Ch. 11- Voice of Sadness

Wings of an Angel

Sunggyu's POV:

It was 6:45 AM, and I was already ready beacause I wasn't able to get much sleep. I walked downstairs to make some breakfast, and to see if anybody else was awake. When I got to the kitchen I noticed that Dongwoo's mom was already making breakfast. She was making blueberry pancakes, and they smelled really good. Before I sat down and ate I noticed that Dongwoo wasn't up, so I had to go all the way back up the stairs to wake him up.

" Yah, Dongwoo get up. You have to get ready for school." I nudged him, but to no avail he didn't wake up. " Dongwoo get up before we are late! Wake up before I pour water on you." He just turned over so his back was facing me. He left me with no other options, so I went to the kitchen, grabbed a bowl, and poured icy, cold water into it. I carefully walked up the stairs to make sure I didn't spill. As I entered his room he was still under the covers.

" You left me with no other choice Dongwoo." I walked up to him and poured the water on him, which worked by the way. As soon the water hit him, he instantly got up.

" HYUNG! WHAT THE HECK! WHY DID YOU POUR WATER ON ME, AND COLD WATER AT THAT TOO! AISH! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW THAT I AM UP!" All I could do was chuckle at him, hey it was his fault for not waking up.

" Go take a warm shower Dongwoo, get dress, and eat breakfast your mom made us. Hurry up." When I walked away I could hear Dongwoo mumbling to himself and being all mad. I just smiled to myself.

 

---------------------------------------

Woohyun's POV:

I decided to get up early today because there was something that I wanted to do since I can't do it at home. I did my normal rountine; got up, took a shower, got dressed in my uniform, ate breakfast, and gave a kiss on my mom's cheek before I left. Before I got out the door I stopped again right in front of a picture of my brother and I.

" See ya hyung. I will make sure to finish it." I said goodbye to my parents as I left the door, and headed to school. Today was a really nice day; blue sky, the warm sun on my skin, the fresh air, it just felt so good that it felt too good to be true. The street that I ususally take to school was closed becasue it was getting renovations so I had to take a different path. Then I walked pass that street again, and I started walking faster and faster. Once I was far enough from there I had to stop myself, and get some air into my lungs. I cletched the necklace that was under my shirt for comfort.

I'm sorry hyung, I still can't do it. I still can't. I still can't face the truth.

 

------------------------------------

At school......

 

Sunggyu's POV:

Luckily we made it to school. I was sure that we were going to be late like last time, and the teacher gave us extra homework to me even though it was Dongwoo's fault. Hey at least he isn't mad at me for pouring the water on him......well I hope he isn't. If he doesn't forigve me then I'm in big trouble, He is probably going to pull some grand prank on me with the help of Sungyeol. Seriously those two, where do they even come up with those pranks?

Dongwoo and I got out of the car, and with ten minutes to spare, we quickly made it to our respective classrooms. When I stepped inside I noticed that Woohyun wasn't talking to Myungsoo (even though they rarely do talk to each other), something was off about Woohyun. Woohyun looked up and saw me and waved over to me. I waved back and gave him a smile.

" Hey Sunggyu-hyung!" Woohyun with a bit too much enthusiaism.

" Hi hyung," said Myungsoo with a blank exression. At least he can give me some sort of smile.

" Hey Woohyun, Myungsoo" I walked to my seat behind them and sat down. I poked Woohyun's back so I could talk to him.

" Woohyun is there something wrong? You don't look so good." I was actually worried because he seemed a little pale.

" Nothing is wrong hyung. really. Don't worry about me, look I'm feeling strong and well!" He flxed is arms for me to show his muscles, even though you really can't see them under the uniform.

" Hahahaha, okay if you say so Woohyun-ah." He gave me smile before he turned around. When he faced the front Myungsoo gave Woohyun a pat on the back. Woohyun looked over at him, and even though he said it quietly I could tell from the movement of his lips he said, " Thank you."

Why can't I worry about you Woohyun? Why did I feel a pang in my chest when Myungsoo touched you? Why? Why?

 

-----------------------

Lunch break......

 

Woohyun's POV:

I feel so tired today, I don't feel like eating anything, maybe I will just skip lunch and go somewhere else.

