Three in One

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

 

“Heerin eonni…” Hami called while on their way home. Heerin looked at her. “Is Hana going to die?”

“Of course not.” Heerin answered. “She’s not going to die. She’s gonna be fine. In fact we can go visit her tomorrow and she’ll be okay like nothing happened.”

“Aren’t you… I mean mom and dad. Wouldn’t they tell her about her situation?”

“Hami… it’s not as easy as you think. I think it’s best if she wouldn’t know about it.”

“But why? Don’t you think she has the right to know? It’s her who is sick right?”

Heerin was tired of explaining things to Hami. “Just listen to mom and dad. They know the best for us. When the right time comes, they will eventually tell her. Anyway, we’re here to look after her, she’ll be fine.”

--------------------------

Key was standing outside Minho’s house, ringing the doorbell. He tried calling Minho but he won’t answer that’s when he decided to look for him. Minho’s brother went out to open the gate.

“Key, what brought you here?”

“I was trying to call Minho but he won’t answer. I need to ask him something really important. Is he inside?”

“Yea, c’mon in.” He led Key to the front door. “He came back around noon, but I think something is wrong with him. He went straight to his room and he never came out. Well, just go up in his room, he’s just there, he didn’t lock his door.”

Minho’s brother left him and went in the kitchen. Key walks his way upstairs, past the hallway to Minho’s room. He knocked thrice, but no one answered. He knocked again and opened the door. He peeks inside to see what Minho has been up to. But he saw the bed fully made and Minho wasn’t there. Key opened the door and went inside. Minho wasn’t there. ‘Where is he?’ Key asked himself. Just then, Minho came out of the closet, putting his shirt on.

“Yah, what are you doing here?” Minho asked as he sat down on his bed drying his hair with a towel.

“Came here to visit you.” Key shrugs and flops down the couch across Minho’s bed.

“Visit me? Am I sick?” Minho asked sarcastically.

“YAH!” Key yelled. “You want me to hit you right now?”

“Chill!” Minho laughed. “Really… what brings you here?”

“I suppose maybe you know…”

“About that?” Minho asked pertaining about Hana. Key nodded. “Let’s not talk about it. I bounced out of it after doing everything I can.” He chuckled bitterly. “It’s not what I think it was, Key.”

“I know… I just want you to realize it on your own. You won’t listen to Heerin; you won’t listen to me either. So it didn’t go well?” Minho shakes his head. “I actually expect that to happen.”

“Then why did you set that up?”

“I just want you to know how she feels. To hear it yourself.”

“She told me something ridiculous. She told me to take care of Hami and never make her cry. She said that Hami only say good stuffs about me so she knows I’ll treat Hami well and that she entrust her twin sister with me.”

Key smiled. “Typical Hana.” He looks at Minho who was staring at the floor. “Must be hard for you to hear them.” Minho nodded but forced himself to smile.

“If that’s what she wants me to do, that’s what I’ll do.”

Key shakes his head in disbelief. “Minho… that’s a disease, it’s creeping up to you. Don’t do it if you’re being forced to. You’ll hurt Hami even more.” Key explained, telling him what is best.

--------------------------

The next day, Heerin was up early; she is going to visit Hana in the hospital. Hana will be transferred to a normal room today. Heerin was informed that Hana is going to spend the night in the examination room.

Hami was still sleeping and Heerin is all set to go. It’s already fifteen minutes past eight in the morning. “Ms. Kim, please tell Hami I went to see Hana if she ever looks for me.” She left a message for Hami and she heads out. Upon opening the gate, a black car stops right in front of their yard.

“Hyungsik?” Heerin asked herself remembering that Hyungsik’s car was black the last time Hana and Hyungsik went out.

However, she was shocked when the driver’s door opened and the owner of the car went out. “Hey Heerin.” Jonghun greeted.

“Jonghun oppa?” Heerin smiled. “Yah, oppa, when did you came back?”

“The day before yesterday. I was here yesterday too, with Jaejin.”

“That punk. He never visited us. Anyway, what brings you here?”

“Seriously… you’re asking me that question?” Jonghun smirked.

“Ah– I think I know. But… Hana is not here, oppa. I’m actually going to see her right now. Do you wanna come?”

“Sure, of course. We’re going out today, actually.”

“I don’t think that will be possible.” Heerin shakes her head. “I’ll let you come with me oppa, just promise that you won’t freak out.”

“Okay then, should we go now?” Jonghun asked. Heerin nodded and opened the passenger door, and off they go.

“What are we doing here?” Jonghun asked as they pulled over the parking lot of the hospital.

“I’ll explain everything later.” Heerin told him. They went straightly to Dr. Lee’s office but she’s not there. They went to the front desk. “Excuse me, has Hana Hwang been transferred to a normal room?”

“Yes ma’am, room 307.”

Heerin looked at Jonghun. “Hana is here in the hospital?”

“Yes. Oppa, you know that Hana has a weak body since she was little. I think she got herself tired yesterday. She collapsed last night.”

“Is she okay? What did the doctor say?” Jonghun asked, clearly, he was worried about her.

“Oppa, mom is the doctor, she’s going to be fine. C’mon, let’s go.”

--------------------------

Minho decided to visit Hami, he was planning to ask her out today. Ms. Kim opened the door for him and let him in, calling Hami in her room.

“Minho oppa?” Hami asked as she was walking her way downstairs, all ready to go visit Hana.

“You looked surprised. How are you?”

“I’m fine, I’m fine. What brings you here?” Hami asked, not used to Minho visiting her.

“I was going to ask you out but…” Minho looked at her. “I see you’ve made plans.”

“Not really. I’m going to see my sister in the hospital. Heerin eonni went ahead of me, so now I’m all alone.”

‘Hana is in the hospital again?’ Minho asked himself. He looks at Hami and smiled. “Then… would you mind driving you there?”

“No, not at all.” Hami grins.

--------------------------

In her hospital room, Hana was laughing her heart out. She was talking to her mom, telling stories and jokes. She seems fine after she has been examined. When she woke up, she was already in her room; she didn’t know anything about her being examined for her heart activity.

“How can that possibly be?” Hana laughs asking her mom.

“Yes you did, you used to hug everyone you see in the playground. It was actually your first and last visit in the playground when you were young.”

“It’s because you won’t let me play out.” Hana pouted.

There were knocks on the door, and it slides open, revealing Heerin. “Hey.”

“Heerin eonni. Yaaaah~ it’s early and you’re here already. And I don’t see Key oppa. Are you alone?” Hana asked. Heerin shakes her head. “Then where is Key oppa?”

“I’m with someone today, but it’s not Key.”

“Then who is it?” Their mom asked.

Jonghun walks in with a bright smile on his face. “Hey Hana, good morning Dr. Lee.”

“Oh, it’s Jonghun, Hana’s best friend from the academy, right? I haven’t seen you in a while.”

“I just came back to Korea two days ago, Dr. Lee. I was supposed to take Hana out today. It’s been a year since we last saw each other.”

“Wah, Hana is going out on a date today with Jonghun?” Their mom asked Hana.

“Umma~” Hana whined even when Jonghun is there, that’s how close they have been.

“Aigoo… Hana is whining like a little kid again.” Jonghun commented walking towards her, standing at the end of the bed.

“Yah, oppa, you’re on their side too?” Hana asked.

“Ani…” Jonghun strongly denied while Heerin and their mom laughed at the two of them. He pulled the chair and sat beside Hana’s hospital bed. “Of course not. Don’t you know that oppa will always be on your side?”

“Better clear.” Hana said with squinted eyes but laughed afterwards, making the other three in the room laugh too.

--------------------------

Later that day, before noon, Dr. Lee left them to head home and rest. Key came and still, Jonghun was there, talking to Hana while Heerin and Key were talking about them, sitting in the corner.

“So, that’s Jonghun?” Key asked. Heerin nodded. “I see they are really close.”

“Well, that’s because they are. Jonghun was Hana’s first friend in the academy.” Heerin explained. “I don’t know where Hyungsik stands at this point.” She shakes her head. “Now… do you understand why I’ve been trying to keep Minho away from Hana? It’s because of this. I’ve been expecting this. If I had spoiled Minho about him liking Hana, then it’s not Hami who will just have her heart broken. Minho too.” She added, looking at Hana and Jonghun.

Now, Key full understands Heerin’s ‘selfish-like’ plans. It’s for everyone’s sake after all.

