02

Our History

 

November 6th, 2008

Park Residence, Korea

 

“I…I agree, eomma”

Cho Han-Ah analysed her 15-year-old boy. Her son was fidgety but trying to appear unaffected by her request. She knew how Chanyeol felt; she was his mother after all.

“I’m not forcing you to agree, Chanyeol-ah,” Han-Ah spoke earnestly.

However the boy was undeterred with his decision. “No, eomma, I want to do this. I’ve never done anything before to make you proud…I want to do this.”

Han-Ah nodded her head, feeling touched by her son’s reason. She cupped her boy’s slightly chubby cheeks and kissed the boy’s hair. Chanyeol was her good boy. She wanted to say that by bringing him up was enough a gift to her and her husband.

Chanyeol loved his mother’s warm hands. She made him feel like a child again, with his mother playing with him.

“Just know that, whatever decisions you make and if you change your mind, I will not be angry with it, Chanyeol-ah”

“I’ve made up my mind, eomma”

“You sure?”

Chanyeol nodded his head and flashed her, a winning smile. Han-Ah chuckled and petted his head.

“Aigoo, my boy is getting married,” she sighed contently. Chanyeol saw the soft smile on her mother’s young face and thought he saw her eyes slightly watery but when he blinked, it wasn’t there. Dismissing it, Chanyeol felt pleased he could make her proud of him.

“Eomma, I’m only getting married. It’s not like I will leave you,” the boy teased.

“Still! You’re getting married!”

Chanyeol laughed. He wondered who he was being married to. His mother told him, he was marrying the son of his father’s business partner and he calmly accepted it. He would try his best to be a good spouse, even if it would mean he would be the wife.

“Eomma, do I have to live with him?”

“Hmm? Aniyo. It’s up to the two of you. But for now, we decided to let you two go on with your own lives.”

“Oh,” Chanyeol murmured. He was glad with the arrangement as he knew he was not ready yet to give up his dream to be an entertainer; a singer. He was now currently accepted by SM Entertainment and it would be a major let down if he was forced to quit being a trainee.

“Don’t worry, Chanyeol-ah!” his mother patted his cheeks. Her shiny eyes told him, she understood.

 

Wu Yi Fan and Park Chan Yeol were legally married.