17.

Nanny for hire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

We are already in front of Nini's grandparents' house because we are going to pick her up today. We went early in the morning because we were going straight to Jungsoo's office.

 

I don't have any idea why he wants us to go to his workplace which is also fine because there isn't much to do at home and Nini might be bored too.

 

“Uncles!!!” Nini greeted when she saw us.

 

“Are you ready to go?” 

 

“Yes!!” 

 

We said goodbye to her grandparents and entered the car. Nini was sitting quietly in the backseat while munching on the chocolate her grandmother had given her and Heechul was just looking at his phone.

 

“Are you waiting for someone to call or text you?” I asked and shifted his eyes to me.

 

“Kyunghoon...” He replied, a bit hesitant to say it out loud.

 

“Why? Do you guys have plans?”

 

“Nothing but after he came home yesterday, he never texted or called me. It's just odd because he never did that to me and he always kept his words.” He sighed.

 

“Then call him. Stop overthinking.” I said softly and my eyes were still on the road.

 

“I already did but he declined it.” 

 

I didn't answer and just drove away. It's seems like Kyunghoon is really important to him because he won't be affected if he is not. 

 

We arrived at the company and were greeted by the employees because they hadn't seen me for 2 days. Heechul was holding Nini's hand while I was by his side. We entered my office and Nini started playing with Heechul.

 

“Do you want me to call him?” I asked Heechul which surprised him.

 

“Why would you?” 

 

“To answer your questions.” I replied.

 

He remained silent and on the other hand, I dialed Kyunghoon's number and he immediately answered it.

 

“Mr. Min?”

 

“Yes, speaking. Why did you call me, Mr. Park?”

 

“I have nothing to do with you but someone does. Wait, I'll hand it over to him.” I gave it to Heechul.

 

“...”

 

I went back to my table and let him talk to Kyunghoon first. I don't even know if what I did was right knowing that he was my competitor. I don't want to see Heechul being like that so I just let it happen.

 

“You never called me last night. What happened to you?” I heard Heechul ask him and I pretended to be busy with papers.

 

“You saw what? Wait...” that caught me off guard so I looked at Heechul and our eyes met.

 

“I'm... Listen, I never intended to do that. I'm really sorry.”

 

“Yes.... but—” 

 

I got up and approached him when I saw that he was about to cry. Heechul immediately turned his back so that Nini wouldn't see it. For sure, she would panic once Nini sees him crying. 

 

“I'm really sorry...” was the last word that came out of Heechul's mouth and slowly put down the phone. 

 

Nini stood up and was about to approach Heechul but I immediately stopped her. Nini looked at me with confusion written all over her face.

 

“Why?” She innocently asked.

 

“I would call Ara and ask her to play with you. Is that fine, Nini?” I suggested and she nodded.

 

I know she's still confused but I don't want her to see Heechul acting like that. I don't want Nini to be affected by Heechul's personal matters.

 

“What happened?” I asked and handed him water.

 

“He asked me to just be friends...” Heechul began and was on the verge of crying.

 

“Huh?” 

 

“Last night, he went back to the house to talk to me again but he saw something...” 

 

My heart is anticipating to what he would say next although I already know what he's saying; I still want to know and comes directly from Heechul's mouth.

 

“He saw us kissing last night. He said that he knew he had no chance but he tried anyway and hoped that I would change my mind but...” He paused.

 

He started playing with his fingers and he also bowed down. I can't take my eyes off of him. I feel bad for Kyunghoon. I really do.

 

“Because of what he saw, he confirmed that my feelings will never change and no matter how many times I deny it, he still knows the answer.” 

 

*dug*dug*dug*

 

“I've lost a great and ideal man because of you, Jungsoo.” He added as he looked up at me and a lone tear fell from his eye.

 

“Well, I can take care of you and do more than what he could do. I know your first impression of me is not good, but I promise you that I will not let you down and give the best of me.” I assured him.

 

This time he cried even more and kept looking away from me while I took her hand and held it tightly.

 

“If you will give me a chance, I'll do everything to make you happy and love me.” I added.

 

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

“Mr. Min?” 

 

Jungsoo actually called him. I was so bothered because he didn't call me like he promised. I am also worried about him because he declines my calls.

 

“I have nothing to do with you but someone does. Wait, I'll hand it over to him.” He gave it to me and thought think twice if I should accept him or not but I still did.

 

“...”

 

“Hello?” 

 

“You never called me last night. What happened to you?” 

 

“Why would I call you? You clearly enjoyed your night with Mr. Park. I've seen it all in my own eyes.” 

 

“You saw what? Wait...”

 

“You, kissing him. You guys were kissing last night and I know you've wanted it too.” 

 

“I'm... Listen, I never intended to do that. I'm really sorry.”

 

“You kissed him back right? You also liked him so stop fooling around and stop lying to yours

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter