27.—[END]

Nanny for hire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

“Uncle, I miss you! Why are you not answering my calls the past few days? I thought you left me.” Nini said, almost crying and held my hand.

 

“I was just busy at work and I'm really sorry about it. I promised, right? I wouldn't break my words.” I responded and Nini cracked a smile.

 

We were both in the backyard and sitting there. Good thing even her grandma let us talk alone while Jungsoo is talking to them to let them know too. I can't help but be nervous because I can see the nervousness in Nini's eyes and she is not used to this. I can feel her nervousness and wondering what's going on. 

 

“Okay but why are we here? Let's go inside—” I cut her off and held her hand tightly.

 

“I have to tell you something.” 

 

She looked at me and she was already on the verge of crying, she seems really anxious and curious but we have to talk about this one. As per Jungsoo, Nini is the one who wants to find me so It would be so unfair if I kept this from her. I don't want to lie and bury everything without her knowing. I've already learned from the past mistakes I did with Jungsoo and I've seen how Jungsoo suffered, which I ignored. I don't want her to experience any of that. 

 

“But first thing first, always remember that I love you and my love won't change. Whatever I say, nothing will change, okay? Let's heal together and start over again.” I reassured her. She nervously nodded at me and bit her lower lip.

 

Nothing will really change. What happened to Donghae wasn't their fault and no one wants that to happen. I already forgave them along time ago.... It was just that I couldn't find any strength to do it. I know the memories would stay but someday, I will learn how to deal with it and live my life with full of happiness.

 

“You've been looking for me, am I right?” I asked her and she still couldn't understand what I was saying.

 

“I'm the older brother of the boy who died in your parents' car accident. I'm the guy you're looking for, Nini.” I added, my voice cracked up and looked away.

 

I can't stand seeing her in pain. The way she figures it out, she suddenly looks depressed. Her hand that I was holding started trembling. I know she's trying to process everything I've said and I know she will overcome this because we're on her side and we will help her.

 

“You what? That's not true.” She said, removing her hands off me.

 

“It's true but Hey, little one, I'm not mad at you. None of us want that to happen so please stop stressing yourself out about the things you've never done. I'm just letting you know because you deserve to know it. After this conversation, promise me nothing will change between us. We are still best buddies and we will back to our normal routine.” I explained. She kept looking away from me so I cupped her cheeks to look at her carefully.

 

“Uncle...” She bursts into tears and threw her body at me. Nini hugged me tight as she cried on my shoulder.

 

“I love you, Nini.” I whispered as I buried my face on the crook of her neck.

 

 

“We will pick you up tomorrow, okay?” Jungsoo said to her. Nini is holding my hand and not letting it go. Jungsoo decided to take her home since I'm planning on going back home. 

 

“Promise?” She asked, making sure it was true and we nodded.

 

“Promise.” We both responded. Nini has been wanting to go back to her Uncle's house for a long time but Jungsoo keeps saying no because I'm not home yet. Jungsoo was afraid that Nini would look for me every day and it would be difficult for him to explain everything to Nini.

 

“See, I was right when I said I already met you once.” Nini's Grandma came out while looking at me. She placed her hands on Nini's shoulders and smiled warmly.

 

“What a coincidence and destiny.” I replied and smiled at them.

 

We were on the way home, no, Kyuhyun's apartment. I decided to stay for another day at Kyuhyun's place because we have to talk. I have to thank him for making me realize everything. He's a good friend and an angel in disguise. Jungsoo agreed to what I wanted to happen and insisted on taking me back there. 

 

“When are you coming back home?” He asked, while driving and his eyes were focused on the road.

 

“Probably tomorrow. I just wanted to thank him and bond with him for the last time before going home.” I turned my head on him and smiled.

 

“I should treat him dinner. He has taken care of you while I was away and let you stay at his place.” Jungsoo said and I saw how he smiled.

 

“He's nice and a good friend of mine.” I informed him and when the car stopped , he held my hand and kissed it. 

 

“I know you'll come back to me. I always trust you and will love you as long as I'm alive and as long as you want me by your side.” Jungsoo said, sincerely and his words made me tear up.

 

“I'm sorry for not giving you a chance to explain and for not trusting you... I love you, Jungsoo.” I cried and hugged him.

 

“I love you too, Heechul.” Jungsoo replied, pulled away from my hug and placed a kiss on my forehead.

 

As I arrived, I saw Kyuhyun sitting on the sofa and the cans scattered on the floor. Something was urging me to approach him so I did. When I was able to get close, his eyes snapped open and smiled.

 

“You're back.” He said while pointing his finger on me and the smell of alcohol was very strong. I sat down on the floor to check him out.

 

“Did something happen?” I asked him worriedly. When my eyes landed on the table, I saw a note on so I picked it up and read it.

 

“Please take care of Kyu. I already left and he doesn't want to stop drinking so I have no choice but to leave him because we still have work tomorrow. Thank you!

 

                                                                          —Eunhyuk”

 

I turned my gaze to him again and he looks dazed. It's like he's dealing with something so I can't help but to feel worried about him. It's my first time to see him like this.

 

“Get up and change your clothes.” I ordered him but he shifted his position, he turned his back on me.

 

I waited for him to be okay but instead of it, I saw that his shoulder was shaking and letting out soft sobs. I held him by the shoulder and gently caressed it. I didn't speak and just stayed near him.

 

After his breakdown, he sat up and looked down at me.

 

“Can you stay with me?” He painfully asked me.

 

“Sure.” 

 

“I mean for a long time. Just stay here and be with me.” Kyuhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter