22.

Nanny for hire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

“You let them talk? No wonder Jungsoo really loves you. You are the one who made a way for them to talk and also to make things clear. I salute you.” Eunhyuk said and gave me a thumbs up.

 

They didn't stay long at the shop since Jungsoo's ex boyfriend's wife arrived and Jungsoo went back to his work. My three co-workers... well, the only two, they ask a lot of questions since it's not my business, I don't answer their questions too much.

 

“Isn't there anything you want to ask Kyuhyun?” Zhoumi turned to Kyuhyun who rolled his eyes.

 

“And why? I'm not even interested.” He responded coldly.

 

“You say you're sad because—” He immediately cut Zhoumi off.

 

“Shut up.” He firmly said and stared at Zhoumi, which silenced him. 

 

Why do they seem to be having a conversation that I'm not aware of? Is there anything I should know? Well, we haven't been working together for a long time so I understood that there are things I don't know about. 

 

We opened the shop again and already had customers so back to work. As our daily routine, I take orders and also clean the tables once they are finished.

 

“Take a rest first.” Kyuhyun whispered as I went to the counter. I looked at him and quickly shook my head. That's unfair because we are all tired.

 

“I'm fine.” I smiled at him even though he wasn't looking at me, I still smiled.

 

Kyuhyun is kind but sometimes he really has his own world and he prefers to be alone. I still love to be friends with him. Maybe with a little more push, he will be my friend too.

 

“If stare could kill, I'd be dead right now.” He suddenly spoke and I saw him smile.

 

“I'm not staring at you.” I defended myself and left him alone at the counter to do my work.

 

He's so unbelievable.

 

 

“Is your boyfriend going to pick you up?” Eunhyuk asked, fixing his things.

 

“Maybe? Not really sure because he hasn't messaged me yet.”

 

“If not, just go with Kyuhyun so you can have someone with you.” Eunhyuk suggested. If he's not coming, I'd probably go with Kyuhyun. 

 

“Let's see...” 

 

I was outside the shop waiting for Jungsoo while the other two had already left. Kyuhyun is still inside the shop and is still fixing something. I took my phone to check if Jungsoo had a message because he should be here at this time.

 

Maybe he's too busy or has a sudden agenda? Okay, I will call Ara instead. I dialed her number and just a few rings, she immediately answered my call.

 

“Heechul?”

 

“Yes, it's me. I just want to know if Jungsoo is still there?”

 

“He is. He still has a meeting and I'm not sure what time it will end.” 

 

“Really?” 

 

“Yes. Why is there a problem? You want me to excuse him?”

 

“Don't. Please just tell him that I'm going home and he just go straight home.” 

 

“Okay noted.” 

 

“Thank you.”

 

Just in time, Kyuhyun came out and we both looked at each other. Kyuhyun's look was so intimidating. It's like every time he looks at you, he's judging you.

 

“Why are you here? Where is your boyfriend?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“Still at work. Can I just go with you? I don't want to walk and commute alone.” I said. He didn't answer right away and it took a while before he said yes.

 

We were walking to the bus stop and it was really awkward. We don't talk and are too shy to open a topic. It's more better than not being with anyone while heading home. 

 

“Are you renting a place?” He asked, he was the first one to break the silence between us.

 

“Rent? No. My current place is my boyfriend's house and his niece is with us. I was his niece's nanny before and you know we fell in each other so I decided to quit and look for another job.” I explained.

 

“That's interesting. A nanny who became his boss's boyfriend. That's cute.” Kyuhyun answered. I turned my gaze to him and watched him, he smiles a lot today so it's refreshing.

 

“How about you? Who do you live with?” I asked him too.

 

“I don't have anyone with me. My parents have migrated to the states and made me choose....” He started.

 

Silence

 

“They asked me to choose whether I will go with them or stay here. I rejected their offer and stayed here. I have to do everything I could to survive and support myself. After they went to the states, they cut off their support and until now they are still mad because of the decision I've chosen.” He added.

 

That's too cruel and sad. I didn't speak and let him have his moment. I don't want to just talk, especially since I'm not in his situation and I don't know what he feels.

 

“Don't feel sorry for me. I've survived all these years and I'm happy with my decision. Sometimes it crosses my mind that what if I go with them? Will I be happy and have no regrets? At the end of the day, I'm always thankful because I followed myself and my heart.” Kyuhyun said. I could see in his eyes that he had no regrets and I'm sure he's happy.

 

“And you? Where's your family?” 

 

Here we go again but this time I am willing to open up and share my experience with other people. It's time to be brave and face the reality. 

 

“My parents already died and just a couple of days, a week I guess. My brother also died. I was left alone so I have no one not until I met Jungsoo and Nini. As the days go by, I have learned to accept everything and be happy so I'm really doing well now.” I said. It doesn't hurt too much anymore, I don't wanna be hurt anymore because I know that even though they are no longer by my side, they are still watching and guiding me all the time.

 

 

“See you tomorrow.” Kyuhyun said with a smile while waving at me.

 

And since he would take a different way, we separated and I am so near to our house. I enjoyed his company and he was unexpectedly fun person. I learned a lot about him and somehow I got to know him well.

 

“See you and be safe, okay? Thanks for letting me go with you. I owe you one coffee.” I jokingly said and he laughed.

 

“I will remember that.” He said and walked while still waving until he was kind of far from me so I went st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter