It's Like Math

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

It’s been a month after Hana was discharged from the hospital, and Jonghun has been busy with other stuffs but he made sure he visits Hana when he has free time.

Now, everyone in their family knows Hana’s conditions so Heerin and Hami drops Hana off to school and picks her up after school ended. It was a smooth sail if you must say. Luna wasn’t talking that much to Hana now and Hyungsik is growing closer to Hami.

It was a perfect picture.

It’s been about five weeks, since I last saw him. After receiving that letter, not even once he came to visit home, or even send Hami home. Of course, Hami would usually talk about him while we eat dinner or just hang out in the patio. The football cup has been rescheduled too, due to the storm.

Heerin lead Hami and Hana to where Key’s car was parked.

“Oppa, sorry for troubling you again.” Hana said once she was inside.

Key turns to look at her. “That’s nothing. In each day that we pick you up from school, you always say that.”

“But really, you guys… I’m fine. I can go home by myself, maybe ride a taxi. You know that I’ll be fine.”

“The thing is…” Heerin started.

“Key oppa himself insisted, so, just stay put.” Hami ended Heerin’s sentence.

Key started driving, looking at the twins at the back seat every now and then. Just as Heerin’s phone rings. Heerin looks at Key when she saw the caller ID. Heerin made Minho make reasons for her to bail out and picks up Hana from school.

“Hey, what did coach say?” Heerin asked. Key chuckled at Heerin’s question.

“You’re dead meat. He said you’ll be running 20 laps tomorrow before practice.”

“Yah, but the game is the day after tomorrow.”

“Nah, I’m just kidding. Look, I need you guys to pick me up; I saw that Key has been bringing his car. I’ve got tons of things here with me, and there’s no taxi passing by.”

Heerin hesitated. “Hmm… yea sure. We’re going to pass it anyway.” She hands up and told Key, “Key, we need to go back to school for a while. He’s bringing tons of things with him and he can’t hail a cab. I owe him much for bailing me out of practice.”

Key looked at the rearview mirror to see Hana who seems to be clueless. “Okay.”

Key pulled over and opened the trunk. Heerin was about to get off, “Baby, I got this.” He went out of the car and looked for Minho. Key’s car was tinted pitch black.

Hami looks behind them to see who was ‘he’ that they were referring to, but the trunk was open so it’s hard to see.

“Hana, can you move a bit to the center. Someone is riding with us.” Heerin told Hana.

Hana didn’t say anything but moved according to her sister’s instructions. They felt the trunk close and the doors opened.

Key comfortably sat in the driver’s seat. On the other hand, Minho died on his tracks when he saw Hana and Hami in there.

Stupid... Why didn’t I think of that? Of course. Heerin is this super sister. Maybe this is why she always asks me to make reasons for her to bail out.

“Yah, are you riding or not? It’s going to rain now, I’m telling you.” Key waits for his answer.

Minho just sighed deeply and got himself in. “Hey…” Minho greeted earning a smile from both Hana and Hami.

Total laser copy. “How are you?”I’m lame, I know. How are you? Minho, is that all you can ask?

“I’m good…” Hana nods. “Thanks for asking by the way.” After that, there was a total silence in the car. Hana’s fingers were fidgeting, holding the hem or her skirt.

“Soooo…” Heerin broke the silence; she was talking to Key. “I know Minho’s house is closer, but you need to drop us off first. Mom is waiting for us at home; Hana will have her check-up at 5.”

“Okay.”

There’s nothing that Hana and Minho could do in their sit, sitting next to each other.

I was happy seeing her after almost a month. She’s doing fine, what more could I ask for? She looks healthier now, her cheeks, not pale anymore.

“Hana, are you going to watch the cup?” Hami suddenly asked.

“Hami, you know that Hana can’t.” Heerin reminded. “You know how people will get hyped up during the game, it will stress her out.”

“Eonni, you made me sound so shallow.” Hana grinned.

Seeing her like she wasn’t sick, it’s like a heavy thing was lifted off of my shoulder.

“I’ll just drop by to wish you guys’ good luck. And my classmates were pleading for me to go.”

“Wae? It’s not like their game depends on you.” Hami commented.

“Sometimes they think it is.” Hana nodded to herself.

Heerin who was sitting at the passenger’s seat smiled to see that Hana was less awkward, especially since Minho was there. After their little talk, there was silence, and Hana’s phone started ringing. She opened her bag and searched for the ringing device till she comes face to face with it.

Jonghun oppa,the caller ID reads. Hana was hesitating to answer since Minho is right beside her; but Hami caught the phone in her hand and answered it.

“Annyeong, Jonghun oppa.” She answered.

“Hami, where’s Hana?”

“This is Hana, oppa.” Hami insisted.

“You can’t fool me.”

“Yah, why are you like this?” Hami asked, giggling. “I’ve fooled Hyungsik oppa thrice, yet I can’t fool you. Hold on.” Hami passed the phone.

Hana sighed, putting the phone near her ears. “Ne, oppa?”

Key saw Minho’s jaw clenched. He’s not happy about this. It is clear.

“I’m fine, I’m fine. Oppa, I’ll call you later when we get home, is that fine?” Hana was trying her best to end the call as early as possible. “Okay… bye.” Hana ended the call and put the phone back into her bag.

“Jonghun oppa knows you too well…” Hami commented.

“Hami, there are four people who are not related to us by blood who can differentiate you two. One is Taemin, second is Jonghun oppa, and third is this person sitting beside me.”

“Who is the fourth one then?” Hami asked.

At this question, the remaining four turned silent, which left Hami talking. “Luna.” Heerin lied.

Of course it would be… me. They can wear identical clothes; talk the same, mimic how each other act. But I know Hana, I know Hami. Right at this moment… it takes great courage not to hold her hand, not to hug her. I may look at Hana and Hami the same, but my heart will always be beating faster for the one I love.

Minho looks outside the window, smiling. Looking back at Hami and Hana, he noticed a little detail which for sure would make him happy. It was Hana wearing his bracelet.

She read it.

What could be more nerve-wracking than sitting next to him? I want to say things to him that I can only right in those papers and stuck them in those message bottles I keep under my bed. What keeps me sane enough was Hami sitting next to me. Minho oppa and Hami, and I’m sitting in between them.

“Okay, here we are.” Key announced, and pulled over after parking.

Heerin hugged Key. “Bye baby, see you tomorrow.” Key nodded while holding her hand.

The three at the back only looked at them like they were watching some kind of a movie. “Can we go outside now?” Hami asked.

“Of course, of course.” Key answered.

“Key… the car lock.” Minho informed Key. Key unlocks the doors saying sorry in the process making the three giggle.

“Bye Key oppa, thank you again for picking me up from school.”

“That’s nothing. Anything for my sister-in-law.” Key winks, Heerin laughing.

Minho went out of the car and held the door for Hana who was getting out of the car. “Thanks.” She muttered after.

“Welcome.” Minho said. It was more like of a whisper.

Heerin caught the two exchanging simple glances. Heerin wave goodbye to Key through the open window. She walked pass Minho and nudge him in the shoulder. By this time, Hana and Hami were walking their way inside their front yard. Heerin gave Minho a knowing look and a smile.

“See you tomorrow, lover boy.” She teased. “Got any letters? I could pass them for you if you want.”

Minho shakes his head; he can’t help it but laugh. This time it’s serious; Heerin was supporting him. “I think the last one was enough. I don’t want her to feel stressed and pressured. It’s bad for her.”

Heerin nodded. “If you said so.”

Heerin waved one last time and Minho transferred to the passenger’s seat. “So… how are you? I can’t imagine you survived for more than a month, not seeing her.” Key commented, now driving back to Minho’s house.

Minho smirked. “No, not really; I see her sometimes whether you believe it or not.”

“Where? Don’t tell me you’ve been waiting outside the gates of IPA?” Key accused.

“No. I won’t do that. The times I saw her were purely accidental, I didn’t intend to follow her of something. You know how I was restraining myself not to go see her.”

Key nodded. “Did you bump into her or something like that?”

“There was this one time I got a sprain. My mom sent me to the hospital for proper treatment because it was swelling, then I saw her outside her doctor’s office. I think she was there for her check-up. Another one was in the book store; I was looking for a certain novel when I saw her paying for numbers of message bottles.”

Key looked at him then back at the road. “You did a great job avoiding her.”

“If fate wasn’t this strict… I probably want to see her every single day.” Minho sighed looking outside the window.

“You say comments like that; that’s why Heerin always call you the cheesy guy from the block.” They just laughed it off.

-----------------

Hana went up to her room to change, while putting a new shirt on, her bracelet caught with a few strands of her hair.

“Oh my…” She muttered when she remembered that she was wearing Minho’s bracelet every day and they saw each other earlier “Ahh!!! Why didn’t I think of that?” She asked herself. “Would he know?”

“Of course he would.” Hana turned around to see Heerin standing at the door. “I forgot to knock.” Heerin said.

“Eonni…”

“Yes?” Heerin closed the door. She sat on the study table and looked at Hana with her arms crossed. “Do you need to tell me something?”

Hana shook her head. “Nothing.”

“Really?” Heerin asked. “Nothing about Jonghun?” Hana shook her head again. “Then… Hyungsik?” Hana still shook her head. “How about… Minho?”

Hana looked at Heerin. “What about Minho oppa? It’s not like I see him every day.”

Heerin nodded. “Then… can you tell me what he wrote on the letter he gave you?”

Hana knows what Heerin was trying to do.  She put a normal expression on and went towards her sister and opened a drawer where there were tons of papers. Hana held out an envelope. “You want to read it?” Hana asked.

Heerin was taken aback. “No. I just want to know what he said.”

“You can read it, eonni. It’s not that long.” Hana placed the envelope on the study table. “I’m going first, eonni. Mom is waiting for me.” Hana got her jacket on the rack and left the room.

Heerin was surprised how complex her sisters personality were. She picked up the envelope and put it back on the drawer. “Darn it, why can’t I decipher what she’s thinking?” Heerin asked herself and left the room.

While on her way back to her room, she saw Hami walk out of her own room. “Hami, where are you going?”

“Out.” Hami replied shortly.

“It’s raining, where are you going at this time?” Heerin asked with full curiosity.

“Hyungsik oppa called. He wants to have coffee. I gotta go. See you later, eonni.” Hami waved and made her way downstairs.

Heerin was left there, standing, looking at Hami going out of the house. “What just happened? Hana Hyungsik, Hana Minho, Hana Jonghun, and now it’s Hami Hyungsik?” Heerin shook her head, forgetting all about it. “It’s like math, hard to understand.” She commented and went back to her room.

-----------------

Still in the process of looking for a job. it's hard I tell you. But I'm updating plus a new story.

A story which features Baekhyun (EXO) and other EXO members 

Serenading Juliet

REPLIES:

 

Nana101, LOL, thanks! We’ll see about the Hami-Hyungsik pairing

pandagirl753, what to do? :))

keroro09, it did? I was kinda emotional while writing that one and listening to this sad love songs…

Sameaknaaa, for now, she need not. XD

onkeyjongmintae,he’s cheesy, okay… lol

ShineeKEYlovesME,HOHOHO, why dump Hyungsik? He’s nice… really. You can steal Jaejin, but not Jonghun… and of course Luna is still alive...XD