13.

Nanny for hire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Jungsoo's Pov] 

 

Even when I'm already at work, I can't even focus. Some employees have been calling me out; I feel like I'm not really myself right now. 

 

“What's bothering you? It seems like your mind is so space out.” Ara said as she put the documents on my table.

 

“Heechul and I just had an argument earlier. Don't worry this won't happen again. I'm sorry if you guys are also affected.” I answered calmly.

 

“What did you argue about? It's so rare to see you like that.” 

 

“Too personal.” 

 

“If you say so. I'll just leave the documents here and call me if it's ready to pick up so I can send it to the other company.” She said and I only nodded.

 

Ara didn't stay long and left me alone. I must have been too affected by our argument earlier. I also noticed how much I have changed. This is my first time seeing myself like this.

 

In the midst of the chaos we've made together, I'm still confused and kind of disappointed. I leaned on the swivel chair and looked up.

 

“Get yourself back. You have to wake up. This is not you.” I said to myself and sighed.

 

 

“Aren't you going home?” Ryeowook asked as he peeked through the door.

 

“I'm about to.” I answered and stood up from my seat.

 

“Let's go out together.” 

 

“Sure.” 

 

When I put all my things in order, I also left my office. While Ryeowook and I were walking, I noticed that he was constantly glancing at me.

 

“Stop staring at me like that. If you want me to ask a question, spill it.” I said and looked at him.

 

“You fought?” He asked directly and I just nodded.

 

“Oh that's why he called me earlier.”

 

“What did he say?” 

 

“Well, he asked me if I was free but refused to go out since I had things to do.” He said and shrugged.

 

“And?” 

 

“And? Well, he's with someone now. I already met that guy tho. Wait let me think about it.” Ryeowook said and stopped walking. I did the same and waited for him.

 

Is he with someone else? As far as I remember, he doesn't have any other friends but Ryeowook so it's impossible for him to have any other friends since I've never seen him hanging out with someone lately. 

 

“Kyunghoon! That's his name.” He said when he finally remembered his name.

 

Kyunghoon? That guy who went here yesterday? They just met tho...

 

“The man who came here yesterday? Why are they together? Where are the two of them?” I asked.

 

“Heechul didn't say anything as far as I know, they are together now.” Ryeowook answered and started walking again.

 

I looked at my wristwatch to check the time. It's already 6:30 pm and I don't know if Heechul will come home tonight.

 

We reached the parking lot and parted ways. When I got into the car, I checked my phone and checked my contact list. I hesitated whether to call Heechul or not.

 

“.” I whispered and tossed my phone somewhere. I started driving home and maybe I should relax my mind first.

 

 

“Hello? How was your day with your grandparents?” I asked her on the other line.

 

“I had a lot of fun and we ate together. Grandma braided my hair and I liked it so much. As for Grandpa, he told me some stories about my parents. I've realized while I was living my life, I forgot about them...”

 

The sound of her voice that was first, very happy and excited just disappeared and was replaced by sadness.

 

“Nini, that's not true. They are always in your heart. Fine let's visit them at their grave once I have a free time. Deal?” 

 

“Deal. Uncle....”

 

“Why? Is there still something bothering you?”

 

The painful memories that she was trying to forget opened up again. I know she's struggling and still blames herself for what happened to her parents.

 

“Remember the kid who died because of their car accident?” 

 

“I've heard about it but I don't know who the kid is.” 

 

“Let's find his family. I want to see the family he left behind and apologize for what happened.” 

 

“Are you sure?” 

 

“Yes. Grandpa said they visited the boy on the last day of his wake and said he had a brother. They even offered to help him and talked to him but after his burial, they never had a chance to see him again and sold their house.”

 

“That thing would be so hard but I will do my best.” 

 

“Uncle, thank you so much.” 

 

“You're welcome.” 

 

“Where's Uncle Heechul? Is he already home? Can you please pass the phone to him?”

 

“He's still out with his friends.” 

 

“Really? It seems like he's having a good time. I want to tell him something.” 

 

“What is it? I will deliver it to him once he comes back.”

 

“Grandma said, he looks familiar. It seems like they met somewhere but she can't remember. She forgot to ask him earlier if they already met before.” 

 

“Really? What a coincidence. Don't worry I will ask him if he already met your Grandma.” 

 

“You're the best. Uncle, I will hang up cause we have to sleep already.” 

 

“Ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter