1.

Nanny for hire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungsoo's Pov

 

“Nini, stop walking around the house. Oh God! can't you see? I'm having a meeting with someone.” I said, with a lower tone. I don't want to scare her off and I've been trying to get close to her but I think that wouldn't be easy for me.

 

She just stared at me and rolled her eyes. I didn't know how her parents raised her to become like this. If they weren't for them, I wouldn't say yes to her grandparents. I was left with no choice.

 

“Go to your room!” I firmly said and she started running upstairs, leaving me alone in the living room.

 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. We've been staying together for a two weeks and we're still stuck in getting to know each other's stage. I think she would never listen to me, she never meets me. We just saw each other when I picked her up from her grandparent's house so we both had to adjust.

 

Nini, short for Niarah Park. She's already 6 years old and her parents died last month. It was a rainy night and was on their way back home to celebrate Nini's birthday but unfortunately they were involved into a car accident that caused them to die early and take her parents away from her at her very young age.

 

After the accident, Nini stayed at her grandparents side but that didn't last long when I received a call from her mother's mom and asked me to watch her over since they couldn't take care of her anymore because they were getting older too. I was their last hope and last choice.

 

I'm not really fond of kids but since she's my relative and my older brother's daughter, I didn't hesitate to say 'yes' She moved in with me and I'm still trying to gain her trust and her heart.

 

I know behind her cold emotions and cold treatment towards me, she's really a kind kid, a loving daughter and a happy one. I just need to make her feel secure and safe. I just need to make her feel loved again.

 

She's been through a lot and as her guardian, I would do everything to see her smile again.

 

 

“Nini, let's eat.” I softly knocked on her door and been calling her name.

 

“I'm not hungry.” She simply replied and refused to eat with me.

 

“I ordered your favorite food tho. It would be a waste if you let me throw it out.” I said and knocked again.

 

“I said I don't want to eat!” She yelled at me. A six year old kid yelled at me for asking her to come out and eat. This would never be easy!

 

She's so straightforward and so hard to please her. If I didn't know her, I would think she's already a teenager. The way she talks is so different from all the kids I've met before.

 

“Nini, you haven't eaten yet. You have to come out and eat.” I calmly said.

 

“Bring me back to grandma!!” She shouted and followed by a loud cry inside her room. I knew it. She never wanted to be with me. Of course we never met before so I expected this to happen.

 

“Even if I want to, I can't. Your grandma asked me to take care of you instead. They are getting older, Nini so It won't be easy for them to have you.” I confessed and sighed. She suddenly stopped crying and I forced myself to smile though she couldn't see me, I still did it.

 

“Okay I will leave you alone. If you feel hungry, just come out and eat your food, okay? I will leave them there.” I added and waited a bit if she would respond but when she didn't, I just gave up and left her room.

 

I went to my room and opened my laptop. I'm still on leave, I'm running a company but have to leave for a while because I need to focus on my niece for the meantime. While I'm on leave, I'm still accepting a few calls and meeting with our investors. I am a busy person but still managed to survive.

 

“Ara, have you checked Mr. Seo's schedule? I called him earlier and asked if I could arrange a meeting with him.” I was face timing my secretary and obviously had few things to finish.

 

“I reached them out and he's free next wednesday. Don't worry I already informed them about the meeting and I got his permission. Everything's fine and prepared.”

 

“Good. I'll be back next week.”

 

“That quick?”

 

“Of course. I have things to do and I'm really busy. I'm running a company and If I don't do this right, I might lose everything I've worked hard for. Nini is getting better and I can bring her with me.”

 

“I understand you but Mr. Park...”

 

“What?”

 

“I just wanted to remind you that your niece needs your att

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter