It's Her... Hana

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

 

I’ve been sick for three days now. I haven’t been to school in two days, and this is weird. I seldom get sick so I was wondering why now. I caught a fever, and then I started coughing, the next thing I know its flu. Hyungshik sunbae calls me each day to check on my condition but I don’t get to answer all calls since I need to rest, Hami turned the phone on silent mode without the vibration so I don’t get to know whether someone is calling or texting.

It’s Friday and I didn’t get to attend school, it’s boring here at home. I sat up, tired of lying all day. I reached for the digital thermometer from my bedside table. Truthfully, it’s because I don’t know how to read the usual thermometer. Seems crazy right? Me, wanting to be a doctor yet I can’t read the usual thermometer. It reads 37.9◦… I should be fine anytime.

I stood up and went towards my study table where my phone was to check who called and texted me. There was one from Luna:

We have tons of homework given today for next Monday. I’ll drop by your house after class so you can copy them.

One from Heerin eonni and also one from Hami saying the same thing:

Don’t forget to drink your medicines. They are on the bedside table.

But Hami has added something more.

If you get well tomorrow, we’ll go shopping, all on me. Eonni has to pay for her own XD. Get well soon, my twin!

At times when she’s so good to me, I can’t help but feel guilty all over again. I look like a dumb person moping when this feeling attack me. GUILT.

But still, I carry on reading the messages. There was one from Key oppa too. Oh, Heerin eonni must’ve told him that I’m sick.

Why are you sick? Heerin is furious. She says she didn’t take good care of her dongsaengs. But don’t mind her; she’s just dramatic, so she gave vitamins to Hami after lunch. Anyway, get well soon Hana–yah…

There’s one from Taemin. Wait a second, why does everybody I know knows that I’m sick? I didn’t post an ad on the newspaper nor broadcasted in town.

Noona, I was looking for you today but I saw Hyungshik hyung and he told me that you’re at home, resting because you are sick. Get well soon, noona.

And of course, there would be one from Hyungshik sunbae. Not once a day, there were about four or five or so and all his messages accumulated since this morning.

It’s near 8:00 AM. You’re not going to school today?

Then there are messages after this.

Ah, I thought so. You’re still not feeling well?

Maybe you’re still sleeping, ne?

I’m heading to my classroom. It seems that you are still sick, so I can’t wait for your arrival at the school entrance.

I saw Taemin, she’s looking for you.

It’s lunch time. Have you waked yet? You’re not replying to my messages. Eat your lunch and drink your medicine.

Ah, there were six of them. I dropped the phone on the table leaving it there but stopped on my tracks. It wouldn’t hurt if I reply once right? I turn around to get my phone and went back to bed.

I’m awake I just haven’t checked the phone, sunbae.

I set the phone on the side table and switch on the TV. Re-runs, re-runs, and re-runs. I’ve watched this last night too. I just knew it today, being a homebody isn’t that fun, it’s boring. I looked at the side table and noticed that my phone’s light was going on and off. Hyungshik sunbae was calling.

“Hello?”

“So you’re finally awake? I was worried something happened to you.” Here he goes again. I just told him last time not to treat me different from others.

“Nothing happened to me, sunbae. My sister turned it to silent mode so I can get a full rest.” I turned the TV off so I can hear him.

“I see. I thought you were okay so I was waiting for you earlier to come to school.”

“Sunbae, I told you, don’t do that anymore. I know that your decisions relies on you but think about what I feel. I feel like I’m giving you a hard time whenever you wait for me at the school’s entrance every day.” That’s true. I feel that it’s quite a burden when he waits for me when I never said he should.

“Didn’t I told you that no, I can’t do that.”

I sighed. I’m never gonna win against him. “Fine, but at least do not wait for me every day? Please?”

I heard him chuckle on the other line. “Okay, okay. I’m not going to wait for your arrival on the days to come. Happy?”

I smiled. That’s better. “Anyway, I need to hang up, sunbae. Someone’s keeping an eye on me; I shouldn’t be talking on the phone.” I hear Mrs. Kim’s footsteps on the stairs.

“Ah, okay. Get well soon then. Come to school on Monday, okay? And don’t be sick. Bye.” I hang up; because if I don’t hang up first, he wouldn’t. Then we’d be talking all over again.

---------------------------

Minho’s P.O.V.

I don’t know why I seem bothered today. I don’t feel well, it seems like something is bound to happen. I went to the cafeteria earlier to find three people all typing something on their phone. Hami went to the restroom for a bit so I was left with Heerin and Key who were seated beside each other.

 I leaned on the table. “What’s wrong with you?” Key asked me, and then he looks at Heerin and chuckled. “Are you okay?”

“Yea. I just don’t feel good, I feel like I’m going to get sick.” I saw Heerin pulled out something from her bag and tossed it to me. “What’s this?” I asked and opened it. It’s a pill box.

“The one on the upper left is for fever; the one on the upper right is if you caught a cold. The one on the lower right is the multivitamins and the one on the lower left is for headache.” She told me. Woah! Do they have a doctorial blood?

I chuckled. I find it quite amusing. “What?” Key saw me chuckling.

“Nothing. I just find it amusing.” Heerin asked me what is. “You’re bringing different kinds of medicines and I remembered that Hami was bringing all sort of first-aid with her the day I was in an accident.” Heerin and Key suddenly looked at each other which weird me out.

“That’s nothing. You see, our mom is a doctor so… yea.” Heerin afterwards shrugs it off. Now I understand. I picked a medicine for fever and headache and gave them back to Heerin.

I looked beside me to see Hami’s things. There was an open notebook. She must’ve been studying. There were math equations scribbled on her notes and some solved problems. My eyes shifted to her hanky, it flashed on my mind… H.H.N. Curiosity takes over me and I flipped the hanky on the other side. There it is… H.H.M. It’s M, who am I kidding? Of course it would be M.

I suddenly felt nauseous and I can’t think properly. “I’ll see you two in the classroom.” I left the cafeteria as soon as I can. I look left and right. Who are you exactly?

End of P.O.V.

-----------------------------

That day after school, Hami and Hana went straightly to Hana’s room upon arriving from school. Since Hana was asleep, Heerin walks towards the dresser to get the tympanic thermometer to measure Hana’s temperature.

“36.6◦. She’s fine.” Hana told Hami and Hami sat on the bed.

Hami went to get her phone. “Oh, I left this on the study table.” She looks at her call logs and saw that it was mostly Hyungshik’s name on it. “Eonni!” Hami beamed.

“What?” Hana asked returning something on the dresser.

“Do you think Hana and Hyungshik oppa are dating already?”

“I don’t think so.” Heerin was quick to reply. “And stop talking loudly, Hana is sleeping.” She scolded.

Hami pouted, she was scolded again. “Ah, wae? They’re totally like a couple.”

“Hami, looking like a couple doesn’t mean you’re a couple. Get real.”

“Like you and Key oppa?” Hami suddenly asked; Heerin was shocked to hear that from Hami. Usually, all of the things that come from were all about Minho. “You and Key oppa, you two really look like a couple but you’re not.” Hami stated.

“No, were not.” Heerin says turning around to hide her blushing cheeks. “Get change and let Hana rest.” Heerin went out of the room leaving Hami with the sleeping Hana.

-------------------------------

Hami went downstairs to see Heerin and Hana sitting on the bar stools on the kitchen counter still on their sleeping wear. She scratches her eyes and looks again. She saw their mom, cooking, talking to Hana and Heerin. She walks up to them on her pajamas. “Mom, aren’t you supposed to be at the hospital right now?” She asked sitting beside Hana.

“You’re spoiling the fun.” Heerin says munching on her toast.

“I got my off today. Dr. Han is the one on call. So today, Dr. Lee is just mom, okay honey?” Their mom smiles dearly at her three beloved daughters.

“Oh…” Hami feels Hana’s forehead and saw she was well.

“Yah, you told me we’ll go shopping today.” Hana told Hami.

“On one condition…” Hana and Heerin asked what it was. “Mom is coming with us.” She grins.

“Of course, of course.” Their mom laughs and sets Hami’s breakfast on the counter.

“Thanks, mom.”

-------------------------------

It’s the start of weekend. Minho was still lying in bed staring at the ceiling. He was sick last night and his body aches everywhere. A warm bath will solve everything. He sat up clutching on the sheets. He got up and headed for the bathroom

He went out of the bathroom feeling rejuvenated and walks straightly to the closet. While he was getting dressed, he caught sight of three things lying on his accessory section. There were three handkerchiefs, they were not identical but they have something in common, they all have H.H.N. on it.

He held one and looks at it. “This was from when I was in the game then caught in an accident.” He points at the other one. “This… in the supermarket. It’s identical to mine so I thought that it’s mine, but it’s not.” He drops the one he’s holding and pick up the latest addition to the collection. “I saw the owner of this one.” He grunts and tossed the hanky back to its place. “I need to get this off of my mind. I’m going to be crazy soon if this won’t stop.” He dressed to go out though he’s not fully well.

He dried his hair dialing on his phone, calling Key.

------------------------------

When mom pulled over to park, Hami was so giddy to go out of the car like a five-year old kid’s first time in the mall. Maybe this is just what Hami needs. Sometimes she would be sulky because mom wouldn’t be always around when we have problems; it would always be Heerin eonni that would act like mom whenever Hami has problems.

“Let’s go, let’s go.” Hami pushed me out of the car.

“Just a sec, we’ll eventually get inside.” I grinned at her.

“Hami, Hana just got well, don’t push her.” Heerin eonni was being mom again. She was objecting that I’ll come with them today because she said I need to rest more but she won’t stand a chance to mom and Hami.

“Eonni, Hana is fine. She can do cartwheels all the way inside the mall.” Hami sarcastically told Heerin eonni making mom laugh. We never had his kind of bonding in a long time. She hurriedly went out of the car after I did, pulling me with her inside the mall with mom and Heerin eonni trailing behind us.

“Where do we go first?” I asked her. She too, was undecided looking around where to go. “Don’t tell me you don’t know where to go?” I asked her in disbelief. Every time we would go shopping, she doesn’t know where to go first so I always end up picking the first shop we’ll go to.

It’s a good thing that mom and Heerin eonni were with us. We went to 'DollyQueen' first because mom wanted to pick clothes for us, her little girls. She felt guilty she couldn’t spend more time with us like a normal mom would with her kids. Hami was getting hangers off the rack to try them on and mom telling her to get more. Heerin eonni and I laughed at mom and Hami being all serious about clothes.

The shopping went on and we didn’t go as promised, mom paid for all of it leaving our bank accounts safe. We jump from one shop to another, to 'Peter & Paul', 'Name Tricot', to 'Roem', to 'Basic +', off to 'Helen Tracy', then to 'B-line' for cutesy clothes. Then we went to 'Mule', 'Tocca Mi', 'Clue', and 'Four Season' for accessories and other necessities.

“I’m tired.” I sighed, good thing I wore flats. Heerin eonni looks at mom shaking her head left and right.

“C’mon, let’s go pamper our hands and feet.” Mom dragged us all the way to 'Nail Party'.

The moment I sat down the chairs, it feels heaven. We’ve been walking for almost two hours straight and I can’t even feel my feet after that.

I still need to go to optical clinic for my eyes. Anyway, I’ll just enjoy this first and head to Prime optical after.

--------------------------------

Minho had parked the car and went out. Key was on the passenger’s seat. “COEX? Why didn’t you say so from the beginning? I would be willing to go here with you.” Key hissed.

“Yah, you’re not a friend you know?” Minho smirks. “I need to unwind.” He told Key.

“C’mon let’s go. Whatever is in your mind, let it go.” Key told him. They were making their way inside the mall.

“It’s not a what’; it’s a who.” Minho said in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone. “She’s been filling up my mind for an entire week already.” Minho seems sulky.

“She? Oh, it’s a girl…” Key trailed. ‘Must be Hami.’ He thought. “Just snap out of it, okay?”

“Mom, I’ll leave these here with you, first.” Hana said changing to the slip-ons they bought earlier.

“Wait for me.” Hami told her but they were still working on her toenails.

“No, I’ll be really quick. I’ll get the prescription then I’ll get my lenses then I’ll be back.” Hana said. Hami asked where she would be. “Prime Optical.”  Hana replied and went off.

After a while of being in the mall looking for things together, Key and Minho went their separate ways. Key has to buy clothes while Minho needs to look to running shoes.

Minho was heading to 'Prospecs, Skechers, Montbell' walking on the narrow path when he suddenly saw Hami exiting the 'Nail Party' looking left and right but she didn’t see Minho. Hami walked to her right.

Minho smiled when he saw her and decided that he’ll follow and surprise her. ‘She would be thrilled.’ Minho thought. He followed her, Hami turned left, so he turned left too.

That’s the way to 'Prime Optical'. Minho saw Hami enter the store so he peeks to see her.

Minho’s P.O.V.

Prime optical? What is she doing here? I saw her walking in looking at the glasses. “Yah, are you done?” She tapped a girl with a same height as her.

“They’re getting my new contact lenses.” I heard her say. That voice is familiar. She giggled. “Oh, Hami-yah, you’re ugly when you’re blurred.” She told Hami and she giggled.

“Yah, aren’t we twins? Then you’re ugly too.” What? TWINS?!? Is she??? “Yah, Hana, you’re too much.” Hana? Twins? Hwang Hana? H.H.N.? That’s her.

“Ah, wait a sec, I need to get this done.” I stared at them, Hami looking at her, Hana putting her contact lenses on, I still didn’t see her face. “There.” As if the world was moving in slow motion for me, she turned to Hami and I saw the left side of her face. That face, she’s the one on Starbucks running away from me.

“Let me see.” Hami looked at her eyes. “Ah, I feel like I’m looking in the mirror.” That’s her.

Hami has a twin? Since when? She’s that girl. The one in the game; the owner of the hanky in the market, it’s her. And the one sitting in front of me in Starbucks. It’s her, Hwang Hana.

End of P.O.V.

After looking at the twins for quite some time, Minho decided to go. He called Key to tell him they need to go, luckily, Key was done shopping for his things.

“Did you buy them?” Key asked about those running shoes that Minho has been buzzing for days now.

“No. I met someone on the way?” Minho sternly said, his steps were bigger. ‘I need to get out of this place.’

“Who?” Key asked curiously.

Upon reaching the parking lot, Minho unlocks the car. “Get in.” There were things flashing on his mind.

One of Hyungshik's teammates came up to him. "Captain, your most awaited audience is here." Hyngshik turns around to see Hana standing there with Luna. He waved and Hana just smiled in reply, typical her.

"So, we'll just see each other later." Then Hyungshik left. Minho looked at where Hyungshik is looking at earlier. 'It's Hami.'

"Hami?" Minho asked himself silently. "She seems sweet than usual... and" He looks at who he knew is 'Hami' again "Her hair had grown longer. She transferred school?" He asked again but return in their benches.

                                ….

"Oppa, just stay still okay?" Hana smiled at him holding his right rand. She started working on his wound and after 10 minutes, she's done. "There, you're all good, you just need to go to the hospital for a check-up." Minho was holding on Hana's white– now red handkerchief because of the blood.

"Of course. No need for thank you. A promise is a promise, it should be kept." She timidly replied.

"You've changed." Minho told her smiling.

"No I haven't." Hana said helping him rest his head on the neck rest. "You're just delirious because of little blood loss."

"No, really. I have known you for so long now but it's the first time I'm seeing you like this."

"Hyung, stop the car!" He yells. He saw the girl hails a cab.

"What? Why?"

"Just stop the car!" He went out of the car when it stopped and was almost hit by a speeding SUV. He looks at the stop to see her, but she's gone. He went back into the car."

"Yah, it seems that our number one striker is sick." Hyungshik mocks.

"Just a bit. I sneezed."

"Oh, by the way, this is Choi Minho. He's the captain of our greatest rival school."

"Annyeonghaseyo." Hana greets Minho then turns to Hyungshik. "Sunbae, I'll go with our team." Hana left.

Minho followed her with his gaze. He saw her surname printed at the back of her jacket.

"Hwang?" Minho asked Hyungshik.

Hyungshik nods. "If you're gonna ask me her name, forget it. No one touches my girl." Hyungshik smirks and left Minho standing.

“Aniya, oppa. It’s alright. I know that you need to attend an important event.” Minho blinked for about three times, he is feeling fondness. “You don’t need to worry, oppa.”

Minho chuckled lightly. “I knew you would understand. I know you’ll do well.”

“Thank you for the encouraging words, oppa.”

“Anyway, I need to go. See you in school on Monday.” Minho leans in and gave her a peck on the cheek on which Hana turned crimson red in an instant.

“I saw her.” Minho maneuvered and got off the parking lot, driving on the road now.

“Who?” Key asked. “You didn’t answer my question earlier too. Who the hell did you meet? Why are suddenly so grumpy when you were perfectly fine just a min–”

Key was cut off because Minho pulled on the sidewalk, braking without warning. He turned to Key. “I saw her… Hana.”

“You saw who???” Key exclaimed.

 

--------------------------------

I would just like to thank everyone for the lovely comments that gave me every single bit of hope and energy

So here it is, FINALLY!!! Now everything is revealed.

What will Minho do?

What will happen to Hami now that Minho knows?

Will Key tell Heerin?

Will they do something?