Grudges

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

 

“You saw who???” Key exclaimed looking at Minho.

“You heard me right? I saw her, Hana.” Minho turns to Key. “Stop playing with me, Key. I know that you know her. I saw her with Hami. Hwang Hana, Heerin’s sister and Hami’s twin?” Minho held the hand break in his hand, gripping the steering wheel on his other hand, tightly.

“So, you finally saw her.” Key surrendered on hiding the truth from Minho. Minho saw Hana with his own two eyes, Minho is smart, he knows. “Are you mad?” Key asked smirking.

 “Was it her? The one who was with us at the game?” Minho’s gaze was piercing, Key nodded. “The one at the supermarket, that’s her right? When you told me I should get something.”

“Yes.” Key plainly said. At times like this, Key knows better not to argue or raise tone like Minho’s or they’ll end up shouting at each other. “And if you’re going to ask if Taemin knows her; yes he does. But don’t get mad at the kid. I just told him to say that he doesn’t know Hana.”

“What has got into your head? What does Hami think? Does she think by using her twin sister I’ll like her like what she wanted?!?”

Key shakes his head. “Well, at least that was what Heerin thought would happen. But Hami is the same as you, she doesn’t have the slightest clue about what’s happening.”

 He chuckled but he clenched his jaw. “What? Are you making a fool out of me? What do you guys take me for? Do you guys think you can hide this from me forever? Do you?!?” He slaps the steering wheel making a loud sound.

“Minho, we didn’t do it intentionally. Remember the game where you called us and you suddenly asked for Hami? She wasn’t there, but Hana is. That was the only time we asked her to act as Hami. It’s not our fault that you two met during the charity event.” Key muttered.

“What do you mean by the charity event?” Minho suddenly remembered that they were together with the IPA students. “You mean, that was Hana? The one Hyungshik was pertaining to as their striker? That was her?!?” Gradually, Minho’s voice was getting higher.

Key nods. “Don’t be angry at them. What’s wrong with staying with her for a while? You actually talked to her more than you did with the real Hami.

Minho looked at Key with a wtf look. “You call that ‘a while’??? I was with her for almost half a day and you call that ‘a while’???” Minho was furious.

“You’re mad aren’t you?” Key chuckled.

“Of course I am. Who wouldn’t? You made me fall in love with a person who I thought I knew, and then I would just found out that it’s not her? You guys did this to me; it’s like liking a statue.” Minho sat back and sighed. “Because she’s Park Hyungshik’s girl.” She pushed the hand break down. He’s now calm that he’s ready to drive again.

Key smirked shaking his head in disbelief looking at his friend. “She’s Park Hyungshik’s girl? Since when?” Key chuckled. “Yea, they’re dating, but that happened once. They’re not officially and exclusively dating. No, not gonna happen.”

Minho stared at Key. “Is that the case?” He smirked. “Who knew that Park Hyungshik and I wouldn’t just be rivals in soccer?” He drove off.

Key sighed looking at Minho. “Minho… no. Whatever you’re planning, stop it before things get worse. This will ruin their relationship as sisters, moreover as twins.”

----------------------------

“Are you done?” Hami asked me while tapping the glass she was leaning on. I paid the bill and shifts to her. “Heerin eonni and mom are waiting for us at ‘Nail Party’.

I felt shivers on my back down my spine. I’ve been seeing things double. “Okay, let’s go then.” I told Hami and we went out of Prime Optical and I felt my world spinning.

I leaned at Hami for support. “Yah, what’s wrong with you?” Hami felt my forehead. “Oh gosh! You’re burning. What happened to you?” I close my eyes with Hami leading the way. I feel numb, I don’t–

“Hana! Yah Hana… Han–”

I woke up to this unfamiliar room. It’s all white. I looked around the room to see where mom, Heerin eonni and Hami are. There’s no one though. Where am I? I searched my phone just to see a tube attached on my hand. Ahh, I am in the hospital. What happened to me?

The last thing I remembered was Hami and I was on our way back to mom and Heerin eonni. Then… oh… was I sick again? I passed out right? But… where are they? I heard the door creak open and there stood mom and Dr. Han. They’re walking towards me.

“How are you, honey?” Mom brushed my hair with her delicate fingers.

“I’m okay. Did I pass out? Why am I receiving IV treatment?” I asked.

“Look at this little girl. Yah, don’t you ever eat anything when I’m not at home?” Mom scolded. I hid behind the covers making Dr. Han laugh at me. “No wonder you easily get sick.”

“We have an exam so… I lost track of time to eat anything.” I peeked to see her.

“This kid, look at you, you want to be a doctor yet you can’t take care of yourself. How will you be a doctor, then?” Dr. Han asked me. I just grinned at her. “Anyway, you need to stay the night here then you can go home tomorrow. I’ll be leaving you first; I need to check on other patients. Get well soon, soon-to-be Dr. Hwang.” Dr. Han winks at me and I laugh.

