You can't do anything about it

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

 

It was a Monday morning when Minho came to school the way he usually does. The cheeky smile never left his face. When he came to school, Key was already there, sitting in his chair, in deep thought. Minho noticed him looking outside the window, not feeling Minho’s presence.

“Hey!” Minho sat on Key’s table.

Key went back to his senses seeing Minho sitting in front of him. He noticed something. “You look happy. What’s up?”

“Well… Wait a minute; you look like something is wrong? You’re in deep thought, you know.” Minho picks Key’s pen in his table and twirls it in his hand.

“Don’t mind me… hey! You’re talking to me again? What? What happened? Did you finally get back into your senses that it’s really not our fault that you fell in love with Hana?” Key blabbered.

“Shut up, okay? If you think that I would let you and Heerin off that easy, you’re wrong. But… I’m not upset at you guys anymore.”

“You’ve reflected!” Key stood up hugging Minho like a mom. “Finally, my baby is growing up.” Key cooed.

Minho looked at him disgusted until Key lets him go. “Key… sometimes I really think that you’re gay. You’re not, right?”

“Of course I’m not gay!” Key exclaimed.

“Of course, of course… you’ve liked her ever since you met her, so I doubt that you’re gay…”

“– who’s gay?” Heerin walks inside their classroom setting her things on her table.

“Heerin!” Key was startled, he wasn’t sure up to what of their conversation have she heard.

“Yes?” Heerin walks up to them. “Hey…” She points at Minho. “You guys are talking again? You’re not mad anymore?” She held onto Minho’s arm.

Minho laughed at them. Key and Heerin somehow, they’ve become accustomed to each other, they have the same way of thinking, same liking when it comes to food, their iness level is the same and almost all is the same. “Yes… We’re talking again, and I’m talking to you too again.” He grins.

“Yay! My best friends are back to normal again.” Heerin cheered. “You look happy, what’s up?” Heerin commented on Minho’s mood, then looking at Key. “And you… you look sick, did something happen?” She feels Key’s forehead. “Your temperature is normal.”

“I’m fine… really.” Key insisted.

“Are you sure?” Heerin checks further looking at Key’s eyes. “Maybe you just lack sleep.” She commented after seeing him okay, just a bit pale. “And you… what’s with the uplift mood?”

Minho sighed, but he smiled at them nonetheless. “I presumed that she didn’t tell you.”

“Tell me what? Who?” Heerin asked. “Key, were you hiding something from me?” Heerin asked Key to which he replied that it’s not him. Heerin looked at Minho for quite some time then she became speechless with open. “Don’t tell me…”

“Yes… we went out.”

Key laughed standing up his seat and patting Minho’s shoulder. “You’re sneaky as hell. What did you do?”

“Minho… please, no. Hana’s life will be a living hell if Hami finds out.” Key pushed Heerin to sit down on his chair.

“Heerin, I’ve thought about this for a thousand times already.”

“No… please don’t tell me you’ll continue this. If you are then I don’t have any choice but to tell you this thing.”

The atmosphere became serious as the smile on Minho’s face faded away. “Hami doesn’t know that her twin acted as her while she was gone, and Hana doesn’t know that I already know that she existed. That’s it right?” He asked.

Heerin shakes her head left and right while looking down the floor. “She will never choose you over Hyungshik or even over Hami.”

 “Didn’t see that one coming. You two, c’mon, let’s talk this out without emotionally hurting each other’s feelings.” Key was trying to break the tension between them

 “No, Key. Minho has the right to know. She’ll choose Hyungshik over you. Minho, you’re my friend and I don’t want to hurt you either. But this will probably be the less painful way of saying the truth.”

“What do you mean?” Minho asked.

“She talked to me last night, and finally, it made sense to her… she’s dating Hyungshik… officially. It just happened last night.”

Minho clenched his jaw. “Just the other night, she… she…”

“She’s acting it out Minho. Hana knows that you like Hami, she doesn't know that she's the one you really like. It’s what Hami always tell her every single day.”

“No… you’re lying. I know that you are lying, Heerin.” Minho forced a laugh.

Heerin stood up, holding Minho’s hand while Key rested his hands on her shoulders. “Minho… I wish I am. I don’t want to break out the news this way. I thought you were over her, I’m sorry.”

FLASHBACK

Hana woke up with tears in her eyes, and having hard time breathing. She grabs the inhaler fromm the bedside table and inhaled two times, holding her breath, she finally calmed down.

She went straightly to her bathroom turning the faucet clockwise, making water run out.

“I’m trying to get you out of my head, why were you in my dreams? Why?” She splashed her face with water.

“But you’re stuck in this head and heart.” Hana rubs her temples.

She stopped when she looked at herself in the mirror. “How I wish I could’ve slept more.”

She drags herself back in her room, flopping on the bed. She heard knocks on her door and looked at her wall clock that reads 8:00 AM. “Shoot, it’s already 8?” She asked herself.

“Hana… Hana…” Heerin was knocking on her door.

“Coming.” Hana opened the door. “Hey eonni, good morning.”

Heerin ruffles her hair. “Brush your hair.” She told Hana and gave her a bouquet of pink roses. “Here… these came in first thing in the morning, for you.” Heerin went straightly to Hana’s bed and flops down. “Hey… why is the pillow soaked? Have you been crying?”

“No.” Hana was quick to answer. “I was just having a nightmare before I woke up.” She closed the door and pulls the card out.

“From Hyungshik?” Heerin asked.

Hana nodded smiling. “Eonni, can you pick another dress for me?” Hana asked.

“Sure, of course. What? You’re going out on a date again?”

“I think you can call it a date.” Hana sat down on the bed. “Eonni, do you think if I’m going to date Hyungshik sunbae officially, do you think its fine?”

“I see nothing wrong with it you know… don’t tell me that you’re planning to finally put an end to Hyungshik’s hard work making you say yes to him.”

“Maybe, I don’t know. He’s so good to me every single time.”

“That’s why I don’t doubt his intentions for you. Because I know he loves you and he’ll treat you well.”

“Well, I think I’m ready to take risks.”

Heerin giggled and hugged Hana. “Then tell eonni if you and Hyungshik dates officially, okay? Aigoo, my little sister having her first boyfriend while eonni is still single and lonely.” Heerin sighed.

“That’s not true, eonni, you have Kibum oppa.” Hana taps Heerin’s shoulder. “And eonni…” Heerin looks at her. “I think you better tell Minho oppa the truth. I’m feeling guilty, I can’t do this anymore.”

Heerin pats her head. “Don’t worry, Key and I will explain everything to Minho. We’ll let you meet him once too.” Heerin grins.

“Please don’t do that, I think I’ll act all Hami-like again if I see him.”

“Of course you don’t. You really at mimicking Hami, you know. You’re so cute when you try to act like her.” Heerin stood up. “Anyway, I need to go do something first. Call me if you need any help.”

 Hana nodded and Heerin exited the room. “I don’t need to meet him as me, I don’t think I can control my feelings.”

“You at mimicking Hami. That’s why Minho fell in love with you.” Heerin sighed, shaking her head back and forth making her way to her room.

END OF FLASHBACK

“I’m sorry Minho… you can’t do anything about it now.”

Minho still stood there, frozen. While Key took Heerin out of the classroom.

-----------------------------------------------------

Here is a short update for everyone... Updating before leaving tmr... I'll be back on the 2nd, probably... Vacation is extended, this is me, having the real semestral break...

So, what do you guys think? 

Is Hana and Hyungshik together now?

Or is Heerin just lying?

Who owns her heart?

To whom her heart belongs?

When is Key confessing to Heerin?

Questions. Questions. More Questions.

Likeable or not?XD

 

Replies:

BaiLingLing, seems like they won't be together... for now? or for good?

RemIsMee, the reality of life, however you love a person your whole life, if you're not for each other, then I guess that's how things go. Can't have the best of both worlds.

ShineeKEYlovesME, He is really PERSISTENT. What will happen now? Next time you can have Hyunsghik, right now, he's for Hana...LOL

vanillatinks, koala bisssshhh, how are you??LOL... of course, the negotiation is a cute part tho~

onkeyjongmintae, it is now Hana who is asking to sop their lies... 

Sameaknaaa, seems like it won't be happening... I don't know until when...*grins*