23.

Nanny for hire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Jungsoo's Pov] 

 

Heechul has been awfully quite the whole ride and he obviously looks lost. While driving, I kept checking him out but he was too busy and dealing with himself; he didn't even acknowledge my presence since earlier. He looks so distant and much different from the last time we've seen each other. I don't know what happened but I know something's going on.

 

The silence is too uncomfortable and unbearable so I decided to talk to him. I can't stand it any longer and it keeps bothering me. Even though we're already talking, his mind is somewhere else not until he threw something.

 

“Why do you have these?” He asked as he threw the pictures at me.

 

“What are you talking—” my words trailed off when I saw the pictures all over me. 

 

How did he get these? When I met his eyes, he looks hurt and preventing himself from crying. I have no idea how it happened because I'm sure I kept these inside my car. 

 

“Where did you get these?” I asked nervously and collected all the pictures.

 

“Answer me! Why do you have that? Where did you get that and what are you planning to do with me?” He said angrily and his tears started to fall.

 

“Hear me out first. Heechul, please listen to me.” I begged. I'm still trying to figure out everything and the way he looks at me is so different and hard to read it.

 

“You have 5 minutes to do it.” 

 

“You remember what happened to Nini's parents, right? His parents died in a car accident and they were the ones who hit your brother.” I started.

 

I paused a bit and tried to muster up all my courage and strength to find a way to do it. It feels like I'm running out of time and don't enough time to explain myself to him. He looks mad and disappointed so I had to make everything clear given the time he gave me. 

 

“Nini wanted to find Donghae's brother to apologize and it turned out that it was you. I didn't say it right away because I was scared. I'm afraid that you might leave us and hurt Nini—” While I was in the middle of explaining, he cut me off. 

 

“All this time you knew we were related and you didn't tell me right away? You're so selfish! You think I would really hurt her? Jungsoo, I told you that the child is innocent but what? You hide everything from me!!” He yelled at me and cried even harder.

 

“I'm just waiting for the right time, that's why I asked you to have dinner tomorrow night because I wanted to tell you everything.” I desperately explained but he laughed, not a genuine one but full of pain. 

 

“Bull. Even if you only recently found out about this, I wish you had told me right away because Jungsoo, there's no right time. You have your chance to tell me but what? you waited for the right time? right time to what? to hurt me? Jungsoo.” Heechul said while sobbing and looking at me. I could see the pain in his eyes and the disappointment. 

 

What I wanted to do was to protect him and Nini but I ended up hurting him. I know he felt like I betrayed him but no, I only wanted to protect us and protect him from the pain..... from the pain I've caused for keeping something. 

 

“I'm sorry. I'm just so afraid of losing you. I was so confident about your love that I thought you wouldn't react like this. I'm sorry I'm such a jerk.” I said and tried to reach his hand but pushed it away. 

 

“That's so pathetic.... I love you but you broke me and my trust. It wouldn't all be like this if you just let me know. Too bad I was the one who discovered and wasted your effort to find the right time.” He harshly wiped off my tears and shook his head. I couldn't stand the sound of his voice, it was too painful to hear. 

 

“Heechul—” He brought up his hand to stop me from explaining. 

 

“Enough. You don't have to explain everything. You know my feelings and I told you everything but you still make some scenarios inside your head. That person you've created in your head is not me. I said, I will only be hurt but I never claim that I will hurt Nini or anyone of you because that's not your fault. The issue here is that you ruined my trust and made me feel so bad for trusting you. If you truly love me, you wouldn't have done this. You're so unbelievable, Jungsoo.” He said, painful as he opened the door and slammed it. 

 

I got out and started chasing him. Heechul didn't even look back and when he noticed that I was behind him, he walked even faster and approached Eunhyuk. It seems like he whispered something to him as Eunhyuk suddenly blocked my way. 

 

“You can't come inside.” Eunhyuk said before I could get inside the shop.

 

“Why? I need to talk to him.” I said.

 

“He doesn't want to see you so stop bothering him.” Eunhyuk said and still blocking my way. He looks so mad and slightly pushed me out of my way.

 

“Go home and give him some time.” He added and when I tried to catch a glimpse of him, I couldn't see Heechul anymore.

 

I got back inside the car and stayed there while waiting for Heechul. No matter how much I begged them, they wouldn't let me in. I didn't see Heechul working either and I only saw his three co-workers.

 

By late afternoon, there was still no sign of him. It was as if he suddenly disappeared and hid himself from me. I called him several times but his phone was turned off and I couldn't do anything but cry.

 

My phone rang and I immediately answered it without looking at the caller's name, hoping it was Heechul.

 

“Heechul?”

 

“No. It's Ara. Where are you? You have another meeting today and they are here. You can't cancel it so please come here.” 

 

“Ara....”

 

“What? Why's your voice like that?” 

 

“Heechul found out everything. My plan was ruined... Ara, he's furious and he's been hiding from me. What should I do?”

 

“Get your here and do your responsibility. After this, we will talk about it.”

 

Before I drove off, I looked at their shop and checked if Heechul was there. Instead of him, I saw Kyuhyun and we just looked at each other. The look that you can really tell he's mad too.

 

 

“How's the meeting?” Ara asked, she looks so worried.

 

“I survived.” I whispered, lazily sat down and buried my face using my hands.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter