2.

Nanny for hire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

​​​[Heechul's Pov] 

 

 

“Yeah. I'd probably look for another job.”

 

“Why though? Your interview didn't go well?”

 

“I screwed up. I have to find one again.”

 

“Oh goodluck. You've been—”

 

“Shhh. I know what you are trying to say. Keep it to yourself.” I cut him off and just walked. Yes, I decided to walk around to calm my mind. The past few days have been so tough and stressful for me. My landlord keeps nagging me and asking for my rent. It's already overdue and I need to pay her as soon as possible because If not, I might be homeless.

 

“I'll call you later.” I said and hung up on him. While I was walking, I saw a kid and she was crying. I ran towards her and knelt down.

 

“What happened?” I asked.

 

“I'm lost... Help me...” She said and her voice started to cracks her up. Her eyes were puffy and looked so desperate to find someone.

 

“I'll help you but you have to calm down, okay? We will find your parents.” I held her hands and led her. We roamed around and looked for her parents. We found nothing.

 

“He already left me, didn't he?” She asked, she also stopped crying and just stared blankly at our surroundings.

 

“He? I mean your father? That's impossible.”

 

“My uncle...” She whispered but loud enough to be heard.

 

“He'd probably leave me here. He hated me.” She added. I flinched upon hearing those words from a kid.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“We never got along well. He even sacrifice his own work just to take care of me. I know he hates me.” She explained and looked down. I knelt down and held her shoulders.

 

“Why would he hate a lovely kid like you? I doubt that. Maybe your uncle is not a showy person but I swear, he loves you.” I said, cupping her cheeks and lifted her face.

 

I saw her crying... It broke my heart. I could see myself in her. I was like her when I was a little innocent kid.

 

“Can I hug you?” I asked, waiting for her permission and she nodded. I pulled her into a tight hug and I wanted her to feel loved and safe. She's just a kid and no one deserves to feel that way. I gently tapped her back and smiled as I felt she leaned into my hug.

 

After our heart to heart talk, we decided to find her uncle and we spotted a car.

 

“That's his car!!” She shouted and pointed out the car. We went there but It was empty. No one's there.

 

“Let's wait here.” I said. I held her hands and her grip was so tight.

 

“I'm scared... What if he abandoned me?” She suddenly spoke. I looked down at her and she was still scared.

 

“No, sweetie. He would never do that.” I assured her and hugged her again. She hugged me back and we heard a voice.

 

“Nini!” Upon hearing someone's voice, we pulled apart and looked at him. 

 

“Is she your uncle?” I asked and looked straight into her eyes. 

 

“Y-yes.” She responded and held my hand again. 

 

“We found him. I told you we were going to find your uncle.” I happily responded and gently pinched her cheek.

 

“Here.” I said as gave Nini's hand to him. I couldn't help but smile at the guy and back to Nini.

 

“She was scared when I saw her. She thought you already left her. Don't worry I didn't do anything to her. I just helped her and made her calm.” I continued. He grabbed her hand and Nini kept looking at me. 

 

“Thank you.” He said and shifted her eyes to his niece. I could notice how the guy kept looking at me and kind of amazed (?) 

 

Well, I admit it. Her uncle is good looking and fine as well. 

 

“Welcome. I'll go first.” I said and for the last time, I approached Nini and cupped her cheeks.

 

“Stop crying and be a good girl okay? If there's a next time, let's meet again.” I reminded her. She nodded and leaned into my touch again as if she felt comfortable in my warmth. 

 

I got up and bowed my head a bit. I started to walk away from them and left them two alone. Even though I wanted to stay, I know they'd probably want to talk to each other.

 

I'm really curious about that kid and her relationship with her uncle. Why is she so scared? Maybe she's been suffering a lot and can't open up to her uncle.

 

She's just like me. I remembered myself, my younger self.

 

 

“So what's your next plan? Do you want me to find a larger box for you? the one you can fit yourself in.” Ryeowook teasingly said.

 

“No thanks. You're so annoying.”

 

“You never know what's going to happen... You should prepare yourself for a big chaos.” He said and roamed his eyes around my house.

 

“You ain't helping me!”

 

“I am helping you tho. I'm giving you advice.” He laughed. Oh God why do I need to have a friend like this.... He's so annoying.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter