14.

Nanny for hire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Jungsoo's Pov]

 

I woke up and had a back pain. I didn't realize I fell asleep on the sofa waiting for Heechul last night. I immediately sat up and looked around to check if Heechul had come home.

 

“He's not here.” I said and got up to go to his room but when I stood up, the blanket fell on the floor so I frowned.

 

As far as I remember, I didn't bring a blanket last night and—

 

“Good morning.” He greeted while going down. I looked at him and he was smiling at me.

 

Am I dreaming? Is he really smiling? We literally argued yesterday and now..? Never mind. Maybe he already made up his mind.

 

“What time did you get home?” I asked him.

 

“11? Not sure though. Anyway, shall we pick up Nini now? Why aren't you ready?” He changed the topic. 

 

“. I forgot. I'll be quick, wait for me.” I answered and ready myself as fast as I could. 

 

 

“Let's go.” I said and drove off.

 

While I was driving, I noticed that Heechul had a coat with him. Well, the weather is cold today so it's expected that he will bring a coat but I haven't seen him wearing a coat. Most of the time, he wears a padded coat and the coat he brings is the one I wear to the office.

 

“Whose coat is that?” I asked.

 

“Oh! Kyunghoon. I forgot to give it back to him when he dropped me off last night.”

 

He dropped him off? So basically they were together all day? I only nodded and didn't ask him anymore.

 

Just an hour, we arrived. We both got out and rang the doorbell. It didn't last long when Nini's grandfather opened up the door and asked us to go inside.

 

While making our way inside, I saw the picture frames of Nini's family. They look so genuinely happy. When we got to the living room, Nini greeted us with a hug.

 

“Are you ready to go home?” I asked and bent down to pinch her cheek.

 

“Yes~” Her eyes landed on Heechul so I shifted my eyes to him. He smiled at Nini.

 

Oh before I forgot, I had things to do with her grandparents. I want to ask them about the older brother of the child who died. Since they know something, maybe they can help me find him right away.

 

“Hey sweetheart, have we met before?” Her grandma approached us and asked Heechul.

 

I looked at Heechul again and it was obvious that he too was confused by what Nini's grandmother was saying. I forgot to ask Heechul about that.

 

“Ma'am, I've never met you. I don't remember if we have met before.” He replied and bowed a bit.

 

“I swear I already met you. I just don't remember when and where but I'm pretty sure we've met before.” She insisted and held both of Heechul's arms.

 

Heechul didn't speak immediately and obviously taken a back from what was happening, so I jumped into their conversation.

 

“Nini and Heechul, just wait for me in the car. Your grandparents and I will just talk.” I softly said and Nini agreed. 

 

Before finally going out, Nini said goodbye to her grandparents again while I stayed inside the house to talk to them privately.

 

“I will go straight to the point. Nini asked me to find the older brother of the boy who died due to his parents' car accident. I want to know where they used to live or do you still know the guy so I could find him quickly.” I directly asked. 

 

“We can't remember what the man looks like, but we still remember their old address. We wrote it down so that when he returns there, we can see him again.” Nini's grandfather said and took the paper where their address was written before.

 

“I hope you find him. We still want to apologize for what happened and see if he is happy now because the last time we've seen him, he was very depressed over the loss of his younger brother and we heard that before his brother died, their parents had also just died.” Nini's grandmother explained. 

 

“I will do my best and I will update you once I find him.” I said and held both of their hands.

 

 

“What did you talk about?” Nini asked me. We were on our way back home and Nini was still nagging me.

 

“They want to be with you twice a week. I agreed and you would see them again next week.” Fortunately, I came up with an excuse to make her stop asking me. 

 

Well, aside from asking them about with the siblings, we also talked about Nini because they said they wanted to be with her twice a week so I agreed. I feel that it's also better so that Heechul can rest and I can work properly while Nini can spend time with her grandparents.

 

“Really? Yehey!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter