Another One

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

 

“Hey Key. I came as soon as I heard what happened to Hana. How is she?” Hyungsik asked walking towards Hana’s bed, where he saw Jonghun, sitting beside Hana. “Jonghun hyung?”

Key looks at Hyungsik, then to Jonghun. “I forgot, you’re from the same academy after all. Hyungsik, I think its best if you hear it from Heerin, but Hana is fine, you don’t need to worry.”

“Park Hyungsik…” Jonghun looked at Hyungsik’s way. “It’s nice to see you again.”

However, Hyungsik ignored him. “Key, she was fine yesterday, we even went to the amusement park.”

Jonghun looked at Hyungsik. “You went where? Amusement park? Didn’t you know that she has a weak body? She can’t even play soccer well yet you admitted her onto the soccer team. You’re insane. I told you before, right? If anything happens to her just because of that stupid soccer, and for your silly faults–”

“Guys…” Key stopped them. “C’mon, we have a sick patient right in front of us. Can you at least wait until you’re out to fight?”

“Park Hyungsik… at least you should’ve known if she was sick or something. You’re with her for pete’s sake.” Minho is in the conversation too.

Key sighed. “Minho, not you too. C’mon, the three of you, please, get out of this room if you want to talk. If you guys want to stay, zip it.”

The three looked at each other; Jonghun gave up and sat beside Hana again, holding her hand. Hyungsik stood at the end of the bed looking at Hana. Key looked at Minho who was still standing where he was.

“Minho, can I talk to you for a second?” Key taps his shoulder and drags him out of the room, closing the door. “Minho, I know you’re affected of what happened to Hana, but please, try not to comment when Jonghun hyung and Hyungsik are fighting over her.”

“Why? Does it make any difference? Key, I’m hell worried about her right now. I almost stood up my seat when Hami told me that Hana is in the hospital.” Minho reasoned out.

“Then why are you with Hami? Haven’t we talked about this? If Hami gets hurt because of you, Hana will hate you, I tell you. Spare Heerin because she’s your friend. Just today, get a grip. Those two are enough, adding you in there will be too much already.” Key scolded.

Minho was frustrated, he don’t know what to do. “Get inside, I’ll stay here first.” He was trying to calm himself down. He felt the need to protect Hana. But how can he when he’s not even allowed to say what he feels out loud? “It would be better if I’ll stay here first.” He told Key.

--------------------

Heerin and Hyemi came back to see Minho outside of the room, sitting at the benches. “Minho oppa, why are you out of the room?” Hyemi ask, standing beside him.

When Minho was about to respond, Heerin cut him off. “C’mon, let’s get inside.” She said holding onto Minho’s arms.

When Heerin opened the door, she stood frozen to see Hyungsik there, worried about what Hami might react, but…

“Oh.” Hami muttered and walks towards Hyungsik past Heerin. “You must be Park Hyungsik-ssi.” Hyungsik turns to look at Hami. He was shocked for five seconds, and then he looks at Hana, back to Hami.

Jonghun chuckled looking at Hyungsik. “Yah, is it your first meeting? Don’t you know Hami? She’s Hana’s twin sister.”

Hami grins. “It’s nice to meet you. Hana mustn’t have mentioned me. Oh well, my sister is very timid and reserved so I understand. Anyway…” Hami turns to Jonghun. “Yah oppa, go eat and leave Hana there for a while, she won’t go anywhere. Get into the table, Jonghun oppa, Key oppa, Minho oppa, and Hyungsik oppa. Go eat.” Hami instructed while she drags Key and Minho towards the table.

Heerin was sitting where Jonghun was before. She saw Hana slowly opens her eyes, waking up from her nap. Heerin puts her index finger on her lips telling her not to say anything. “Ah, what did Hana do to have all these people visiting her?” Heerin asked out loud. Hana asked, mouthing ‘who?’ “Jonghun oppa is here, Key is here. Even Minho and Hyungsik are here.” Heerin sounded like she was joking but in reality, she was just informing Hana about ‘Jonghun+Minho+Hyungsik’ being there all at once. It’s as if on cue, Hana shuts her eyes close again which made Heerin chuckle silently.

--------------------

It’s almost twilight yet, they are all still there. Heerin and Key were just waiting for Hyungsik and Minho to go home so they can go too.

“How come Hana isn’t waking up?” Hami asked Heerin.

“It’s probably because of the medicines they’ve been injecting with the IV.” Heerin reasoned. You guys, you should all go home. After all, mom told the nurses not to let anyone in after 7PM.” She looks at her watch. “Jonghun oppa, you just came back to Korea few days ago and here you are, looking after Hana.”

