at first mesmerised with the whole interior, it felt homey and spacey but overtime he couldn’t help the loneliness.  

Walking towards his room – the master bedroom, Yi Fan shed his denim jacket and looked at the time. He decided to take a short shower. It was winter after all, who in their right mind would purposely get wet in the cold?

While showering, Yi Fan’s mind planned what he was going to do. He’d eat first once he was done then do his assignments. Thankfully, business was easy for him. He was after all, an heir to a massive company so he was raised with business as one of his daily ‘subject’. After that….he’d go to sleep. Thankfully SM gave them that Sunday to relax.

With his black sweater in hand, Yi Fan went down the stairs to go the kitchen. He’d just make something simple….like ramyun. His grey-pants cladded legs walked with a perfect ease as he put on his shirt. He didn’t bother to comb his tousled damp hair which has already reached slightly above his shoulder blades.

“I need a haircut,” he sighed as he saw his reflection in one of the many wall mirrors all over the house.

The ramyun didn’t even take him that long to prepare. Now, sitting down in the white-walled dining room – alone – he gulped down the food happily. He was hungry. Moreover, it took him about an hour to get back home from Chanyeol’s. maybe he should call his mother.

As if hearing his thoughts, the house phone rang.

He knew it was his mother. Only his family knew the number. Yi Fan picked up the now empty bowl and his used chopsticks and carried them to the sink. He’d wash them after he’d take the call.

“Hello?”

The one on the other side of the line squealed his name.

“Mama?”

“Yi Fan!!”

“What got you so happy? Anything I should know about?”

“Oh Yi Fan, remember our last conversation? Oh, I can’t wait to tell you!”

Yi Fan was quiet. He remembered it well. He had quite a hunch about what his mama would say. She sounded happy alright so it must had mean-

“He agreed, Yi Fan! He agreed!”

Oh.

“Oh,” was all Yi Fan could say. Honestly, he had nothing to say to his mama. As if not hearing Yi Fan response, Wu Jing Ren continued on with her happy ‘news’.

“Yi Fan, I expect the house to be in a top-notch condition. I want the house clean by the time he comes. Get that? And when I mean clean – that includes your room. He’ll be staying in the same room, you got that?!”

Yi Fan had to hold the phone away from his ear as his mother practically hollered out her last sentence. Yi Fan sighed at his mother’s antics. The woman had too much energy for someone in her early 40s. Thankfully, he was more like his father – only talking when comfortable and only talking when it was necessary. Imagine how the world would become if he were to be like his mother’s hyperactive self? He could hear the woman’s blabbering on the other side but it was too loud for him to put the phone back to his ear.

“Yi Fan, you hear me?!”

“Yeah, I hear you, ma,” Yi Fan rolled his eyes. Wu Jing Ren could beat their member Sehun in his ADHD competition. And that was saying something, as that youngest member of their literally could not stay still. Maybe, Wu Jing Ren could beat him in a pep-talk competition.

“What did I say?”

“You asked me to clean my room”

“And…?!”

“Err…that’s it?”

“WU YI FAN!”

Wu Jing Ren was definitely fuming, her son was ignoring her! It was morning in Canada and that was the only time she could call Yi Fan. The time difference was limiting her from talking to the 19-year-old teen. She had just received a call from Han-Ah saying that her daughter-in-law agreed to live with her aloof son. And here she was telling Yi Fan about the good news and he acted all nonchalant about it. Oh, her blood pressure!

“Yi Fan! I told you he’s coming to live with you in 2 days! So you better clean up well, young man! I will not have my precious daughter see your sloppy side. Oh god, no!”

To this Yi Fan let out a shocked, “WHAT??”

“Good, you’re listening now,” Jing Ren said smugly.

“Mama! What do you-“

“Oh~ look at the time! I have to go now. I have a bunch of new designs for the spring collection to do! I’ll talk to you later, darling! Bye~”

And with that, Yi Fan was stumped with the abrupt end.

“She didn’t even let me finish! Much less, say goodbye!” Yi Fan muttered slightly ticked off.

Now, he got a problem in his hands. So, his spouse had decided to agree to their new living arrangements…what was he supposed to do now? Aside from cleaning up, of course. What if it would be awkward? Did their parents expect them to love one another and be like other married couples?

“I hope not,” Yi Fan prayed as he walked back up into his vast bedroom. The dirty dishes forgotten. Just as he was about to sit and study, it was now his mobile phone that rang. It couldn’t be his mother again, could it?

Quickly, he got up and snatched the device from the bedside cupboard and glanced at the screen. His heart leaped.

