Where Do I Stand?

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

 

FLASHBACK

Hana was waiting in the living room for Hyungsik’s arrival. Hami went out to buy materials for her requirement in school. Heerin helped Hana picked her outfit and fix her hair.

“Where is he?” Heerin asked while she was walking down the stairs. “Still not here?” Hana shakes her head left and right. “Aigoo, Hyungsik, just when Hana decided to give you a chance you’re late.” Heerin said making Hana laugh.

“Yah, eonni, don’t you dare say that in front of Hyungsik sunbae.”

“Still sunbae?” Heerin sits beside her. “Haven’t you called him oppa?”

Hana pondered with her lips pouted. “I think I had, maybe once or twice. I don’t really remember.”

“Hmm… so maybe after this day, you will call him oppa?” Heerin teased.

“We will see.” Hana grins. Just as they heard a car stopped right in front of their house. “That must be Hyungsik sunbae.” Just when Hana was about to answer the door, she sat back again.

“Hey… what are you still doing there sitting to your heart’s content?” Heerin remembered the time Hana was waiting for Hyungsik and Minho came. “Okay, I’ll answer the door for you, at least for the time being until Key and I talk to Minho.”

Heerin stood up and walks towards the door to open it. “Hey, Hyungsik, c’mon in.” Heerin opened the door. Hana stood up seeing Hyungsik was there.

“Eonni, we’ll go ahead.” Hana told Heerin while she walks them outside.

“Oh, okay then. Be careful when driving, Hyungsik. And I’m Hana’s safety in your hands. Okay?” Heerin slipped Hana’s meds in her purse when they were in Hana’s room picking clothes.

“Of course, Heerin. The last thing that I would like to happen is Hana getting hurt.” Hyungsik look at Hana who was now blushing at her eonni and her suitor’s conversation.

“Okay, then. That’s all I need to hear. Off you go now, you two.” Heerin waved goodbye, seeing Hyungsik’s car sped off.

Hyungsik and Hana arrived in the country side. It’s in the suburbs, but the view is really pretty. “Here we are.” Hyungsik pulled over and turned the engine off. They were inside a compound.

“Where are we, sunbae?” Hana asked getting out of the car. The road was concrete but there were few traditional houses on the premise, and you can’t see that much cars on the road.

“Our family owns this house.” Hyungsik opened the trunk and pulled their things out.

“Let me help you with that, sunbae.” Hana was picking a picnic basket but Hyungsik got it before it even lands on Hana’s hand.

“Nope, that won’t do. I’ll be the one carrying these. They’re not much after all.” He argued.

“At least let me carry the basket and your bag. C’mon, sunbae, it won’t be that much. You still have to carry those camping stools and tables, and the portable stove, the tent. It will be too much it you carry them all at once.”

Hyungsik looked at Hana. “Since you’re so cute while you argue with me, I’ll let you off this time.” He said grinning, handing the basket and his bag to Hana, good thing that Hana was wearing an oversized tee, jeans, and her rubber slip-ons.

Hana followed Hyungsik’s trails while he makes his way at the back of the house, down to the forest-like path until they reached the river. It was very beautiful with big rocks all over the place and clear water running in the river. There was a resting stop. There were flowers around the wooden platform.

“This is our destination.” Hyungsik drops all of the things he is carrying in the platform. “Pretty right?” Hana nodded while looking all over the place. “But you’re prettier of course.” He commented on the side shifting his attention back to the tent.

“Sunbae…” Hana called with her eyes squinted.

“Okay, I’ll never say it again.” Hyungsik chuckled. “I’ll set-up the tent first; you go play in the water.”

“Sunbae, you made me sound like a 5-year old kid.” Hana sat on the camping stool.

Hyungsik walks up to her. “That’s because you look like one, today.” He said pointing at her hair.

Heerin made her ‘apple hair’as she said because it’s just a casual date. “Fine then. I get to play with the water.” Hana stood up and stepped out of her slip-ons to feel the water. “Ah– It’s cold” Hana quickly put her slip-ons back then going back to the platform to annoy Hyungsik.

“Are you done playing?” Hyungsik mocked.

“Yah, sunbae, the water is cold.” Hana laughs while sitting on the stool. “Why are we setting up a tent after all? Are we going to spend the night here?”

“Of course not. We have school tomorrow, remember.” Hyungshik reminded.

“Ah– right. Then why do we have tent?” She asked again. Hana, as time goes by, with all the times she spent with Hyungsik, she’s beginning to open up to him.

“It’s for our sleepyhead princess here who always gets sleepy.” Hyungsik commented petting her head.

“Me? A sleepyhead? Of course not.” Hana denies.

“Of course, of course… that’s why I saw you a dozen of times in the library, sleeping.” Hyungsik shrugs making Hana laugh, sitting beside the tent.

END OF FLASHBACK

Key took Heerin out of the classroom to somewhere where the two of them can talk. Key was dragging her by the wrist delicately. “What was that all about? Didn’t we talk about this last night?” Key asked her.

“C’mon Key, we would really be unfair to Minho if we hide this again.” Heerin argued.

“Heerin, you know that we need time in order for us to tell him without hurting the kid.” Key explained.

“Key, he should like Hami, not Hana…”

“Heerin, we don’t dictate his life. It’s enough that we messed it once but we won’t do it again.”

“But it’s the truth! Hana is dating Hyungsik now and Minho won’t stand a chance.”

“Then why are you acting so dense? Don’t tell me…”

“Tell you what?” Heerin looks down, trying to avoid Key’s gaze.

“Don’t tell me that Hana had developed feelings for Minho.”

“Of course not! Where did you get that idea? What I’m trying to say is… Hana is fixing everything as she deemed fit, in order for Hami not to get hurt. She told me, Key. She told me that we should tell Minho the truth because she can’t act anymore.”

“Act what? Who told her to act Hami all the time? She could’ve avoided him.”

“Do you think she can? Hami is different from Hana!”

“Who said they are not?”

“My god, Key! Why are we even arguing about this?” Heerin noticed that their voices are gradually getting louder.

Key looked at her. Heerin was really worried about the situation of her sisters. He sighed and hugged her all of a sudden. “Come here.” He pats her head. “I know that you worry too much but please try to calm down before you panic.”

“It’s because everyone will get hurt. Minho, Hami, Hana.” Heerin stayed there, enveloped in Key’s arms.

“But look at what’s happening to you, trying to protect the three of them.”

“I’m sorry…” Heerin muttered.

“What are you sorry for? You shouldn’t bear things on your own, okay? Remember, I’m here.”

All the ranting and pressure that Heerin was carrying on her shoulders, all of that disappeared in an instant, with Key beside her. Nodding her head, Key let her go, holding her hand all the way back to their classroom.

--------------------------------

FLASHBACK

Hana and Hyungsik were seated on the big rocks supporting the edge of the platform. Hyungsik joined Hana after he setup the tent.

“Hana…” Hyungsik called. Hana looked at him. “Nothing.” Hana just smiled. “Hana…”

“Sunbae, are you going to call me then say nothing again?” She laughs at him.

“You noticed?” Hana nodded. “You know… I really appreciate this.”

“What do you mean?” Hana asked. She was throwing pebbles on water.

“This… you going out with me when you never really did before. I know I always give you a hard time whenever I ask you out.”

“That’s quite true.” Hana chuckles lightly.

“I know that you’re not ready.”

“Right.” Hana nodded. “But… sunbae, I’m not saying we’ll start dating officially. I just thought it wouldn’t hurt that bad if I try to at least understand how you feel.”

Hyungsik squinted looking at Hana. “You mean?”

“What I am saying is trying to go out with you wouldn’t hurt, right?” A wide smile appeared on Hyungsik’s face. “But, oppa, we’re not together, you must know.”

Oppa? You called me oppa?”

Hana laughs freely. “Aniyo, SUN-BAE.” Hana stood up.

“Yah, sunbae again? You called me oppa.” Hyungsik said but Hana continued on walking away. “Yah, Hana!” Hyunsik called.

Hana was smiling shaking her head in disbelief walking away from Hyungsik.

END OF FLASHBACK

Heerin’s P.O.V.

I’m not quite sure if they are together or I just heard it wrong last night, since I was too busy writing my term paper. But I was sure there was something about Hyungsik and her. I am risking everything here, but I am regretting every single thing that I did.

End of P.O.V.

“Bye dad, see you later at home.” Hana waves to her dad after she dropped her off to school. While walking on the driveway, on the sidewalk, she noticed Hyungsik standing at the end oh the driveway, near the school building.

“What are you doing?” Hana asked him when she reached the end of the driveway, Hyungsik taking her bag from her.

“Nothing much… since you said you would try to understand my feelings, I’m back to my usual doings.”

Hana, instead of feeling annoyed just laughed at him. “Arasseo sunbae-oppa.” Hana snatches her bag from Hyungsik and ran away.

--------------------------------

Minho was in the locker room. He was supposed to change for practice but he has been there for half an hour and he was still wearing his school uniform.

“Minho…” Key knocked on the door, and opened it, seeing Minho sitting on the bench, in front of the locker.

“Hey…” Minho greets him. “Come in.”

Key closed the door after and leans on the locker looking at his friend, physically there but mentally lost. “Are you okay?”

Minho stood up, opening his locker taking his practice uniforms out. “Yea, I think so.” He answered.

“Okay…” Key was supposed to retort at his answer but he sees that his friend is not in good shape. “If you say so. If you have any problem, or you just want to talk… we’re here for you. Okay.”

Minho forced out a chuckle and looks at Key. “Thanks man.”

“Go ahead and change, your teammates are waiting for you captain Choi. I have something to do out there so I’ll go first.” Key, however he worries about his best friend still forces himself that Minho will be fine. “Hey, where’s you lucky charm?”

Minho looked at his wrist, smiling bitterly. “It’s somewhere safe.”

“Okay, I’ll go ahead then.”

Minho was still standing in front of his locker. “Where do I stand at this point forward?”

-----------------------------------------------

O.M.G

Heerin didn't hear it right after all

It was a mistake

AGAIN.

When is Key confessing to Heerin?

What will happen to Hana because of Luna?

And Hami?

 

REPLIES:

kprincess1995, yes I'm on a break so expect more updates while I'm on break...XD

BaiLingLing, but come to think of it, when you get hurt so bad, don't you act stupid even if it's a tiny bit?

onkeyjongmintae, yea...so pitiful na talaga... pero they're not together...XD

vanillatinks, because I love torturing him in my fics...HAHAHA

cutiekoala, that's kinda cliche if Hami will date Hyungsik

RemIsMee, they will meet SOON... real soon.

ShineeKEYlovesME, you want Key and Hyungsik...that's too much...LOL

Sameaknaaa, me? Using reverse psychology on you? Of course not... or am I? *grins*

keroro09, don't you guys want Hyungsik? He's really nice...:)))