“Hyungsik and Minho too. You guys… aren’t you preparing for the cup?” Key asked pertaining about the football cup. “Don’t you have practice today?”

“Minho oppa…” Hami called. “We should probably head home now. You still have practice tomorrow. We still have school. You too Hyungsik oppa.”

Hyungsik stood up and looked at Hana. “Okay, I’ll be going ahead. I’ll just visit her again tomorrow.”

Heerin smiled waving at him. “Have a safe drive.” She told Hyungsik while he was getting out of the door. Heerin looked at Minho and Hami. “You two?”

“I’ll just go use the bathroom for a while.” Hami ran into the bathroom.

Minho stood behind Jonghun, looking at Hana’s pale face. ‘What am I going to do? I’m hopelessly in love with you… but you don’t want me where I want to be… beside you.’

Heerin walks towards Minho, holding onto his arm. Minho looks at Heerin. “Can you come with me for a while?” Minho nodded. Heerin turns to Key. “Key, tell Hami to wait here.”

--------------------

Heerin and Minho went out of the hospital. “How are you?” Heerin asked him.

Minho chuckled. “I think I’m fine. Thanks for asking. And… I heard from Key about you guys. I’m happy for the both of you.”

“Thanks.” Heerin gave a warm smile. “Honestly… putting all things aside, I think you’re the best guy for Hana.”

Minho shot Heerin a ‘seriously?’ look. “I would believe that if that’s what’s actually happening right now. But at this moment…” He shakes his head left and right.

“So… you’ve met Jonghun oppa too.”

“No, not really. We never talked.” Minho answered.

“Minho, even for Hami… I will not push you to Hami. I’ve been in fault all this time.”

“You think so too?” Minho mocked. He was not as sulky and emotional as before. Now, all things that don’t favor him, he makes it fun though it’s slightly bitter-ish.

“Yah~” Heerin hits him on his arm. “It’s enough that I feel bad already. You don’t need to rub it in.”

“C’mon, you know I’m joking.” Minho grins.

“Ei, this kid. I’ve been your friend for so long. I know when you’re feeling happy, sad, or just plain so-so.”

“Can’t I at least pretend to be happy? This will get people less worried about me. And, you know I’m not the suicidal type. I’ll survive, as Key said. We still have to think about Hami, on how would she feel.”

Heerin felt crying. She’s talking to her best friend about her sisters’ sake. “Think for your own sake from now on, okay?” Heerin told him. “You must put yourself first before others.” Heerin was now contradicting all she said way back. “Whatever your decision is, I promise from now on, I’ll support it.”

“Yah, are you crying?” Minho noticed Heerin tearing up.

“Of course not!” Heerin denied despite her wiping her tears away, and sniffing.

“Yah, stop it, people might think I’m making you cry, and I’m not even your boyfriend.” Minho laughs.

“You dare laugh at this time?”

“Of course.” Minho replied. “If I won’t, I think I’ll go crazy”

“But you have to remember what I said. You have to think for your own sake first.”

Minho shakes his head, disagreeing with Heerin. “Of course not, you have to think of your loved ones first, then yourself.” Minho now nods with his smile plastered on his face. “Anyway, I’ll be in the car, just tell Hami to meet me there, okay?” Minho walks away, slowly; the smile on his face is fading, replaced by the sad and serious look.

--------------------

After Jonghun left.

“Yah, Hwang Hana, you can open your eyes now, everyone left.” Heerin said, making Key laugh at her. “Seriously, she woke up when you guys were eating, so I had to say those things.” Heerin told Key. But Hana was sleeping for real. “I feel bad.”

Key hugs her from behind. “Again? About what this time?”

“A lot of things, for Hana, for Hami, and mostly for Minho, he’s been the one strongly affected by this situation. I told him I won’t push him to Hami that he can like whoever he wants to. But I almost cried when he answered.”

“What did he say?” Key faced Heerin, holding her hand.

“That we should think about what Hami will feel too. I can see the sadness behind his smiling face.”

“It all depends upon them on what’s going to happen now. C’mon, let’s go.”

Heerin walks towards Hana to tuck her in properly, as Key saw her hand where the IV was connected. “Heerin…” Heerin looked at Key. Key pointed at Hana’s hand. “That bracelet… does it belong to Hana?”

“I guess. Hami said that Hyungsik gave it to Hana when he visited her in the hospital last time. But Hana said it was not from Hyungsik.” Heerin answered. “Why?”

“This… it belongs to Minho.”

