It's True, All True

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

 

Hami rode a cab all the way to Holly’s Coffee downtown. Recently, she has been meeting Hyungsik a lot. They just talk and talk and talk till they notice that it’s pretty dark outside and that Hami should head home because she has homework to do. Still, Hyungsik cares for Hana. He usually eats lunch with her because Luna is being distant, the other girls go with Luna and Hana is usually alone so Hyungsik joins her, invites himself in, rather.

One thing that bothers Hami is that whenever she sees Hyungsik out, when it’s time for them to go their separate ways; she’ll always see Luna somewhere. At first, Hami thinks they were purely coincidental but she heard from Jonghun that Hami likes Hyungsik.

“Oppa, I guess a lot of girls from IPA like you.” Hami commented.

“Hmm… I don’t really know since I’ve been chasing Hana for more than a year now. So I never really know.” Hyungsik shrugs.

“Yah, you like my twin sister that much, right?” Hami asked.

Hyungsik nodded. “But Hana is distant.”

“She’s like that to everyone else, don’t worry.” Hami assured.

“But not to Jonghun hyung.” Hyungsik laughed bitterly.

Hami paused. This is the first time that she doesn’t know how to answer Hyungsik. She can’t deny that. “You should understand, because Jonghun oppa is Hana’s best friend.”

“Don’t you think I know? Hana likes Jonghun hyung, since middle school. And she calls him oppa while she calls me sunbae.”

Hami can just look at Hyungsik, can’t answer.

-------------------

“Hana is responding to her medications very well. The test indicates that her heart is fine as of now, no abnormalities aside from her original sickness.” Dr. Han informed Dr. Lee.

“That’s a relief. Hana has been quite happy these past few weeks.”

“That’s great and she told me she control her feelings sometimes like getting excited or when she feels really sad, she finds things that will make her happy. See? I told you it will be a big help if you tell her.”

Meanwhile, Hana is outside Dr. Han’s office talking on her phone. “Mmm…” Hana nodded as if the one she’s talking to can see her.

“You’re bored?” Jonghun asked her, talking to her like she’s a baby.

“Mmm…” Hana only made those sounds while nodding.

“Do you want me to go pick you up? We can go unwind for a while.”

“Oppa, we always go out, we probably have visited most of the beautiful attractions here in Seoul.”

“We can always go south. Let’s visit Busan sometime.” Jonghun suggested.

Hana shook her head. “We can’t. Mom won’t let us, and there’s still school. You don’t worry much because you’re on vacation.” Hana pointed out.

“We can, on the week school break. We’ll invite everybody, your sisters and their boyfriends, and we’ll even invite Hyungsik and Luna if you want to.”

“But Hami doesn’t have a boyfriend, so it’s just Key oppa.”

“That other kid is not Hami’s boyfriend? The tall guy?” Jonghun asked.

Minho oppa.“No, he’s not. He’s Heerin eonni and Key oppa’s best friend. Hami likes him but… they’re not together.”

“Hmm… Nonetheless, we’ll invite him too.”

That’s probably a bad idea.“Yea sure; the more the merrier.” Stupid, why did you agree?

-------------------

Hami arrived home to see Heerin in the living room, using the phone. Probably talking to Key.

“Eonni, did Hana and mom arrived?” Hami asked.

Heerin got off the phone for a while. “No. Why?”

“I need to return this to her.” Hami took the ring off of her finger. “I borrowed it yesterday.”

“You can just leave it in her room, or where she usually keeps them.” After that, Heerin went back to talking on the phone.

Hami shrugged and made her way upstairs to her room first to change. She grabbed the accessory in her bedside table and dashed into Hana’s room.

“Where did she get this from?” Hami tried to remember where Hana got the ring. “Ah!” Hami headed towards Hana’s drawers and opened them to see where Hana’s jewelry box is.

After she closed the drawer, something caught her eye. A piece of paper stuck in a closed drawer. Hami opened it to see it’s an envelope. “For Hana?” She read. “I wonder what is this?” She opened the envelope just as the door burst open.

“Hami?” Hana muttered. She saw Hami holding that familiar envelope which carries the letter she reads every night. She ran towards Hami and snatched the envelope away. “Hami, what are you doing here in my room?” Hana asked nervously.

Hami was shocked at Hana’s sudden action. “I just returned that white gold ring I borrowed from you. It’s already in the jewelry box.”

“Ah– okay.” Hana panted.

“What is that?” Hami asked pointing at the envelope on Hana’s hands.

Hana shook her head left and right hiding the envelope behind her. “Nothing really important.” Hana shrugged it off.

Hami looked at Hana weirdly. “O-kay? If it’s nothing important, why do you need to hide it from me?”

“Well…” Hana paused, thinking of what to tell Hami. “Someone at school wrote me a letter and it’s kind of really cheesy and stuff and I don’t really know him.”

“Yikes, cheesy stuffs. Good thing I wasn’t able to read it or I’ll be having goose bumps for the rest of the evening.” Hami exaggerated. She doesn’t like romantic/cheesy stuffs, not unless it’s Minho who is telling her those things.

Hana laughed at her. “That’s why I quickly snatched it away from you. Anyway, would you mind going back to your room now? I feel really tired, I need to sleep.”

“Of course not; totally not, goodnight then.” Hami hugged Hana and left her room, leaving Hana sighing in relief.

“That was really close.” She sighed one more time, hand on her chest. Her heart was beating really fast.

-------------------

It’s the day of the cup and Hana is left at home, all alone. She already asked permission from their mom and also asked Dr. Han if she can watch a soccer game. She said its fine but don’t stay for too long.

Hami, Heerin, Key, and Taemin have gone to see the game and Hana was left; she was fully dressed to go though.

Hana however, decided to leave too, grabbing a medium size bag and left home. She was walking her way out of the village. She passed a convenient store and decided to buy some things. Exiting the convenient store with two paper bags in her hands, she rode a taxi when she was on the main road.

The game will start in five minutes and everyone is staying in their seats waiting for the game to start and others are standing behind the bleacher bars. The sun was cooperating with them, it’s not raining at it’s not that hot. The weather was great.

Hana searched for Hami, Heerin, or Key. It was Key who she saw on the bench on the side of the field. She went straightly to them; the players of both teams were still in the locker rooms and won’t be out a minute more.

“Key oppa!” Hana called. The game is not yet starting but the audience was as loud.

“Hey, what are you doing here? I thought that you’re not allowed to go?” Key said as he went over to her, leaving his seat.

“I am, but I can’t stay long and Hyungsik sunbae is expecting me to come see him.”

Key nodded forcibly. “I see. Hyungsik?” Key asked just to make sure.

“Yes.”

“Heerin is in the women’s locker room, Hami is somewhere out there.” Just then, the screaming got really loud and the next thing Hana saw was Minho and Hyungsik walking in the field side by side with the rest of the players from both schools.

“Is the game going to start right away?” Hana yelled. It was too noisy it’s hard to talk normally.

“About five minutes more and they’re going to start. Why?”

“I need to see Hyungsik sunbae, I’ll leave you first oppa, but I’ll be back, wait for me.”

Hana walked towards IPA’s bench just about fifty meters away. She stood beside IPA’s football coach and waited for Hyungsik.

Hyungsik saw her and he began sprinting towards her, with Minho’s gaze following Hyungsik and seeing Hana in the process.

No matter how hard he tried to just shrug it off and forget about her. There was still the pain tingling in his heart, somewhere deep in there.

“Hana, you’re here.” Hyungsik greeted her.

Hana nodded. “But the doctor only let me for ten to fifteen minutes, sunbae. And I’ll wish you good luck of course with the minutes I’m allowed to be here.”

“That’s such a waste. You won’t get to see the game.”