While Hana and Jonghun were catching up, talking, Hana suddenly yawned, covering .

“Yah, you should sleep. It’s the first time I’ve seen a hospital patient who’s as talkative and mischievous as you.” Jonghun pointed out pinching her cheek.

“Arasseo.” Hana rubs her eyes. Jonghun fixed her blanket, and Hana goes to slumber.

Jonghun looks behind him to find Heerin and Key talking. He looks back at Hana and studies her profile. ‘Nothing has changed about her. She’s still the same Hana I knew.’

The door opens. It was Hami with Minho.

Heerin stood up from her seat upon seeing Minho in the room. Key held her hand and pulled her to sit down. Key shakes his head telling Heerin it’s going to be fine.

“Yah, yah, yah… am I seeing the most handsome person alive?” Hami asked seeing Jonghun in the room.

Jonghun shushed her waving at her, pointing at Hana. “She’s sleeping.” He whispered loudly.

“Okay, okay…” Hami nodded. She leads Minho to where Heerin and Key were sitting. “How’s Hana, eonni?” Hami asked Heerin.

“She’s fine. She was really loud earlier. You should’ve seen her laughing heartily.” Heerin smiled.

“I’ve bought books for her and her cardigans.” Hami was carrying a bag.

“Put them in the closet, there on the other side of the room.” Heerin pointed. “Put them neatly.”

Hami left the three of them there. “Why are you here?” Heerin asked Minho.

“Heerin, not here.” Key immediately stopped the conversation before it goes anywhere.

--------------------------

At the Hwang’s residence, in Hana’s room, her phone kept on ringing. It will stop eventually but it’ll end up ringing again. It was Hyungsik, calling.

Hyungsik was at home, wondering if he should ask Hana out today. He decided to call their line phone until someone answered.

“Hello, Hwang’s residence.”

“Hello, good morning, may I please speak with Hana?”

“Who is speaking?”

“Park Hyungsik.”

“Mr. Park, Hana is not in right now. She was rushed to the hospital last night due to fatigued.”

Hyungsik was startled to hear that Hana is in the hospital again. “Thanks for the information, good day.” Hyungsik hangs up after, running to his room to change and go see Hana in the hospital.

--------------------------

It was lunch time and everyone is still there. Jonghun is still in his seat, looking at the sleeping Hana while the other four talks.

“Eonni, we should grab some food at the cafeteria.” Hami suggested seeing that it’s already past twelve.

Heerin looks at Key. She can’t leave at this moment, not when Minho is there. Key held her hand, gently this time. “You should go, I’ll be here, looking after them.” He assured her.

Heerin sighed. “Okay, let’s go.”

Minho stood up his seat and walks towards the window, looking out. Key looks at Jonghun, then back at Minho. He chuckled silently. “Hana, you’re lucky you’re sleeping.” He stood up and walks towards Hana’s bed.

“Hi.” Key greets Jonghun. Minho turns back to look at them when he heard Key. “I’m Key, by the way, Heerin’s boyfriend.”

“Choi Jonghun.” They shake hands. “Oh, so you’re Heerin’s boyfriend.”

“Yea. May I ask… how are you related to them?”

“The Hwangs’? I’m friends with their cousin Lee Jaejin and I’m friends with Hana during my high school days. Maybe you thought I was a relative. I’m a close friend, Hana and I met about three to four years ago, that’s why.”

“Oh, I see.” Key nodded, looking at Minho who wouldn’t move in his place.

There were knocks on the door and Key thought that this day wouldn’t get more complicated.

“Hyungsik?”

--------------------------

Another short chapter. Maybe you're wondering why I'm writing again. School's out. 

"What will happen now that Minho, Hyungsik, and Jonghun are face to face with each other?"

Replies:

 

kprincess1995, i feel bad for not updating often, but I'll try my best to update every now and then
 
rhenrhenn, i hope you understand, it's because of shool works and exams here and there.
 
Kyu_Min13, yay! thanks for reading and I hope you like it.
 
NoNameNami, thanks for subscribing and for the lovely comment
 
pandagirl753, the sick part... it just flashed through my head so now it's there..XD
 
keroro09, thanks... i hope you won't get tired of reading..:D
 
Sameaknaaa, but I think this one is pretty lame...XD