Signs

He's The Guy I Want, The One I Can't Have

So, I'm being kicked out so I just have to leave a short A/N

do you like short updates of longer ones?

---------------------------------

My hands were shaking, my voice is trembling, I thought I was out of my mind, I don’t know what to do. I’m having a hard time forcing my throat to create sounds.  He’s there, the person I don’t want to see the most, Choi Minho, the only guy Hami loves.

The feeling was like trying to fill the water bottle when it’s already full. There were butterflies in my stomach and I’m literally talking to myself the taxi driver is looking at me awkwardly. I’m not some psychotic person; I’ll appreciate it if you stop staring at me through the rearview mirror. I look at him and forcibly grin. “Ahjussi, just continue driving, don’t mind me.” He just shrugs it off.

I stared out the window, the small raindrops hitting the taxi’s window seeing them turning into big raindrops… was the weather being one with me? I’m so confused right now. There was vibration coming from my purse. The phone, it’s ringing. I pulled it out and saw Hami’s name on the caller ID. Should I pick green or red? If green, the possibility will be… she will be screaming at me saying why I invaded her love life. If red, she’ll think I’m still with Hyungshik sunbae. So, go with the red, all the reds.

With the ride home, I was beginning to calm down, staring at my newly painted nails… Hami painted them for me. They were red, flaming red; she said it will look good on me on my first date ever. The taxi takes a right turn, it’s our lane. The rain stopped, I’m feeling fine.

“Just stop on the fifth house, ahjussi.” I took out a few dollars in my wallet and gave it to the taxi driver. When I went out of the taxi, there’s Taemin sitting on the concrete stairs leading to out gate. “Why are you here?”

“Can I come in first?” Taemin asked me, he was looking left and right. By the way, he just lives around the corner.

“Of course, let’s go in.” I opened the gate and saw Mrs. Kim taking care of the flowers in the garden. She didn’t left? I was gone for an hour. “Come in.” I opened our front door and dropped my things on the coffee table. “Have a sit. Juice or tea?” I asked him making my way into the kitchen taking out the orange juice from the refrigerator then two glasses, put them in the tray and made my way to the living room. “Here.”

I sit beside him. “So, what brings you here?” I looked at him.

“You saw Minho hyung didn’t you.” He suddenly grins at me raising his eyebrows up and down.  I put the glass down on the coffee table.

“How did you know?” I asked him with eyes wide open. With close friends like Taeminnie and my sisters, it’s like I’m a different Hana known by everyone.

“I just came here to make sure that Minho hyung never found out about you yet. He called me; he said he saw the ‘girl’ again.” He air quoted at the girl. Suddenly, my heart starts beating abnormal again.

“Apparently, I freaked out the moment I saw him staring at me so I ran out. I was almost hit by a speeding taxi. But fortunately, I got away.” I explained to him without so many pressures.

“Minho hyung is smart so I thought he got the idea of Hami noona having a twin, and that is you. Good thing he didn’t went here. That’s the reason why I’m here. You’re home alone?” He asked me looking around to see nobody.

“Yea, but Mrs. Kim is out there.” I saw him looking at me. “Taemin, thanks for not telling Minho oppa. I know how hard it must’ve been for you to tell him lies.” He smiled at me and stood up.

“Okay, since you’re fine now and you’re here at home, I’m heading out first.” I stared at him looking up.

“Where are you going?” I asked him, standing up in the process, leading him out the door. “Are you going home now?”

He shakes his head with that blowfish face. “No. I’m going to where you were 20 minutes ago. Minho hyung told me I should get myself down there.”

I nodded, understanding everything. “So see you in school.” I told him waving. He waved back opening the gate to head out.

I closed the door and flopped on the couch. Could I hide from him forever? The answer is no. Wouldn’t he be suspicious if he meets me? Hell yes, he would be! Things like this wouldn’t be just like… ‘Hana, disappear from Minho’s mind' and *swoosh* Minho haven't seen you in his entire existence.

----------------------------

Minho went back to his seat; his mind restless on thinking, why Hami did ran away from him. After a few minutes, it’s just time for Key, Heerin, and Hami to arrive in the coffee shop.

The moment Hami saw Minho, “Minho oppa!” She squeals running towards Minho and sitting beside him. Minho gave her a faint smile. “Oppa, I thought that you were in Incheon?” Hami asked him.

‘What was I thinking that it was Hami who ran away when she saw me? It's not her.’ “I thought of surprising you after your performance so… surprised?” He asked her grinning and Hami nodded franticly.

“Aigoo, this kid. You saw Minho and now you’re happy just by seeing him?” Heerin asked and Hami replied with a definite yes. Heerin’s phone rings. It’s their mom, calling. “It’s mom. Hey mom.” She greets when she answered her call. Their mom and dad were just on time to watch Hami’s performance and left after because of their busy schedule.

……

“Where are you right now?”

Heerin stood up to leave the group for a while. “We’re planning to eat dinner later so we’re going to have coffee first. We’re with Key and Minho.” She looks at their table where the three happily chats.

“I see. Where’s Hana then?”

“She’s at home mom, she just got there. Hana and Hyungshik went out today.” Heerin explained. “She’s going to be fine there, mom, Mrs. Kim is with her.” Heerin assured.

“Okay, okay. I’m just worried about my girls. See you later at home, honey. Bye.”

……

“So, what did mom said?” Hami asked Heerin the moment she got back and takes her seat. She then sighed and sat back. “Why would I even bother asking? Of course she’ll ask about–”

“Hami, can we please not talk about that here? That’s one thing I’m asking.” Heerin said sternly.

“Fine, fine.” Hami gave up.

“Should we leave?” Key asked them to ease tension looking at Minho who totally looked puzzled on what they are talking about.

“Can we just wait for a few minutes? I’m waiting for Taemin.” Minho asked Key. At the sound of Taemin’s name, Heerin looked at Key. Key held her hand under the table to tell her that everything is going to be all right. “Oh, there he is.” Minho was looking at the door where Taemin is.

“Who is he, oppa?” Hami asked Minho looking at Taemin who is walking towards them.

“He’s my cousin, Taemin.”

Taemin’s P.O.V.

I know why Minho hyung called me here; we’re not cousins for nothing. Does he think he can fool me? I’ll just react like I’ve seen Hami noona for the first time today. Well, yea… it’s the first time I saw her but it’s like I see her every day because I see Hana noona everyday.

“Hey hyung.” I greeted and sat beside Key hyung.

“Taemin, this is Hami…” Key hyung motioned towards Hami noona. “And this is Heerin. So…” key hyung looked at Minho hyung. “Should we head out now? Since Taemin is here.”

Minho hyung just nodded and we stood up one by one with the two girls walking ahead of us. I looked at Key hyung shrugging. “So, what brings you here?” He asked me.

“Ask him.” I nodded at Minho hyung. “So, that was Hami. Hami noona? Just like in those pictures you showed me.”

“You really don’t know anyone who looks like her?”

End of P.O.V

“You really don’t know anyone who looks like her?” Minho asked Taemin.

“Are we going at it again? How many times do I need to tell you? I don’t.” Taemin just simply shrugs.

“We’re not done with this discussion yet?” Key butts in. “Minho, if you’re sick, you can go home. What’s wrong with you?”

Minho sighed. “Just forget what I said.”

“There, that’s better.” Key commented pulling the two with him outside the coffee shop.

---------------------------------

It’s been a week since I last saw him, and I keep thinking about him? Why? Why would I even bother thinking about him? Those eyes, his face, it keeps popping into my head whenever I doze off while studying. Why? He’s just a guy I am hiding from, why does he appear in my mind without any warning? I’m not thinking about him, I’m honest.

Do you know why I’m talking about this inside my head? It’s because he just popped into my head again. I’m here in my room, reading and Hami and Heerin eonni were here too. They said they want to have a chat with me and I said its fine but they just keep talking, the two of them, when Hami had mentioned ‘Minho oppa is being strange this days’ I can’t help but think about what happened last time.

“What? I thought you like him? Minho’s just like that, don’t you know? He’s silent and weird at times, but he’s lovely and charming most of the time.”

I just stared at the two of them talking about Minho oppa and Key oppa, most of the time. But then, Hami shifts her gaze at me. “Ah, now I remember, I never asked how your date went.” She grins at me. “So, how was it?”

Heerin eonni was looking at me too. “It went well. Do you want a summary?” I grinned and Hami nodded. “Well, we went in the public library, then we went to this restaurant, then ice cream parlor, then done.”

Hami looked at me dumbfounded. “That’s it?” She asked me. “It looks like a fieldtrip.” She’s mocking but I don’t really care, that’s Hami.

“Well yea and we just talked. No biggie. He said he reminds me a lot of his mom.”

“That just means one thing.” Heerin eonni commented and Hami nodded. I gave her a questioning look. “When a guy likes a girl like his mom, he really likes the girl.”

“He told me.” I closed the book I was reading. “I was like his mom. I told him he should stop liking me because I don’t have time to fall in love.”

“It’s not that you don’t have time.” Heerin eonni explained. She and Hami were now sitting on the bed. Giving me lectures again? I’m tired of this. “You’re not ready. Maybe one day you’ll know. If it makes your heart beat faster when you see him, then you’re falling in love. If you think about him suddenly without any notice and you're not even thinking about him and he just popped into your head, then you're falling in love. You’ll know.” Heerin eonni stood up opening the door. “C’mon Hami, let’s go out, it seems that our sister here needs a lot of thinking.”

Hami hopped out of the bed. “Oh that happens to me all the time, when I see Minho oppa~” She sang and I was left in my own room looking at nowhere.

When my heart beats faster, IT’S BECAUSE OF HIM. When my mind suddenly goes blank, HE FILLS IT UP. He, Choi Minho, has he made me fall in love with him?