3.

Nanny for hire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Jungsoo's Pov] 

 

“I need to see your friend.” I straightforwardly said. He just gave me a poker face and bore his eyes on me.

 

“Ryeowook, didn't you see how happy my niece was when she saw your friend? I've never seen her smile like that and being so happy. She's been looking for your friend and he made a promise to her.” I added.

 

I managed to make my niece calm and I called Ara to go with her outside. Now it's just me and Ryeowook inside the office. I'm trying to convince and explain everything on him. 

 

“I can call him right now but why him? I mean what's really going on?” He asked. I took a deep breath and smiled bitterly.

 

“Nini's parents died during her birthday. While on their way back home to celebrate their daughter's birthday, they got into a car accident. Nini was waiting for them to come but unfortunately they didn't show up and received a bad news from her grandparents.” I began.

 

Me and my older brother weren't so close and I regretted everything. I should've lowered my pride and apologized to him while I could and while there was still a time... but it was already too late.

 

“After her parents died, she stayed with her grandparents but they couldn't take care of her anymore so they asked me if I could get her. Of course I said yes because I was their last option and for my brother... I wanted to make my brother proud. I wanted him to see me with his only daughter and I don't want him to worry anymore because his daughter is safe with me.”

 

There was a wall between us. While growing up, we've become so distant from each other and a lot of misunderstandings happened in our daily life. I focused on studying while he built his own family. He moved out of our house and decided to settle down. After that, I've never seen him again. We never contacted each other and the only thing I've heard about him was, he'd been married and had a beautiful daughter.

 

“But it's never been so easy. She's so distant and she never shared something about her. When she met your friend, she feels safe with him. I don't know what he did to my niece but I'm so thankful for him. We kept coming back to the park, hoping she would meet your friend again but she never did. Please, I need your help.” I said and held his hand.

 

When I found out that he was living his life to the fullest, I was so happy for him. I even wanted to see him and his family. One day, I tried calling him but the one who talked to me was a nurse. She informed me that my brother had died along with his wife.

 

If I could turn back the time, I would do it in a beat; If I could take everything back, I would want to see my brother and apologize for being such a pain in . I wanted to see him for the last time but I know that's impossible to happen.

 

“Okay, I will help you. You just came in time.” Ryeowook said and couldn't help but to smile.

 

“In time? Why?”

 

“He needs a job. I will offer the job you've been saying and he would probably agree right away because he needs to pay for his overdue rent.” Ryeowook explained and winked at me.

 

 

“Uncle, is he really coming?” Nini asked and looked up at me. I was standing in my office and been waiting for him to arrive while Nini was holding my hand. We arrived early because my niece was too excited to meet him. She talks a lot today and kind of relief because he has a good impact on her. 

 

“Yes, he is. Let's just wait a little bit more.” I calmly said.

 

Ryeowook already texted his friend and as he said, his friend really agreed to my job offer. I think he badly needs the money. Back to my thoughts, we've been waiting for an hour and he hasn't arrived yet.

 

*knock*knock*knock*

 

We both turned around and waited the person to speak. We looked so tense and I don't know why tho.

 

“Mr. Park, someone's looking for you. He is Ryeowook's friend.” Ara said as she peeked inside the office. She opened the door a bit and obviously waiting for my go signal.

 

“Let him in.” I said, I sat down and settled Nini into my lap. When Ara opened the door, I saw the guy standing behind her.

 

“Wow...” Nini said, feeling amazed at how pretty the guy was. Honestly, he really looks pretty and I couldn't blame my niece.

 

The guy went inside the office and smiled at us. I could feel Nini's smile from ear to ear. She's been waiting for this guy and I know how excited she is to see him.

 

“Hi, little one!” He immediately greeted my niece and extended his hand to caress her cheek.

 

“Hiii. I'm glad you came.” Nini happily said and went down into my lap as she ran into him and welcomed him into a hug.

 

“Of course... Anyway, why do you want to see me? I mean what's going on?” He asked and finally looked at me. Before I could answer his question, I dialed Ara's number (in our office) and she picked it up.

 

“Mr. Park? Do you need something?”

 

“Please bring Nini's outside. I have something to discu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter