It's Not Meant To Be Because Nothing Has Changed

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

 

Minho drove to Han River, and just stayed in his car, questions running through his head at present. “Well, I was stupid.” He muttered, forcing a smile.

'Damn it, Minho! How many times have you told yourself that you'll lose in this game? Your fault for not listening to me.' No matter how bad the situation is, he can’t just accept it; he needs to scold himself for pushing if further.

He sighed twice and looks ahead. There were people walking, kids playing, and all sorts. With a heavy feeling, he dragged himself out of his car to walk. Upon looking at other people, he noticed that they were all couples out there, if not married, at least a boy and a girl who loves each other.

'I look like a stupid person here.' He thought looking everywhere and concluding that he was the only person there without companion.

But nevertheless, he continued walking that path. 'I should just go home. He told himself, but there’s a strange feeling going home. He won’t do anything at home that means more time to think about what happened earlier.

He looked up the sky. 'Should I give up on her? I know I sound so sissy and lame right now. Like some love sick person. What have you done to me?' He asked himself looking down, still walking.

The next thing he knows were balloons flying, he bumped into a vendor, making the balloons fly except for one. “Ah– ahjussi, I’m so sorry about that.” He sincerely apologized, and paid for all the balloons. The balloon vendor gave him the one left.

He just stared at it. “All of them flew, except this one.” Realization hit him. 'I shouldn't give up on her. Since the day I knew her, I can't stop thinking about her. I've gone this far.' He nodded. He looked at the string of the balloon he’s holding. He made his way back to his car, while walking, without noticing, the string of the balloon slipped out of his hands. He turned back to look at it fly away from him.

It’s not meant to be.

---------------------------------

“How did you do all of this?” Heerin asked Key. They were now sitting in a picnic mat in the middle of the flower field.

“Just a little help from Hana and Taemin.” Key grins cuddling Heerin in is arms.

“Taemin? Hana’s friend from the academy? Minho’s cousin?” Heerin asked non-stop.

“Yes.” Key answered shortly, trying to avoid any suspicions coming from her.

“Where are they?” She asked, sitting up straight looking around.

“They probably went home.” Key shrugs. Heerin looked at him with squinted eyes. “I know what you’re thinking. Minho is not here with us.” Key lied once. “Hana told me she doesn’t want to see him or anything because she’s feeling guilty about what we did. So I didn’t push it. I told Taemin to send her home.” Key lied twice.

“I just hope Minho would understand. He’s never going to win. Hami over Minho? Hana will definitely choose Hami. Hyungsik over Minho? Hana is beginning to open up to Hyungsik.” She told Key. “And if Jonghun oppa was here, Minho is no match.” She muttered.

“Did you say something?” Key asked as he overheard something.

“Nothing. There’s just this person who swept Hana off of her feet, and if he was here, Minho stands no chance. Really.” Heerin insisted.

“Who is this person?” Key asked, wondering who it is.

“He was Hana’s academy sunbae. He was the only sunbae she called oppa.”

“Woah, so I guess… she…”

“Yes, she likes him.” Heerin cuts him off. “Big time.” She nods at him. “Like Hami liking Minho. It’s on that level, but Hana is a timid girl unlike Hami who divulge every progress in her love life.”

Key looks towards the trees. 'I can't help Minho with this.' He thought.

---------------------------------

“Yah, oppaaa…” Hami whined, holding onto Hyungsik’s arm, tugging on it. “You told me we’ll have fun today.” She said her eyes, tightly shut.

“Yes we are.” Hyungsik leads her into a narrow path, holding her hand in the process. “This is going to be fun.” He giggled, passing through black curtains.

“AHHHH–” Hami hid behind Hyungsik, making him laugh. “Oppa, we should go out.” She said in a trembling voice. They were actually inside a horror house, at an amusement park.

Hyungsik turns to her. “Hey, are you okay? Don’t be scared. I’m here, beside you.” He said looking at her face.

“I know.” Hami said softly. “But they’re really creepy.” Hami whined making Hyungsik laugh again. '. This is what I can't do. Hana isn't really afraid of stuffs like this. I don't know where the heck she gets the courage from.' Hana is not really afraid of horror houses, horror movies and all stuff dealing with horror-ish things.

“Don’t mind them; they’re just normal people too. Here, hold my hand.” Hyungsik offers in which Hami took without hesitation. Hyungsik was shock with it but he likes it big time.

“Oppa, don’t leave me here.” Hami said.

Hyungsik smiles at her lovingly. “Of course, I won’t.” She pats her head, guiding her towards the horror maze.

---------------------------------

Hana and Jonghun stood there, not saying anything but looking at each other. Jaejin smirks looking at the two. They both looked at him when he cleared his throat. “Excuse me; I’m still here if you forgot.” He said sarcastically. Hana and Jonghun just laughed at him.

“Let’s get inside.” Hana told them, but no one budge. “Unless, you two have somewhere to go.” She looked at Jonghun, then to Jaejin.

“Actually, we do.” Jonghun told her. “Would you like to come?” He asked her, closing the gap between them.

Hana looked at Jaejin. “I think I’ll pass. The sunbaes and your other friends are probably waiting for you two.” Hana said knowing them too well. They are going out with their friends, all boys, out to play. Now that Jonghun is back in Korea, they will have a party.

“No. I insist.” Jonghun was pushing it.

Hana looked at Jaejin. “A pass is a pass.” Jaejin told Jonghun walking towards him, leaning in to whisper. “After all, if she doesn’t come today, there’s a reason for you to see her tomorrow.” Jaejin went back beside Hana. “So I’ll just see my prettiest cousin some other time, we need to go now.” He hugs Hana lightly and pats he head like a 5-year-old kid.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go?” Jonghun asked again, he was laughing lightly now.

“I’m positive.” Hana nodded.

“Then… can we go out tomorrow?” Jonghun asked her.

Hana smiled, one of the most genuine smiles she ever gave a person. She looks at Jaejin, then back to Jonghun.

Jaejin got the hint. “I’ll go inside first.” He smirked, eyeing the two. He rode the van and shut the door.

“So…” Jonghun trailed. Hana nodded. “That’s a yes, and there’s no turning back.” He said right after Hana nodded. “I’ll pick you up around 10AM. Don’t forget.”

“Okay, oppa.” Hana nodded.

“I’ll go now before you change your mind.” He laughs at his own comment. He leans in and hugs her which Hana didn’t really expect. “I missed you.” He whispered. He breaks the hug and opens the car door. “I’ll see you tomorrow then.”  He smiles at her looking at her with those bright eyes of him.

Hana who was standing in the sidewalk, frozen; manages to nod and smile, waving at them, she waited until the car drove off.

She went inside their house, smile still plastered on her face, making her way up to her room. She can’t hide those heart-stopping moments between her and him. He is the reason… on why Hana said 'no' to Hyungsik for a long time. He is the reason… on why Hana didn’t care much about pretty boys asking her out. She liked him since she was in middle school.

FLASHBACK

 

Hana was in her 2nd year of middle school and it was her 7th year at IPA. She didnt have many friends, just a few, probably because everybody got cliques of their own and she didn't bother making into their circle of friends. She was fine being alone.

"Hana, do you know Professor Song of the high school department? He's in charge of the school-wide production." Her music teacher asked her. She was in the teaching staff room.

"Yes, Ma'am.”

"Could you please look for him and give this. I had revised the lyrics and some melody of the songs to be used in the production. I think he's in the theatre right now for rehearsals. Since it's almost 1PM, practice starts at 1." Her teacher handed her three bags. They were all scores.

She gathered them and carried them in her hands, since they are not that heavy. Its thirty minutes past 12, so she had thirty minutes more to look for Professor Song.

Intercontinental Preparatory Academy is a big maze for a limited number of students. Pre-school and grade school students population is roughly about 300 while the students for middle school and high school was around 200. Other students from other school would always say that IPA is a manor, not a school.

With a little number of students that they have compared to other schools, it's not hard for them to know one another by face.

Hana left their building and walk through the endless pathways connecting four buildings of the academy. Middle school and high school building were located at each side of the whole campus making it farther for Hana.

It was almost 12:45 when Hana reached the high school building; still she needed to go at the back, where the theatre is located. She opened door lightly to peek at it, she don't want to disturb if they started rehearsing, but surprisingly, fifteen minutes before practice, there were just a few people inside including some of her classmates.

"Bomi, do you actually read the score?" There was Professor Song, high school department's music head, he's in her early thirties. He is standing in the stage, where there were two pianos, a girl and a boy playing, probably a duet. Hana guessed it was the music team for the production who is practicing today since she saw mostly of the students there, holding scores and instruments.

"Excuse me.” Hana saw Professor Song's assistant. "Ms. Han sent me here to give something to the director.” She told him and he went on stage to tell Professor Song leaving Hana beside the stage stairs.

Hana heard him. "Play it from the top, again." Soon, Professor Song was standing in front of Hana.

Hana bowed lightly. "Good afternoon Professor Song. Ms. Han told me to give these to you. She said they were revised lyrics and melody."

Professor Song smiled at her and took the bags in her hands. "Thank you, Ms. Hwang."

Hana bowed again and said goodbye. But before Hana could walk away Professor Song heard her talking to herself. "I think the beat is off by three seconds and she gives off heavy feelings with the song." Hana continued walking.

"Ms. Hwang." Hana turned around to see Professor Song looking at her. "Would you please come here for a second?" Hana points at herself.

She drags herself in the stage and everyone is looking at her. Professor Song takes out two new scores. "Do you play the piano, Ms. Hwang?" He asked and Hana nodded. He handed one to Hana and turns to the piano near the curtains walking towards it. "Here's your score, Jonghun. Bomi, could you please move for a second?" He asked the girl nicely and she went off stage.

Hana had a good look at the girl, she was really pretty. Hana stood there looking at the young professor. "Ms. Hwang, could you play the piece in the 5th act?"

Hana just obeyed, walking to where the piano is. She only looked at her feet or the score in her hands. She sat on the piano stool and placed the score looking for the piece for the 5th act. She fidgets in her seat until she heard someone laughs. She turns to her right to see the most stunning guy she saw in her entire life. "Hey, I'm Jonghun.” He offered a hand to shake." I'm from high school department, class 1-A."

Hana bowed lightly shaking his hand. "I'm Hana, class 2-A in middle school department.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

Hana opened the drawer in her bedside table and took a picture out. It was her and Jonghun, at the school production playing duet piano. It was taken almost three years ago. Jonghun has been her close friend though Jonghun is in high school and Hana in middle school. That’s when other kids started to befriend her. When Hana stepped high school, she could hardly see and talk to Jonghun because he was very busy and so was she.

Hana sat on the bed, still looking at their picture. ‘Nothing has changed, oppa.’

 

----------------------------------------------

Another short chapter for this week since it's exam week next week, I won't be able to update *but I do hope that I can*.

"Is it the end for Minho and Hana?"

"With little differences, can Hyungsik figure out that it's not Hana who is she with?"

"Can Key help Minho again this time?"

and the big question is...

"Will Jonghun and Jaejin be permanent characters in this story?"

and

'I'm losing subscribers because I'm one lazy author. hohoho.'

I HOPE YOU GUYS WON'T GET TIREEEEEED OF MINHANA BECAUSE I JUST WROTE A MINHANA VALENTINES SPECIAL which I WROTE

FEBRUARY12-15,2011, I'M JUST POSTING IT NOW it's a short story, roughly about 7500 words?  

click

click

Fighting on Valentines

 

Replies:

Sameaknaaa, uh-oh, more... XD

Nana101, He's my 1st bias too... :))

onkeyjongmintae, Jonghun is Hana's first love. I hope the flashback explains everything. ((:

keroro09, honey, it's JongHUN. It's not Jjong. Awww, *moved by the words*

velyrra, Jonghun and Jaejin from FTIsland. Jonghun>leader/lead guitarist. Jaejin>bassist/subvocal.