Almost

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

 

And here it is. The old parts [which were stuck on my phone[it broke down, unfortunately]] were better than this but I tried to restore them. It may not be as accurate and precise as the lost one but I hope it somehow compensated it. I just post it now because exams ended last night. 

So yeah, without further ado, here it is...

Enjoy!!!

--------------------------------------

Hana had asked permission from Hyungshik to leave. She said she wasn't feeling well. Good thing is that her temperature was above the usual. To make sure she gets home safely, Hyungshik went with her.

"What happened to you? You were fine earlier.” Hana just shrugged, she doesn’t want to answer questions that will surface curiousness.

------------------------------------

“Where are they? Did they left already?” Heerin asked Key. They were still behind the bushes.

“Yea. I just saw them ride a cab and it left already.” Key sighed and comfortably sat on the ground.

“Yah, you told me they won’t see each other again!” Heerin hits his arm.

“Heerin, you know that what I said is just a saying used by almost everyone.” Key defends.

“Then what do we do now?” She asked Key. “Where’s Minho? I don’t see him anywhere.” Heerin and Key peek in the bushes again to look for Minho.

Minho was standing behind Heerin and Key, leaning on the tree staring at the two who were sitting on the ground looking for someone. “What are you two doing?” Minho asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Minho!” Key and Heerin turn around to see Minho looking at them.

“Are you spying on someone? I’ve been looking for the two of you. What are you doing there?” Minho chuckles crossing his arms in front of his chest.

“No! Of course not. Who said we are spring?” Heerin stood up motioning no with her hands.

“We were just talking that maybe we should play hide and seek with the kids.” Key explained.

“O-kay? You were talking about hide and seek? And you’re already hiding. You two sure are weird. C’mon, we should get down to business.” Minho left leaving Key and Heerin sighing in relief.

------------------------------------

Key and Minho were in the locker room after teaching the kids. Key has been noticing that Minho wasn’t asking questions about Hami nowadays.

“Minho, did Hami invite you on her piano recital next Saturday?” Key asked.

“Yea, I got the invitation last Friday. Why?”

“Is something wrong?” Minho stopped rummaging in his bag and look at Key at his question.

“What do you mean?” Minho asked him.

“You weird me out sometimes; one is when you suddenly paid attention to Hami when you don’t really care about her from the beginning. Then now, after buzzing about her for a few weeks, it looks like you lost interest. I don’t mean to sound like I was telling you that you change girls like you’re changing your shirt.”

Minho sat in the metal stool in front of the shower cubicles. “That’s not it. Remember how I told you when Hami changed and you told me nothing have changed about her?” Key nods. “Key, of all people, you should know better. I don’t like the old Hami.”

“Get real, dude. You know that Hami is like that, since the day you met her.”

“No. She changed.”

“Fine. Say whatever you please. So, are you coming?”

“I don’t know. I have to do something that day so I wouldn’t be able to go to two places at once.”

“Hami will be disappointed. She was expecting that you would come.”

“Let’s be clear. I didn’t assure her or promise her that I will go.”

“That’s Hami. You know that she likes you… a LOT. You know her, what’s new?”

Minho went inside the shower cubicle. “I thought I did, turns out that I don’t.” After that, only the sound from the shower was heard.

------------------------------------

Heerin, Hana, and Hami were having dinner at the kitchen, just the three of them. Their mom was still in the hospital, and their dad has a dinner meeting.

“Eonni, is Key oppa coming on Saturday?” Hami asked.

“I think so. He told me that he will so he might. But either way, I’m dragging him all the way there. Why’d you ask?”

“I’m just curious.” Hami answered.

“You’re just going to ask if Minho will be coming with him. You silly girl.”

“Hana…” Hami turns to Hana who is silently eating. “You know, Minho oppa and I are hanging out a lot these past few weeks. He’s love, you should definitely meet him.” Hana gave her an unsure look. “What’s that? Don’t tell me that you’re not going.” Hami eyed her.

“I have something to do that day. Something came up.” Hana reasoned out.

“What are you going to do that day? Don’t tell me there’s this exam coming up that you’ll go nerdy and study the whole day again?” Hami interrogated.

“No, not that.” Hana looked at Heerin asking for help. But Heerin can’t think of alibis so she gave Hana a ‘you’re-on-your-own-for-now’ look. “I’m… going out with Hyungshik sunbae on that day.”

“YOU ARE WHAT?!?!?!?!” Hami yelled.

“YAH, Hami, tone it down.” Heerin shushed.

“You’re finally going out with him?” Hami was more excited than Hana.

“Yea, so I can’t go with you on your recital. Sorry…” Hana apologizes.

“Sorry? That’s nothing. Finally!” Hami squeals while Hana forces a grin and Heerin shaking her head in disbelief that Hami could be so easily fooled.

------------------------------------

It’s Friday, the day before Hami’s recital. Minho and Key were walking in the hallway on their way to their next class. “Did you tell Hami?” Key asked.

