Welcome Back Oppa

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

 

Hana went off at the last stop. She was confused; she doesn’t know where to go. She can’t call Key or Heerin. She can’t call Luna because Luna doesn’t know anything about Minho. She was fine before, even those times that she ignores Hyungsik with each passing day. Hana suddenly remembered her first love.

“Ah~” Hana groaned in frustration, sitting on a bench in a nearby park. “Oppa, where are you right now?” She asked out of nowhere. “At least I did the right thing.” She told herself, nodding. She even wondered how she bounced out of it that easily.

Hana stood up and looked at the sky. “The weather is great, the sun is out.” It’s not hot or cold. “I should go home, then.” She walks away from the park, hailing a cab at the stop.

He’s in the park under the trees waiting for his friends. He’s sitting there, listening to music with his legs crossed. It had been a year since he’s been there. He pulled out his phone and called one of his friends.

“What? Can’t you wait a bit more? We’ll be there in about seven minutes.”

“I can, I just need to ask you a question.”

“What is it?”

“How’s your cousin?”

“Heerin? I think she’s fine. I don’t see her often. Why’d you ask?”

“Not Heerin, the younger one.”

“Oh, you mean Hana? I know you like her.”

“Shut up. How is she?”

“She’s fine, still the same I guess, and you know her, well reserved. I wonder why you didn’t go after her.”

“Let’s just say I can do everything now that I’m home.” He smiled.

-----------------------------------

“Where are we going, oppa?” Hami asked Hyungsik. They were still on the road, there was traffic jam.

“Somewhere fun. Lately, I always see you studying over the corner and you barely eat anything during lunch. You know that’s bad for you, Hana.”

“Mian, oppa.” Hami bats her lashes, making puppy dog eyes.

“That’s okay.” Hyungsik laughs lightly patting her head. “But today, you have to enjoy, okay?”

Hami smiled, grinning at him. But something inside her tells her this is not right. A small voice in her mind keeps scolding her. ‘Idiot. Hwang Hami, are you going crazy? If your twin sister finds out about this, she won’t like it.’ But she shrugs it off telling herself that this is for Hana.

After minutes of drive on the road, Hyungsik pulled-over. He got off his car and opened the door for Hami. “I will open the car door for you for today, just for today; don’t insist on doing it yourself.” He grins at her. “Come, let’s go.”

Hami looks up to see that they were right in front of KFC. “What are we doing here, oppa?” She asked looking at her wristwatch which reads 10:10.

“We’re having brunch. Since you told me last time not to bring you to fancy places.” Hyungsik guided he and opened the door for her.

‘Is Hana insane? What else doesn’t she like? Hyungsik oppa is like the most perfect guy for her. A real gentleman. It would be hard to find guys like this in the future.’ She didn’t reply to Hyungsik’s comment. That makes her more Hana-like.

“You’re quiet again. Say something. You know, you make me nervous when you’re not talking.”

Hami laughs lightly. “You get nervous? Why?”

“Nothing. It’s because I don’t get to know what’s running on your mind.” He pulled a chair for her to sit and sat at the other side. “You’re like a puzzle. Not just an ordinary puzzle but a jigsaw puzzle.”

‘Come to think of it, Hana is really like a puzzle.’ “It’s annoying?” Hami asked.

Hyungsik silently shakes his head. “No. It’s never annoying. It’s one of the things I like about you. Too difficult to read. Silent-shy attitude.”

Hami didn’t say anything but she just looked in his eyes. It’s not that she’s trying to act like Hana, but because she can’t think of something to say.

“Just stay here; I’ll go order something for us to eat.” He flashed another smile and stood up for the counter.

As soon as Hyungsik left, Hami fished for her phone and dialed Hana’s number.

“Hana, I need to talk to you.”

“About what?” Hana sounded emotionless.

“I’m with Hyungsik oppa right now.”

“You’re what?” Hana asked.

“Hana, I’m with Hyungsik oppa right now, as you.”

“Hami, do you know what you’re doing?” Hana’s voice was louder. “Are you crazy?”

“I know, alright. Look, what I am doing is for you too. I’ll just remove the awkwardness between the two of you. Trust me, after this, you’ll feel comfortable meeting him out. Don’t call him or answer any calls from him, okay? Bye.” With that, Hami hangs up.

-----------------------------------

“Hami, do you know what you’re doing?”Hana stood up from lying on her bed. “Are you crazy?” Hana paced back and fort.

“I know, alright. Look, what I am doing is for you too. I’ll just remove the awkwardness between the two of you. Trust me, after this, you’ll feel comfortable meeting him out. Don’t call him or answer any calls from him, okay? Bye.”Hana heard a beep sound.

“Hami. Hami!” Hana looked at the phone to see the call ended. “Not this. I ended one misunderstanding and here goes Hami creating one.” Hana hissed.

Hana dialed Hami’s phone number but she reached the voicemail. “Damnit!” She cursed. This is one of the rare events that Hana sweared.

“I can’t call Heerin eonni at this time. AH–” She groaned, flopping down the bed. “Why did my life suddenly became like this?”

Hana stayed in their house, looking at the bright painted walls, their pictures hanged on the wall, the paintings, and even watching TV which she finds boring. She looked at the grandfather’s clock. ‘It’s 3:00. Where are they right now?’ She asked herself.

Hana looks at the window draped with see-through curtains. It’s not sunny, and then she decided to go outside. She went in the garden and looked at all the flowers in the flower box.

She heard her phone ringing in her pocket. She thought it was Hami so she answered it right away without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello.”

“Ha~na.” The voice seemed familiar.

“Jaejin oppa?” She asked looking at the caller ID to check. “Oppa! How have you been?” All worries from her face then turned to dust, talking to their cousin.

“Oppa is fine. Ah- how have you been? Are you at home?” Jaejin asked.

“Mmm…” She answered nodding as if he can see her. “Yah, oppa, how come you never visit?”

“Hana, I’m busy too like Heerin trying to get myself to a good university. But I think I’ll drop off later today.”

“But no one is home. There’s just me here, even Mrs. Kim is not here.”

“It’s fine. Actually, oppa have a surprise for you and only you.” Jaejin proudly said.

“Ara. Then I’ll wait for you here.”

“I’m on my way, be there in about fifteen minutes. Remember to dress prettily.” Jaejin laughed at the other line.

“Oppa, it’s just you, why bother being pretty?” Hana laughs at it too.

“Ani, forget it. Someone once told me, you’ll look pretty in anything, even a rug. I’ll hang up now.”

Hana laughs talking to their cousin. “I wonder what it is.” She asked herself then shrugs when she can’t think of anything. She just stood there on the porch, leaning to a pillar. She was reading a book standing up until she heard car horns outside their gat.

She smiled, closing the book, walking towards the gate. She saw a van and the car door opened, Jaejin walking out and shutting the car door close. “Hana~” He greeted waving.

Hana laughed, opening the gate. “Oppa, you’re here. I haven’t seen you for a long time. How are you?”

Jaejin hugs her lightly messing with her hair. “Aigoo, Hana, is still short, you need to grow taller.” He mocked. “I’m fine. Why are you alone?”

“Umma… you know she’s in the hospital. Appa is overseas. Heerin eonni is with Key oppa, and Hami is out on a date.” Hana said remembering that Hami is out with Hyungsik as her.

“And you’re here? You don’t have a boyfriend?” Jaejin asked. “You should get one. Books won’t get you a boyfriend.” He pointed at Hana’s book.

Hana laughs. “Oppa, you talk about boyfriends like you pick them from a tree. I’m a choosy person, you know.” That’s how Hana acted towards her friends and relatives. “Oppa, you told me you have a surprise for me? What is it?” Hana looked behind Jaejin.

“It’s here, inside the car.” Jaejin points at the van. “I’ll be your favorite cousin after this.” Jaejin smirks. “But you need to close your eyes first.”

“Okay, okay.” Jaejin covered her eyes. Hana heard the car door being opened.

“You can now open.”

When Hana did, she didn’t see anything but those middle seat in the van. “There’s nothing, oppa.” She looked at Jaejin.

“But there is someone.” Jaejin’s smile grew.

Hana looked back at the van. It happened like slow motion, he walks out of the van, he was sitting at the back seats.

“Hi Hana. Long time no see.” He smiled at her.

Hana literally froze on where she is standing. “O- Oppa… you’re here. When did… when did you arrive?” She stammered.

“Yesterday. Did you miss me?” He asked, stretching the ‘miss me’ part.

‘YES, like of course.’ Hana wanted to scream out. “Welcome back, Jonghun oppa.” She finally said without stammering.

-----------------------------------

 

I'm back to posting short ones since there is school, then work, then chores. All in together.

Did Hami do the right thing?

Is Jonghun Hana's first love?

If so, how's Minho?

 

Replies:

cutiekoala, it will be boring if it's Hana and Minho all the time so Hami and Hyungsik sounds interesting...XD

RemIsMee, hohoho... see, I'm a kind and loving author... no more complicated things...I guess..

keroro09, thank you very much. Can't thank you enough..^^

vanillatinks, it would be boring if that's the case eonni

Sameaknaaa, *legit tears* thank you... :)))))

velyrra, we'll see...XD