It was Chanyeol.

They never really had the need to text much less call one another. They were always together – an inseparable duo.

Still pondering, he picked up the call.

“Yobeseyo?” he spoke.

“……”

This was strange. There was no one speaking on the other line. He looked at the screen again to make sure he really did answer the call.

Yeah, he did, the line was connecting. He spoke again.

“Chanyeol-ah, are you there?” he asked, quite disturbed with the unusual silence. He could hear someone exhaling through the phone. He knew now that Chanyeol was really on the other line.

“Hyung…” a timid voice called out.

Yi Fan’s eyebrow rose. What was wrong with his young lover?

“You don’t usually call me…You okay, Yeol?” Yi Fan gently asked. He was getting anxious now.

“Hyung, I-I have something to tell you”

Chanyeol’s voice was so soft that Yi Fan almost didn’t hear it. Thank god, they were speaking without the presence of others. If not, he definitely had to ask Chanyeol of his previous statement.

“Oh? What is-“ Yi Fan began but Chanyeol’s next statement made him mute.

“We can’t be together anymore”

 

…..What?

 

That was all Yi Fan’s mind could comprehend. He didn’t know what he was hearing or what he was going to say. Did he hear correctly? Or was Chanyeol playing with him right now? Was this a prank? He was waiting for the ‘gotcha!’

It couldn’t be real. This was only an insane joke Chanyeol pulled on him.

“What are you saying, Yeol-ah?”

His lips moved. He knew he asked but his voice sounded foreign to his ears. It sounded monotonous.

“I-I’m saying that we can’t be together anymore,” Chanyeol strongly said.

“Why?”

The seconds ticked too slowly as Yi Fan waited for Chanyeol’s answer.

“I like someone else”

That confession just broke something in Yi Fan’s chest. His heart? Was it possible?

“You like someone else…” Yi Fan said dazedly. Suddenly he was overcome with a feeling akin to hurt but he was also angry. His ego was bruised. Park Chanyeol just infuriated him and degraded his pride. What was he, a plaything to the boy? He was not – nobody crossed his temper. Not now, not ever.

On the other side of the line, sitting on his bed trying to hold in his tears, Chanyeol was guilty and grieving. He was a victim of a circumstance he willingly threw himself into. Now, he had to lie – telling white lies to the first person he ever fully gave his heart to.

“Yeah, hyung, I fall in love with someone else,” Chanyeol tried to sound happy but he was already crying on the inside. With every word he uttered, a part of him left. He tried to talk again.

“He’s so nice and I respect him a lot. He’s perfect. We can-“

“It’s fine by me. It’s not like we’re in a relationship in the first place,” Yi Fan said coldly. His pride was not one to be played with. It was true. They never really were official.

“We’re best friends, right?”

Unknown to Yi Fan, his dismissive remark added salt to Chanyeol’s already bleeding heart. So he was nothing more to Yi Fan than his ‘best’ friend??

It hurt. It hurt so much.

“Yeah, we are. So, I’ll hang up now. Good night, hyung,” Chanyeol whispered dejectedly.

“Yeah, see you tomorrow,” Yi Fan said indifferently and immediately tapped the ‘end call’ button. He didn’t think he could stand another moment hearing Chanyeol’s voice. With his newly broken heart, how could he hear or face the person who broke it?

However, Chanyeol interpreted his action in a wrong way. He thought Yi Fan felt he was wasting the taller male’s time. Yi Fan just hung up on him. He didn’t know if he should dig a hole to crawl into or flood his bed with his tears. He chose the latter.

“I-I thought you like me, hyung…I love you,” Chanyeol whispered pitifully. The phone was still in his limp hand. The black screen reflected Chanyeol’s anguished expression. As if all his energy left him, all Chanyeol did was slumped back onto his mattress.

“I’m sorry, hyung. I’m so sorry”    

Chanyeol muttered repeatedly and curled into a ball – suddenly feeling so cold and hurt - lonely. It didn’t matter if he would find another. It wouldn’t matter if he had a husband.

All he wanted was Wu Yi Fan.

And he just lost him. 

 

 

 

“His name is Kris”

 

A/N: Hello! It's Amber here. So, with assignments in hand (it is my last year), I prolly can only update on weekends~ But here's a new chap, hope you enjoy it! Subscribe and comment, everybody!! ^^ I've read all the comments, and again I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Subscriptions are very much welcomed! So enjoy reading~

P.S. I typed these all in one go so there's bound to be errors here and there and I'll get back to them later~ ^^