Reversal of Events

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

 

‘Hana, we’re on our way home. Be sure that you won’t be in the front door waiting, or else, we’ll be busted.’

Hana drops the phone in her bed after she read Hami’s text message. ‘What to do now?’  She snapped. She had been there in her room looking through her scrapbooks. There was a specific one with her and Jonghun’s picture on the front cover.

Whatever happens, even if Jonghun is back, she is still responsible for whatever Hami did today, because as everyone sees it, it’s her with Hyungsik, not her twin sister.

Hana looked out the window, waiting for Hyungsik’s car to pull over. Eventually, after five minutes, a black car stopped right in front of their yard. Hana saw Hyungsik get out of the car to open the passenger’s door.

“Oh boy…” Hana sighed. “What is she thinking?” She asked herself. Usually, she won’t allow Hyungsik to open the door for her, but Hami is being comfortable with Hyungsik.  She saw them bid goodbyes and Hyungsik driving off.

“I had a nice time, oppa.” Hami shyly said.

“That’s good to hear. So… I’ll just see you in school?” Hyungsik asked. Hami then nodded. “I’ll go ahead then. Bye.” Hyungsik smiled at her and went inside the car and drove off.

Hami breathes deeply after Hyungsik left. She doesn’t know why, but from the moment she acted like Hana, she started to feel nervous. Nevertheless, she enjoyed the time they spent together, she and Hyungsik. She shrugs to herself and turn around to open the gate.

Upon opening the front door, Hami saw Hana walking her way downstairs. “Hi Hana!”

Hana just casually walks her way down and proceeded in the living room, sitting in the couch. “Hami, could you sit down here for a minute. I need to talk to you.” She said.

“Okay. I need to tell you everything we did today.” Hami skipped to sit next to Hana.

Hana breathes deeply and looked at Hami. “No. You don’t need to tell me, I don’t need to know.”

“Of course you should, we had fun. He totally didn’t know that I was not you.” Hami giggled.

“Hami…” Hana sighed, starting. “It’s not what you think it is. It’s hard, it’s not as admirable as it seem.”

“What? I don’t understand you.” Hami looked at her, feeling her forehead. “Are you sick?”

“No I’m not.” Hana lightly brushes Hami’s hand away. “I don’t like him that way.”

“Like what?” Hami asked.

“Hami, to simply put it, I don’t like him, period. End of story.”

“What? But I thought you two get along really well?” Hami was confused.

“We do, but I don’t like him, that’s the top.”

“But why? What wouldn’t you like with Hyungsik oppa? Hana, the guy carries the whole package.” Hami explains in as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

“Hami, I don’t need it. I don’t really care whether he’s got it all or not. I don’t care if he likes me more than anything else. I don’t care.” Hana’s voice was shaky. “I know I’m being rude right now but I just hope that people won’t push it, especially you and Heerin eonni.”

Hami just looked at Hana, pitying her in that state. Hami knows how hard it was for Hana to talk about Hyungsik that way. She pats her shoulder lightly. “Arasseo. Calm down. I’ll go change my clothes first. We’ll talk after, okay?” Hana nodded. “You should get something to drink. You look pale.” Hami smiled at her and left her to change.

--------------------------

Hyungsik arrives home with a huge smile plastered on his face. His brother saw him while walking in the hallway. “Hyungsik-ah!” He called.

“Hyung.” He walks up to him. “You called me? Why?” He asked, still smiling.

“Why do you look so happy today?”

“Nothing much. Just out with Hana today, it was fun, unlike the usual.” He chuckled.

“I see…” His brother nods. “Ah– by the way, Jonghun is back in Korea.”

The smile on Hyungsik’s face gradually decreases. “Who?” He asked sternly.

“Hate to break it to you. But… Jonghun is back in Korea, for good. I’m off to see them right now. I’ll be back later, see you.” His brother taps his back and left him, standing in the hallway.

“Why is he back? When everything is going smoothly.” Hyungsik hissed.

--------------------------

“Let’s go inside first. I’m sure Hana and Hami are inside.” Heerin was holding Key’s hand, dragging him inside the house.

“Okay then.” Key grinned at her while walking their way inside.

Heerin opened the front door, letting Key come in after her and closing the door after. Ms. Kim was in the kitchen preparing dinner. “Ms. Kim…” Heerin called. “Are Hami and Hana in?”

“Yes, dear. They’re upstairs. Hana wasn’t looking too good, I think they’re talking.”

Key looked at Heerin, puzzled. Heerin looked at the stairs, wondering what is up with her sisters. “I think it’s not the right time to tell them… maybe tomorrow?” Heerin asked him.

Key nodded, smiling lightly at her. “I’ll see you tomorrow then. Talk to them, okay? Don’t take sides. They are your sisters, both of them.” Key reminded her. Heerin nodded. Key leans in and kisses her forehead. “I’ll call you later, okay? I’ll get going now.”

Heerin was trying to eavesdrop, but apparently, she can’t hear a thing. “Where are those two?” She asked herself, walking towards Hami’s room. She knocked twice and opened it after. “Hami?” Hami wasn’t there. “Where are those two?”

Heerin was walking towards Hana’s room until she saw them, sitting in the lanai. As she walks nearer, she could hear them talking.

“Hana, it’s not that I’m pushing you to go after him. I just think that he’s the perfect guy for you. He’ll treat you well, really…” Hami insisted.

Hana sighed.  “Hami… do I need to repeat myself?” Hana calmly asked. “One thing is all I’m asking. It’s not much, right? Is it?”

“Of course it’s not. It’s just…” Hami sighed. “I’m telling you, it will be hard to find a guy like him in the future.”

Heerin then slides the glass door wide open. “You guys… is there something going on here?” She asked.

Hana looked at Hami, to Heerin. “There’s nothing serious, eonni.”

Heerin looked at Hami. “Hami?” Heerin never trusted Hana when it comes to telling the truth… if there are problems.

“I went out on a date today.” Hami casually said.

“Really?” Heerin seems interested. She dropped her purse in the chair, sitting down in the process.

“Yes…” Hami nods. “With Hyungsik oppa.”

“What?!”

Hana turns to Hami. “See? I told you we shouldn’t tell her.” She sighed.

“What did you do? I mean, why did you go out on a date with Hyungsik?”

“I went as Hana. He mistook me as Hana, so I went out with him as Hana.” Hami explains.

“Why did you do that?” Heerin asked in disbelief.

“Nothing… I just thought I’d kill the awkwardness between the two of them. It’s like Hana opening herself up. You know?” She asked Heerin and Hana. “Eonni, Hyungsik oppa is the perfect guy for Hana, the one and only.” There goes Hami again. “Now I don’t even wonder why Luna was pushing you to date him.”

“How many times do I need to tell you? We’re going back to this topic again? Aren’t you tired?” Hana stood up, asking in rage.

Heerin and Hami were shocked by their sister’s action. “Hana, sit down please. Let’s talk this out.”

“I’ve already told you, I don’t like him. All I want is for people to stop pairing us, especially you two. You are my sisters.” Hana sat down, inhaling and exhaling heavily.

“I know that, I understand, we do.” Heerin looked at Hami. “This doesn’t even make sense; we’re fighting because of this? We’re not talking about this again, okay?” Heerin looked at Hana and Hami. “Right now, let’s get back to our rooms, let’s go to sleep and forget that this conversation ever happened.” Heerin held the two of them. “Okay?”

Hana and Hami nodded. Hana went inside first, followed by Hami, and Heerin picking up her purse, following the two.

On their way back to their respective rooms, Hana slows down, resting on the wall, chest heaving. She closed her eyes as she started to breathe in a rapid pace, sliding down on the floor. Hami, who was behind her started to notice that something was wrong.

“Hana… Hana, are you okay?” She asked, kneeling down to see Hana. “Eonni!” She called.

Hana forces herself to talk despite having difficulties in breathing. “Medicine. In my room.” Then her eyes closed once again.

Hami ran up to Hana’s room to search her dressers for her medicines. She came back to see Heerin calling emergency.

Hami’s hands were trembling while opening the lid. She popped a capsule on Hana’s mouth, letting her swallow it.

Drops of sweat were forming on Hana’s forehead. Heerin and Hami were able to stay calm until the ambulance arrived.

--------------------------

The emergency room door flew open and there was their mom, walking towards the two of them.

Heerin and Hami stood up. “Mom, is Hana okay?” Heerin asked.

Their mom sighed. “Let’s go in my office.”

“What happened?” Their mom sat at her chair while the other two sat in front of her.

“Nothing mom, we just talked about stuffs.” Hami reasoned.

“Heerin, haven’t I told you that Hana can’t feel worked up? Or even stress. I’ve told you many times.” It was the first time that their mom was talking sternly.

Heerin looked down. “Yes, mom.” It was something that only their mom, dad, and Heerin only know.

“Then why did this happen?” Their mom asked looking at the both of them.

Hami was somehow getting mad. ‘Why is mom getting mad at us all because of Hana?’ This is what is currently running through Hami’s head.

“Mom, we didn’t mean to. Maybe she’s having a hard time about something. We didn’t say something that could offend her or some sort. When I got home, they were talking fine.”

Dr. Lee looked at Hami. “I didn’t say anything mean, okay? I was just telling her about Hyungsik oppa being the perfect guy for her. Then she goes all mad because she said we need to stop pushing it but then I insisted.”

“You should’ve never contradicted what she’s saying. It’s her decision. You shouldn’t say something that will have her getting angry or be sad at that.”

Hami gritted her teeth and stood up. “Why is it always about Hana, mom? Why do you care so much about her you wouldn’t care less about scolding us? We’re just like Hana, mom. We are your daughters too.”

Heerin looked up at Hami, shocked of what she did. She tugged on Hami’s wrist. “Sit down.” She authoritatively said. However, Hami didn’t budge. “I said sit down!” Heerin yelled at her.

Hami just looked at Heerin. “What? Now you’re on her side too?” Her, meaning Hana. “All my life I’ve been dealing with this.” Tears formed in her eyes. “Being treated differently from Hana. Why?” She asked them. “Is it because she’s more kind than I am? Is it because she’s smarter than I am? Or maybe because she more talented than I am. Why mom? Why?” By now, tears started to fall from her eyes.

“Hami, it’s not like that. You don’t have the right to accuse us when you don’t know anything!”

“I know everything. Mom, from our childhood years, you favor Hana more than you favor me. Dad likes Hana more, other relative likes her more. What more do I need to know?!” Hami screamed.

“Hana is sick!!!” Their mom blurted out, sitting back on her chair, holding on to her chest. “She was diagnosed with heart disease when you were born.”

Hami’s mind went blank, eyes widened because of what she heard. “What?” She asked looking at their mom, then to Heerin. “What did you say?”

“Do you know why your dad and I were always by her side when you were young? On why Hana always gets what she wants? It’s because we try to not let her get upset. Are you going to ask why?” Dr. Lee’s tears starts to fall. “It’s because anytime she can get upset, she can have a heart attack. We can lose her anytime. All this time, Hana knows that what I’m giving her were supplements for her weak immune system. Don’t you wonder why I give her unlabeled bottles? She didn’t know that she’s been on medication since she was born.”

Hami shakes her head. “No. You’re lying!”

Heerin held Hami’s hand. “Hami…” She called, trying to calm her down.

“You’re lying, mom. Hana can’t be sick. No.” Hami started to cry silently. “No. Eonni, mom is lyring right?” Heerin can only answer her with shaking her head.

 “It’s because of medication that’s why she wasn’t affected easily by sudden attacks.” Their mom explained, calming herself down. She stood up and went beside Heerin and Hami. “It’s because of you two that she went through this.” She hugged them. “We should be strong for her.”

Heerin and Hami nodded while tears flow down their cheeks.

--------------------------

Who's shocked?XD Oh, and there's more to come, surprises like this. I finished this chapter two weeks ago but aff went crazy but it's fine now i guess... just some technical stuffs....

I won't leave confusing questions rn.XD

And replies will be posted tmr or the day after...

I've been feeling really really dizzy these days... maybe because of lack of sleep. Don't forget to leave me some comments...^^