Having a crazy friend is not F-U-N

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

 

Minho pulled over in front of the Hwang’s. They have been there for fifteen minutes pondering whether to go inside or not, to ring the doorbell or not, or to tell Hami and Hana or not.

“What? Are we going to prune ourselves here, waiting for nothing?” Minho asked Key fixing his hair, looking at the rearview mirror.

“Excited much?” Key was ing around Minho. “Let me call Heerin.” Key puts his phone next to his right ear waiting for Heerin to pick up the phone.

“Hey, are you home?” Key stares at Heerin’s window in the car.

“Yea, why?”

“Is Hami and Hana there too?”

Heerin noticed that something is wrong in order for Key to start their conversation like this. “No one is around except me and Ms. Kim. Hami went to the hospital.”

“Hospital? Who is in the hospital? Hana?” Key asked going out of the topic.

“Hana passed out while we were on the mall; we’re with mom, so we went straightly to the hospital. Something’s wrong right?”

Key chuckles glancing at Minho. “Yes and a big one at that. We’re here outside.”

“We? You’re not alone? Who are you with?” Heerin asked making her way downstairs.

“I’ll explain everything later. I’ll hang up first.”

Key puts his phone in his pocket and looks at Minho, he just nodded at him. Minho and Key went out of the car and walk towards the gate. Key rang the doorbell and he sure heard Heerin yelled ‘In a sec.’

Key was standing in front, visible to everyone who opens the front door; Minho was leaning on the pillar supporting the gate. Heerin opens the gate.

“Hey, what brings you here?” She asked Key. Key motioned towards Minho. “You’re here too, what are you doing here?” Heerin asked Minho.

“Inside, let’s talk inside. It’s a bit uncivilized if we talk about this right here in the streets.” Key held Heerin’s shoulders pushing her inside with Minho following right behind them.

“Key, you know that there is a big famil–” Whatever Heerin said, Key just drags her with him, walking their way in the front door, Heerin opened the door for Minho and Key. “Have a seat; I’ll go get something for you guys to drink.” Heerin left them in the living room.

It was Minho’s first visit inside the Hwang’s home. It was homey, not the usual home that doctors live in. Heerin came back setting a tray on the coffee table. She sat beside Key, looking at both Key and Minho suspiciously. “What’s happening here?”

“Where’s Hami?” Minho asked breaking his silence.

“Out.” Heerin plainly replied looking at Minho, then to Key.

“Yah…” Key nudged Minho. “I thought this is what you wanted? How come you can’t say it direct to the point?”

“I was holding it. I can go loose anytime, because right now, I’m so mad at the two of you, playing a trick on me.” Minho said sternly.

“What are you saying?” Heerin asked Minho. “Key, what is this all about?” Heerin was getting anxious.

“If Hami is out, Hana must be here.” Minho said assured.

“Who?” Heerin held onto Key’s hand gripping it tightly.

“Heerin, relax, Minho doesn’t bite.” Key grins to ease tension between the three of them.

“How… How did you–”

“He saw them.” Key sighed resting on the couch. “Earlier, we were at COEX too.” Key explained.

“Are you mad?” Heerin asked sheepishly looking at Minho pass Key’s shoulder.

“You keep asking me those s… Of course I am! Who wouldn’t be?!?” Minho breathes deeply, closing his eyes to think.

“Please don’t tell my sisters. I beg you.” Heerin pleads clasping her hands together.

Minho had a stern face on. He himself doesn’t know what to do? ‘I have the right to do what I want. But… would that benefit the others as well?’ This was the question running through his mind right at that moment. He sighed, looking at both Key and Heerin who were staring at him. “You know what… I don’t know. I can’t think straight, what’s right or wrong. I need to go.” He stood up. “I’ll leave you guys first, Key, just visit me at home to get your things in the trunk.” He lightly shakes his head in disbelief, walking out the door.

“Key…” Heerin called. Key, who was looking at Minho, shifted his gaze to Heerin. “We’re a little mean, aren’t we?”

“Of course, we are. I’m Key and you’re Heerin, we’re the meanest kids in school, you know?” It’s a fact; they are the meanest kids in school.

“But to Minho… he’s our friend.”

“Heerin, I’ve told you a thousand times before, if it’s bound to happen, it will happen at all cost, so don’t feel guilty over it.” Key always consoles Heerin when she feels guilty doing something wrong.

“I think what I said last time came true.” Heerin bit her lower lip looking at Key with puppy-dog eyes.

“What did you said last time?”

FLASHBACK

"That's the charm of my sisters. If Hyungshik sees Hami, he'll think it's Hana but it'll weird him out since Hami gets comfortable around new people easily. But if Minho sees Hana, he'll think it's Hami but it won't weird him out. He'll probably fall in love with her." Heerin whispered the last sentence only for Key to hear.

END of FLASHBACK

-----------------------------

Mom left me in here to check something in her office. There’s nothing to do in here, the TV? No. I don’t want to watch TV anymore. It’s so boring. But Hami says I’m weird because I don’t like watching TV.

Someone slides the door open, and I saw Hami, closing it after she enters the room. “Hey…” She greets walking towards me. “Here, I brought some books for you to read.” She settles the bag in the table. “How are you?”

“I’m fine. Hey, I’m sorry I–”

“Its okay, Hana, you don’t need to explain. As a matter of fact, I know it’s my fault. I dragged you all the way to the mall when I know that you need to rest. I’m sorry.”

You know… this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, to hear Hami saying sorry. It’s very rare; Hami has a pride that nobody can easily put down. Whenever Hami gets into fight with me or Heerin eonni, most of the time, it’ll be her fault, but not once have she said sorry.

I smiled at her knowing that it took too much courage for her to say sorry. “Aniya… its fine. I’m sorry too if I fainted today – the day mom got the chance to bond with us.”

“Aigoo…” Hami hissed and grinned. She messed up with my hair, but she fixed it too afterwards. “Anyway, I just dropped by to give those books to you.” She pointed at the bag lying on the table. 

“You’re going home?”

Hami nodded. “I need to do something – it’s not really that important but it will take about an hour or two.”

I was wondering what it is but I never got so involved with Hami’s business. “Okay… Ah! Do you have my phone?” I never really know where my phone is.

Hami opens her purse and digs into it. “Here it is.” She handed me my phone and I automatically looked into my inbox and call logs. “Luna called. There were also missed calls from Hyungshik oppa. Heerin eonni told Luna that you are here in the hospital so expect them any moment now. I’ll go ahead, get well soon clumsy babo.” Hami laughs and waved goodbye.

There were TONS of messages from Hyungshik sunbae, as expected; all of them bearing the same message. He’s cute, but he’s annoying at times. Then there’s one from Luna.

Hana, where are you? Hyungshik oppa is getting worried. He said that you’re not replying to any of his messages.

Why would I? They were sent about three hours ago. But I’m pretty sure; they would be here any minute now. Truthfully, I don’t want them here. I just needed some time alone to think and rest. Think and rest? Do they go in the same sentence? Don’t you tire yourself when thinking? Then why rest?

I know… being sick damages my brain. I go crazy occasionally; I’m not timid every time. I sat up, letting my feet touch the cold granite floor. The floor is elegant black but the walls were blinding white. I reached for the bag on the table and went back to rest on the hospital bed. There were two books, and a white sweater. I put it out of the bag and study it. This was the sweater she bought us both. She has one like this too.

I smiled to myself. Hami doesn’t like showing that she has a soft spot especially when she’s mad. Except for Minho oppa, of course; the affection for Minho oppa given by Hami is like the Han River. I shrug the idea off. I’m beginning to think of Minho oppa again, and this is not good.

I wrap the sweater around me and pulled out a book from the bag. You need to read, Hana. You know… reading makes me super focus on the book and I forget all other stuffs, so yea… reading is advised.

-------------------------------

“Excuse me, where’s Hwang Hana’s room?” Luna asked the nurses’ station tapping her fingers in the counter while she waits for the nurse to search in the computer.

“Room 513.”

“Thank you.” Luna walked back to the lobby. “Oppa, let’s go. I know Hana’s room number.” Hyungshik was standing near the elevator.

Luna slides the door open to see Hana sleeping with a book beside her. “Aigoo, look at her, even when she’s sick, she still reads.” Luna takes the book away and sets it on the table near the bed.

Hyungshik walks up to Hana and observes what’s wrong with her. “She looks pale. What happened to her?” Hyungshik was worried, he can never know the real reason if he ask Hana so he’s asking Luna. He was bringing a bouquet of pink roses for Hana.

“Exhaustion, lack of sleep and others… the usual, you know her, oppa.” Luna shrugs, taking the flowers from Hyungshik and putting them on the flower vase near the window.

Hyungshik sat on the chair beside Hana’s hospital bed. He held her hand, fitted hers into his. “Her hand is so small. They are so warm.” He said, talking to Luna.

“Oppa, can I ask a question? I hope you won’t get mad.” Luna stood across him.

Hyunsghik nodded. “Go ahead, what is it?” He was still holding onto Hana’s left hand.

“I was wondering, don’t you ever get tired?”

Hyungshik just chuckled. “Of what? Chasing Hana around? No, not really, I find it very interesting.”

“Though she always avoids you? I know that you notice it too.” Luna points out.

“I like her, that’s it. That’s enough for me to hang on. I know it’s not her priority to love at this point, but there are always changes, constant changes every now and then, you would never really know.” He smiles at Luna, letting go of Hana’s hand. “I’m buying drinks. Do you want something?”

Luna shakes her head. “I’m fine, oppa. Go ahead.”

“Are you sure?” Hyungshik stood up walking towards the door. Luna nods. Hyungshik left leaving Luna with a sleeping Hana.

Luna changes expression into an annoyed one. “Hana…” She tried calling for Hana, but there’s no response from her. Luna clenched her jaw, snorting. “You must be enjoying every single bit of attention coming from Hyungshik oppa.”

Luna looks out of the window. “You call yourself my friend when you’re seducing the man I love?” Luna was into monologue. “Don’t you know that I like him?” She looks at Hana again, not a single move from her. “Fine, enjoy while you still can, because next time, I’ll be the one laughing.” Luna picks up her purse on the couch and left the sleeping Hana all alone, calling Hyungshik in the process, telling him she has an emergency at home.

---------------------------

Minho was inside his car, parked in the hospital’s parking lot. It was 8PM. He saw Hami exits the hospital. Now is his time to visit Hana in the hospital. He heard Key said that Hana was in the hospital. He got out of the car, locking it, and walking inside the hospital. He went straightly to the nurses’ station asking for Hana’s room number.

There he stands, in front of room 513. The lights were on. He was contemplating whether to enter or not. There could be people inside… or not. Hana could be asleep… or not. Things like that, making dinosaurs in the stomach growl.

He slightly opens the door to peek. There’s Hana, lying on bed, sleeping. No one was inside except for the patient. He took the courage and went inside Hana’s room.

He was standing in the doorway, looking at Hana. He slides the door close and walk towards Hana’s bed. “So… I finally saw you. The real you.” He didn’t dare to sit. He felt contented just by looking at her. “Do you know what I went through? Thinking I’m going crazy that Hami has a split personality, when all this time, there’s two of her, one is you.”

“I know that I can’t reveal everything now.” Minho unlocks his bracelet and puts it around Hana’s wrist. “I don’t know what to do… I wish Key and Heerin didn’t do that to me, but if that happened, I would’ve never seen you.”

The door slides open, and Minho died in his tracks. His heart was thumping like crazy. “Excuse me, who are you?” You can tell in her voice that she’s in her mid-thirties. “Dr. Lee instructed us not to let anyone in after 7PM.”

Minho turns around to see a nurse with a clipboard looking at him. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” Minho bowed apologizing.

“I see. You’re not a relative, are you?” The nurse ask taking the tympanic thermometer and looking at Hana’s temperature.

“No I’m not. Is she okay? What happened to her?”

“She’s receiving IV treatment. Dr. Han said that Ms. Hwang fainted due to exhaustion. If you’re not a relative, you’re… Ms. Hwang’s boyfriend?” The nurse asked.

Minho shakes his head. “No, I’m just a friend.”

“I see.” She checks Hana’s pulse rate and fix her covers. “I’m sorry to ruin your visit Mr.–”

“Choi.”

“Mr. Choi, but you can’t be in here. I’m afraid you need to go. Ms. Hwang needs a full rest. Don’t worry, she can go home tomorrow, you can always visit her in their house.” The nurse escorts Minho out of the room and turns the lights off.

Hana wakes up due to the sun rays hitting her eyes. She sat up and rub her eyes feeling something cold on her wrist. “What is this?”

------------------------------------------

REPLIES:

vanillatinks, eonni, stop spamming...LOL... give me time to update...remind me everyday though..XD

Miss_Dummie, why? don't you want Minho to find out?^__^

ShineeKEYlovesME, LOL, you want Hyungshik???No, he likes Hana...XD

And to all, YES, Minho is angry, he's on the loose who likes Angry Minho? I don't...XD I like him especially when he's smiling 'as bright as the sun'...^________^