“Yea.” Minho timidly replied.

“How did she take it? Poor Hami, she was really hoping that you’d come.”

“I’ll find a way if I can come tomorrow, but as of now, there is really no hope for me to be in two places at once.”

Later that morning, Hami was in the theatre playing the piano. Someone opened the door revealing Heerin. “So you are here.” Heerin was looking for her all morning. “Can I come in?”

“Suit yourself.” Hami plainly said.

Heerin went up to her and sat beside her on the stool. “What’s with the face?”

Hami looked at herein with a gloomy face, clearly sulking. “Eonni, Minho oppa is not going to come.”

“Well, you know Hami; as they say its family first. Minho has to attend his cousin’s engagement party tomorrow evening, and he has to go there in the morning to prepare.” Heerin explained.

“How come Key oppa said that Minho oppa has promised his mom something that’s why he can’t come tomorrow? Your stories are different.”

“That’s it too. Minho’s appa can’t make it tomorrow, so Minho promised his mom that he’ll go with her together with his hyung.” Heerin explained further.

“Of all dates, why must be it tomorrow?”

“Aigoo, stop sulking already, you can’t do anything now. Cheer up; there’ll be a next time. And stop playing heartbreaking pieces, okay? Eonni has to go attend classes now, be good.” Just that and Heerin left Hami all by herself again.

------------------------------------

Hana was in sitting under the tree reading a book. Luna and the other girls asked her to eat lunch with them but she doesn’t feel like it so she just went outside to read. “Hmm… what should I do tomorrow? I can’t stay home. It looks like I’ll be spending sometime in the public library again.” She sighed.

“There you are.” Hyungshik was leaning on the tree looking at Hana.

“Oh, sunbae. Why are you here?” Hana asked.

Hyungshik sat beside her. “I was in the cafeteria, Luna asked me to eat lunch with them but I never saw you, so I went to look for you. What are you doing here?”

“Nothing much; just reading.” Hana replied.

“If you’re reading, shouldn’t you be in the library?”

“I like it here. It’s full of people in the library. Here, there’s no one. But me… then you came.”

“You like reading?” Hyungshik asked.

Hana nods. “It’s like my life, like I’m breathing through reading.” Hana grinned.

“I see… So, should we go to the public library tomorrow?” Hyungshik asked.

“I would love that.” Hana finally agrees.

Hyungshik looked at her. “Really?” Hana nods. “Okay, then I’ll pick you up around 9am.”

“Sure.” Hana smiled.

Hyungshik snatches the book away from her hands, holding the book upside down. “What are you reading? Classics?” Hyungshik asked, Hana laughing at his foolishness.

On the other side, there’s a girl looking at Hana and Hyungshik happily chatting under the tree. “Enjoy yourself with him while you still can, Hwang Hana.”

------------------------------------

When Heerin arrived home, she could hear the piano all the way from the family room upstairs. “Sounds lively that the ones she’s been playing this morning.” She commented after hearing it. “Hana! Hami!” She called making her way upstairs.

“Oh, eonni.” Hana muttered seeing Heerin at the door.

“What are you doing sitting there?” Heerin asked. It was Hana who was playing the piano and not Hami. Hami was sitting on the couch, busy painting her toenails.

“Chill, Heerin eonni.” Hami said. “I was just resting for a bit so I told Hana to play something nice. Ah! Hana, you have a date tomorrow right? Omo, I’m getting excited for you.” Hami giggles.

“It’s not really a date. We’ll just go to the library together.”

“It’s considered as a date. Do you have anything to wear tomorrow?” Hami asked.

“Stop fooling around and practice.” Heerin scolded.

“Arasseo.” Hami said and put the nail polish away.

“Hana, let’s go in the kitchen and fix snacks.” Heerin said.

……

“What’s wrong with Hami?” Hana asked while talking the apples from the refrigerator.

“You can come tomorrow.” Heerin takes out the salad bowl.

“Why?”

“Minho is not going to be there tomorrow so you can go. That’s why Hami is acting sulky and all at the moment. He has something to do in Incheon in the evening so he’s leaving in the morning and can’t attend Hami’s recital.”

“I can’t go.”

“Why? Don’t tell me that you are really going out tomorrow with Hyungshik?” Heerin asked. “I thought that you’re just making up things?”

“I was. But then I felt really guilty that I’m lying to Hami, so when Hyungshik sunbae asked me to go to the public library tomorrow, I said yes. That way, I would feel less guilty.”

“Then take him to the recital tomorrow with you.”

“Eonni, we don’t want him to know about Hami and me. You know how Hami is. She’s going to tell sunbae about Minho oppa then all we did will be for nothing if Minho oppa will know about my existence.”

Heerin stopped peeling the apples. “You’re right. So then, just enjoy you’re date tomorrow with Hyungshik.” Heerin teased.

“Eonni, it’s not a date.” Hana whined.