--------------------

Hami and Minho were in the car, silence is ear piercing.

“Oppa, should we go eat first? Since it’s already late…” Hami trailed.

Minho looked at her and smiled. “I would love to, Hami. But I don’t feel so well right now. Maybe next time.”

Hami nodded. “Okay.”

Something has been bothering Hyungsik since he went in the hospital that morning. First was because of Jonghun being there before he arrived, that Jonghun knows more about Hana then he knows her. Second, that Hana is in the hospital again. She gets sick repeatedly, he was wondering what her real condition is even if Heerin said that Hana would be fine. And lastly, the thing that bothers him the most is Hami.

“Why do I feel that way when I looked at her?” He asked himself.

“Yah, where are you?” Jonghun was talking on the phone. He just got home, walking his way to his room.

“Home.”

“The whole day?” Jonghun asked in disbelief.

“Yes. Ah hyung, why are you calling?”

“Your cousin is in the hospital, you might wanna visit her.”

“Hana is in the hospital again?” Jaejin asked. Jonghun answered with an ‘hmm’. “Don’t get worried too much, you know, hyung, Hana’s second home is the hospital. She probably has been to the hospital a hundred times before.”

“Is she seriously sick? I mean, I know that she have asthma and such allergies that she has difficulties breathing.”

“Nothing that I know of except for those you mentioned.”

“Yah, bastard! Visit her.” Jonghun said once again.

“Ah hyung, you’re there to take care of her.” Jaejin reasoned out.

--------------------

Minho stopped right in front of the Hwang residence. “I guess I’ll just see you tomorrow in school.” Minho told Hami.

“Of course. See you tomorrow, oppa!” Hami waved and closed the door. Minho sped off after.

Minho grabbed a paper bag at the back seat when he went out of the car. He was back at the hospital again. He locked his car and looked at his wristwatch. It reads 6:32. Dr. Lee instructed the nurses not to let anyone in after 7PM.

He went straight to her unit and stood outside of Hana’s room, stalling time. He smiled thinking of the same thing he was thinking the first time she visited her. Hana might be awake… or she might not be. It’s already 6:45 and he’s still there, standing outside Hana’s room.

He decided to leave. Just as the door opens and closes. “Mr. Choi?”

Minho turned around to see the same nurse who saw him last time. Minho bowed lightly. “It’s nice to see you again.”

The nurse looks at her watch. “We still have about fifteen minutes before seven. Hana is wide awake, she just had her dinner, and you can visit her for a while.”

Minho shakes his head in decline. “I’m just here to drop this off. Would you mind giving this to Hana?” Minho hands her the paper bag. “I’m going ahead; I’m kind of in a hurry Nurse Heo.”

“Of course, it would not be a big deal.”

“Thank you and please don’t tell her who gave it.” Minho bowed again and left.

“Hana…”

Hana turned the TV off. “Yes, nurse Heo?”

“Someone came and asked me if I could give this to you. He didn’t come in since it’s almost 7PM.”

“Who?” Hana asked as she unties the ribbon.

“He didn’t say his name. Anyway, it’s almost 7, you should rest now.” Nurse Heo went out of the room.

Hana’s heartbeats went faster when she saw three handkerchiefs. “These… Minho oppa have these.” Hana went out of her hospital bed with her IV stand, she went out of her room, looking left and right, but no one is there. Hana is having difficulties breathing, until a loud sound was heard.

--------------------

Minho was near the exit of the building when he overheard the nurses in the desk talk.

“Call Dr. Lee, say it’s an emergency. The patient from room 307 had an attack. And page for Dr. Han, call for emergency.”

“Who is in room 307?” A nurse asks a fellow nurse.

“Dr. Lee’s daughter, Miss Hana.”

Minho stopped in his tracks upon hearing Hana’s name. He quickly turns back and run back to Hana’s room.

--------------------

OKAY!

So, guess who's graduating from University this April? *graduation march sounds*

Woohoo, I'm 19 and graduating from university... my parents want me to go to law school but I want to be a singer/writer

LOL...thinking too much right?XD

Anyway, OMO, what will happen...actually, a very close friend asked me this

"Is Hana going to die?"

That, I can't answer you now. 

Replies:

 

kprincess1995, ikrXD Minho would be really mean if he'll do that...LOL
 
pandagirl753, hmmmm, no, not really. maybe a pentagon would be the right one..XD
 
keroro09, awwww, thanks...really, you've been reading all my stories  *or probably not* but I know you read most of them.XD
 
rhenrhenn, getting sooo much attention, I think I'll go crazy if I'm Hana...LOL  thanks!