“Now tell me…” I saw mom’s hands were at her hips now which mean things are getting more serious. “How many times have you skipped your meals?”

“About four…” I told her brining up four fingers. “Where’s Heerin eonni? And Hami too?” I asked her main purpose is to change the subject. I don’t want her to know that I barely have eaten in four days before I was terribly sick.

----------------------------------

Heerin paid the taxi fare and followed Hami inside their house carrying all shopping bags. Hami left the door opened, leaving it for Heerin to close once she come inside.

Hami drops all bags and went straightly to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water, bringing it with her in the living room, flopping down on the couch. “That babo…” Hami hissed. “What’s wrong with her? She’s fine this morning then she suddenly goes… you know?”

Heerin laughs seeing pissed Hami. “Yah, yah, yah, are you getting angry?” Heerin asked.

“No, it’s just that, we’re totally having the time of our lives, and then she goes all ill.” Hami whined.

“Who pushed her to go shopping? It’s you, right? So don’t go all sulky and blame your twin sister.” Heerin picks up her things and heads for the stairs. “Bring Heerin’s things up in her room.”

Hami drags herself up the stairs all the way to Hana’s room. She put the shopping bags in the closet and Hana’s purse, on the bed. Upon going out of the room, Hami heard a ringing phone.

“Ah, that babo left her phone here.” She opened the purse to see who is calling. It’s Luna. “Hey, Luna, this is Hami.”

“Oh, Hami-yah, where’s Hana?”

“She’s in the hospital right now.” Hami casually said exiting Hana’s room with Hana’s phone, going to Heerin’s room.

“Hospital? What is she doing in the hospital?”

“Hold a sec.” Hami knocks on Heerin’s door. When Heerin opens the door, Hami gave the phone to Heerin. “It’s Luna, she’s looking for Hana.” Hami left, walking her way to her room.

“Oh, Luna?”

“Heerin eonni, where’s Hana?”

“She’s in the hospital; she passed out while we were in the mall. But she’s gonna be fine, it’s just over fatigue. She’ll go home tomorrow. Why did you call?”

“Oh, Hyungshik oppa called me, he said Hana doesn’t answer her phone, so I tried to call, and find out that she’s in the hospital. That’s why.”

“I see. If you want to go visit her, her room number is 513.”

“Thanks, eonni. Bye.” Then Luna hangs up. Heerin tossed Hana’s phone on her study table.

-----------------------------

Minho’s P.O.V.

The feeling of being deceived, it’s not pretty. It’s excruciating. “If you want to settle this once and for all, let’s go to Hwang’s residence.” I told Key.

“What?!? Are you insane? Things will be complicated, you know that right?”

I let out a sigh. “That’s what I want to happen. Since you guys started this out, I’ll straighten it out for you guys.” I took a left, that’s the way to Heerin’s.

“Fine, I surrender, do what you want to do, I don’t care anymore. It’s your life anyway.” Key throws his hands up in the air.

“It’s my life, my preference and I don’t give a damn on what happens.”

“But let me tell you one thing, Hana loves her sisters more than anything that’s why she agreed to be Hami for a day because Heerin said that Hami likes you. Now, if you like Hana, don’t expect her to like you in return.”

“What do you want me to do then?” I asked him. If this is the case, do I tell Hami the truth?

“Well, I don’t know either. The three of them…” Key started pertaining to Heerin, Hana, and Hami. “They have complex personalities, especially the twins.”

“Hami? Complex personality? You must be kidding.” As far as I know, Hami is nice; she’s hyper all the time.

Key nods at me. “Heerin told me once that Hami is jealous on what Hana has. Ever since they were little, Hana received more attention than Hami usually gets. Hana gets whatever she wants but Hami has to plead for it.”

“I never knew that a girl like her would carry so many burdens on her shoulders.”

“But Hami never know that Hana needs so much attention when they were little because she was always sick, and Hami was so playful. Heerin told me so much about them. While she and Hami play outdoors with their dad or the babysitters, Hana would be in their room sleeping, reading or watching cartoons.”

“But…”

“Minho, it’s not as easy as you think? Do you think just because they are twins and the bond between them is strong, don’t you think that Hami holds grudges against Hana? She does.”

“But Key–”

“Minho, if we’re going straight to them today, Hami will hate Hana for the rest of her life and that will all be because of you, got it?”

What’s important, my feelings or other people’s feelings? I can’t think straight right now.

End of P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------

Will edit later for typos...

What will be Minho's decision?

Will he tell Hami and Hana that he knows the truth?

What willhappen to Hana and Hami?

How's Hyungshik?>> LOLing at this