.

Seeing you

 

"Stop kidding.", you threw him a look before laughing.

"Forever.", you stopped sipping on your drink and looked up at Yongguk who was looking straight at you.

"You're leaving here forever?"

"________, you gotta understand that there are better opportunities out there for me. And opportunities like these doesn't come often."

"But you're leaving forever, which means, I won't get to see you. Forever."

"That's why I was wondering if you want to follow me."

"To United States?"

He nodded, "But you have to leave everything behind here-"

"I'm not gonna leave."

"You've decided it already?"

You nodded, "Man, I thought you would give more thinking than this. Well, at least a good 5 minutes."

"You were joking?"

"Do you think I would make you leave this place where everything's so important to you? The man that practically saved your life, how would I make you leave him?"

 

When dinner ended, he drove you home.

"I guess this is it."

"When are you leaving, by the way?"

"Tomorrow."

"TOMORROW?! AND YOU'RE TELLING ME NOW?!", you punched his arm.

"Ouch! You're a girl, excuse me. And I'm telling you only now so you won't try convincing me to stay for days which I know you would."

"I can't believe you. And we didn't even get to spend one entire day together."

He your cheek, "It's okay. We get to spend the last few hours of today, didn't we?"

You got out of the car and he follow suit.

Just as you were about to open the door, he stopped you.

"Wait, I have something for you."

He went to his car boot and got a bouquet with a box.

"It's my goodbye gift for you as my best friend for these years."

"You didn't have to."

"I don't know when will we be seeing each other again, so this is something that I hoped you would have to remember me."

"You're saying as if you're dying, stop it."

Your eyes were all teary when you received the gifts, so you continued to stare at the ground.

"Come here.", he pulled you in for a hug and you cried in his chest.

"I'm gonna miss you."

"Me too. Who is going to be my supper buddy now?"

"Your boyfriend can do the job."

He then pulled back and wiped the remaining tears on your face.

"Don't cry. Strong girls don't cry. You're strong, aren't you?"

"You should go. Have a great rest and be refreshed for your flight tomorrow."

He walked to his car and looked at you once more before entering his driver seat.

You waved him goodbye as he drove away, with tears spilling once again.

 

You got woken up by a vibration the next morning.

It was a text from Yongguk.

 

Take good care of yourself when I'm gone.

Give me a call if that boyfriend of yours dares to bully you.

I'll fly half around the globe back just for you.

Gonna board now, miss me, alright!

 

And he even ended the text with a heart.

 

When you met Dongwoo later that day, the first thing you did was showing him of the text.

"He's gone?", you nodded.

"Forever?", you nodded again.

He suddenly jumped up and down, throwing punches in the air and laughing like a hyena. 

"Dongwoo! What are you doing! Stop it!", you stood up and grabbed him to sit beside you.

"I'm happy of course."

"Why?"

"My rival is gone."

"But your girlfriend's best friend is gone!"

"I'm sure I can do the job too. I'll be your best friend.", he winked then leaving a peck on your cheek.

"Ahem.", someone coughed and you turned around, "I think that's what I'm here for."

"Woohyun!", you stood up and ran to give him a hug which he ree too.

"Excuse me? Your boyfriend is right here and he isn't happy!"

You wrapped your arms around Woohyun's waist and he pulled your closer to him, "Stop ruining our best friend moment, hyung."

Dongwoo jokingly snarled at him, "You were the one ruining our moment!"

More noises followed in and Dongwoo sighed while rolling his eyes, "And here's the rest."

"Oppa!", you shouted at all of them before hugging each of them.

"Oh come on! Can't believed you guys had to come ruin our date.", Dongwoo threw his arms in the air.

"It's been a long time since we all hung out together, Dongwoo. Let's just enjoy this?"

 

The thing was, Dongwoo actually asked you to quit your job as their stylist.

He didn't want you to tired yourself and he knew how tiring a stylist's job was.

At first, he really liked the idea of you working with them because he got to hang out with you all the time.

But ever since the day he had publicized the relationship between the two of you, he made you quit the job.

Dongwoo watched you screamed into the microphone along with Sungjong and Sungyeol, and he couldn't but smile.

You stopped singing when you caught him looking at you.

You ran over and handed the microphone over to him, "Your turn!"

 

--------

 

I don't know if you guys can sense it but this story is coming to an end soon :|