Just My Luck

Disguised (Part 1)

 

I couldn't do anything against Mr. Shinwoo that's why I gave up. I know it was not like me to give up on personal matter, especially if they were concerning my family, but I knew that I should do anything to stay at this school. I couldn't talk to him, so I just accepted my punishment, an essay about 1500 words. An essay about Spain's relationship to Korea. Unfortunately I never heard of one. Well, as long as I badmouth Spain everything should be okay. Not that I was evenminded about it, but getting good grades that would have been all I wanted to achieve. I sighed and went to my badminton practice. Maybe that could be my last chance to cheer myself up. I dressed myself quickly and entered the hall with misgivings. As soon as I saw Kyuhyun I doubted that the next 1 ½ hours would cheer me up. They would mentally knock me down instead.

I looked around but couldn't find Hanwoo, but I also found Donghae, staying besides Kyuhyun. As Kyuhyun raised his head I almost got an heart attack. He gazed at me and smiled. Donghae seemed to notice it and also looked at me, but there wasn't a single happy expression on his face. After all he didn't seem to like me. If I could just switch off my affection towards him, then everything would nearly be fine. “Hanwoo isn't here... Do you like a piece of chocolate?” Hantae asked and handed me a piece. “Oh, thanks so much!” I hadn't eat chocolate for years. Omo, it tasted so good. “I conjured a smile on your face. Now I am happy, but since Hanwoo isn't here someone else will be watching over us...”

I knew who'd be watching over us without thinking further about it. There was just 1 option. It felt like my head was going to fall down so I sat down on the ground. “Please gather.” Kyuhyun shouted out loud as mass of fangirls were already running over me. I just followed them slowly, but I just couldn't look at one of them. Kyuhyun was so embarrassing that I'd burst out in laughter and Donghae... Well, I despised him for being a mean boy. “Hanwoo is unfortunately sick-” “I hope he will never return.” one girl beside me mumbled and I turned my face towards her. Oh my god, hopefully she would never return after this practice.

“Unfortunately.” Kyuhyun smiled at that girl, who swooned immediately. “Hanwoo will come back and take his place again.” “Thanks god.” I muttered but maybe a bit too loud. Donghae looked at me with a blank expression, while Kyuhyun gritted his teeth, hopefully not in anger. “You.... and you.” He pointed his finger at me and smirked viciously, before pushing me into Donghae's group. “So... we will be doing athletics, sprint and endurance run.” I already heard the bells announcing my death. That was why I took badminton. I hated everything that has to do with athletics. The only thing I could be good at was sprint, everything else... wouldn't be good. “At least you're not in Kyuhyun's group.” Hantae mumbled and could just smile. “I don't think it's that much better with that mean... guy.” I stared at the ground and Hantae patted my shoulder lightly. “By all means, we have to survive.”

We went outside and it was too cold to be honest. I froze and my was almost ice. “We will do 2000m sprint, that are about 8 rounds... So how about a warm up?” Donghae asked while he pushed some girls away from him. 8 rounds? 8? That were.... pretty a lot of rounds. I nodded to myself and began to tremble, because of the temperatures. I sat down on the grass and put my arms around my body. That was too cold... “Hey, you run.” I looked up and nodded. “S-sure.” How I'd like to be in California now. It was never this cold. I began to run slowly, because my legs weren't nothing but stiff. The first round was quite okay, also the second. The third was harder but still bearable. The fourth was about to knock me down and fifth knocked me down indeed.

I fell to the ground and gasped for air. Finally I could rest. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the few seconds of silence, before I heard some steps coming near. “Do something, you fool.” I heard Kyuhyun talking but didn't move an inch. There was nothing they could do to wake me up. I heard footsteps approaching and tried to gasp as calm as I could. “Wake her up, Donghae-sunbae.” Kyuhyun forced but I didn't notice anything. “Never experienced first-aid-courses?” Suddenly I felt hot breathe touching my face and I opened my eyes, as Donghae's lips were already placed on my lips. His soft lips trailed along mine and he kind of blew some air into me.