“It is.”

------------------------------------

Minho and his brother started loading up their things in the trunk. “Where’s mom? I thought we are leaving?” Minho asked.

“Yes, we are. But she said she’s got to go somewhere first. So… I saw the invitation on the table. You’re not going?”

“Going where?”

“Hami’s recital, it’s today right?”

“Yea, I can’t go. Do you think I can attend the engagement party and the recital at once?”

“Then why don’t you tell mom that you can’t go? I can see last time that you really like her. It’s a rare for a person like you. You don’t change your mind that easy.” His hyung commented.

------------------------------------

“Bye mom!!!” Heerin, Hana and Hami were sending their mom off. She’s on-call in the hospital, so she’s leaving early.

“Alright, be good, girls. Hami, I’ll see you later. Okay, honey?” Then their mom drove off.

“Hana…” Hami called. Hana looks at her. “Do you still want to be a doctor?”

“Why ask suddenly?” Heerin asked Hami. “You know that Hana dreamt of it since you guys were little.”

“Don’t you like to have a family?”

“I do.” Hana answered. “But what’s got to do with me wanting to be a doctor?”

“Nothing. It’s just that I can see that mom’s really busy to even be with us.”

“Hami, even before dad met mom, she was already a doctor. Why are you suddenly talking about this? You know that mom is trying hard to have time for us.” Hana defended.

“Just forget what I said, I’ll get inside and prepare.” Hami went inside and left Hana and Heerin standing at their front door.

“That kid is getting weird everyday.” Hana shakes her head.

“Don’t mind her. I think she’s still not over the fact that Minho is not going to see her.” Heerin shrugs it off.

“I see. So, are you going to wait here for Key oppa?” Hana asked.

“Yea. He’s late.” Heerin said. “Go inside, Hyungshik might be here any minute now. You still look like you just got up. Fix yourself.”

“Araseo.” Hana grinned and went inside.

Heerin was looking at her wrist watch waiting for Key while tapping her foot. A few minutes later, Key pulled up on the sidewalk and went out of the car. “I’m here!”

“You’re late.” Heerin glared at him.

“Yah, how am I late?” Key asked checking on his watch.

“See this? It reads 8:40AM. I said be here 8:30.”

“Yah, you’re too much. You’re time is 15minutes advance. See?” Key said showing her his watch which reads 8:25AM.

“Whatever, you’re late.” Heerin said and left him, walking her way inside the house.

------------------------------------

Minho is feeling guilty. “Hyung, when is mom coming back?”

“In about an hour or two, why?”

Minho grabs his car key and opened the garage with his hyung following him. “I’m leaving for a few minutes. Call me when mom comes home.” He started his engine.

“Yah, where are you going?” But Minho didn’t answer. He just sped up leaving their house.

------------------------------------

Heerin and Key were down in the living room when Hana went downstairs all dress up. “Are you going somewhere?” Key asked her. Hana just nodded and sat beside them. “You’re not going to Hami’s recital later?” Hana shakes her head.

“Yah, our Hana here is going out with Hyungshik today.”

“Really? Wow, Hyungshik is a one lucky guy. No wonder you dress prettily today.” Key teased.

“Eiii oppa, stop teasing.”

“Okay, okay.” Key grins. “Someone’s ringing the doorbell.” Key told them when he heard it.

“Hana, go answer the door; that must be Hyungshik. Where’s Hami?” Heerin asked.

“In her room, taking her shower, I think. Bye eonni, tell her I left.” Hana opened the door  and almost close it back when she saw Minho standing right in front of her. “Minho oppa?”

“Minho?” Heerin asked and stood right behind Hana when she heard. “Yah, what are you doing here? I thought that you’re leaving for Incheon today?”

“I just dropped by to give these to Hami.” Minho gave Hana a bouquet full of pink roses. “And to wish her goodluck. I’m sorry that I can’t come later.” Minho apologizes and looked at Hana’s eyes.

Hana calmed herself and smiled at him. “Aniya, oppa. It’s alright. I know that you need to attend an important event.” Minho blinked for about three times, he is feeling fondness. “You don’t need to worry, oppa.”

Minho chuckled lightly. “I knew you would understand. I know you’ll do well.”

“Thank you for the encouraging words, oppa.”

“Anyway, I need to go. See you in school on Monday.” Minho leans in and gave her a peck on the cheek on which Hana turned crimson red in an instant.

“Yah, do you have to do that?” Key asked. If it was the real Hami, Key and Heerin wouldn’t mind even a bit.

“I’m leaving. Bye.” Minho walks away, got inside the car and drove off.

“Hana, are you okay?” Heerin asked.

“Yea.” She answered still in shock handing the bouquet to Heerin. I need to go.” Hana steps out.

“Yah, yah, yah. Hyungshik is still not here. Aigoo, Minho, look what you did to my sister.” Heerin laughs shaking her head pulling Hana to the couch to sit.