“I know, but here; I brought you this, sunbae.” Hana handed one paper bag to him. They were full of ionized drinks to rehydrate. “It’s the least I can do. I need to see my sister now, sunbae. Good luck with the game.” Hana smiled sweetly at him and went off with Hyungsik looking at her retrieving figure.

When Hyungsik saw that Hana was walking towards Key, he knew that Hana is going to look for Heerin next so he took his eyes off of her and started stretching.

This is what he’s dreads to happen. That Hana is there, not for him, but for someone else. This made him loose his focus and just think about her. Looking around, he saw Hana talking to Key just behind them.

“This will only make me loose the only thing that makes me happy despite everything else.” Minho was pertaining to the championship.

“Oppa, can you do me a favor?” Hana asked Key as she kept glancing at Minho from time to time.

“Sure, what is it?” Key noticed what Hana was doing. “You know, we could move if it bothers you that much that Minho is right in front of us. I wouldn’t mind; really.”

Hana shakes her head silently. “No, not really, I’m fine being here.” Hana looks at where Minho was sitting, his back facing them. Hana continues talking to Key but her eyes are locked on Minho. “You’re right, oppa.” Hana said all of a sudden. “What you are thinking from way before… it's true, all true.”

A smile crept up on Key’s face. “People like us, think alike so you really can’t hide anything from oppa, Hana-yah. But you really know how to fool a person. I for once doubted that my speculation was wrong, since you’re so good at hiding it.”

“I can’t afford to hurt Hami. The thing with Jonghun oppa is… I never loved anybody as much as I loved Jonghun oppa. He became all to me, a friend, best friend, brother, sister, mother, father, and a boyfriend. I can’t disregard that, and if I were to weigh the feelings I have for them, I wouldn’t want to hurt Minho oppa.”

Key nodded at this. “Because you love Jonghun hyung more?” Hana didn’t respond. “Minho understands that, Hana. But I don’t know if he can take it if you tell him yourself.”

Hana smiled bitterly, looking at Key. “That’s why you’re there oppa. Here.” Hana hands him another bag.

Key opened it and saw Gatorades and towels in it. “What am I going to do with this?”

“I was hoping you could hand it over to him. I’m not allowed to stay out for more than twenty minutes, oppa. Heerin eonni knows that too. And here, it’s for you to hold.” Hana handed a small red briefcase to him with a white cross, a first aid kit. “I hope he doesn’t get any injury or bruises now.” Hana once again glances at Minho’s way. “It’s probably the least I could do for him.”

Key pets her head lightly. “I understand.” He sighed. “You better get going now and go straight home. I’ll just message you to update on the game.”

Hana nods repeatedly. “I’ll be off now, oppa.” Hana takes a last look at Minho and then to Key and left after.

Few minutes more before the game starts when Key sat beside Minho. Minho just looked at Key and didn’t say anything. Minho looked down and make sure that his shoes were tied perfectly.

“You saw her, why are you acting like you didn’t?” Key asked.

Minho shrugged. “I think its better this way. She’s not here for me after all.” Minho stood up and stretched his legs and arms.

“Then I guess I have to give this to Hyungsik since you don’t like them.”

Minho looked at Key who dropped the bag beside him. He sat down again. “What are those?”

“Ionized drinks and towels, they are for you. She brought them with her. And another thing, but it’s for me.” Key waves the first aid kit in the air. “She wished you good luck and she hopes that you don’t get any injury and bruises like you did the last time.”

Minho smiled warmly at this.

“But… don’t get your hopes up, brother. This doesn’t mean anything.”

Still, Minho smiled. “The fact that she cared, it’s pretty damn enough for me.” This made Minho feel great after being so down.

 

----------------------------------

I'm sorry for not updating much as I've been busy with work and such and I can't reply to the comments rn. It's way past my bedtime. LOL

will edit this chap for the replies or maybe post them next chapter. Thanks for all the support :))