The bell rang signaling it was time for lunch. I waited for a bit, but not too long, for everybody to leave, and left myself. I didn't know where I was heading too, so I just left my feet drag me where it wanted to be. Other students passed by me thinking why isn't he going to lunch. I really didn't care what they were thinking, and blanked them out from my vision. Then my feet stopped.

I guess my feet like coming here a lot, huh.

 

Sunggyu's POV:

The bell rang, and I walked out of my seat to go to Woohyun's class. When I got there he wasn't in there. Thinking that he must already be at lunch, I just walked to lunch. I saw everybody sitting down, but one person was missing- Woohyun.

" Hey have you guys seen Woohyun? When I got to his classroom I didn't see him in there." Everybody started looking at each other, not knowing what to say. They looked oddly suspicious, as if they did a crime, and didn't want to tell me. Just then Myungsoo spoke up.

" I saw him going the opposite direction to lunch. He is probably around here in the school somewhere." I was astonished that he said that many words to me. Heck everybody was staring at him because he never says that many words to people he hasn't gotten close to yet.

" Thanks Myungsoo, I think I'm gonna go look for him. I will see you guys later!" I walked away quickly to look for Woohyun. I kept on walking around the school, but to no avail I couldn't find him. I was tired from walking around the school looking for him.

Sheesh, how big is this school that I can't find Woohyun in here? I looked everywhere, but I still can't find him, and what doesn't help is that I'm still not used to the school either. Aish, where the heck is he hiding?!

As I stopped to catch some air, I heard a voice and the sound of the piano. A beautiful voice full of emotion, but the emotion wasn't happiness though. I slowly walked to the source of that voice, and it got louder and clearer. That voice was mesmerizing, it caught my heart at once from the first note. I couldn't help but be drawn to it, as if it was calling for me, to me. I stopped right by the door, and the person's back was facing me, so I couldn't see him, but I didn't need to though.

sigani tto meomchun geolkkayo
ireoke tto jami deunayo
meonghani bakkeul barabodaga
dunun gameun che geudae saenggagi naseo

sigani tto heulleogajiman
dasi geuttaerona doraga
neoui gieoksoge modeungeol
chajaboryeo noryeok haebojiman

geugose honjaseo na ulgo itjiman
nunmuri meomchwoseo na utgo itjiman
dasi tto gidaryeo
na dasi sumswilttae kkaji

sigani tto heulleogajiman
dasi geuttaero na doraga
neoui gieoksoge modeungeol
chajaboryeo noryeokhaebojiman

geu gose honjaseo na ulgo itjiman
nunmuri meomchwoseo na utgo itjiman
geudae honja dugoseo jiul su eomneun gieokdeulloman
yeogiseo na hemeineungeol

na amumaldo eobtjiman deureul su eobtjiman
ireokerado neol chajeul su itdamyeon neol
gidaryeo jigeum sigani meomchulttaekkaji

na amu maldo halsu eomneun geol jal aljiman
ireokerado nan chatgo itjiman
neon heundeulliji annneun daneun geol jal aljiman
ajik nan neoreul ijeul su eobseoseo

na amu maldo eobtjiman deureul su eobtjiman
ireokerado neol chajeul su itdamyeon neol
gidaryeo jigeum sigani meomchul ttaekkaji

chajeul su itdamyeon neol gidaryeo jigeum na dasi sum swil ttaekkaji

 

When the song stopped I clenched by chest, I could feel this person's pain. I felt something wet on my face, and noticed that a tear was coming out of my left eye. This person was able to make me cry by his voice.

He sounds so sad, as if he can't take the pain anymore. Why do I feel so affected by it, I don't even know the person. But I guess that doesn't really matter does it? I want to comfort him, hug him, tell him that everything is going to be alright. Why, why, why do I feel this way?

" Hyung what are you doing all the way over here?" I quickly wiped away the tear, and turned around. It was Dongwoo.

" Oh nothing Dongwoo, I just got lost thats it."

" Oh okay hyung. Are you sure, you look like you are sad." I didn't know what to say so I just gave him a smile, and patted his head.

" I'm okay Dongwoo, come on lets go back." I put my arm around his shoulder, and led him back to our lunch table.

 

---------------------------

 

~ I felt something wet on my face, and I felt a tear falling down from my right eye.

Hyung, I'm so sorry, if only, if only........~